Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Why do you roleplay?

I like to rp to get to know people and eventually get to know myself better. To build worlds that I’m too shy or unable to build in the real world. It’s an escape from everyday stress.

I don't really know. I have guesses though. It might be that it's affirming of my sexual desires to know that someone else is turned on by the same thing as I am. Like a sort of 'partner in crime' kinda deal. It might also just be the company and the interactions themselves, the thought that there's someone else having a good time with me. It might be that even when I leave to do other things, my erotic imagination is a lot more lively, my fantasies more arousing. But yeah, I'm not sure. I just... Keep coming back. Time and time again. I get a lot of anxiety on sites like these, so I'm kinda stumped as to why I'm here in the first place. Used to be worse when I was younger though - the anxiety that is. I feel like if I ever figure out a way to handle my anxious tendencies, I'd really, really enjoy myself while RP'ing. Maybe that's why I keep coming back? Oh well.

I'm a single father with two young girls. I started years ago just as a hobby but now it's an escape for me (and the usual fantasies I can't fulfill) :ROFLMAO:
Between work and taking care of my girls though I rarely get much time so I'm usually unable to get on until 9pm (UK time)

Rp is a temporary escape and fuels the creative part of me. I love creating complex characters as exploring them. There is also the excitement of the smut.. But can you blame a person?

Someone mentioned it before, but the rp being an affirmation of interests and ideas is probably an integral part for me. Overall, it's a social thing. I can't share these ideas with my friends irl, but I can with my partners. Having something analogous to a friend that derives entertainment from the writing, adult themes or otherwise, is... Yeah, reaffirming. Not much else I can say.

I do it for a change of mind space. Its like all of my problems don't exist and I can be someone else or do things I can be anything that I want.

I truly believe my reasons for rping have changed and developed over time to a degree. But the constant theme I’ve kept is that I do it as an escape . I’m happily married and have two young kids, but because my life is non stop and constant , rping allows me to experience events and emotions through my character’s eyes. For that short time when I’m replying to posts , I can forget about everything that still needs done and be selfish enough to do something I love . I adore writing , but I’ve never had the push to write solo work. Writing with a partner allows me to enjoy the freedom of creating an entirely different world but giving me the oppurtunity to see that same world through my partner’s eyes.

Honestly, writing has always helped my ADHD, and really helps me de-stress and unwind. Plus, writing is just a passion. It's far more fun to write with someone else than just bouncing ideas off of your own mind.

I write for the fun of it. I enjoy allowing my creativity to be let loose and this is a great way to allow it to do so.

I experience emotions much more intensely when I write, things like butterflies, arousal, sadness, even anger, are actually...physically noticeable to me? Same when reading. But I typically don’t experience things that strongly in my everyday life, even in situations that should invoke them.

My brain screams at me until I write.

In all seriousness though, I've been writing all my life, and I enjoy having that connection with other people to write a story together. I get so many ideas, and while most of them don't make it to fruition, or they end up being a solo story of mine, I do like being able to create worlds with people. It helps a lot with my depression and anxiety, gives me something to focus on instead of coping in unhealthy ways.

Back
Top Bottom