Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Inevitable Fates (Arcangel & Kinkywolfdemon)

Nyx let out a soft giggle at his reply, shaking her head a little at the insinuated meaning behind his playful tone. Did that mean she hadn’t ruined this vision of her by submitting, after all? The though ignited a bit of a happy gleam in her eyes, but she said nothing of it. Being pleased that he still seemed interested in her was enough.

“And if you had a terribly wanting goddess, who’d have you at her whim, without avail? You could become quite a busy man.” She chimed in teasing reply, wishing to return his notion, hinting that she clearly wasn’t through with her interest in him either. After all... Gaze cast upon his features, how the fire’s warm glow reflected off his face, Nyx would admit that it would already be a bit frustrating to part with the man sitting there.

As their fingers ran along each other’s, Nyx’s eyes widened in slight surprise, but only before sending Shatos a small smile. Gaze curious and grin cheeky as she returned his water skin, she was beginning to wander just how this night without further intimacy would end. Was it possible there was actually something more there...?

Perhaps. Letting out a soft sigh and nodding calmly, Nyx would agree, “It’d prove troublesome to allow too make enemies to stick around, I’ll leave you that. Just don’t take on too much, or we’ll both be hurting for it.” She warmed with some serious note to her tone, though she kept her words light enough. It was going to be risky, going in with him and no great means of fighting on her own. She did normally manage quite well on her own even in fighting situations, but that was more or less because her evasion was of high skill. Meanwhile, close-quarters combat? Much trickier for a spell caster.

Feeling his arm move to wrap around her waist, Nyx turned to look at him with some surprise, only to catch his eyes tending to the fire. It was a soft gesture, or so she figured, one that would make her expression warm into a smile as she looked over his features with some form of adoration. Of course, this softness only spread as he spoke, Nyx relaxing enough at the time and meaning in his words to shift further up against him, her head light upon his shoulder as she leaned on into the arm that held her.

His words made her both pleased and thoughtful, a few notes in her mind to address as she let her gaze shift to the fire in front of them with some hesitance before deciding how to speak. “Too hard on me? Oh, please, I’ve managed some close calls just fine,” she urged with a sly smile, before continuing more seriously, “I never meant to presume you’d creep past every enemy we encounter. I merely hope that you’ll think tactically with me, instead of taking them all. Sound enough like an equal agreement?” She suggested, turning her head to send him a grin.
Then, hesitating as she looked up at him, their proximity now rather near with her head upon his shoulder, Nyx would bite her bottom lip and let her gaze dip to look over the rest of him. Maintaining eye contact while being sincere was rather difficult, no matter how intimate they’d been, huh?

“I.. I do believe I’m sort of getting attached to you, too, you know. It’s definitely been one of my most pleasant trips so far.” Letting out a soft breath of relief, Nyx would turn her gaze back to him, warmth clear there as she brought one of her hands up to rest upon his chest. “Besides, I do know a good partner when I see one proven... I wouldn’t mind continuing to know you better.” Nyx spoke slowly, feeling her own words a tad bold, even if they were quite vague. She alluded to her real thoughts behind her sexual appraisal of him without stating it outright, as well as leaving the door open for him to insinuate she either wanted more intimacy in the future, or...

It was possible she considered it a potential start of romance. Nyx was too hesitant to make her worlds clearer, given the setback earlier, her own thoughts betraying her when it came to trusting that he’d view her worth anything more than a lay when it came to non-business matters. That being said, looking over his features, their proximity so close...

“Granted, I can’t be viewed as... just another girl, then. If I were to even begin considering that.” She spoke softly, her tone warm, and almost playful even now as Nyx hinted further at her meaning. The hand on his chest gently clutched the fabric there as she twisted just a little tonfurther face him, her free hand slowly rising up to brush along his cheek as she looked over his face. Her gaze trailed along his intense red eyes, his jawline and cheeks, his nose, his lips...

Leaning in, the hand on his cheek moved to caress his neck as she gave him a slow, gentle, but passionate kiss. Her lips melding into his pleasantly into his, Nyx savored the tender gesture, prolonging it with a tilt of her head before slowly withdrawing. It was far different than those during their intimate rounds. Rather, it was tender, warm, and almost, Nyx considered, romantic, depending upon his response.

"Well as long as you think you can handle yourself I'll trust your judgement." Shatos said while Nyx leaned against his shoulder gave him some sort of peace in the moment finding himself relaxing at her touch and how her body pressed over against his as if relying on him to hold her up or keep her warm. It didn't matter the reason just the idea that he could be useful to her gave him a sort of peace that he had never found with any of his other partners which only confirmed what he had told her before about being comfortable and attached to her.

Had she just made that kind of statement? 'I wouldn't mind continuing to know you better.' How bold and forward of this vixen to make such a strong statement out in the open for him to respond to while at the same time she tried to hide it behind being vague it was no mistake not with how clever she acted around him. The hand around her waist flexed slightly in response as he took a hold of side slightly. She had accepted his attachment, admitted her own and added on in a way that gave him freedom to act how he saw fit.

With a slight smile growing upon his lips he gave her a glance to see that grin on her lips which seemed so natural for him to see since they met. It was a reason she always gave off such mischievous looks towards him between that and her lovely eyes that gave the gleam of a trickster. "wouldn't mind? I suppose it could be interesting to see what could happen if we got to know each other better beyond just what we can while on a job.." He said in a playful tone of voice supporting the idea that there was a strong possibility for them in the future. In his mind Nyx was everything no other woman was that he had met and something about the way he felt about her kept bringing about these...memories. She must reminded him of someone from his unknown past which hopefully meant he might recover those lost memories if he stayed near her, a bonus that was unintended but something he was hoping to achieve as well.

His eyes moved from her eyes to her lips and back while she spoke, "I wouldn't even think of another woman in my life if that was the case... Unless you were the kind to enjoy those kinds of things." He responded amused at the thought but leaving it at the back of mind beyond that as much more of just a thought. His own thoughts more focused on where this could lead if she truly thought of him as mating material, what would be their long term goals, who would he become, would she accept him searching for his past? Thoughts raced through his head so quickly he barely registered the hand his cheek or how it moved to his neck.

His mind went blank as her lips suddenly pressed up against his distracting him from anything else other than the warmth of those soft delicate lips against his. The world fell away and nothing besides Nyx remained in that moment as his arm around her pulled her in closer and his own lips began to kiss back in a slow soft but intimate kiss making him lean his head to the side to reciprocate. The seconds became ages and at the same time the kiss ended far too soon for his liking as their lips broke apart he could feel his heart thumping rapidly inside his chest as if that was the most exhilarating feeling in the world to have someone kiss you so tenderly as she had. His own breath was staggered as it came out while looking over at her unable to process what had just happened or what he could say to respond except lean forward for another gentle and slightly more intimate kiss while leaning down towards her and he let his other hand reach up and caress her hand softly that had been at his neck. He wanted nothing more than to make this evening last now as suddenly he found a new warmth and a lovely sensation that in the last seventeen years of his memory he had never had in such a tender moment with a woman. With his luck that barrier would come down this very moment and the world would interrupt them but thankfully tonight luck was on his side as he got to tenderly enjoy the moment.

The kiss lasted for another quick eternity that he found himself once again just as enraptured with but he had to pull away and stare down at her once again taking in her lovely features all once again from her pale skin to her fluffy fox ears and back to those eyes that glowed in the moon light he found himself feeling as if she were lifting him up with some unknown strength and giving him all the power he needed to take on the world in that moment, "Nyx.. I want to take you out on a date when we get through with this. Allow me to treat you to a night of quality pampering when this is over. Will you allow me to court you?" He asked slightly anxious knowing she basically agreed to wanting to see him more but the idea that he would be so formal and forward about it now still brought a tinge of fear in his heart that she might deny him this.

Eyeing him cautiously for his reaction, Nyx was pleased to relax a bit as he began to grin in return. That would only mean a warm response, right? She wasn't sure why she'd gotten so bold, but she presumed it was because they'd both elected to be rather genuine with each other. Maybe a bit vague, maybe only touching the surface for right now– but it definitely all felt instinctual, and quite frankly, far too good to resist the prospect of. While the idea of becoming his mate did give her some hesitance, she'd admit it was at least beginning to sound appealing.

As he spoke, she only further sunk in against him, a rush of relief washing over her as she lit it show across her facial features. "Then, we're agreed," she'd accept the teasing response with ease, a cheeky grin lifting her lips as her expression softened towards him. It was also a vague statement he'd made, surely, but it also insinuated what she'd been hinting at and that in itself was enough to make her chest feel just a bit warm. Nyx was content just hearing this, her gaze peaceful upon him until her spoke back up on the subject, almost as if to clear away her doubts of him. Her eyes widened just a bit, her lips parting with words that remained unspoken as she instead chose to close her mouth into a sly little smile. "I'm not one to share. I require full attention," she teased back, talking as if dismissive with him, though a playful gleam in her eyes would say otherwise as her tail flicked behind her gently.

Feeling Shatos lean on into the kiss, Nyx melted further, forgetting where they sat and the impending mission as she instead let herself focus only on his lips and their tender moments together. For a man who'd proven to be so full of power, so strong and capable of harm, to deliver such sweet and exhilaratingly tenderness completely blew Nyx out of the water. She'd never experience a sexual partner this way– not in the way she seemed intent on completely savoring any bit of Shatos she was allowed to have. Apparently, that thread most definitely applied to outside of intimacy, as well, considering their earlier conversation topic. The hand on his chest gripped at the fabric there while the kiss lasted, as if to draw him even further on in once they chests had pressed lightly together. When he drew her in to a second kiss, Nyx felt her heart warm, her pace kicking up its rhythm and a slight flush drawing to her cheeks as she began to contemplate just what may become of this. How he'd managed to wrap her around his finger so quickly, she wasn't sure, but Nyx was far from complaining.

Especially, with his next question.

"Will you allow me to court you?"

Nyx's gaze turned wide upon him again for a few moments before softening, a mix of happiness and mischief intermingling across her features as she considered just how to answer. In truth, it was more about what to say– her answer was simple. "Yes," She started quickly, noting that hint of what she thought to be anxiety from him, the hand on his cheek gently brushing its thumb over his face as she grinned and a softer expression claimed her features. It wasn't expected of him to approach her in such a formal way, to suggest a planned date even, but to her? It was unexpected music to her ears. "I'd... love that, honestly," she opened up further, aa slight flush on her cheeks as she dropped some of her vague meaning for his benefit. After all, asking her such a thing was pretty bold. Being genuine about her reply was the least she could do.

"For now, though... I hate to say it, but shall we rest, Shatos?" She urged sweetly, though some disappointment lay in her gaze. Sleeping seemed an awful concept with such an atmosphere, but Nyx knew danger awaited them in the morning and they'd need some shut eye soon. So, stretching and letting out a soft yawn, she'd settle herself in to lay beside him there. Whether or not he joined, she'd keep the offer open, one of her arms curling beneath her head as she laid on her side, gaze still shining from the pleasant surprise.

Yes, such a simple little word but there was so much power that simple little word had. In the instant she said the word he felt himself emboldened wanting nothing more than to take her into his arms and show her how much he appreciated and loved that she would accept him but he knew better than to act on that desire in the moment on a job. They had already more than enjoyed themselves while on this job so perhaps it was best he held himself back from showing her how much he truly appreciated this. Of course that is the beauty of courting her, he would have plenty other opportunities to do just that.

"I'm glad..." Was all he could say finding himself at a lack of words other than how he felt about that. She was one of the few that wasn't intimidated by him at least and was allowing herself to trust the man who many others found unsettling if not dangerous by how he looked. Many of those were right to be afraid of what he could do, he was capable of so much but to Nyx he could never allow himself to turn on the only one to accept him so fully. His chest felt like it could burst at any moment with the intense feeling he had as he stared at her.

The flush on her cheeks was very appealing to see and he stared over at her for some time until she moved away to lay in the grass beside him. He got up moving over next to her and positioned himself to lay behind her. He wrapped one arm around her waist pulling their bodies close while his other arm moved up to pull her hair back away from her face and neck as he leaned forward over her and brought her into another tender loving kiss. His lips pressed against hers firmly slowly evolving to a much more intimate less tender kiss but he made sure to not allow himself to take it too far beyond that, "Rest is going to be rather difficult tonight but I will try...for you." Shatos said in a lustful voice but he gave her a real smile as he pulled away slowly moving to lay behind her holding himself back from what he wanted to do.

As they laid there together the fire was already starting to die out without enough fuel to keep it going and the stars and moonlight was slowly becoming the only light they had left this evening. Thankfully they could get this one more nights rest without worry about fighting or staying awake for long hours to prevent that. He slowly moved his head down to rest on his arm as he moved his body a bit trying to get comfortable on the hard ground finding this was one of the few downsides of what they did, "I can't wait to finish this job and actually get a nice warm bed to share.." He muttered finding himself already imagining what they could enjoy having nights alone in a large bed with nothing on, the thoughts alone were tantalizing.

The exchange of more genuine words had brought Nyx's heartbeat to race within her chest, one of her hands moving to rest there as she tried to comprehend the switch they'd taken from a almost-combative, teasing partnership to idea of a legitimate courtship passing between them. She'd been pursued before, but never had she truly taken a man seriously. With Shatos– well, what could she say? Her eyes gleamed with a peaceful happiness as she looked him over, the hand on his chest sliding up his shoulder and then further along his jawline. Nyx supposed her interest had started as soon as they'd begun to tease one another, the playfulness leading into a much stronger attraction than her usual, and their intimacy had only bolstered and further supported her thoughts on him. Not only could he handle her, but he was an incredible, challenging, and wonderful match as far as she'd seen so far.

Her temptation to actually consider taking a mate had never been stronger. Still swept away by their affectionate exchange, Nyx was more than pleased to feel him lay alongside her, turning as she could to best meet his lips in that kiss. A happy, little hum left her throat as she closed her eyes and leaned into it, reaching a hand to his neck as she savored the sensation. It definitely evolved from tender into more passionate territory, and what with what they'd begun to discuss, Nyx couldn't help but crave further intimacy. Even just the kiss felt different now. Part of her wanted to lose herself in the moment and see what else could happen in the heat of the moment, lying fireside as they were, the new knowledge of their mutual thoughts in the open air...

But, she herself had also suggested trying to sleep, which was more less a smart course of action. No matter how restless she felt about doing so now, with that pleasant warmth in her chest. She wanted to chase after it, get tangled up in it, get lost in the feeling– but now wasn't the time. An amused laugh parted her lips at his response to her suggestion, her gaze not shy to eye him up with lust-laden stare as if contemplating further action, herself... "How very sweet, to deny us both the pleasure," she teased back, voice velvety. Nyx also withheld, instead placing a warm kiss to his chest before settling to lie beside him. Curling up there, arm tucked under her head, she'd pull her robes up around her as best as she could to provide cover from the chilly night air. Thankfully, what remained of the fire and Shatos' proximity did do much to help in that, though she couldn't help but eagerly agree to his statement.

"Even just a tavern, with a fireplace in the room, warm food to enjoy..." She sighed softly, almost longingly at the vision of it, though her thoughts were soon to circulate back to the bed he'd mentioned. A cheeky smile rose to her lips even with her back to him, her eyes closed as she relaxed herself to attempt some shut eye. "A comfortable bed, with plenty of space, hopefully a sturdy enough frame..." she teased in a sultry tone, though her voice grew softer with sleep as she let out a small yawn. Scooting back up against him a little, Nyx would relish the warm of him, sleep claiming her quickly as she passed out until the morning.

When the sun rose, it washed warmth over them as its golden light trailed through the trees and eventually into their clearing, leading Nyx's eyes to open with some reluctance. Letting out a yawn as she sat up slowly, she'd sneak a little glance at Shato's sleeping form and allow a cheeky, but rather pleased smile to cross her lips. Someone she'd sized up to be nothing more than a brute at first glance, and here she was, not only sharing intimacy with him but sleeping beside the man. Though, her first opinion had certainly been wrong, she admitted as she brushed a hand lightly across one of his cheeks. "Shatos, the morning is here," she spoke softly, looking over him for a few moments more. Adoration in her gaze, she'd press a kiss to his cheek before coming to stand and ready herself for much more serious the morning to come.

Nyx set about packing her belongings back away as well as her robe this time, changing again into her more simple, thief's wear– a white tank top and pants, with easy-to-access straps and a few supplies, not that she often used many. The fine silk of her robes were often comfortable for warmth when traveling, but she knew better than to take them into the more stressful parts of a job. Checking out the last of her packed rations, she'd pick out two buns to share as breakfast before deeming herself ready. "Breakfast?" She'd offer with a small smile, extending her arm with one to him as she took a hearty bite of her own. It was a working morning, that she knew, but some part of her was a bit more excited to get through this now with some motivation in mind. The warmth in her chest surely hadn't faded, and while Nyx did intend to focus today, she certainly didn't put that conversation onto the back burner, either.

Once he appeared ready, she'd deliver a firm slap to his rear, sending him a cheeky smile as she passed by him to re-open their path out of the barrier again. "Let's get a move on, hmm?"

The little hum she made while they kissed only teased him further to want to make a move on his new lover but he knew that wasn't in his cards for the night. The pair of them were in agreement that they needed rest. As their lips parted and they laid down he reached over into the pack not too far away pulling the blanket out that they used the previous night and pulled it over the pair of them as she spoke in that sultry tone to him. "I thought it was sweet of me as well. Maybe next time I will extend the same favor." He replied softly with impish tone of voice knowing all too well how much they both wished to really take advantage of the loving atmosphere they had going and so badly he wanted to say screw the job.

As they laid there on the ground his arms wrapped around Nyx and the warmth of their bodies together fought away any source of cold the night air brought down upon them, "A big fight with a quiet room and food sounds lovely... but that bed sounds like the best part still." He whispered as his eyes closed allowing himself to actually rest for the evening finding his eyes were actually starting to enjoy being closed as rest was starting to take him. In his last moments of consciousness he leaned his head in taking one last moment to enjoy her scent as deeply as he could for some reason finding her scent helped him relax easier.

As the morning sun rose over them his eyes opened shortly after Nyx had spoke cause him to turn his head up towards her. His eyes squinted as they caught the morning sun and he brought a hand up over his eyes with a groan while he laid on his back for a moment trying to adjust to the morning sun. His eyes were always a bit more sensitive to light than most rather having the dark of night over the morning sun, "It's too early, lets just stay here and rest all day.." He said with an annoyed sigh letting his body relax. Pulling the hand away from his eyes he pushed himself to sit up and blinked hard while looking across at the pink haired vixen who was getting out some food and reaching out to hand him one. He gladly reached out taking the spare bun and put it to his mouth biting down into the bun with a happy groan. His stomach was appreciating this vixen as much as the rest of him was, she always seemed to have him taken care of already and if she kept this up he would have to pamper her greatly with luxury to show how much he appreciated her services.

"Thank you that was fantastic. Hopefully you aren't going too far to provide for me.. I can hunt if I have to." He said getting off the ground and packing away his gear then strapping on the large black sword to his back getting ready for a fight today. He began to stretch his arms and legs a bit getting the stiff limbs to limber up before they had to get put to good use. With a final test he unsheathed the massive sword and took several swings away from her between both arms and finishing with a swing that swung his body around with the blade letting the weight of the great sword swing him around a bit. Satisfied he put the sword away and started walking over towards her feeling looser and more agile after that while grinning a bit at the display he put on for her to see.

As he walked over towards the edge of the barrier he was surprised by the sudden firm slap and turned his head giving her a weak glare before reaching out to return the favor but instead of slapping her he grabbed a hold of long fluffy fox tail giving it a good squeeze before firmly running his hand up along its length, "Yes lets get going now." He responded with a smirk on his face now stepping out of the barrier and out towards the forest. He glanced back at her and chuckled softly before stepping into the brush and trees while letting his eyes focus on the shadows of the woods.

The closer they moved towards their objective the darker the forest around them got as if the trees grew larger and thicker around the area by some unnatural means. Looking side to side her didn't see any creatures moving around be he doubted they needed a guard around here where the forest got thicker betting it was used as an alarm system in a way unless there was some kind of creature that resided in darkness and shadows. He stepped slowly through the brush until it got too thick and he stepped aside, "Take the lead I'll be right behind you. Lead us in there." He said unsure how far this dungeon was away.

Letting her take the lead he reached up behind his back ready to fight should they come across anything and he took his place behind her following the path she chose as they walked through the brush and trees, "The forest is too unnatural and thick here." He said quietly as a patch of light made its way through the trees ahead illuminating a massive stone structure. As soon as they could get a closer look at it the structure seemed to be the entrance to an underground fortress and right outside of the structure were a couple of Orc hunters with bows and curve swords on their sides. The pair seemed less alert than they should be on guard probably having been on duty for some time before they approached and with the thick forest around the dungeon they were most likely listening for the movement of the brush and trees around them to alert them of anything moving towards them. They both stood on the sides of the only door to the lower levels which was large enough for an creature three times their size to enter which only made Shatos wonder what it was that could be inside this fortress.

Giggling softly at his complaint, Nyx couldn't help but agree. While she did often rise early, it was never that pleasant, and it was especially unpleasant leaving the warmth and comfort of his side. If there'd ever been a job she really didn't want to continue on, it was this one. And not for a reason she would've understood a few days ago. Biting into her own bun greedily, it would be gone before long as she overlooked him eating and seeming to enjoy it with a pleasant smile.

"Thank you that was fantastic. Hopefully you aren't going too far to provide for me.. I can hunt if I have to."

A soft, genuine laugh parted Nyx's lips, a hand rising to her face as she was quick to wave at him as if to dismiss the comments. "Oh, Shatos," she began, amusement clear in her gaze as her smile became rather cheeky once more, "You're more than welcome, though sharing my rations was no problem. Besides, with any luck, maybe we'll be at a tavern by nightfall!" The idea excited her– finishing this job, earning their reward, and being able to end the night in a nice, cozy room. At the very least, if they did sleep outside again, maybe it could be safely here, with a stress of the mission off their backs. "Though, if we don't finish it off today, I am out of food," she added thoughtfully, the tail swaying behind her thoughtfully, "You can always hunt, if that's the case."

She'd gone about packing her own things, but as Nyx noticed him beginning to stretch and draw her sword, her eyes couldn't help but shimmer in delight. From where she sat, she propped one of her legs up, her chin resting in one of her palms as she looked him over none-so-shyly. It would't be the same as watching him fight for real, but the show of his body moving with fluidity and those muscles flexing and working in unison certainly did spark some kind of appetite within her. Licking her lip coyly, Nyx would hop on up to head on out as he finished up.

"MnNAh!" Nyx gave a mix of a moan and a yelp as he gave her tail a tug, surprise and embarrassment crossing her face as she shot a playful glare back at him. Her hands moving to grab her own tail with gentle fingers, she'd trail on down the path, taking a few minutes to regain her composure after that.

As they treaded through, her eyes scanned the brush carefully, especially as it narrowed in on them with its dense green. Her feet moved along quietly, her body finding it quite natural to slip on through the trees, agile and alert. Clearly, the movements of someone used to sneaking on by. "Gotcha. We're nearing the location," She replied lowly, taking a brief pause every once in a while to check a scroll holding a neat, sketched map of the area. It was vague for sure, but it certainly had pointed them in the right direction. At least, that was assured as they approached the stone structure, her feet pausing in their tracks as Nyx looked over it as well as its two guards thoughtfully.

"The forest is too unnatural and thick here."

She hadn't considered it until now, but the growth truly was strange. Sickly, almost, if not for the sheer amount of plant life coming from this place. Though, what was wrong wasn't apparent. "This mission might have more to it than we thought," she suggested, remembering his earlier suggestion of the same as she wondered again just what kind of item they were really supposed to fetch. This was clearly no ordinary, magic tool. "Ugh... nasty things," she murmured with a hesitant look to Shatos as she spotted the Orcs, taking a deep breath as she eyed the entrance. Peering at them through the trees carefully, her body would press against a tree, her back to its bark as she got a good look at them. An idea lit her face as she glanced back at Shatos with a cheeky grin, eager to prove her ordinary spells worked for combat situations, too. "Valestis!" Nyx murmured softly, her hands moving out in front of her as a faint aura shone.

Behind the two, still-oblivious Orcs would rise two fist sized rocks, coming to float in the air controlled by her hand motions. Directing her fingers gently in the air before her with minimal concentration, she'd take a deep breath before swooping her hands downwards, heavy thunks sounding as the rocks would smash right into the creatures' heads. Then, second louder thuds as their bodies would come to lie on the ground, out cold for the time being. One had lasted just long enough on his feet to notice it was a floating rock that'd taken him off-guard, a confused expression on his face as his lids closed and his heavy body fell neatly to the ground.

Sending a small smile back at him, Nyx would step on out from behind the brush to give the entrance a good look. Waving her hands through the air before stepping on inside, she'd close her eyes and focus intently, a bit of a shiver running through her as she explained, "I'm trying to sense any magical properties... Traps, magic-based creatures or enemies, barriers,..." Pouting, she'd lower her hands, bringing them together a bit hesitantly as she re-opened her eyes to look at him with some small amount of worry.

"It's free of them for now, so we can pass. I did, however, feel... A truly unsettling aura. We should proceed carefully," she urged, hesitantly letting a smile return to her face as she gestured an arm out in front of her. "Combat is your expertise. You lead us for now."

From his position he stood back watching Nyx cast her spell and slowly saw the rocks lift up over their heads and slam down into them. The two guards didn't see it coming and for that Shatos was amused but at the same time he didn't trust that they would stay down for long and wouldn't raise an alarm to a hidden guard so he knew he would have to take care of that first. Stepping forward he slowly began to approach the edge of the thick forests while waiting her to finish her check of the area.

"An unsettling Aura? I'll keep that in mind I suppose." Shatos said in a soft voice stepping forward toward the entrance of the structure making his way to the two knocked out guards and grabbed a hold of their armor dragging them off towards the edge of the forests laying them in the thick brush before pulling out his dagger and slitting their throats in two swift motions before cleaning the blood off. Reaching around he reached around pulling out an arrow examining it and seeing the darker than normal metal tips, "Poisoned arrows.." He brought it up to his nose smelling the tip and then shook his head, "A weak paralysis.." He muttered getting up and looking over at Nyx, "Don't get shot whatever you do. This kind of poison wont affect me if I get hit but this says they are looking to take prisoners." He explained before turning away heading towards the door.

Testing the door he found the giant stone door actually slid open quite easily despite how large and old the building must have been. It must be used regularly which meant those guards weren't stationed outside for no reason. As the door swung open it revealed a massive stone stair case that headed down with a massive clearance up to the ceiling. His thoughts on the matter were only becoming more clear that there was something down here that was large enough to need clearance or something was summoned down here before and they needed to have a large enough entrance to get it out. A ritual chamber possibly or perhaps something more unique, the thought actually began to get his blood rushing at the thought of a grand treasure hidden away in here that they may come across and his eyes flicked to every shadow before stepping inside and carefully began to go step by step down the stone staircase.

Stepping down the stairs it quickly began to open up to a large open room with a large crystals on the wall giving off a faint orange light color around the edges of the room, witch lights. The crystals were known to be magical and easy to use for illumination with even the most minor magical capabilities which were most likely were here before the Orcs moved in. The massive open room was empty surprisingly but it had several doorways around the edges of the room. He stepped down to edge of the stairs and began to test out the main floor at the bottom for traps or pressure points pulling out his massive sword slowly running it along the floor. He looked back at the Nyx for a moment, "God any idea which direction we should go? I doubt they would leave this room unguarded like this if they thought we anyone could just stroll right in and start looking through all these doors." He said quietly really feeling off about this whole thing. If he were alone he would have most likely tested each of these door with less than graceful ways that most likely would have sent guards running to him and then he would have used that to tell him where to go.

Nyx let a slight grin pass over her face at his acceptance of her vague warning, letting out a soft and pleased hum leave her as her gaze passed after him curiously. His intent was clear as he moved to the unconscious Orcs, a slight cringe coming over her features at the soft noises that sounded, but her composure was quick to calm as she turned her shoulder to focus instead on the entrance. Violence was normal, natural– if not a tad gruesome, at times. Even as a guild member who'd seen plenty of death, excess blood never did sit the best with her.

Nyx's brows did furrow with thought at his warning about the paralysis agent in the arrows, biting her lower lip with some mild frustration at the concept. "Take prisoners...? What reason would a normal dungeon have to... Ahh- no matter." She ran a hand back through her hair, sending Shatos a small smile. "Doesn't matter anyways, if we aren't hit right? Let's just evade their weaponry as best we can." A trickle of thankfulness ran through her as she already saw Shatos proving his use– the guards now handled and the note about the intent of those guarding this place both playing an important part of this.

Stepping in alongside Shatos, Nyx's eyes drew over the doors and all they revealed with some bit of wonder, adrenaline beginning to course through her as her instinct kicked in. A sly grin lifted her lips even as her eyes became more focused and serious, her gaze scanning the area with care for detail. Her slender fingers reached out to nimbly feel along the faintly glowing crystals illuminating their descent on the stairs, a familiar sense of adventure filling her with a pleasant air, though Nyx couldn't deny that her company had something to do with it. Even as she tried to stay alert, her gaze did continue to find its way back to Shatos. From just behind him, she'd let her gaze run along his form, some adoration and lingering curiosity there, even if she kept it mostly at bay for now.

Coming to a halt behind him, Nyx would eye the floor warily as he tested it out, her gaze running along the rest of the room briefly before stepping out onto the floor tile where his sword been dragged. Stepping lightly, Nyx would pause there, not daring to venture from that point for a moment as she thought its purpose over. Nodding in agreement, Nyx chipped in, "It'd be the perfect space for..." She began to explain, crouching down to look over the other floor tiles before nimbly slipping one of her fingers within the crack between two, lifting an untouched on up and onto its narrow side. The movement revealed a large hole, a shiny, metal spike awaiting beneath it. "Pressure plates. I'd bet most of these tiles only allow certain weights."

Scrunching her nose a little, Nyx remain crouched, thinking for a few moments before seemingly deciding on the right path of action to take. "Discoperio." She spoke briefly, but even her eyes shone for a moment as a focused expression took her features, her hands moving out before her in a pushing motion as what seemed to be an invisible gust of wind lifted and tore the tiles up from each their places, sending them into a pile with a clatter onto the other side of the room. A thin trail of stone remained for them to walk upon– though it had also uncovered a large amount of spike withdrawn into holes in wait of a trigger. The spell did take a good amount of energy from her, not that it made her wary. Standing carefully from the tile she stood upon, Nyx would send a soft smile back over her shoulder to Shatos. "Good call! It seems we have our path now."

Looking to see where the safe tiles lead, they did narrow down some of their options when it came to doorways. Several of them didn't seem to have any safe tiles residing within them– surely, nothing short of a bad sign. That being said, three with safe trails remained. "Hmmm..." Nyx tilted her head slightly, looking between them carefully before one of her ears twitched slightly. A faint echo rose in one distinct direction, slow and deliberate, but it did give her enough of a reason to trust the choice. Pointing at one of the stone-carved doorways, Nyx would nod towards it, "This one. There are faint footsteps... Something heavy. Slow. Something you'd expect of a guard down here. That's on you, right?" Her voice lilted towards teasing, but only for a moment as she began to move.

Without further ado, she'd carefully step along the trail that'd been revealed, walking in on towards it and into the beginning of the doorway she'd pointed out. Nyx's pupils slanted into more fox-like slits as she dipped into the more dimly-lit tunnel, the stone rough around its edges and the crystals much smaller and more scattered along its walls. It was only wide enough for the two of them to walk side by side, with only the faint light along its sides to light their way, the darkness ahead not giving way to any sign of an end.

Watching as his companion moved forward to the edge of the floor where he had tested already. He watched as she nimbly uprooted the stone from the floor revealing the trap beneath it surprising him. They put a lot of care in hiding this kind of trap so there was something down here worth protecting or perhaps someone. Either way it was impressive Nyx had so easily picked up on where the trap would be but that was nothing compared to what she did next. With a single spell and the strong focus on her face showed her skill as all the stones with traps under them were revealed and all the stone was pushed away to the other side of the room showing where it was safe to walk and where all the traps were now.

"Very nice! I have to say you've impressed me Nyx. It would have been much harder if I had to cross this on my own." He said praising her softly while moving up to the edge next to her and watched as she seemed to listen for anything beyond the doors which eventually she did point out the correct path for them to take. His eyes moved to that door and then back to her with a nod of his head, "Yea you can leave this to me just keep an eye out just in case I miss something." Shatos responded taking slow careful steps on the remaining stones in the direction she pointed out for him to go. He made sure he didn't make any mistakes before looking back and watching her cross the path while heading up to the door and opening it slowly. This door was just like the last where it moved so easily as if it were used quite a bit so he knew they had to be on the right track. The path headed down further below the ground with witch light guiding them again.

With one last glance over at his partner he began to stroll forward down the steps with his blade out, this time the end of the few steps led to a door and inside he could even hear movement of large creatures walking around. He waited to make sure the closest ones were right next to the door before opening the door slowly and peering into the room where he saw several orcs grouped up playing some kind of game of gambling and a few more off to the side resting most likely the next that were going to be sent on guard duty. Looking around the room seemed rather comfortable for these creatures having bear skin rugs and other furs used as pillows as well as plenty of room. Just as he was about to step in the room he heard them talking in their guttural language which he wasn't very good at understanding himself but he caught on to enough about checking in with someone. He assumed they were about to be caught but the one who spoke headed away to another door and disappeared beyond it leaving them with one less enemy to deal with.

With a quick glance he identified two of them had bows at their side, one had a wooden staff and the last three had shorter blades that were good for close quarters fighting. Pushing the door open a bit more he stepped inside being as quiet as he could before getting noticed. He had made it about three steps inside when one of the orcs looked up at him. As soon as it happened it was too late with his blade already up behind him he charged forward swinging the sword horizontally across beheading the creature and with the follow through disarmed the bowman who had started to reach for his weapon only to have it cut in half by the massive blade. The rest of them began to rush to get up to fight excluding the two who were asleep. As those with the blades tried to rush him he took a step back while bringing his massive blade across at their legs forcing them back as well as nicking the inside of one of their legs. He shuffled to the side waiting for the next strike to come and when it did he parried the blade away with an upwards swing easily sending the blade out of the creatures hand, kicking him away and then bringing his blade back down on the next orc who was trying to take advantage of his companions plight only to end up cut in two himself.

Meanwhile when this was going on the Shaman and Archer took up their weapons noticing the form behind Shatos and began to take aim at her. The Shaman raising his wooden staff up as the end caught flame and began to let out a loud chant sending the blazing ball flying out towards her and the archer knocked his arrow took aim and fired at her as soon as he saw an opening. Shatos too busy fighting their companions saw the flame building up on the shamans staff had no choice but to hope she was as competent as she claimed to be while fighting the last blade wielder that guarded his ranged companions. The two that were asleep were just waking up and reach for their own bows so he needed to cross the distance before they started shooting their volley of arrows at them.

"I have to say you've impressed me Nyx."

Nyx let out a soft chuckle, raising a hand as if to dismiss his comment as she turned to face him with a cheeky smile, but seeing that he was genuine gave her pause. That was right– this was no typical travel companion. This was Shatos. The switch between teasing and sizing each other up to receiving praise like that made her heart flutter in her chest just a little. Rubbing one of her cheeks as she sent him a small smile, Nyx would soften up instead of quipping back at him, "What can I say? I love poking holes in traps." Her voice chimed pleasantly, though her gaze did remain playful. "Though I'm glad I made it easier, I'm more worried about the enemies ahead. Let's see what you can do." Her eyes gleamed with some excitement as she trailed along behind him, though she remained just as alert with her gaze on their surroundings.

Pressing herself against the wall of the hallway as he peeked on inside the room, Nyx's quizzical gaze followed Shatos' movements as she watched him check out the situation before springing into action. For having assumed he'd be a brute at first, she'd have to admit he really did seem to have some methodology worked out. Standing aside to let him do as he wished, Nyx would ready herself, taking in a slow and steadying breath and concentrating in preparation for battle herself. As Shatos moved, so did Nyx, stepping on into the room behind him, her own feet padding along quietly to mirror his choice of movements– rather quiet and stealthy, much to her liking.

Her gaze did keep to Shatos for several moments, a cheeky grin flickering onto her face as she got to see him in action. It was easy to see that he was definitely more than talk, and this wasn't even anything substantial yet. But, it was evident that there were more than a handle of enemies here and he couldn't exactly focus on all of them. Eyeing the Shaman and the Archer staring her down, Nyx would slide into a readied position, pupils dilating into more fox-like slits as they brought up their weapons.

A cornered fox. Nyx's tail swished in the air behind her just as the fireball and the arrow let loose at her, her nimble body ducking down with ease and rolling just aside to take some form of cover behind a nearby, empty table. From there, her hands along the table's wooden edge, she'd hop on up only once more focused a moment later. "Sticks to snakes!" Nyx called out, fingertips glowing as they outstretched at the two paying her attention. While there were no immediate effects to onlookers... the Shaman and the Archer were quick to cry out, dropping their staff and bow, quick to back away from them as Nyx smirked to herself, pleased. It was a simple illusion, but nonetheless effective as she took in another breath before calling out a much more real spell, "Paello!"

The fingertips she'd extended folded in to her palms, both of her hands pressing outwards as an unseeable force would come to push back against the two men, their feet sliding backwards across the floor as they struggled, nearing a wall as panic entered their gazes.

From his previous actions he knew he had to take care of these archers or else risk Nyx becoming the target of their attacks since he had everyone else but the other ranged combat specialists busy. He was sure that he could handle himself but his mind and body felt an increased sense of adrenaline at the thought of Nyx possibly getting hurt down here. He knew he was tough enough to take a blow or two and shrug them off he refused to have to find out if his new lover could do the same so he thought of every possibility he could to move over and block those shots they might take. He might make it but might wasn't a chance he could take.

Turning the blade around in his hands he then spun the blade around him quickly forcing his sword to fling out of his hands. The giant black blade flew forward toward the archers who were alerted starting to wake up. They both stood up pulling arrows out in order to knock their first strike in retaliation to their friends who were killed, it was too late for the two of them as the giant blade luckily caught them both in the side cutting one in half and the other having his organs pouring out through his stomach by the now bloody black blade. Shatos who had twisted his body quickly to make the toss did not have enough time to react as the previous orc had kicked away was already back shoving a dagger into his side.

With growl and a what could only be described as a soft yelp from the man he reacted bringing his left arm back smashing the elbow into the Orcs face. The very force of the sudden and surprised warrior sent him over five feet away into the stone wall behind him with a loud crunch as his body hit it suddenly. Hissing he reached over to where the blade dug into the side of his stomach reached down and ungracefully yanked the blade out. Blood began to pour down his side as he ran over to where the Orc was kneeling and getting up, he stabbing the creature in the throat yanked out the blade then stabbed him in the eye violently as the red eyed warrior snarled loudly trying not to yell but he reaction to suddenly and violently fight back in a more barbaric fashion was not to be ignored as the pain had him see red in the moment. With a final twist in the already dead orcs eye he pulled the blade out while panting and quickly turning to examine the rest of the orcs. The last two held back by Nyx's powers he was able to lean down taking a knee and put a hand against his side feeling the blood pour out of his side. He held it tightly just holding as much in as he could while watching the pink haired mage use her spell on these two.

"Do you know Orc? If not they wont be much use to us alive.." He said softly trying not to let his pain distract him too much or to make her worry. It would take a moment to rest and wrap up the wound but this wouldn't hold him back as damage like a small dagger never did enough to kill him even in other more dire areas on his body, at least none had done it yet he reminded himself. He wasn't seeking death but he felt that urge to go all out and fight in a state of red eyed vengeance often.

A soft yelp in a familiar tone stole Nyx's gaze away from the two men she currently had pressed to the wall, her hand left outstretched in the air as her head turned involuntarily towards the sound. Her insides churned with anxiety, some touch of horror on her face as her gaze widened upon Shatos. Ears flattening nearer her head as her eyes filled with a mix of concern and anger, Nyx could only describe the sensation as scorching, her chest burning at the sight of the dagger dug into his side. Thankfully, some relief did come as he continued in his movements, her gaze inseparable from his form now as she let herself become hesitantly relieved.

"Do you know Orc? If not they wont be much use to us alive.."

Whether or not he could go on with that wound, she wasn't sure, but she wasn't willing to hesitate any longer in finding out. "I don't care to speak to creatures like this," she scrunched her nose a little in reply. Twisting her hand abruptly, sickening cracks would rise as the bodies of the two men she'd pinned crumpled to the floor. Nyx dashed immediately at Shatos, stopping to hover over him for a moment before slipping down to her own knees, gaze intent between him and where he held his side. Her expression was quick to slide back into that of clear concern, confidence ripped from her grasp as she now contemplated his health. It was a weird feeling, to be this concerned over someone, especially as he didn't seem in immediate and mortal danger, but she found she certainly didn't mind the notion of the warmth running through her as she raised an arm to his shoulder, the other gently moving to rest atop a hand he held his side with. "Shatos... you're alright?" she questioned with hesitance, concern clear in her gaze, though her head did tilt slightly as she examined him from where she knelt at his side.

He did seem to be in good shape, considering the wound. Even, so. Cringing at the sight of blood on her lover, her grip on his shoulder would tighten, her teeth clenching just a bit as she tried not to let her emotions cloud her judgement too much. They clearly did take a toll, though. "I.. I should've gotten a handle on those two sooner, I could've helped more," she bit her bottom lip regretfully, then scoffed a little at herself, shaking her head as her gaze rose to look over his face with some admiration. He'd been doing more than well to catch her eye with his fighting, and while a proud person herself, she'd admit that he was definitely someone to be proud to have. Even injured, he was handling the wound better than she'd ever seen. "Will you be okay to go on...?" She questioned lightly, willing to leave the mission in his hands, her typical urge to push onwards washed away by her newfound fear of someone else's safety.

"Let me help you take care of this." Nyx urged softly. Her hand moved up from his shoulder to cup one of his cheeks, thumb trailing across his skin as she leaned in to press her forehead to his gently. Pressing a soft kiss to his cheek, then his lips, she'd withdraw just a bit to grin at him before letting her gaze and attention move to his wound. Drawing her bag off her shoulder and to her side, she'd fish around for bandages.

At her reply he nodded his head slightly at what she said which meant he had more knowledge of the rough language than she did and even then it was only very generic terms. The pair would have no real luck in translating anything from any more of these creatures so it would come down to their own wits and skills to survive what was to come still instead of being told what they needed to know. In a way that was safer for them because then they couldn't be lied to and be led into a trap as revenge.

When she approached him he turned his head to look over at her inspecting to make sure she was all right in his sloppy performance knowing he had to throw away his weapon in order to protect her. He realized at that moment he let himself get too distracted with protecting his lover than actually performing like a skilled warrior that he claimed to be, at this thought his cheeks burned slightly as his pride felt a hit after the combat was all said and done. Her concern over his wound was heartwarming in a place they should be more focused on what could come through that door at a moments notice but instead now they were focused on each other. "It's my fault.. I let myself get distracted for a moment." He responded as she moved over to the wound with obvious concern about his well being.

"It's fine you don't have to do that." He started to say only to have his gaze redirected towards Nyx and the warmth of her hand distract him from resisting her assistance anymore. Those lovely soft lips pressed to his cheek and then his lips causing him to lean into the kiss but then she pulled away and left him thinking about nothing else besides getting this job over at that moment now remembering how badly he had wanted to take her back to a nice room and make love to her as a proper mate should. He got down on to his knees staring over at the other door where the Orc left the group to go check on something so he felt it was best to keep listening and pay attention while she worked.

Silence came from that entrance surprising him after all that fighting but whatever and where ever that led it must have had quite a walk ahead of them to not catch the other Orcs attention with the screams. Curiously he only wondered more so what was down here and why they were so keen on protecting it. Caldera wasn't proper Orc territory as they were creatures from Dvenia across the sea to the north of them so whatever these ones were doing here it must have been something special. With that thought in mind he turned back to look at Nyx as she pulled out the supplies from her bag and he moved his hand from the wound showing the blood had already begun to slow down but the skin would not close that quickly even with his resilient body. Looking down at the red blood he hoped it wouldn't attract anything down here in the depths of this place, they had no ideas how deep this place truly went after all.

"Thank you Nyx.." He muttered softly in the silence of this place realizing how painfully silent it was as he now spoke. Unlike torches or a fire the witch light gave off no sound not even a hum so it was unsettling sitting down here in the dim light with nobody but their own movements and breathing to be heard so clearly.

Back
Top Bottom