Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ravenloft - Side Chat

Xavier Rollins will be comfortable on the road and likely able to be something of the cook and quartermaster. In addition to concerning himself with security.

Alright the starting post is up. I realize some of you might not be ready or able to post a reply yet, but feel free to peruse over it. During the interim we can hash out any issues or queries that need addressed. I did my best to keep things vague enough for you all to weave your own way to where your characters are at on the trail. Still if there is any clarity needed, or tweaks that you'd like to request let me know and we'll see what we can come up with.

Ravenloft

Great starting post Black Out! Thank you! Love the way you set the atmosphere. I'll probably have a character sheet up tomorrow and get to work on a first post.

I just got back into town and should have a character profile up before days end. Everything looks great from what I can see. As we get into posting, one of my character's early fascinations is going to be the comparison and contrast between the two twins. One he has known for 10 years, the other he is just now meeting. So anything you can supply as to how identical they are these days such as hair styles, any tattoos or scars, things that would be outwardly obvious. Would they be able to pass for each other even now, at least physically. As we progress and we all get a better idea on personalities I suspect we will start to see little behavior differences and perhaps similarities as well. Thank you both and @Black_Out for a great start, I think I'm going to enjoy the setting and the company!

Enjoyed the opening post, and have some ideas percolating in my mind at the moment. I think Touch should get the first post, and I try to get one in after her.

As far at the twins are concerned, my idea was very close in appearance, if not identical. It should be obvious they are closely related on sight, even if there are some differences in their dress, hairstyle or way of carrying themselves. It seems like they have some similar personality traits (both smooth talkers and at least a little manipulative), and similar traits that developoed differently based on their upbringing, with Espie being book smart, and Touch's character being street smart.

Just a friendly little heads up as we dip into the work week. Typically I'm unavailable during the day while I'm at work. I do check in from my phone, but my means of living isn't one that affords me to much time to pause and reply. So generally I'll be doing all of my responses later in the evening after I get some time to unwind from the work day.

As for how you all wish to proceed with taking turns to reply doesn't much make a difference to me. I've always been comfortable with letting people reply when they have time and it's convenient. Obviously since we're just starting up and Touch's character is the one who received the note her post will help set a foundation. Once that's out of the way though I'm all for a rather free flowing strand of replies, so long as everyone get's their turn at the table in some fashion I'm content.

Been there myself with those darn crazy days. Still, very much looking forward to seeing everyone's interpretation as we get started.

It's up! Not my best, still need to get into the groove of this character and wanted to give you guys enough space to make your own story out of it. But it's a start.

It was great, starts are tough, at least for me.
I assume they are more than a days walk from their start. Probably spent some days on a caravan then a day's march off the beaten track to get to their destination.

Yes, nice posts both of you. I'm curious about Esperanza's motivation for taking a job like this when she is from a wealthy family? Just for kicks, rebellious, fallen on hard times?

While I certainly can't speak for the character I do believe she alluded to dreams haunting her about the land of Barovia. Also I have a feeling she is keeping the exact reason behind taking the job to herself for now. Xaviers presence in all of this being welcomed at her side due to a feeling of trepidation she holds about this particular journey.

That's the feeling I'm left with, but obviously @xanaphia can clarify if anything is pertinent to the current situation.

Since all the records of her adoption were lost in a fire, Espie's only clues to her past and parentage lie in her strange dreams about Barovia. And since information about Barovia is sparse, she decided to travel there herself.

Loved the introductory posts and I had some time available to push the adventure forward. Looking forward to the groups replies as time allows.

One thing sprang to mind @Touch Of Temperament in regards to the note she possesses. It would probably be a good idea to clarify if she shared the contents of that note with her traveling companions or has thus far kept its exact nature a secret from them?

I'm assuming Xavier has not yet seen the fox tattoo that would be the only solid physical difference between the two. He will certainly be looking for differences, concerned about the possibility of the two of them beginning to act more like each other as they spend more time together.

Regarding what she's shared about the letter. Katya will have told them she's travelling to Barovia for an inheritance. Also that they will get paid once they've made the trip. But she hasn't shown either of them the contents of the letter. She hasn't shared that she doesn't actually know the person that's leaving her the inheritance, or her doubts on whether it's real or if it is, whether is her family.

Thanks for chiming in with that little tidbit of information Touched. I figured it would be an important topic to have a handle on before things got to far along. I'm sure it will take some time for everyone to build up their characters and the relationships that are forming, so if questions arise let's just continue to present them here. Hopefully everyone has had a decently relaxing weekend, with a plus one for those of getting the day off tomorrow.

On a different note I am tossing around the idea of adding one more player into the mix but I'd like to get everyone else's opinion. It isn't something I'm looking to quickly decide on so we have ample time to just see how things play out pace wise and with the make up of the group. But I thought I'd toss it out there none the less so if the time comes that we decide to up the party by one it's an issue that's already been discussed and agreed upon.

It might help if we had an idea of what sort of character and how reliable a writer. Did you have someone want to join or do you feel we need a better balance?

Well I currently don't have anyone in mind, and it's far to early for me to have a good gauge on the groups balance. -If- I was to open it up though I'd be looking for a reliable and compatible writer to take on the role of a native Barovian, or some other adventurer currently in the location for their own reasons which wouldn't be at odds with the current parties agendas. I'm more so just putting the inquiry out there ahead of time in the event that the group as a whole feel another addition would be beneficial. There's ample time between now and when such a character might be appropriately introduced so I'm just trying to gauge interest and preplan for it in the event we add one more.

Also, I did do a little editing and added one last short paragraph in an effort to describe the current surrounds as best as I could.

Back
Top Bottom