Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Peril/Bad End RPG Adventure Playtest

I'd say that, before we really get into the meat of the rp, we should at least establish how our characters know each other. Anyone got any ideas?

I actually wanted to have Lea and Helen grown up in the same convent. If that’s fine. If not I’ll correct my character sheet.

Feel free to try some actions in the main chat too! Picking up some Advantages could be helpful, and you shouldn't run into any game-ending consequences this early on unless you try to do something really foolish...
There is no turn order or anything like that. Just post a set of actions once you think of some :)

I liked the same convent idea, though with their age difference Helen would be more of a distant memory to Lea. Perhaps she did her some kindness though which would make her rather affectionate. I will take a liberty of my own though and say Helen is in the village and Lea recognizes her in the local tavern.

Sorry I haven't posted yet. I've been having computer problems. They seem to be fixed now, so hopefully I'll be able to post regularly again.

I'm glad for the time in town to get used to the system. Not sure how sexy everyone wants this thread to get so I've kept things fairly PG for the moment.

I'm all for things getting sexy. How are people liking the system so far? Town does seem helpful for getting everyone familiar with things! I like how {Consequences} are driving things towards the scene getting sexy and/or moving on. I am thinking about revising it so "succeed with a consequence" is a thing in the next playtest though.

FYI: you can try more than 2 Plans in one post, if you want. Gives you a chance for multiple successes, but also for multiple failures.

It's too early for me to say much about the system. It will take a little getting used to, especially the multiple plans for each turn. I assume my character can use a knife, just isn't particularly good at it to have an advantage.

Yeah, you can narrate anything into a plan, pretty much, advantages just make it more likely to succeed and reduces the penalties of failure. So if you want your character to use a knife, just put it in a plan. If you want to gain some sort of "Knife Skill" advantage, you would have to use a plan to practice with a knife... or gain it as an Advantage as part of leveling up your character (which we probably won't be doing with these playtest characters. But we could if they defeat the baron without being enslaved!)

Damn, if there was ever a time for [Nimble Fingers] it would have been edging! Oh well, live and learn I guess. I'm going to stick with a narrative post to give others a chance to plan.

How is combat going for everyone? I'm liking it so far, though it is pretty hard to keep track of which Complications everyone has. I should probably keep a doc or something.

Better than I thought, though we are kind of all over the place from being attacked front and back. I am thinking [Nimble Fingers] probably relates to more than just fingers. Is it a combat assist like dexterity in DnD where it might have helped me kick that guy in the balls?

I think trap disarming, lockpicking, and pickpocketing are probably enough to make it pretty useful in this kind of setting. Something more like [Martial Arts] would be a cool upgrade Advantage though, to help with kicking or snatching a whip out of midair.

Fair enough. I don't want to be too powerful or I'll never get my delicious Bad Ending!

Haha, yep! This is still sort of a tutorial though. The next two scenes will be much more perilous!

I say obedience so we don't have to fight a mob. I'll be able to write a bit tonight.

Ok lets break it down and evaluate;

Hornyness: There was no description of the room, which probably means no environmental dangers and no explicit description of mobs or adds, only the beast man butler that seems to be more conscious than the other servants. That means he's not only strong, he's going to be able to think and strategize. On the plus side, it's one enemy which means gang up tactics are possible. There's also the possibility that the crystal may up the [Horny] debuff with more direct exposure. I think that goes for all crystals honestly. Anti, feel free to confirm or deny any of this. Avoiding this will make us more susceptible to pleasure based attacks, spells and the like, methinks.

Obedience: Dresser room, the potential for crowd control through furniture and clothing, the enemy is a mimic and it actually has explicit mobs in the form of the animated instruments, so we'd be potentially outmanned, plus the mimic either being a monster or an enchanted piece of furniture means we don't have an idea of degree of intelligence. The advantage in that room is that the crystal is in plain sight, so we just need one lucky shot to snipe it.

Docility: Animated plants in a greenhouse, as with the dresser they have home-field advantage, one is a tentacle plant that's likely gonna be able to deal with multiple attackers. Then the Pitcher plant that just seems like a trap, likely had hidden vines, pheromones or some other way to draw you in. The servants avoid which means they are instinctual, and will only react which means we have the first strike at the very least. My first idea would be that since they're stationary they could be largely taken out ranged wise, but we don't know the tentacle vine's reach. Honestly, we could probably find a way to evacuate the greenhouse and set fire to the whole damn thing, but I don't know how feasible that would be. Regardless this is the room with the most amount of missing info we have, which means its potentially the most dangerous. Both this and Obedience bend our wills and I think leaves us more open to mental attacks and mind control, and they stack we'd have one of the two.

I think, if we're trying to 'win' this, that the Horny room is the easiest one. We should go for one of the mental ones, I'd say Obedience as well, and if we're not too beat up after go to Hornyness. If the BURN plan is not viable I'd almost say to avoid the Greenhouse... but then again I have no idea what the hell the final boss will be.

I'm really enjoying this btw!

I am enjoying it as well. I wouldn't mind a bit of RP at the previous site before we dig too deep into this one. Are we keeping the slaver who got collared? What about the hex mage that surrendered? The frog-girl as well.

I was going after obedience as I thought its continued operation might force us to fight all the captives in addition to the slavers. On the other hand, why damage hornyness? It's kind of fun though you make a good point it might be used against us. I'd say we eventually go after all three but I'd start with obedience. I'd be interested in using our new pet Slaver as part of the plan, and if we searched him he might even have a collar for the girl.

Oh yeah, I actually don’t know if we keep them, they could certainly be useful. Also good point on obedience, I didn’t think of that, would be for the best to take that option off the table.

My vote goes towards Obedience as well. I have a feeling that one simple command type of spell could end us if we leave it up like that. Plus, the wardrobe interests me quite a bit. It might even have some magic clothes, like gardening gloves for the greenhouse, or something like that.

Also, liking this so far. Style of gameplay takes some getting used to, but it's pretty interesting to play with.

So if no one is in a big hurry I'm up for some narration RP as we consider what to do.

Question though, what is the firing rate for a crossbow in our game?

Back
Top Bottom