Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Peril/Bad End RPG Adventure Playtest

Plan 1: [Nimble Fingers (or Paws)] Fling the key with my paw towards Helen
Plan 2: [Stealth] Pounce on the Hex Mage with my Paws.

Plan 1: Success! Helen now has the key to the slaver’s collar.
Plan 2: Failure. Since she is still looking right at you, your Stealth does not help. Instead she simply doubles and blasts you with both hands, transforming you further and further! {Partially Polymorphed 2} Your arms and legs shorten and turn into fully animal limbs, dropping you onto all fours, at the same time, your head becomes doglike, and you lose the ability to speak! Your body shrinks, and your clothes start to slip off your body. One more shot like that and you will be turned into a dog until someone can reverse the spell!

Tecuani grips her throat as her voice is taken from her and holds the cheek that was struck by the man's whip. Robbed of almost all of her abilities and without a way to stop Lea from turning into a dog, she relies on some good old fisticuffs.

Plan 1 Punch the hex witch square in the jaw.
Plan 2 Punch the witch in the gut.

Plan 1: Success! Created the scene advantage [Staggered Hex Witch] that anyone can use.
Plan 2: Failure. As you go in for the second strike, the witch zaps you with a hex that causes your shirt to reweave itself into a straightjacket! You gain {bound arms 2} until you can get it off.

Plan 1: Use the [Key] to subdue the slaver and keep him controlled.
Plan 2: Use [Fake Ward] as a projectile to further stagger the Witch
Plan 3: Use [Armor] to block any oncoming spells
Plan 4: Slay witch with [Sword] using opening created by [Staggered Hex Witch] (and possible [Stagger 2])

Plan 1: not counted. The key is already working!
Plan 3: Failure. The Armor fails to protect you against her hex! In a poof of smoke, the spell transforms your metal armor into a flimsy maid outfit, removing the advantage for the rest of the scene.
Plan 2: Failure. The Fake Ward makes for a poor projectile. The witch laughs and hexes you again, giving you an irresistible urge to clean! {Cleaning Curse 1} applied until end of scene.
Plan 4: Success! Despite the embarrassing hexes, you push your advantage and strike down the witch, holding her at sword point! She quickly surrenders and ends all the hexes.

The battle is over!

If you want to roleplay any scenes after the battle, such as looting the enemies or talking to the surrendering hex witch or sleeping frog girl, tag them with "<Flashback>" so I know not to apply the complications from the new scene.
After resolving your battle with the bandits, you proceed down the road and finally arrive at the Baron's Mansion.

Out on the mansion grounds, you quickly find the mausoleum rumored to be the source of the kidnappings, but also the location of the treasure. The heavy stone door before the tomb shows clear signs of having been moved recently by someone or something with tremendous strength. However, as soon as you step close to the mansion, you are afflicted with {Horny 1, Obedient 1, Docile 1}. You quickly determine that the source must be an enchantment inside the manor itself.
Heading inside, you find the servants in a daze, mildly going about their chores without resistance or care for the intrusion. With some careful exploring, you find the source of the aura.
The Horny aura is being created by a crystal in one of three treasure chests. The treasure chests are guarded by the head butler, a large, strong, tiger beast-man who seems far more aware than the other servants.
The Obedient aura crystal sits in the middle of an ornate dressing room on the second floor. The room seems unguarded, but after observing from stealth, you determine that the metal wardrobe across the room is some species of mimic, containing within it various outfits for the maids and butlers, but also animated instruments of domination and submission.
Lastly, the Docility aura is projected from a crystal in the greenhouse. The greenhouse is largely dominated by a plant whose long flexible vines are avoided zealously by the gardeners. Next to the crystal itself, there is another large plant, resembling a pitcher plant. The gardeners avoid coming anywhere near it.

If you manage to break all three crystals, you can advance to the final boss fight. Alternatively, if the majority agree you can give up on the crystals and attempt to fight the boss while suffering from the auras that you haven't beaten yet.

<Flashback> "Oh La Arf!" As Lea began to return to her normal form she tried to tease Helen in her sexy maid dress but her dog voice wasn't quite gone yet. Finally able to stand upright again it took her a moment to realize she wasn't fully dressed, her top and breeches trailing on the ground behind her she wore only her silk panties as she stormed over to the Hex Witch that had tried to make a dog of her. She held a crossbow bolt in her hand and had a look that suggested she was going to insert it manually some where. "Gonna turn me into a dog were you? I hear anything like a hex coming out of your mouth this will be your new lover, you understand me?" She grabbed a fist full of hair and dragged the Witch closer to the collared slaver. "Let's see if he has an extra collar, I'm sure he was looking to add to his collection today." She said as she looked at the sleeping frog-girl, but decided to leave her sleep until the other two were more under control. She ignored her near nudity as she looked over the two captives, wondering how they might be useful in the upcoming adventure.

The slaver does indeed have one more collar. The hex witch doesn’t resist as you attach it to her neck. The key must be the other one on the key ring you already stole.
The party gains [Enslaved Slaver] and [Enslaved Witch] as Advantages.

<Flashback> "Oh my Helen," Tecuani said, finding her voice while looking at the knight's newly acquired maid ensemble. Tecuani's strait jacket more or less dissolved back into her top, leaving her bikini-esque clothing alone. She shot the witch a dirty glare as Lea put the collar around her neck and held the key. Seeing that her and the slaver were more or less dealt with, she went over to the unconscious frog girl. "I'll be taking that," She said as she walked over to the slaver, taking the key that seemed to go to the frog girl off of his person. "I'm going to wake her up now. I have the key, so she should be docile. I think," She says as she shakes the unconscious girl awake.

<Flashback>

Helen understandably blushes a little at both her body being exposed and being catcalled. As the Hexes delay in dissipating her maidly compulsion meets her big sister complex and soon she's picking up Lea's clothes. She follows up briskly "Little Lea, no close friend of mine will go around like a harlot!" she said, more in slight urgency than chastisement given that public nudity is improper, what if they were seen!?

<Flashback> With a hint of reluctance, Lea takes her clothes back from Helen and begins to get dressed. She turns to their would be captors. "So you don't have enough collars for all of us, what would you have done with us and where would you take us?" She listens for opportunities for a plan. Looking to Tecuani and nodding towards the frog-girl she asks "Do you think she can be trusted to help?" Looking at the dead guard's clothes she assesses whether his clothes would fit any of them.

<Current Scene>
"Maybe we could try to pose as if we have been captured to get into at least the obedience crystal?" She suggests to the others, squirming a little as she fights off the effects of the hornyness crystal, mischievously strokes the back of Tecuani's cat ears.

The Slaver says he would have collared the ones he liked, and tie up the rest to leave here, as an offering to the Baron.

"An offering!" Lea shows alarm at what he means by that. "So what happens to these...offerings?" She challenges as she reloads her crossbow. She wants to be angry but with him controlled by the collar she can't really get satisfaction. Instead she finds her self curious. "So which of us would you have collared?"

He ponders for a moment, "Probably the armored one and the uh... cat girl witch. Though it would really depend on what state you ended up in after all the hexing and Raul's sword work."
"As for what happens to the offerings, we don't stick around to find out... but after the sun sets, there is nothing left of them. I think the Baron drags them into that mausoleum. Don't want to think about what happens after that."

<Flashback> "We have both of her captors and the key to her collar. I don't think she'll be too much of a problem if we wake her up. And if she is, I'll just hex her back to sleep. And I'd rather we wake her up so we can free her anyways, regardless of if she'll help or not," Tecuani answers Lea. Shaking more vigorously, Tecuani tries to wake up the frog girl from her slumber. This fails, and she remembers how sleep hexes works, and instead leans into the frog girl's sleeping face. "I swear I didn't do this intentionally," She whispers more to herself than anyone else before kissing the other girl right on her lips. It's not particularly steamy, but it is still enough to rouse men, and women, of weaker wills. "Okay, she should wake up now," Tecuani says, standing up and hearing the conversation about capturing her and Helen. "Oh, how flattering. Also, shaman. I am not a witch, you scumbag."

<Current Scene> "I'm not sure. They might see the collar on the slaver. Plus, we don't know if the slaver's deliver the slaves directly to the keep or if they keep some of them and only give those "Offered". Other than that, the spirit I'm bound to is one of the Hearth. While it will likely anger it, I could channel it to light the greenhouse on fire. The only problem is that I might be retaliated against for destroying a home rather than helping to warm it," Tecuani says, looking at the Barron's house. She tried her best to hide her arousal, but it wasn't very effective at all. She had been blushing something fierce, and her tail always seemed to be strait up at all times. Then Lea stroked the back of her ears, and she nearly melted. That was a sensitive spot for most catgirls, and that coupled with the crystal was a bit much. She fell to her knees and squirmed, her face now glowing red.

<Flashback> His answer does little to endear him to the thief nor give her all the information she wanted. She turns towards Helen, now back in her armor and looking the chaste warrior once again, though Lea isn't sure it is an improvement. "Let me see those keys will you?"

The slaver is all too willing to tell you everything you want to hear, he knows well how painful those collars can be! Unfortunately, he doesn’t know much. The Baron kidnaps his own servants, and has some sort of brainwashing power, so he wouldn’t be interested in slaves. The Slaver never met the Baron himself, only Raul (the swordsman and leader of the bandits) had done so. He does note that he heard the Baron could fly, so he suspects the Baron is likely a vampire, wizard, or both.
When you get near the mansion, he mentions the crystals. They are appartingly minor artifacts, quite valuable and nearly indestructible. They can be easily turned on or off by touching them and willing it, like the keys. He suspects they play a part in the Baron’s brainwashing.

<Flashback>

Helen hands over the keys to Lea "Careful with it, dark magic is something not to be trifled with" she said in a concerned manner before turning to the slaver and lifting her sword at him "In any other circumstance I would cut down both of you and bury you in an unmarked, shallow grave... but today" she sheathes her blade. "your own evil ways have given you an oportunity to be useful, you two shall help us in vanquishing the baron, in the name of all you have doomed to him. When its all done we can discuss your future fates."

Lea enters the changing room looking like a defeated and docile prisoner with the witch leading and the slaver following behind her. The slaver has his whip and carries Lea's crossbow as if it were a trophy. The slaver roughly shoves Lea towards the maid outfits that happen to be closest to the crystal. She stumbles, but manages to catch herself near the base of the crystal, now if she can only deactivate it without alerting the mimic guard. (I'm hoping the others are staged just outside to join the fight if we have one here.)

Plan 1 [Stealth] Acting as a prisoner of the slaver and witch get access to the changing room without alerting the mimic.
Plan 2 [Nimble Fingers & Stealth] Deactivate the crystal without drawing the mimics attention.
Plan 3 [Crossbow] Using whatever tactical advantage I have from the above ruse, fight the mimic if Plan 2 doesn't succeed with Slaver and Witch making the initial assault (slaver has my crossbow until it is obvious we have to fight).

I can resolve that post as-is if you want. Or you could do just Plan 1 and Plan 2 as this post, and do Plan 3 after. Since Plans are resolved simultaneously, you can’t get an Advantage from 1 or 2 on 3. So you are unlikely to succeed...

One and two sounds good, I was hoping some of the others would chime in, but might as well get the party started!

Plan 1: Success! {3 vs Obedience 1} remains a success! You, the Slaver, and the witch all enter the changing room without much fuss. The mimic opens its doors obligingly, inviting your “captors” to bind you securely. You gain the scene advantage [Believable Prisoner]
Plan 2: Failure. As you ever so subtly reach out to deactivate the crystal, long belts lash out from within the mimic to bind your wrists. It drags you closer and you see within it is comparing various outfits to your measurements... Gain {bound hands 2}.

Helen had allowed Lea to take point, after all, she was by far the quickest, most deft and she was flanked by their new 'companions'. She hanged back just outside the room and peeking in as a lookout. As she sees Lea get trapped she says to Tecuani and Viconia "Cover me" in a soft but commanding voice as she rushes into the room with purpose.
Plan 1: With her athletic Strength, run in past the crystal and draw agro as a distraction.
Plan 2: Use Sword to cut the belts and liberate Lea.
Plan 3: Bash and shove away any offense from the Mimic with the Armor on her body.

Back
Top Bottom