Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Peril/Bad End RPG Adventure Playtest

Antifinity

Super-Earth
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
One addendum to the rules: feel free to make as many "narration" posts as you want, but try to only have 1 post with Plans out until I respond.

You start in a small town. There are no obstacles here, so you can move on to the next scene (travelling) by having all four of you write "Lets Go" as a Special Action on your post. However, before you leave, you can try out some Plans in town, where it is relatively safe. Perhaps try using that [Gold] Consumable Advantage you have. This could be a good chance to find out some information, or gain some additional Consumable Advantages.

The end goal of this scenario is to enter the mansion of Baron Vespertilio, defeat whatever evil haunts those halls, and take all the magical loot he surely holds in the basement! It is already assumed that you have accepted the contract together, though it is up to your roleplaying wether you are longtime friends, brought together by chance, or even rivals forced to work together!

Edit: All player slots are full, and there is one person on the waitlist. If you'd like to be added to the waitlist, you can let me know in the Interest thread, or with a PM. Players will be replaced at their request, or after 24 hours of progress blocking inactivity.
 

LeaT

Star
Joined
May 3, 2014
Lea scanned the small crowd gathered at the local inn, knowing she could pick every pocket in the place and still not find a tenth of the gold she would need to save the convent from that bastard Baron Vespertilio. While she was a talented thief, even Lea couldn't hope to pick every pocket here. Hell, half of them were locals and word would quickly spread which was never good for business. The travelers were fair enough game, especially that knight with the shiny armor, she had to have a coin or two. Not enough to save the convent but enough to help Lea find a nice distraction from her troubles and worries. Except something about the beautiful knight seemed familiar even if she couldn't quite place her nimble fingers upon it. What she could place her fingers on though was that coin purse hanging so deliciously near the slender waist by her belt. There would be hell to pay if she was caught, but that might be fun in its own way. She took a deep breath and moved like silk towards the knight.

Plan - knick her coin purse using nimble fingers and stealth.

If succeeds, toss the purse to Helen saying "I think you dropped this Miss....Helen?"

If fails, I guess it will be up to sweet Helen!
 
OP
A

Antifinity

Super-Earth
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Since the target is another player, we can treat this as a narration post. Helen, up to you if you want it to succeed or fail.
For plans against NPCs or the world, make sure to list 2 or more Plans at once! At least one of your Plans will fail and at least one will succeed. For example, you could pick someone's pocket (trying to get more Gold perhaps?) and also try to collect rumors on Vespertilio. One will succeed and one will fail. Using your [Advantages] to support a Plan improves the chances of it succeeding, and can make the penalties less severe if you fail.
 

Hamadryad

Super-Earth
Joined
Jun 4, 2017
Location
Newcastle, Australia
Viconia stumbled into the inn, looking about at it's patrons before averting her gaze down to the semi-crumpled contract in her hands. She was already brimming with excitement at the idea of plundering the Baron's mansion. With a skip in her step she deftly navigated through the patrons and up to the bar, where she slapped some coin down onto the bench and asked the Innkeeper for details on the Baron's mansion.

Following her success or failure here, she would move on to exploring the shops of the town, trying to source some equipment that would improve on her current set.

Plan 1 [Gold] Try and buy information on the Baron and his mansion.
Plan 2 - Try and source some better equipment before departing.
 
OP
A

Antifinity

Super-Earth
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Viconia succeeds in her first plan!
The innkeeper happily takes the "tip" and lists everything he can think of that might be helpful. "I'll be mighty glad if you can fix whatever is happening there. The rumors are scaring travelers away.", he sighs, "I'm sure you have heard by now, but the biggest issue is the disappearances, attractive young men and women have been vanishing one by one, and everyone says the baron is to blame. They are abducted at night, by some terrifying powerful creature. It seems to be able to fly, or at least leap, since one woman was taken from the top of a high tower!" He polishes a mug as he mulls over any other details that may be helpful, "Before this began, we had heard rumors that the baron was falling ill. Perhaps he has fallen under some curse, or perhaps one of those magic items he seized as 'taxes' has taken hold of him and provided a fell servant." After a moment, he remembers one last thing, "oh yes, we have heard reports of bandits on the road to the baron's manor as well. Best be on your guard. I'm not sure if they are related to the baron, but they will likely harass travelers regardless." You gain the [Warned about bandits] consumable advantage.

Viconia fails in her second plan.
Going to shop after shop on the hunt for better gear, Viconia fails to find anyone unwilling to sell it to her for the meager coin left in her purse. Searching all the shops in town for bargains takes more time than she bargained for. Gain the {Tired 1} Condition until the end of the scene (can also be healed by a plan like sleeping, if you all are planning to stay in town for a while.)
 

Hamadryad

Super-Earth
Joined
Jun 4, 2017
Location
Newcastle, Australia
Viconia is glad that she managed to learn some stuff about the Baron's mansion, and even happier that she was now aware of the dangers of the road. After an unsuccesful shopping venture, she went to find her companions so they could depart.

Plan 1 - Find companions.
Plan (Only if staying in town for a while) - Sleep!

Let's Go!
 

Joyful-Fabo

Super-Earth
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Lea’s Plan is successful!

Helen was distracted by a hearty bowl of stew as the lady knight had arrived famished from the road a few hours prior. The Order had tasked her looking into and slaying the evil hanging around Baron Vespertilio. This had given the stealthy Lea enough time to approach the section of the bar Helen was sitting at and unfasten the small satchel she kept her gold at. It was only after, once Helen had eaten, that she caught a glance of the sneaky Lea. Helen had much more solid memories of her ‘younger sister’ and her amusing if mischievous tricks.

“Lea? Little Lea?” She would reach out as she tried to hail her enstranged sibling. “It is me, Helen!”

Helen loses (Gold), Lea gains (Gold)

Plan 1: catch up with Lea to catch up with Lea, try to glean some rumors about the Baron.

Once her brief rendezvous with Lea was over, and she’d realize she had ‘dropped’ her money, she would head out to the local church to request some shelter and a ward from evil spirits since she feels she will need some additional protection.

Plan 2: request afformentioned favors at the church or convent.
 

LeaT

Star
Joined
May 3, 2014
If Lea hadn't quite been able to place the knight's face, the voice brought her to a sudden stop of recognition. She turned to look at Helen and her usually passive expression turned to a joyful recognition. She practically jumped towards the slightly older girl and wrapped arms around her neck and legs around her waist. "Is it really you?" She asked, feeling the solidness of her fellow orphan against her lithe body. She turned a little sheepish as she returned the coin pouch her face betraying the obvious lie of her having 'dropped' it.

"The church? I'm sure the convent would let you stay..." She didn't vocalize the idea of sharing her quarters and bed with her but her mind was clearly considering the possibilities as she slowly, almost reluctantly let herself back down to the floor. "But what brings you back here?" Lea asked, though it was hard to image it could be anything but the happenings at the Baron's. The sudden appearance of such a formidable young knight gave Lea ideas that maybe there was another way to stop these cursed disappearances.

Plan 1: Get the convent to accept Helen for a 'rest'.

Plan 2: Find other companions to round out the group.
 
OP
A

Antifinity

Super-Earth
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Helen’s Plan 1, to gather information on the Baron, failed. All she got was rumors. Worse, it seems someone may have sent word that the Baron’s affairs were being pried into. If the party doesn’t set off soon, the baron might be prepared.
Plan 2 is a success! The church is happy to let you stay in a small guest room with a single bed until tomorrow. They can’t offer you a ward, since their supply is running low, but the head priest offers up a [Quick Prayer] that will serve as an advantage against evil until the end of the scene.
 
OP
A

Antifinity

Super-Earth
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Since Helen’s plan succeeded, I’ll take Lea’s post as narration. Viconia, Tecuani, this would be a great chance to introduce yourself to Lea!
 

MagicBanana

Super-Earth
Joined
Sep 13, 2018
Tecuani had been having a rough day today. A few weeks back, some creature started to capture members of her tribe in the middle of the night, never to be seen again. That was later compounded by rival tribes raiding them in their weakened state, capturing the warriors they did not slaughter. It was not long before the entire tribe fell apart, and she needed to leave. Through some sheer luck, and a bit of bribery, she managed to find out about someone called Baron Somethingorother. She new that wasn't his name, mainly because she simply didn't remember it. What she heard about this individual, though, did interest her. Namely that some creature was attacking young men and women in the night and kidnapping them. Though not a warrior, Tecuani knew that she had to investigate, and kick this guys ass if he was behind it.

After walking for some time, she managed to finally find the town this Baron watched over. After some more walking, and getting lost, Tecuani managed to find some kind of tavern and saw the commotion of a rather pretty woman in metal armor talking to another surprisingly pretty woman about some Baron. Realizing that these two might be after the same thing, she calmly walked up to them and introduced herself.

"Hello friends. My name is Tecuani. I overheard you talking about the ruler of these lands, Baron Vestwearer, or something like that. I want to know more about this man, if you wouldn't mind my intrusion."
 

Hamadryad

Super-Earth
Joined
Jun 4, 2017
Location
Newcastle, Australia
Finally! After some time spent looking around for those who had been described to her as her companions, Viconia finally came across them. The spry young elfess bounded up to them gleefully.

"Ahah! I've been looking all over town for you lot", she said eagerly, "I heard some adventuring looking gals had taken up the contract too. We can work together, eh?".

She didn't give much time for a reply, "I'm Viconia, I'm out here getting some experience before the centuries up!".
 

LeaT

Star
Joined
May 3, 2014
"Meow" Lea said admiringly, just loud enough for Helen to hear her, as she saw the cat girl approaching them. Helen may have also heard a faint purring sound as Lea's eyes focused intently on Tecuani's curvy form. "It's no intrusion at all, I don't know much about him other than he is a bastard but no men in this village have the cajones to challenge him and get an explanation as to what is going on, let alone put a stop to it." She was about to invite the new comer to join them when another young beauty joined them, this one an elf.

Lea was starting to think this might be a bit much for the convent to accommodate when she thought of another plan.

"Well it should be an experience!" She said with a laugh, getting a bit bolder with the growing number in their little group. "If you three are willing to back me up, I have a bit of a plan. See that shifty looking prick over in the booth?" She asked them, just the slightest nod of her head indicating the direction towards a fellow that looked like a story book highwayman if there ever was one. "I bet I can get a little information out of him, if you three got my back."

Plan 1: Seduce the highwayman until he offer to take Lea to his room where he can be questioned more thoroughly.

Plan 2: Steal some papers or maps or other information for clues.
 
OP
A

Antifinity

Super-Earth
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Plan 2 fails. While rummaging through maps in the back room of a shop, Lea is unexpectedly spotted by the shopkeeper! She pounces out the window and escapes, but the shopkeeper spots her long enough to give a general description to the town guard. She is now {Wanted 2}!
((This will go away when the crew leaves town. As a reminder, if you had marked this plan with the [Stealth] tag it would be more likely to succeed, and you would have suffered less of a complication if it failed.))

Plan 1 succeeds! The highwayman is more than happy to accept your offer, and drops some none-too-subtle hints that he wouldn't mind if your friends came along as well. Once you reach the privacy of the room, he is happy to boast about how he is pretty much guaranteed a spot in the gang that has been patrolling the road outside of town. And if you were interested in more of a long term thing, he is sure they would let you come along. The bandits already have a witch member and a frog-girl slave. He ponders that last one, "Maybe you'd have to wear a collar, but I promise I'll treat you nice."
 

MagicBanana

Super-Earth
Joined
Sep 13, 2018
"It is nice to meet all of you. I look forward to taking this swine down with you three," Tecuani said, taking a slight bow. She looked where Lea pointed at and pursed her lips when she saw the man at the table. He looked as a snake, and one that was hunting no less. Still, he likely held the best answers they could get, so she did not question it too much. She followed behind Lea as they went to his room. She listened to his offer, and it all but confirmed her suspicions.

Tecuani leaned over to Lea after hearing the man's offer. "Hey, Lea. I don't trust this guy in the slightest. I'm going to try and commune with the spirits to see if we can find another way. If that fails, try and convince the guy against putting us in collars. I really don't want to be sold off as some kind of exotic pet," She whispered to Lea so the man could not hear. "Excuse me for a second. I have to go check on something before a decision is made," She said to the man before giving a slight bow and leaving the room.

Plan 1: Commune with the spirits to try and find another way to the Baron's castle. [Spirit of the Hearth]

Plan 2: Try and get a glimpse into the future for what might happen if we do follow this guy. [Spirit of the Hearth]
 
OP
A

Antifinity

Super-Earth
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Plan 1:[Spirit of the Hearth] not applicable to find travelling routes, hearth spirits know about homes, not roads. Plan 1 fails. The backlash of channeling leaves you with {Severed 2} until end of scene. This will interfere with using magic for the rest of the scene (though not for the other plans you attempted at the same time.)

Plan 2: The spirit glimpses into his heart and home, and finds that he would try to take you to his home and lock you up there. It seems he has a few magical items of control in his home that he would use to make you obey. The spirit finds no indication he would even take you to the bandits, he would just keep you as his personal possession. You gain [Vision of the Highwayman's House] as a scene advantage, you know the floorplan and security to a reasonable degree.
 

LeaT

Star
Joined
May 3, 2014
"A collar? How deliciously wicked. Doesn't sound much different than living in a convent, except for maybe one big hard bonus" Lea looked towards the growing bulge near the highwayman's groin to emphasize her point. She did her best to hide her revulsion at the idea of being this man's possession. She moved gracefully towards him, her hips swaying seductively with each step until she straddled his lap and ground her pubic bone against his arousal. Desperately hoping her friends would follow soon to back her up before things got out of hand.

Plan 1. [Nimble Fingers] Undress and by extension disarm the highwayman to increase the chances of her and the others subduing him with limited violence.

Plan 2. [Stealth and Nimble Fingers] Try to keep him from collaring her until the other girls show up.
 
OP
A

Antifinity

Super-Earth
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Plan 1 Fails: As you start to undress him, he pushes you back, "Oh no darling, you need to strip first. Put on a show!" From pushing his clothes aside, you see he is armed with a long knife on his belt.

Plan 2 succeeds: Feel free to describe how you distract him in your narration text. Anyone else can use the [Distraction] Consumable Advantage you created against him.
 

LeaT

Star
Joined
May 3, 2014
The man's strength is a little frightening but Lea stays in character and laughs playfully as she is shoved off his lap and onto her knees on the floor in front of him. Her eyes take in the long knife but she keeps her fear in check. She stands in front of him and begin to sway her hips slowly as if there is some unheard music that only she can hear. Her simple peasant dress sways as her hips rotate and she moves herself slowly as to keep his focus away from the door through which she hopes her friends will enter and rescue her. She smiles at the man despite her disgust of him as her hands caress her body, following her curves through the material of the simple dress. She gives her boobs a good squeeze before her fingers begin to unlace the tie that contains her bosom. As it loosens and opens it begins to fall off her shoulders, revealing the much more form fitting nature of her undergarments.

Plan 1: Keep his back to the door and his focus on her.

She turns away from him and let's the dress fall downward, exposing her shoulders and upper back as she wiggles her ass in front of him. As she turns to face him once more her ample cleavage is showing, bulging out the top of the tight top she wears beneath to keep her tits from bouncing too much when she is working. She releases the dress and runs her hands up through her dark black hair as the soft material cascades down her curves and pools on the floor near her feet. She then steps forward, kneeling in front of him like a good little slave. She takes one hand and begins to suck on his fingers erotically. It would take very little imagination for him to think of her sucking something else.

Plan 2: Get him to undo his belt and drop that knife.
 

Joyful-Fabo

Super-Earth
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Once caught up with her own sister, lodging assured and her gold returned she went along with the thief to round up a party to take to the Vespartilio Manor. The elf was a welcome surprise. Long had she heard of the fabled elven mages. She was a tad more wary of Tecuani, those savages and their heathen ways had been a thorn in the Order's side since its inception... but she supposed she could stomach it, for the greater good. As they made plans she gave another pass around on town to buy a ward given that the church was fresh out of it.

Plan 1: Use [Gold] to buy a ward or a good luck charm to take to the manor.

Helen goes over to back up her sister, fearing that the man may harm her and that the woman may dishonor herself. She approached the house with righteous intent.

Plan 2: Use the [Prayer] for godly favour and the [Distraction] to surprise the Highwayman, thus rescuing Lea.
 
OP
A

Antifinity

Super-Earth
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Lea plan 2: success. With your encouragement, he drops his belt and trousers to the ground, freeing his small floppy cock. The knife hits the floor with a thud. “Ooh.. cold night. But I’m sure you can warm it up!”
Lea Plan 1: failure. You don’t manage to get him more distracted than he already is. Instead, he takes the opportunity to grab your throat and pull you closer, “come on now lovely...”
 
OP
A

Antifinity

Super-Earth
Joined
Apr 11, 2019
Helen Plan 1 failed: taking the opportunity to slip out, Hellen found a peddler offering a holy good-luck charm. She eagerly bought it with her excess [Gold] however, unknown to her, it was a fake.

Plan 2 succeeded!: Returning to the room, Helen Takes advantage of her [Distraction] to surprise the highwayman, grabbing him from behind in a firm grip. “Hey!” He barks out indignintly, “wait your turn!” With your strength and him unarmed, he shouldn’t be a threat to anyone for now.
 

MagicBanana

Super-Earth
Joined
Sep 13, 2018
Tecuani grabbed her now aching head and rubbed it. She hated it when the spirits rejected to help her, but knew that they had specializations she needed to respect. Steeling herself, she went back into the room with the man and the her two party members. Looking in, she saw one in a very appealing state of undress, and the other one putting the man in a choke hold. Well, looks like it's the hard way now.

"A wretched tongue you have spoke. Not another word will you croak," Tecuani said, as she tried to hex the man so that he wouldn't be able to speak.

Plan 1: Make the man not able to speak. [Hex]

Plan 2: Remove the [Severed 2] flaw from myself. [Gluttonous Totem]
 

Hamadryad

Super-Earth
Joined
Jun 4, 2017
Location
Newcastle, Australia
Vicnoia stumbled in after Tecuani, after the situation was already essentially resolved. Her eyes washed over Lea's trim body and feminine curves, the elves cheeks filling with a red flush. Then her expression cleared and she turned her gaze to the highwayman.

"You're a creep!", she said tiredly, "We oughtta smack you up!".

She yawned loudly afterward, resigning herself to let her companions handle the situation.
 

LeaT

Star
Joined
May 3, 2014
Lea was relieved to see Helen enter her peripheral vision but was careful not to look directly at her until her sister had the highwayman firmly under control. She quickly picked up the knife that had fallen to the floor, unsheathed it and placed the wicked looking tip at the base of the highwayman's prize possession. "Nicely done Sister." She said with a smirk towards the struggling highwayman. She heard the cat girl's hex and tried to say 'No!" but it was too late. She had wanted to question him but a hex would make that rather difficult. She looked to the young elf "See if you can find something to tie him up Vickie." She didn't think he would be much trouble but she didn't want to spend the night poking his pathetic little dick with a knife either.
"He is a creep alright, but I have an idea." Using her off hand, which was still quite nimble, she began to stroke and caress him while still holding the tip of the knife threateningly close with the other. Instead of quickly bringing him to climax though, she would stop and squeeze, edging him to the point of release then forcibly stopping him.

Plan 1: Edge him and with a combination of pleasure and threats get him to talk and reveal a way to defeat or bypass the bandits.

Plan 2: Search his house for clues towards the above.

While she worked she wondered if Tecuani might actually be in league with these bandits. She would bare close watching.
 
Top Bottom