Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Peril/Bad End RPG Adventure Playtest

Antifinity

Super-Earth
Edit: [BGCOLOR=rgb(25, 49, 66)]All player slots are full, and there is one person on the waitlist. If you'd like to be added to the waitlist, you can let me know in the Interest thread, or with a PM. Players will be replaced at their request, or after 24 hours of progress blocking inactivity.[/BGCOLOR]

First time poster, so please let me know ASAP if I'm doing this wrong!

I'm looking to test out a system I've designed for Play by Post DiD/Bad End style adventures. I'm aiming for 2-4 players on a single short generic fantasy adventure (about 4 scenes long.) The rules and example characters are posted in Game Set Up & Rules.
Fetishes: Humiliation, Bondage, Mind Control, etc. (Feel free to list anything you want me to add or avoid. All limits will be respected absolutely!)

Let me know if you are interested or have any questions!
[automerge]1555119898[/automerge]
Rules are posted now!
Edit: CW: Non-con/Rape, no death, but perma mind-control or slavery is a possible BAD END.

Last edited:
Great! Feel free to call dibs on one of the example characters, or suggest your own. You can also come up with a physical description (and importantly for this forum, an age!) If we get 1 or 2 more, I'll start things off!
Edit: Also, let me know if the rules are unclear, I just came up with them in the last two days to fit the format of Play by Post.

I'll look into it.

I'll call dibs on the warrior, I'll play a knight lady.

Last edited:
This looks pretty interesting. It's been a while since I've done anything with bad ends, and I always love learning new systems.

Cool! Same as Joyful-Fabo, take some time to check out the system and premade characters, and figure out who you want to be and if you have any questions. I'm aiming for at least one more player, but two more would be ideal. But once I've got those, I'll start up the main thread.

Quick question, can I make a class? I kind of want to play something akin to a shaman, and none of the premade characters quite match that. If not, then I'll probably just go with cleric, since I might be able to flavor that to my liking.

Shaman works fine! For the playtest, I've been trying to do 3 moderately useful advantages, and one [Gold] Consumable Advantage (because the first scene will take place in a town, and spending gold will be a good chance to learn the mechanics.)
Let me know if you need any help thinking up advantages, I can try to suggest something balanced :)

How about something like this:

Shaman:
[Spirits/Elementals/Totems] Advantage (Useful when communing for scene advantage)
[Hex/Voodoo] Advantage (Inflict a malicious effect on someone (Frogs optional))
[Healing (wip name)] Advantage (Remove a malicious effect from a target)
[Gold] Consumable Advantage (Money)

Yeah, sounds great!
For that first one, I think it'd make sense to choose one specific spirit or elemental as your patron (like "Fire Elemental" or "Spirit of Bones") to keep it fairly balanced compared to the other Advantages.
"Hex" is great, there is already an NPC in the adventure with Hex magic, so it will be fun to see that duel!
For healing, I'd just add a limitation (like how Lay on Hands requires contact.) Piling up Complications is how all the distress and humiliation happens, so I don't want them being removed too easily :-D Maybe something like "you store the malicious effect in a totem, and it takes a whole scene for the totem to finish digesting it" or something. Up to you!

Yeah, I agree on having an alignment towards one particular Spirit/Elemental. Wasn't sure if Hex would have been allowed, since it might get pretty powerful pretty quickly, but knowing that there is another npc that has a similar ability puts me at ease that it won't be too busted. I also like the totem idea, and I think I might be able to work it into the spirit alignment as well.

Revised Shaman:
[Aligned Spirit/Elemental] Advantage (Used to get scene advantage, chosen upon character creation)
[Hex] Advantage (Used to inflict malicious effect on someone)
[Gluttonous Totem] Advantage (Removes a malicious effect on target. Only usable once per scene.)
[Gold] Consumable Advantage
[automerge]1555144064[/automerge]
Another quick question. Are there kemonomimis/monstergirls in this campaign, and can the players play as them?

Looks great! And don’t worry, the Hex magic is balanced by the fact it can rebound on the caster if it fails! ;-)
Yeah, monstergirls are valid. If you want it to do anything mechanically you’d want to swap out one of your other starting advantages, but character description is all up to you. I actually didn’t have any in originally, but now that you mention it, I could think of an encounter that might benefit from one!

Since we now have the minimum number of players, I’ll go ahead and create the Character Profile forum post. You two can add your descriptions there whenever you are ready.

I'll pick up the rogue if you still have room (she'll be small)! I can write a character thread tonight.

Sounds good! See above for next steps. That is the minimum number of players I was aiming for, but I’ll wait a bit longer to see if we pick up a fourth. Then once everyone has posted their characters, we can start!
Probably gonna start within 24 hours either way. I don’t intend to be too picky about posting speed, since there is no “turn” system.

I think I'll use her as reference for my character, her name would be Helen, age 24. Her armor would include a helmet and a sheath for her longsword since they're not pictured.
5be53e6ed2f7417569490c159ce732bcdbc4b909.png

This looks really interesting! o3o
I'd like to join as the mage if you're still accepting.

Since there is just one slot left, I’ll offer it to Hamadryad first, then ippo. If you don’t get it ippo, you can be first on the wait list to replace someone who drops out. Also, if the system works out, I’ll hopefully be able to run some games in parallel. So I’ll definitely let you know next time!

An OOC thread would be helpful in letting us coordinate how we want to play out some scenes. Would you mind starting one for us? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom