Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Journey to Virelis (Cylian997 and BloodRedRomeo)

BloodRedRomeo

Supernova
“See you later,” Kirby Flynn said to his fellow students as he stepped out of the changing room and into the lobby. He paused for a moment to stretch, feeling the satisfying soreness of a workout well done. However, he wasn’t doing a workout that most nineteen year old men engaged in. He was a dancer. And not just any kind of dance. He did ballet. Had been for a decade at this point and he loved it. Always had. In fact, it was this ballet studio that had been the deciding factor for what college he would attend.

Stepping out of the building, he could feel the cool autumn breeze rustle his clothes while he took a moment to admire the brilliant evening orange the sky had become. It was a beautiful day. And he knew there wouldn’t be too many more. Winter was coming, no matter how much he wanted to stop it.

The studio was a bit away from campus, making it a twenty minute walk to his dorm. All to short on a day like today, but all too long when the snow did hit. Then he thought about school again and sighed. The best thing about ballet was how easy it was for him to lose himself in it. A world of nothing but beautiful music and elegant movement. But now he had to return to reality. Cold, harsh reality.

Kirby was a very typical college freshman. A guy who had done well in high school and gone to college right afterwards because, well, it was what you did. He didn’t really have any field of study that he was passionate about. He had subjects he liked more than others, but nothing he could call a true interest. His favorite things were gaming, dancing, and cooking, but none of those were things he wanted or was able to make a career out of.

He was just a single young person looking for direction, just like countless others like him all around the world. But he wasn’t too negative about it. He knew that something would eventually grab his attention. He’d just need to keep looking for it.

While these walks were perfectly fine in the spring and summer, where the shops gather countless customers and the air is crisp and clean. Now the sadness and ennui of the fall and winter take away from the energetic strip of the city. Kirby could look out and see businesses closing early, the sun settling much earlier than before. There were no couples outside now, only the people with nothing to do out and about.

As the wind continued to blow, and the leaves flew away like seconds on an hourglass there was something that caught him in the corner of his eye. On his way back to his dorm he noticed a new little shop open. It was certainly eclectic in terms of its decor, was it Japanese? Was it African? Was it Egyptian? Kirby recognized all of these influences without as much as a glare. Yet, there was no one else on the streets that were disturbed by store. Almost as if no one else could see it. The sign itself was something he couldn't even read.

Then the name changed. That was an interesting-

It changed again? The sign seemed to cycle through languages every thirty seconds, almost as if it was looking for someone to be able to read it, but still, not a single person was bothered by it. It was almost as it this place didn't exist. The colors and the fonts continue to cycle through like a slot machine but eventually the name flipped to English and Kirby was finally able to read it.

"The Starfield Emporium."

Kirby was fascinated by this strange store that lay before him. That in itself was strange. His logic told him that he should be terrified. That he should report this to somebody, anybody. Yet he didn’t. Instead of fear, he felt only curiosity. Glancing both ways, Kirby crossed the street, dashing outside of crossing points wasn’t something he did often, but he couldn’t resist this shop’s allure.

Standing outside, he took a much closer look at the wolf ensemble gathered here. Kirby had seen many elements taken from other cultures due to his hobby of gaming, yet he couldn’t even recognize everything he saw in this shop. And as he looked, it became clear there was only one acceptable action that he had left.

He entered the store.

As Kirby entered the store the door quickly locked behind him and even worse, the door knob disappeared. It wasn't some cute little magic trick, Kirby physically saw the door knob disappear. Inside of the store he saw all kinds of items that should be impossible! There was a giant sword in a stone, a floating planet in a jar and a puppy cerebus in a kennel. The dog was napping but he was only to see a few inches ahead of him as he walked along. That was until the lights were suddenly turned on.

The lights turned on and illuminated an impossible space. There were countless items as far as the eye can see. There were no light bulbs either! The lights only appeared and in the back of this warehouse there was someone who stood in the light. As this person stood there Kirby noticed that they were rather tall. The next time he blinked this person was in front of them and they were floating despite having six pairs of wings. This being seemed female, this was obvious by the titanic pair of breasts in front of him. The woman wore a skin tight suit of both red and gold, the kind of which he had never seen. Her golden blonde hair shone so much that gold might never have the same luster anymore.

She glared down to him as Kirby heard an explosion of voices in his mind. Like the sign before this, he heard countless languages, some that he recognized and others that sounded completely alien. As this being continued to bombard him with sound the pressure around his head felt like a car that continuously ran over his head over and over again. Remorselessly, this being continued to probe through his head with countless voices and languages until finally, in a moment of sublime bliss he heard one simple word.

"Hello. My name is Sybelis, I am a guardian of reality. Welcome." Her voice sounded, cool, majestic and calm. As if she were some divine being. Was she a divine being?

Last edited:
Kirby stared at the woman before him completely awestruck. She was absolutely stunning in a way he struggle to even comprehend. He had never seen a woman so beautiful. And his eyes couldn’t help but staring at that divine cleavage. Truly, she was something else. He was certain that if God’s and goddesses were real, she would have to be one.

It took him sometime to recover from the experience of meeting her. It was like his entire life had be redefined by the past few seconds. But he couldn’t say anything. He opened his mouth, but nothing came out. He was practically choking on his own voice. Finally, after some trouble, he managed to speak in a weak voice.

“Hello,” he spoke nervously. “I am Kirby Flynn.” That was all he managed to choke out. He almost sounded like he was apologizing, like he was so unworthy that just being in her presence like this warranted some sort of massive sin.

Sybelis seemed to stare in Kirby's general direction, there was something about this glare that spelled some kind of dread. She soon waved her hand over Kirby and for about 10 seconds.

Kirby died.

He had no knowledge of what happened but then he was suddenly able to see again and he was perfectly alive. She waved her hand and out appeared a table; the table itself was made of a pure white marble with golden highlights. She then made chairs appear and even some delightful little snacks. There were various cookies on top of a warm plate on the table. As her hand remained extended she poured him a cup of coffee and she then reduced her size to something a bit more manageable for a human; about 5'9. And that only had her curves more intense.

Her breasts remained as swollen and heavy as ever. With how thin her clothing was they seemed to defy the laws of physics and remained perfectly in place. Her stomach upon closer inspection was smooth and clean. Her waist filled out as Kirby saw just how wide her hips were. And even how her butt and thighs filled out. Her body looked like something one could be lost in for hours. Kirby saw from where he stood, her skins supple smoothness could put velvet to shame. She took a seat and slowly crossed her legs, for a moment Kirby saw deep within her thighs at her center that was only blocked by what seemed to be a thin layer of tightly placed fabric.

"I apologize for doing that to you Sir Kirby. Would you mind having a seat please? We have some things to discuss." She spoke directly into his mind again but this time it was much more pleasant, like a normal speaking voice. Still, her voice reverberated like a trumpet but at least it didn't pierce his mind anymore.

Kirby awoke from his temporary death with a shock. He was aware of what had happened, even if he had no memory of it. He somehow knew that was what happened. Yet despite having just been killed by her, one look completely eliminated any hard feelings that he felt. Her beauty was too much for him to be angry at. And when she apologized, he almost felt like she was taking it too far. In his mind, he couldn’t see how such a minor thing warranted her apology.

Shakily, he stood up, realizing now that his six foot frame actually made him taller than her. He quickly hunched over, some instinct in him telling him that being taller than her was wildly inappropriate. So he took his seat, careful to remain humble in his posture.

“Thank you,” he found himself saying to her, like her attention was some sort of treasure. He had no idea where this instinctual deference was coming from. He wasn’t a confrontational person, but it’s not like he just rolled over to everything everyone said. He had gotten used to needing to take a stand throughout his life. But there was something about the woman, no, this goddess, that made him act this way.

"Please, these are some of the best cookies in all of reality." She pushed the plate forward and her tone became a little more playful as she even enjoyed the cookies herself. There were many choices, while they looked like simple snickerdoodle cookies, they each had varying colors. She took a sip of her coffee and again looked at his general direction. "For better or for worse you have been selected by The One Above All. I again apologize for how fickle it is. But I have to tell you, that today is the last day you will ever see of your old life." Sybelis actually seemed quite sad by this prospect, as if she had some sort of feeling for the fleeting lives of mortals.

"Reality is a fickle thing, it is a war that never seems to end. Across the bendings of time and space some of those universes are lost. While some are thriving and some, like your world, are so mundane they are beneath the notice of such beings. If even 5 of these beings were to attack your home an effort by your whole world would be like an elephant crushing a paper tiger. A futile effort. However, there is a hidden benefit to such things. Because your bodies are so unpolluted by the forces of quintessence they are powerful beaons for it. And among the 7.4 billion humans you have the highest potential to benefit from this. The rest of your world are mere fetuses while you are tottering around like an energetic three year old."

She takes a moment to readjust her position which only gave Kirby another look down her legs. Even how her thighs fell upon of each other gives off the impression of how subtly soft and supple she must be.

"I have taken the time to examine you down to your core and I have the perfect tool to give you for where you are going. The one weakness you have is that the quintessence of other worlds would never bend to your will. So I have to give you a tool to assist you. This is a divine tool but I cannot tell you how to use it. Only you can figure it out. But at least you do play some video entertainment. You can work it like that." Sybelis brings a small box over and presents it before KIrby. She opens the box to reveal a necklace or what looks like some sort of lizard tooth. "This is The Fang of Norfarr; The Crusher of the Skies. When you put it on your journey will begin. So if you have any questions or comments, please state them now before you place the necklace on."

At her behest, Kirby took a cookie from the plate in front of him. As she had promised, it was incredible. But somehow he struggled to experience the taste fully. He was too focused on the woman in front of him.

As she spoke, his mind was somehow completely focused and completely distracted. He was listening to her and having every word lodged into his memory. But at the same time, his mind was focused on how truly beautiful she was. He wanted everything about her. He wanted her on a deep, primal level.

When she offered him the necklace, he picked it up. He considered wearing it right then and there. After all, she had given it to him. But that wasn’t enough. He had something he needed to know. It was the most important thing in the world to him.

“Will I be able to see you again?” he asked her, more strength in his voice than his first words. He was still maddeningly fascinated with her, but at least learning how to speak in her presence.

"Of all the things to ask. But I am afraid not, this is my part of the domain, you are one of my rare guests that I see every 200 years. So this is our last meeting for the both of us. It is why I can lament the loss you are facing, even if you haven't realized it yet." She gave him a little giggle as she picked up another cookie. And the richness of the cookie was the part that might have been the most baffling part. The buttery goodness of the cookie melted in the warmth of his mouth and covered his tongue with both bold sweetness and a distinct warm punch of cinnamon. There was another warm spice that helped add to the flavor but he couldn't figure it out. Wait... he did! There was something akin to cardamom for that warmth.

"It is why I try to be as warm as I can be, even if human emotions are very foreign to me." She admitted and it was the only time her distinguished nature took a small back seat and she revealed a little vulnerability.

Kirby looked at her with a look of horror. Not being able to see her again... he hated the thought. It was a feeling he had never known before. He couldn’t help but wonder if this was love. Whether or not it was, he spoke out, his passion leading him to object to her.

“I hate that,” he told her, getting ready to put on the necklace. “I’ll find a way. I don’t know how, but I’ll do something to see you again. I can’t stand the thought of never seeing you again.” This bold declaration might be blasphemy for all he knew. But as he did, he stood up straight to look at her.

“Until next time.” With that, he put the necklace she had given him.

"It is a noble goal, but sadly it won't happen. But good luck if you manage to find a way to break the rules. Be safe Kirby." And when he put on the necklace Kirby was now pulled through a worm hole of sorts. His vision was bombarded by a psychodelic rush of colors, explosions events, faces, people, monster and so much more. His body felt as it he was freely floating yet again being crushed by some unknown weight. This continued until his vision turned black.

~~~

"Come on Lisha! You can do this! You can figure this puzzle out." The ever curious young fox girl was busy. She was currently trapped inside of a cave with no way out. See, Lisha is a treasure hunter, but not for the money but for the thrill. Her golden eyes darted around the room with boundless curiosity as her tails freely flowed along. Her snow white skin gleamed against the bleak darkness of the cave. Her silver-white hair almost seemed luminescent as it was visible in the darkness. While she was a little diminutive at about five feet tall, that made the rest of her look filled out by comparison. "I really need to get a new robe." She lamented as her growing bust refused to stay in place, her damn breasts even stopped her robe from covering even lower. It was so embarrassing!! "What is this? I thought one of my treasures was supposed to be here." There were several statues before her as she continued to look around. Her lithe form hid a steep agility that allowed her to bounce around with relative ease, her years of training also ensured that she was no easy fox to catch. Even if her curiosity got the better of her every now and again.

And this was one of those times.

Lisha decided to push around the statues. Maybe there was something about them she thought. It was the only thing that was available for her to move. As she toyed with the towers the also realized that they rotated!

"Maybe that was why no one figured it out..." Her eyes tried to not focus on the countless dried bones on the floor but... there were countless bones. The stink here almost bothered her sensitive nose but both her survival and her want of bragging rights among the other hunters pushed her on. It may have taken her an additional four hours but eventually figured it out and with it a portal opened when the four statues faced each other. They all shot a beam of light that pooled in the center and blew out so much wind that it broke through the cave to reveal an exit but also it revealed a person...

Kirby didn’t just appear out of the portal. He quite literally feel out of it. Luckily, his years of training had left him quite graceful. But even then he still struggled to stick the landing. He almost tripped on one of the old bones on the floor as he tried to right himself.

The first thing he did was look around at the strange place he had been sent. A creepy cave with strange statues and a strange portal that he had just come through. This wasn’t the environment that he expected. Usually stories stated in a forest or a town.

In fact, why was he so calm? It was strange that he wasn’t freaking out like he’d normally expect himself to. He imagined it had something to do with his Goddess. Killing him, bringing him back, telling him all those things telepathically. It could have an effect on a person. He was still confused, no question, but he wasn’t having a mental breakdown.

It was as he thought on this that his eyes landed on the pale fox girl that was his fellow resident in this cave. He hadn’t expected to see anyone here. He also had no idea what to expect either. He stepped back, looking worried as he watched her carefully. Finally, he found the strength to speak. “Hello,” he said simply.

Lisha looked on in amazement as the scene unfolded. She opened a portal that broke through a solid stone wall that brought in a person. A person? Lisha might have been curious but she was not stupid. Every fiber of her being warned her, "stay away! Be careful."

This person even spoke a language she did not recognize. Just what was that? Lisha cocked her head as her ears twitched to the sound of danger. The skeletons began to animate. It began with a soft rumble that turned into a roar of the dead.

"Heijrbigso (What the) heck odhhwohru (did I do?) I ruined wikeojeg." (everything!) Kirby could not explain it but he was some how learning the language. Lisha however bolted away as the prospect of this undead summoning demon was a problem. But how can she escape this???

In the meanwhile, Kirby saw things very differently. This was very much like the games he used to play. There was a heads up display that had action bars that slowly filled. The more filled the bar was the closer it was to activating. The real next question was though, "How would he fight back?"

She was there, and then she was running away. He wanted to call out to her, but then he realized what was going on with the bones. It looked like they were moving. They were forming up into...skeletons? He jumped back, trying to put distance between himself and the bone piles.

She had said something about ruining things. He was a bit lost, but he could only guess that this woman was some sort of necromancer. Something had told him he was going to end up in a battle. He just hadn’t expected it to happen so soon.

The skeletons weren’t formed yet. Thankfully. That gave him time. Time enough to begin checking his new heads up display. His Goddess had mentioned something about gaming. Maybe this is what she meant. But he could muse over that later. He immediately began trying to use it, working fast to figure what as much of did as possible and, more importantly, find a way to fight.

The groans only grew more and more abundant as the numbers of skeletons grew. There were at least five of them now. As the pressure continued to mount, with the skeletons glaring at him he finally got an attack. His display flashed up with the following.

"Dragon Fang Thrust: Level 1."

A punch that he did for some reason had a lot more power behind it. It was difficult to understand but luckily Kirby was a strong athlete thanks to his ballet and his attack blew away at least four of the skeletons away. More of them continued to rise and a set of three symbols appeared on his display.

An ice block, a thunderbolt and a tornado. And right now the tornado was lit up.

He was surprised by what had just happened. He had expected the punch to do something more than usual, but that was far more than he thought would happen. He stood there in shock before pulling back his fist. If he could do that with his arms, just imagine what he could do with his legs.

Still, this wasn’t over. He needed to adapt. Fast. Seeing the symbols, he tried to imagine what they could do. Deciding there was no other way to find out than by trying, he willed a switch over to the ice block before he prepared to perform another attack. He waited until a skeleton got close before striking out a swift kick to its chest while channeling the same power as before.

As the skeletons continued to pour outside and leave the cave, Kirby's leg went through the air and another set of letters flashed over his hud.

"Dragon Tail Slash: Level 1."

It was not wind that followed his kick but icy shards that managed to chip and cut the bone of the skeletons. And with his kick Kirby noticed something odd.

He was covered head to toe in blue dragon scales like an armor. Upon further inspection he was covered in thick, metallic looking scales. Yet, he felt like he weighed nothing at all. No, even less! He felt stronger all around.

The bars over the skeletons were suddenly filling faster as their bones were forming into some sort of skeletal goliath.

So it was what he suspected. Those were the elements of his dragon attacks. By changing them up, he could do different things. Even more shocking was that kicking was actually a different skill than punching. It did make sense, it was just a thing he hadn’t been prepared for.

Kirby was feeling fear, there was no doubt about it, but there was also a lot more at play. He was feeling an excitement unlike anything he had ever felt. And with these skills and systems... how deep did they go? The thought of finding out only made a smile creep across his face.

Seeing the growing behemoth, an idea came to mind. If a kick was different than a punch, was an aerial kick different than a ground one? Luckily, his years of ballet had taught him how to jump. So he sprinted at the beast, switching over to the lightning symbol as he did. Once he was close enough, he did a spinning jump kick straight at the fiend.

As Kirby jumped into the air and spun in the air with ease. As thie skeleton grew into some mangled monster of maw and sinew: Kirby's armor shifted from blue to purple.

"Dragon's Lash: Level 1."

This was odd. In the moment this activated it looked as if time stopped. No, his perception of time changed. The skeletons movements were sluggish as if it was in a quagmire. And with his training in ballet; swift and decisive air movements seemed simpler while he was in this form.

When Kirby's kick finished, he cut through the jaw of the skeleton with ease. It felt easier than cutting through a perfectly roasted chicken. The skeleton fell backwards as it reformed into what looked like a catapult. The skeleton launched out a massive bomb of bones and he still floated in the air...

What could he do?

If it hadn’t been for his sped up perception, he would certainly have been hit by the projectile. However, right now he had an opportunity to prevent that. It didn’t help that he was in an awkward position, still moving off of the momentum on his kick.

Doing the best he could, Kirby twisted his body to get a better shot at the mass of bones flying at him. So he threw out another kick, but this time with the wind element. He hoped the blast would be enough to disrupt the projectile.

Kirby was unfortunately a little unprepared for this attack. The ball of bone crashed into his body and exploded into countless tiny pieces. But the armor protected him well enough. On the upper right hand of his hud he noticed a small heart and a bar. He saw his bar lose a decent tick of energy as he crashed onto the floor. As he was pushed through the debris his health bar continued to be chopped down.

Kirby saw that his armor now had small cracks and chips as he endured the damage. He was still properly protected but the catapult began to prepare another ball. Kirby needed a new plan.

He pulled himself up a bit shakily. Some of his excitement was wearing off. Getting hit like that hurt, no matter how protective his armor was. Still, it wasn’t like it was over. He took long enough to take a deep breath, calming himself. Then he ran straight towards the catapult.

Kirby was fast and, more importantly, agile. He had to be. His plan was that he could hopefully use his skills with his newfound perception to dodge an incoming attack. He also remained on the wind element, a special plan of his own. If it looked like he couldn’t dodge on his own, he’d use a blast of air to push himself out of the way.

The little wind symbol in his hud pulsated quickly as he ran towards the catapult. The bones continued to form into a pointy ball. The ball now glowed with a noxious green glow and it began to stink. This attack was different than the last. He needed to get there quickly...

"Hidden Skill: Dragon's wing flap."

His armor shifted to a light green to denote the change in his element. Quite suddenly, with his next step Kirby cut the distance so quickly that he was now under the catapult! The manical machination was defenseless in this position. Kirby had one good clean shot to try and finish it off.

The speed was so sudden that Kirby almost ran into it. Indeed, without his perception powers, he would have. But now he had a chance. He was too close to kick, so he had to rely on a punch. He dropped low, getting himself ready.

Once again, his dance experience was coming in handy. Kirby had an excellent sense of his body weight and balance. As such, he was able to put all of the force possible behind his next attack. Finally, he switched to ice, hoping this would be enough to stop the thing he was fighting. And so he threw his punch directly at its core.

Back
Top Bottom