Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who's Teasing Now? (dominant_minded X Darkest Desires)

Sarah's smirked dropped instantly, the look he gave her could freeze someone from a mile off. And she damned herself as she felt her face flush, eyes dropping to the counter. There was that danger again, that warning glint in his eyes making a shiver run through her body. The rejection was embarrasing, as she wasn't a girl used to being rejected. But here he was plain as day, doing it outright. Sarah took a deep breath, and grabbed her half full coffe mug. Muttering, "excuse me" as she stalked out of the room and into the safety of her office. Trying to calm herself down as she plonked herself back into the chair.

That round had definitely gone to James, but that would soon change.

(That's got to be a frustrating, difficult passtime ;])

As soon as she left the room, he set the coffee mug down; his hands had started shaking so badly that he was concerned about scalding himself with the contents of the cup. He let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. That had certainly been intense. He couldn't remember ever standing up to her quite that directly. It was dangerous, he was certain. He took a moment and reminded himself that it was her family name on the stationary, and that the fact bore remembering. He went back to his desk at a brisk walk and sat down, taking several deep breaths. He tried to concentrate on work, but the last interaction with Sarah seemed to be determined to replay itself in his mind. He had stared her down and won, for once. She had actually looked a little... what? Embarrassed? Nervous? He couldn't tell. It could just as easily have been annoyance, he told himself, she's probably got a splitting head ache and she's not used to the any boy toy, much less a member of the 'hired help', turning down her advances. Something was picking at him, something he wanted to bury. He had trouble concentrating the rest of the morning and afternoon. She kept popping into his head for annoying little surprise visits when he was trying to focus. He couldn't admit it, but he was excited about seeing her again.

(Nahh, it's a lovely past time. Did I mention that I'm no longer wearing the same lingerie? I am in fact now wearing...A white , patterned lace bra. And a matching patterned thong. Think on that, f'annwylyd ;) )

Sarah's "last cup of coffee" had in fact been the second of many. It wasn't doing much to help her stress levels, and actually succeeded in increasing how stressed she felt. James' rejection kept running through her head, over and over again on a constant loop. If she hadn't have gotten drunk last night and made an arse out of herself, she'd still have the upperhand in the game she'd been playing with James as soon as they'd met. Sarah tried to keep her mind occupied with the stack of paperwork her father had transfered over to her office. Probably as punishment for talking back in the corridor earlier. The stack was high but she did it, just to prove to him that she could. But her embarrasment soon started seeping back into her bones as she finished the last one. How often had she mocked James to try and get a reaction? And now that she was getting one. she was falling at the first hurdle? No. She'd suffered a blip, she hadn't expected James to retaliate. He'd probably gone back to being a pushover already. So she chose to erase last night, and today from her mind.

Sarah glanced up at the clock, it was definitely time to leave. There was no more work to be done, so there was no need to stay. So, she drained what felt like her 50th coffee cup, gathered her things and sauntered from the room. Saying goodbye to her secretary as she left. She stopped at the end of the hall, pushing the elevator button to call it up. Running a hand through her thick mane of hair. Thanking god that this day was over.

(Mmmmmm... I mean, uh... I'm beginning to become concerned about the amount of strain you're probably putting on the European supply of thongs, Darlin'. Leave some for the other girls. =P )

James packed his laptop up in his briefcase and shoved the unread reports and projections into his file cabinet. The day had been decidedly unproductive. He fixed his tie and cuffs before he stepped out into the hallway; it was just habit now to make sure his appearance was thoroughly professional before he moved into any public area. He had sent Miss Bingly home already, so he was on his own to turn out all the lights and lock the door to his office. He let out a tired sigh and started to walk down the hallway. He saw her as soon as he turned the corner and pulled up short. His heart fluttered, making him feel a little stupid. This wasn't grade school, and he wasn't going to indulge in some sort of foolish crush, especially with his boss's daughter. He considered taking the stairs, but felt foolish about the idea of 'running away' from her. He sighed, trying to compose himself as he always had, at least until this morning, when dealing with Sarah. He walked up next to her without meeting her gaze, noting the 'down' button was already lit. "Miss Jones," he said in his cool, unaffected tone. He found a particularly interesting spot on the wall to stare at, refusing to even shift his weight or check his watch as he stood next to her.

(The other girls are gonna' have to tear the thongs from my body. I thought I'd give you that delicious image ;) )

Sarah gritted her teeth as he came and stood beside her and spoke to her in that calm tone that drove her crazy. She refused her first impulse of glaring at him and usuing a cutting remark. Instead, opting for teasing. Turning towards him, eyes widening in faked suprise. "Jamesy! I'm starting to think that you're following me! Is the image of my naked body already haunting you? O didn't know you were quite so desperate to get another taste." The doors of the elevator opened with a swishing noise, and they both stepped into it. Sarah pressing the ground floor button. She leant against the elevator wall, confidence seeping back into her body as she slipped back easily into role of tormentor. Sarah's foot slowly ran up from her ankle to just below her knee, watching James as she did it. A small teasing smirk on her lips. Her voice flowed out of her lips like silk, a taunting edge marring the soft quality of her voice. "So tell me Janesy...Is it true? Have you been thinking of me naked? I won't tell anyone." She chuckled, eyes glinting with amusement.

(Delicious is just the right word for it too. Delicious like a... tart! =P)

His eyes narrowed as she talked to him, he quickly turned his gaze away from hers. He was certainly used to her constant teasing and flirting, but she'd always been a little obtuse. Apparently the way she had decided to use last night against him was to take it as license to be much more overt. His ears turned a little red, but his exterior stayed loose, calm. He made an effort not to look at her, but he could see her working her legs in his peripheral vision. He was suddenly regretting the fact that he had made no effort to give himself some... release... either last night or this morning while he was at home.

"I would say that I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I'm afraid that sentiment wouldn't exactly be honest," he replied very politely, too politely, his voice soft and cool. It was true enough. He may have been thinking about her all day long, but, at least as far as he could remember, he hadn't been picturing her naked. He sincerely hoped that this new rejection would dissuade her from being so direct, though, perhaps, not all of him was as sincere in this hope as his mind was. He swallowed lightly, forcing his eyes up higher, watching the floor numbers slowly count downwards. The lift seemed to be going abominably slowly today, but perhaps it was just him. That 'something' that had been lurking at the back of his mind started to pick at him again. It was a little clearer this time, despite his best efforts to keep it safely locked in his subconscious. As if determined to thwart him, his mind asked him, If you truly find her constant bombardment so annoying, why are you so interested in the idea of provoking her further? He gripped the handle of his briefcase tighter, his knuckles whitening. They had barely moved two floors down, and he was certain she wasn't going to behave herself and stay quiet for the rest of this trip.

The smirk slipped. her foot dropping at his blunt rejection. Eyes narrowing in return. But she quickly put on a fake smile, certain that he wanted to prevoke her. Was he trying to make her angry on purpose? She read his face carefully, deciding that he was just being his annoyingly calm self. God he was more polite than a british citizen! But she wondered how far she could push him before he cracked. How far until he was forced to say something that she could use against him? Sarah eyed the numbers on the lift. And with a sudden wicked thought, pushed the emergency stop button. The lift stopped with a jolt and she turned to face him, a small calculating smile dancing on her lips. "Now c'mon Jamsie...Let's put whatever bad thoughts we have for eachother behind us...We can start fresh..." She sauntered towards him, her hips swaying. Her blue eyes locked sqaurely on his, stopping inches in front of him. Sarah leant forward, pressing against him just slightly and whipsered, "We can get to know eachother."

He felt some color drain from his face when the elevator stopped. What the hell was she doing? Of course, she wasted no time making her intentions known, and he soon found himself with Sarah softly plastering herself against his chest. This was getting ridiculous. He locked his eyes with hers, staring her down with open flames smoldering in the usually cool blue eyes. She was really crossing the line, and even if he wasn't becoming terribly excited at the idea of putting her in her place (which he most certainly was), he couldn't simply let this one go. His hand unfurled around the handle of his briefcase, which dropped the few feet to the floor of the elevator and made a nice thudding sound. He grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her back several inches from him, then started walking her back to the far wall of the lift until he had her pinned against the wall with a comfortable space between them.

"Has anyone ever told you that you are a damn nuisance, Sarah?" he began, his voice very calm and cool, a sharp contrast to the firm hold of his fingers on her shoulders, but notably using her first name. He was gripping her loosely, not causing pain, but every time she tried to move, his grip would tighten and his arms would flex to hold her in her new spot on the wall. "I'm curious," he continued, "does this teasing nonsense of yours usually work on the men you try to flirt with, or don't they even realize that they're being used?" He stopped speaking only to move his face closer to hers. Now he was the one being aggressive, his nose inches from her own. "There's something I've been meaning to say to you since the first day I met you," he continued, his voice barely above a whisper and cold and calm as ice, "Why don't you grow the hell up?"

Sarah realized that she'd gone too far the second his eyes locked onto hers. She swallowed hard as he dropped the briefcase, deciding now was the time to get out of here. But floor numbers kept going down. A gasp of suprise flew from her lips as he grabbed her shoulders and pushed her back, it took many years of walking and running in stilleto's not to stumble and fall. Sarah's eyes locked onto his as he pushed her against the wall, there was anger in his eyes. And although it was scary, it excited her that she'd been the one to invoke it. Sarah couldn't speak as he talked to her, but she felt her anger begin to bubble. Deciding she'd had enough, she tried to break free but his grip on her shoulders tightened. And she was forced to stand back against the wall. James was so close she could feel his breath on her face.

Sarah narrowed her eyes, waiting to see what he'd say, eyes widening with outrage as he spoke his last line. Noone had ever told her to grow up. They knew better than that. Whatever change had come over James, she no longer found it fun. Her own voice slid out dripping with venom, "I can promise you now James, when my father finds out what you've just said...He's gonna' fire you. And when he does, I'm gonna' make sure I'm there too see you're face." Sarah couldn't stop, it seemed like her rage was pouring out in her words. "You may think I'm childish James, but at least I'm not a bloody suck up. If my father asked you to jump, you'd ask how high and we both know it. So before you start insulting me, take a look at yourself."

James had obviously hit a nerve, but if she really thought that he was going to be shaken by her attempt to lash out, she didn't know who she was dealing with. "Threats? Insults? Really, Sarah?" his words and breath falling right on her lips and cheeks, still annoyingly cool and collected, "after all the time you've spent trying to get reactions out of me, is that really the best you have now that you've gotten one?" The anger and threat didn't leave his blue eyes, but his voice and manners were still so placid. He sighed at her with a slight tone of exasperation and maybe... disappointment? That didn't make sense, even to him.

His tone changed a little as he continued, not accusing anymore, simply coldly observing. His eyes dropped for a moment, but then came back up to meet hers. They were piercing now, trying to strip her soul bare. "I find it interesting that someone who's so sensitive to accusations of being childish, would find her first reaction to be to run to her father to make the accuser go away," he continued softly. "And I might also say that after the past few months, if you really think that I'm the type to be your's or your father's lapdog, that you don't know me as well as you ought to. It's beneath your talent level to try to say so." He stared at her for a long moment, silently, in the stopped elevator. He took another step forward, turning the tables on her as he pressed himself against her. There was hardly an inch between his face and hers, and then there was no space; he was kissing her. He wasn't looking for an invitation, he was taking this kiss; his lips were ravenous, not gentle.

Back
Top Bottom