Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Beyond the Barrier: Unraveling the Veil [Vekraihr/Juumbled]

Silas didn’t let Lilith finish her sentence, redirecting it smoothly into a different direction than soaps and resting. His words caused her face to grow hot, her pale cheeks and nose turning a bright pink. Luckily Silas didn’t take his time to stare, far too wrapped up in the feeling of her skin against his, her arms around his neck, and her legs pressed against the outside of his.

Lilith’s body shivered and twitched against Silas with every kiss and tug at her skin. He kept pulling her closer and closer to him, even when there was no longer a gap to fill between them. The only way they could have been more together was if he’d slipped his manhood inside of her, but it pressed firmly against her stomach, throbbing for her the way her insides now yearned for him. Lilith was overcome with passion and lust. Her body swayed into him, the water splashing gently over the rim of the tub onto the floor and piles of clothing.

His hands pushed up into her, now dampened, hair and kept her close as he kissed her in a way she never expected a kiss to go. Her eyes opened at that time, staring with a nervousness before she relaxed once again, far too gone in the moment and feelings she was experiencing. She allowed his tongue to slide between her lips, and into her mouth. Her own tongue met his, more timidly, and she tasted him in a whole new way, this time without the subtle hint of blood. She softly made sensual noises as her own hand found its way up to Silas’ clean head of wet hair. Her other hand, however, left his neck, moving forward, pressing firmly against his chest, her fingers gripping onto him as her hand slid further down.

Her body took control, all reason leaving her as she traced further down his torso, finding the head of his shaft. Although up until that point, she had acted so hesitantly, her hand was unfaltering as her fingers wrapped around his length. She squeezed his shaft with a tug upward of her hand, her body feeling so warm now, she could have been feverish. Panting as their kiss finally broke, she stared at Silas, reality seeming to suddenly set in, and she let her hand leave him slowly. “I’m… sorry.” she said, sounding almost frightened about what she’d just done.

Her composure had left her. It was surprising that she hadn’t flung herself off of him, or out of the bath entirely, but she couldn’t seem to actually pull herself away from him. She wanted him, she could feel that deeply. But the consequences were so high. Panic filled her eyes and the bath water began to chill quickly, a gentle mist now rising from the surface.

Silas felt his body heating in ways he didn't think were possible as she was so intimately close to him, his legs shifting a little between hers as he lightly blushed, his cheeks heating up noticeably as they kissed in such a deep and passionate way. His heart was racing in his chest by this point, both with the excitement of the situation and with a slight amount of anxiety as he thought he may be pushing her too far.

However, Lilith didn't seem to have any such reservations at the time, he feeling the subtle warmth she was giving off down below against his sensitive flesh. He shook softly as he felt her swaying into him, his body pushing up against hers a little bit, making his sensitive manhood rub up against her a little and causing a soft moan to push into her mouth once again. His tongue, feeling her timid tongue rubbing back at his, began to softly swirl around hers as he relished in the taste of her in only the way they could be experiencing at this moment. As she gripped into his hair, he pushed his lips firmer towards her and pushed his tongue deeper into her mouth, tracing the roof of her mouth around her teeth with the tip of his tongue before diving his tongue down under hers and stroking it with a 'come hither' motion with it.

As she made her delight vocal into his mouth, he returned the delight as he shivered, feeling the hand slowly caressing down his chest and his heart rate skyrocketed. The soft blush on his face slowly turned crimson as he felt her grab hold of him, his thickness throbbing against her hand as he arched a little towards her ministrations. She gave a squeeze and tugged, eliciting another, sharper gasp of a moan into her mouth before their lips left each other.

As his eyes met hers, she could see a multitude of emotions swimming in them: lust, affection, happiness, nervousness, and passion as he looked at her. She muttered a sorry with a frightened tone and his gaze shifted towards concern and he looked up at her. His hand left her hair and softly caressed around to her cheek and jaw, cradling it in his palm as he looked deep into her eyes.

"What have you to be sorry for? I started this...I wanted it...But if you're not ready, then we're not ready," he spoke in Celestial to her with a tone of understanding and compassion, he had his reservations as well about the whole situation as well. As he spoke, he began to take the slip off of her carefully and slowly, looking at her with an unrivaled brightness in his eyes. She'd feel his fingers lightly brushing against her sides and shoulders as he pulled the fabric off of her and let it flop into a sopping heap next to the bath."Let's finish up here so we can get more comfortable and rest, shall we?" he asked her warmly as he started to grab one of the other wash clothes she'd brought over, picking up the purple bottle as well. He slid the rag underwater, soaking it and then he began to spread the soap from within the purple bottle over it and he reached up and began to gently wash her face with deep care.

"Close your eyes, please...This may hurt if it were to get in there," he said as he softly washed her face, making little circular motions and then continuing to her neck and he washed her with care and tenderness that one would for someone they truly felt deeply for. He'd continue along to her shoulders and torso, taking care not to miss a spot nor to apply too much or too little pressure as his green hues sparkled happily, just pleased for them to be so close with each other at this moment. It was all he could have ever wanted from this, was this happening, this present, this now that he shared with her.

Lilith’s eyes softened to that of a timid girl, waiting to be scolded. Instead, the soothing voice of Silas speaking Celestial comforted her, easing her mind of worry. As if on cue, the water temperature stabilized and the cool mists left the room as if they were never there in the first place. She thought about explaining herself further, but there was something strong and reassuring in his tone that left her silent.

He reached forward, pulling the slip that clung to her skin off, over her head, and tossed it. She sat there, completely exposed to him, her pale skin lightly freckled with tiny flecks of silver around her tummy, hips, and if he were able to look further down, around her pelvic region.

Her hands were clasped together, resting in front of her groin, covering her center-most point, though her arms pulled her breasts closer together from such a position. Her nipples, though small, and a soft pink in color, were perky. Between her cleavage rested a chain that fell beyond her breasts and rested above her navel with a red, glowing ball hanging in the middle of the chain.

She closed her eyes as instructed, feeling the texture of the cloth scrub the soft skin of her face. She breathed carefully through her nose, picking up on the strong scent of lavender and honey that must have come from the soap he was using. She was like a doll in his hands, moving any which way he motioned her to, so that he may clean and caress her body.

As her body was rinsed of all soap and suds, she stood, careful not to hurt Silas as she shifted her weight. She reached forward, hoping to help him up, uncertain of his strength at that point. It seemed their intimacy had breathed more life into him, but she didn’t know him well enough to presume such a thing.

Silas blushed a little as he began to take in the true splendor and majesty of her form, seeing the way her pale skin had little flecks of silver which accentuated her feminine physique, his eyes gazing back up into hers momentarily with a great warmth and appreciation. "You are so incredibly beautiful," he said to her with respect and affection in his tone before he began to focus once again on the task at hand. As he washed around her neck, he noticed that her necklace had strange writing on it, that seemed to glow with a soft ephemeral light which looked like strands of gold reaching out from it in all directions. The writing was glowing white and seemed to weave its way through the necklace in intricate patterns which Silas would never have dreamed of. The pattern was so intricate and seemed to shift under his very gaze, creating beautiful mandalas and patterns as the lines danced with each other.

As he washed along her arms, he stayed focused on the necklace fairly intensely, though his fingers skillfully worked the cloth along her skin in a gentle but cleansing and relaxing manner, even getting between her fingers. Curiosity was flashing in his eyes and after a bit, when he began to wash her abdomen, he brought his focus back to where he was washing and how. Taking in the sight of her breasts, he bit his lip and gave a little shiver as his cloth covered hand began to gently wash them, careful not to stimulate her too much, though being as thorough as he'd been with any other place.

The glinting silver caught his eyes again, and he noticed that it was coming from her pelvic region as well and his eyes gleamed with curiosity again, wondering why Celestials had such a feature. Washing her stomach, sides, then her back, he moved on to her lower body. "Would you stand up, please?" he requested to her softly in her native tongue, washing her waist and hips before being even more careful around her nether region, not wanting to get any soap where it shouldn't have been. His fingers of his other hand gently caressed her hip as he admired her shape and the unique feature she had.

He'd finish with her legs and then helped to rinse her off before rinsing off fully himself and he began to stand out of the water, accepting her aid and forgetting his own arousal was still quite present and now raging in midair as he stood next to her. He pulled the drain on the tub so that the water would get sucked down in, the sound of the water sucking down the drain breaking the silence as he smiled directly at her, the corners of his eyes wrinkling a bit with how pleased he was with the entire situation. Stepping out of the bath, Silas picked up the towels carefully and handed her one and he began to dry himself off, starting with his head and working down to his toes with the fluffy material.

"Let's go on ahead to my room now and get dressed?" he asked her in Celestial, she feeling there was something he was curious about but he wasn't voicing it just yet, perhaps deciding there may be a better time to do so. He'd left the towel sit at his feet before starting to walk a little more steadily than before towards the door, not having to walk as fast to keep his balance, though he still struggled a little, though not with each step, but every few. He was indeed drawing energy from her affection and each time they touched and kissed he felt more revitalized, as if taking sips of the most refreshing water he'd ever experienced.

Silas watched on as Lilith got herself comfortable within the towel before following after him, leading her down the hall and towards a door at the end and on the left, opening it up to a nicely decorated bedroom. A king-sized square bed rest in the left corner with a nightstand at its side, the wood was painted black and the bedspread deep blue and purples and a lamp rest atop the nightstand. Across from the bed on the wall adjacent to the hall was a desk with a seat and there were various papers that had been left out with designs and schematics of his past inventions. On the wall to their right, there was a dresser and wardrobe, both also painted black with silver handles, which Silas began to stride towards, his damp hair being softly wavy and he'd have it streaked back away from his face. Opening the wardrobe up, he pulled out some shirts which were just his size, but would fit like a short dress on Lilith and he offered it to her with a bemused chuckle. "I've got only this to offer you for now, will that be alright?" he asked, offering her the shirts. One was white, one was black, another was blue and the final one was green. Once she had made her selection, he turned away and walked back to the wardrobe and he began to put the shirts away before getting into the dresser and he pulled out a pair of black pants made of a breathable, flexible material which would hang loosely around his lower body as he pulled them on with care.

Lilith wasn’t used to being called beautiful, her, typically stern expression usually kept most forms of affection far away from her. She hadn’t bothered with suitors, either. There had been a match or two made on her behalf in the past, but things never went anywhere. She wasn’t really beautiful to a Celestial’s standards, she was convinced. Her body was far less graceful than the other girls and she compensated with a tough attitude and strong will to command authority instead. So when Silas complimented her so sincerely, running his hands along her skin with such intimacy, she almost looked confused. Was she beautiful?

She watched him, trying to process the thought of him finding her attractive, but his focus seemed to have shifted. She tried to follow the path of his eyes wondering why he was staring down at her breasts in such a way. She wondered if there was something wrong with them, but the glint in his eye reminded her of something different-- the same sort of look he had when staring at that orb he’d made. She looked down, realizing her necklace was nestled under her chest, and she thought to ask him what was wrong, but he corrected his gaze and went back to carefully washing her.

Lilith did as Silas asked until he determined she was clean enough for his standards, or perhaps until he decided he could no longer justify touching her body for so long. He accepted her help to stand, and Lilith struggled not to stare at the subtle curves and lines of his body, or the erection he still had, ever so present between them. With timid eyes, she glanced up toward his green eyes. She found a strength and gentle warmth within them.

Silas handed her a towel and she wrapped herself up, the towel covering her from her shoulders and hanging down to her mid-thigh. She watched him dry himself off, staring quite intently at his process, watching his body flex and bend as he toweled himself off from top to bottom. He left his towel on the ground, and she wondered how he was suddenly such a confident and bold man. Wasn’t he a nervous, blabbering fool of an inventor? Not… this. She nodded, her mind clearly elsewhere, and followed Silas to his room upon his request, still bundled up in the towel he’d handed her, though her hair was still dripping from the ends.

Upon entering the room Silas led her to, Lilith took in the scene for what it was. Dark, quiet, full of papers that suggested long, sleepless nights away from the giant bed shoved into the corner; a bed only one person ever used since the other side was snug against the wall. He strode over to his wardrobe, removing a handful of shirts for her to choose from. She could have easily opened up a drawer to her own belongings like she had done before, but she found herself wanting to be wrapped up in something that was his. Her hand hovered over he choices, hesitantly grabbing the black shirt. She never wore black.

He left her to go dress himself, and Lilith dropped the towel, sliding her arms inside of the shirt, then working steadily to button each button, reaching the middle of her chest before pausing to stare at Silas and the way his pants hugged his hips, the muscular lines beside them causing her eyes to trail downward as if it were a path she just had to follow. She felt the urge to move toward him, to grab those hips of his and kiss him with such urgency, but she remained in place with her hands hovering over the next set of buttons along the shirt.

“You--” her voice seemed to fade into the room, thinking of dozens of things she could have said following that word. But, she lowered her eyes to the ground, as if to gain some composure. “You should get some rest now. It’s been a trying day.”

Silas smiled as he stood before her, awaiting her to make a selection as he bit his lip. He was admiring the curves of hers which lay hidden under the fluffy towel and she could see that heat in his eyes as he let them wander down her feminine physique before looking up to lock eyes with her, the stars within still flaring and roiling as though they were going critical. He seemed to smile a bit as she picked the black one, it being a favorite of his when he was younger so it was well worn and cozy, and traces of his scent still lay in the fibers of the fabric. As he pulled his pants on, however, he felt her eyes on him and his thumbs stayed hooked in his waistband for a moment longer before snapping the fabric to his firm body. He'd yet to calm down, it would seem, as the loose-legged pants bulged in front where his erection loudly stated its presence.

Slowly, he turned to fully face her once again, seeing her hands hovering on the buttons in the midst of the lovely shape of her upper body and he ran his fingers a little through his damp hair, brushing it back a little further from his face as he listened to her speaking. "Indeed, it has been a trying day...For both of us...Come, let us rest," he said warmly with his Celestial tongue, his concern for her wellbeing surmounting that of his own, and it was obvious from how much attention he paid her along with the way he'd gotten so very furious when she had been attacked and cut off from him. The thought of that still ached his heart and a sudden realization washed over him. He could have lost her, then and there, and the thought of it burrowed deep into him like a sickly worm.

Walking towards her slowly and with purpose, she could see the determination in his gait as he came directly in front of her again and he took her chin in his fingertips. Lifting her gaze up to meet his with the swimming of emotion in his eyes once more, the fiery stars becoming a little more subdued as she could see the pain within him from just the thought of what could have happened. "Lilith...I...You were almost lost to me, today...And I...I'm realizing that I cannot bear that thought..." his voice was shaking with emotion as he spoke to her, maintaining his perfect Celestial dialect, however.

"Lilith, I find myself at a loss when I think of how I want to describe what I feel to you...Towards you..." he began warmly in Celestial, his fingers gently caressing along her jawline. "Every time I look at your face, I'm reminded of the beauty and mystery I see when I gaze into the cosmos..." he continued as he let his thumb lightly stroke her cheek under her eye. "I find myself anxious in ways I've never been...I have reactions I've never had towards another..." sincerity ringing in his voice as he lifted his other hand to her waist and lightly clasped onto her. "My heart flutters and I feel as though my stomach is going to fly away...And there's a yearning, more powerful than the one that drives me to discover. A yearning to be yours and for you to be mine," he spoke more, and the shaking in his voice steadied a little and his tone conveyed his deep passion for her, each brief pause being utterly silent as he didn't draw a breath in until after he asked, "Would you be mine?" in a sweet and hopeful tone, his green eyes flaring once again as he asked.

Lilith’s eyes watched Silas’ hands along his waist, her canine biting down on the corner of her lip as she hungered for him in a way she never imagined herself wanting a person. Her body was still so amplified from the kissing, and from the bath; from grabbing onto his manhood without little thought of her purity or status as a Celestial. She could feel the jolts of raw energy and desire surging through her, causing her chest to tighten, her breathing to deepen, and her center to warm up as if it was under the desert sun. Her fingers fell away from the buttons of the shirt she wore, slowly, and dropped down in front of her gently.

Silas’ soothing voice lulled her over to him as he motioned for her to come rest with him. She was already so drawn to him, but when he spoke her language it made him even more irresistible. She wanted to do whatever he asked of her, and she was nearly on him, just an arm’s reach away. She could smell the soap she’d used on him to clean him, she could sense how his gentle warmth was within her grasp. She was nearly in a trance. Silas closed the distance between them, lifting her chin up with a firm, yet delicate pull from him fingertips. She could see the stars so clearly in his eyes, but they faded when his expression shifted to something that seemed almost tormented and hurt.
“What-- what’s wrong?” she whispered.

"Lilith...I...You were almost lost to me, today...And I...I'm realizing that I cannot bear that thought..."
he said, trembling as he spoke. Her eyes lowered from his stare as she considered his words. He was right, she was very close to either being tortured or killed by those elves. She hadn’t taken the time to properly process it. Silas had come to her aid so quickly, she never considered what might have happened if he hadn’t been capable of conjuring such power. She turned her head away, her chin leaving his touch as she idly stared over to the desk covered in papers and dust. Was she attracted to him, or his power? It wasn’t long ago that she disliked Silas and his qualities, not to mention his meddling with the soul. He’d saved her life, and perhaps she’d gotten a little too wrapped up in the idea of him being her protector.

"Lilith, I find myself at a loss when I think of how I want to describe what I feel to you...Towards you..." he told her, his fingers finding her skin once more.

"Every time I look at your face, I'm reminded of the beauty and mystery I see when I gaze into the cosmos..." he continued as he let his thumb lightly stroke her cheek under her eye. She looked over to Silas, her full attention back on his eyes. When did those stars show up, and what did they really mean?

"I find myself anxious in ways I've never been...I have reactions I've never had towards another..." His free arm wrapped around her and she felt her heart thump against her chest, wanting to give in and fall further into his embrace. But, her mind was at war with itself.

"My heart flutters and I feel as though my stomach is going to fly away...And there's a yearning, more powerful than the one that drives me to discover. A yearning to be yours and for you to be mine,"

Up until that point, his words had been shaky, but his voice suddenly strengthened with his vigor. Lilith felt her chest flutter and her heart throb so hard she was sure it was going to burst out of her body. His every word meant so much, and they were only for her. But as he asked his final question, Lilith felt her body grow cold and her spirit drop.

"Would you be mine?"

The question rang out in her mind, echoing within her as she stared at the inventor. What could she say? She couldn’t make such a promise to him. He wasn’t really a Celestial.

“S-Silas… We’ve… been through a lot, but, we’ve only known each other for several days. It may feel like an eternity because of the trials we’ve been through, but, we barely know one another. And, you are not a Celestial.” she added, the last part stinging her heart like her words were toxic to herself; a venomous stab from the tail of a scorpion. She wanted to reject and deny every word that came from her mouth, but she couldn’t stop.

“We were acting as a couple, and pretending you were a Celestial in that realm. But, neither of those things are reality. Please try to remember,” she continued, pulling away from his grasp, taking a strong step back. “You have created something that is potentially dangerous and I can’t leave you alone with it. That’s all this is.” Her words were cold, firm and sounded final. She’d had a lot of practice sounding that way from her upbringing. But, why did it cause her so much physical pain to do so now?

Lilith gulped hard at a lump that formed in her throat, then took a deep breath. “You should sleep, okay? I’m going to be downstairs.” she told him, turning away and leaving the room. The temperature in the room had grown frigid, and the cold lingered in the air even after she left, shutting the door behind her.

Silas could feel the way Lilith was pushing and pulling with him as he had spoken to her though he felt as though all was going well based off of her reactions thus far. He had done his best for that entire speech to keep his voice as steady as he possibly could as some of the things he said made his heart catch in his throat. Still, he persevered, needing to telling her how she made him feel. How he wanted to alter their relationship dynamic. As Silas looked on at Lilith with hope and resolve, she began to speak and he could hear the shift in her tone and the absolute change in her demeanor as she rationalized away his feelings.

“S-Silas… We’ve… been through a lot, but, we’ve only known each other for several days. It may feel like an eternity because of the trials we’ve been through, but, we barely know one another. And, you are not a Celestial.” Silas' bright and vibrant greens began to darken and gray until they looked like murky ocean water teeming with algae. Her words stabbed him into his very core, but his face remained stoic and resolute. He couldn't show her how much it hurt, no matter how much he wanted to, though the darkness in his eyes betrayed a bit of the emotion he felt from the situation.

“We were acting as a couple, and pretending you were a Celestial in that realm. But, neither of those things are reality. Please try to remember,” she stepped away from him, his fingers grasping a little at her before falling loosely to his side while taking slow, deep breaths to keep from showing how his stomach was turning sour. “You have created something that is potentially dangerous and I can’t leave you alone with it. That’s all this is.” these last words hurt the most, as, somewhere inside of him, he knew better but that voice was oh so quiet and far away by now. She was right. Of course, she was. But it didn't stop him from feeling as though all the air had been taken from his lungs, turning away from her as tears began to well up in his eyes.

"Very well..." Silas said, drawing a ragged breath in quietly through his nose and he felt the stinging of devastation dripping from his eyes a little bit. "Good night, Lilith..." he said quietly as she'd left the room, stepping away from the door before sitting onto the bed. A few more tears fell from him as he felt the coolness in the air still as she'd made her exit. That sensation which comforted him so many times in the last few days. It felt like a cruel joke, to leave him alone with such an obvious reminder of her presence still in the air.

Slowly, he regained his composure and decided that rest would be the best thing for him right now. He couldn't think, anyway. His mind was too shrouded with his emotions as he tried to forget about them. It used to be so easy before, to put that need for discovery ahead of everything and push his emotions down. But this was too much for him. He'd never let someone get so close, especially not so quickly. He'd not expected it to turn out this way, either, but he supposed he'd better get one with coming to terms with it. Their survival would depend on it. It was still so very difficult for him to fall asleep despite the sorrow which weighed him down. Every time he was almost out, he'd feel himself jump with a start and instinctually reach out for a presence that wasn't there. Cursing himself for his lack of self-control, Silas laid onto his back and put his palms on his forehead, groaning with frustration before slamming his hands down to each side of him on the bed. He began to control his breathing in such a way that he began to fade into unconsciousness rather than fall asleep, finding no other way to fall asleep as he'd tried for too long for his tastes.

Lilith exited the room, shutting the door behind her, then stood with her back leaning into the door for what felt like a decade. Her mind raced as she replayed what had only just happened, over and over in her head. Did she really say those things? She genuinely liked Silas, and somehow she had managed to destroy a budding relationship in less than ten minutes. Her shoulders curled inward, the only sign that suggested she wished to collapse in on herself from the agony that turned her body into lead. She felt so heavy she couldn’t pull herself away from the door.

Lilith tried to imagine her life being banished from her home for choosing some-- well he wasn’t exactly mortal, was he? Still, the rules were quite clear. And what if Lilith did give it all up for him, and suddenly, two days later, he found her repulsive? His feelings had manifested so quickly for her that surely they would fizzle out just as rapidly.

Her eyes soaked in the objects that made up Silas’ vacation home, as if she were searching for some hidden answer or sign; anything that might convince her that she was wrong. But as she stared out, the only image in her mind was the glittering of stars that speckled his eyes, and the flow of power that seemed to surge through him, making him seem protective and somehow larger than ever. Her fingers spread out across the door behind her, as if she were reaching to touch him on a more spiritual level.

A glint of light sparkled, drawing Lilith’s attention, and finally, she found the strength, pooled from her curiosity, to move forward. She took slow steps toward what she realized was Silas’ spirit-orb, resting on a table. Lilith tilted her head, examining it with bright, glowing eyes. “Spirit, do you wish to leave this device? You’re supposed to return to the Aether.” she spoke in a language that she hadn’t used in a very long time, a universal language between souls.

Had Lilith spoken in any other tongue, she was sure the orb would have stayed silent, however, it did not ignore her question, and responded in the same dialect. "I wish to serve the creator...He has given me a new purpose and I will do my best in order to please him."

Lilith pursed her lips together, unsettled by its answer. It felt a loyalty to the one that invented the vessel it bonded with. Perhaps it also felt as though it were still alive, animated by his contraption. She wished to plead with it, but the next words she uttered weren’t about the Aether at all.

“Should I have said yes?” her words were merely a whisper that threatened to somehow echo through the hallway. Her doubt made her hands tremble and she quickly clasped them together to steady herself. She turned around from the orb, and walked herself down the stairway, finding a place to settle for the night. Her tired and defeated frame collapsed into the couch, and she pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging her body close to herself.

Hours had passed. Lilith nearly found sleep time and time again, but stirred herself awake each time. Her eyes grew heavy with exhaustion, and her chest still ached with the feeling of loss. Her head felt as though it were going to split into two, a headache the result of both the lack of sleep and the way she’d rested with her neck turned unnaturally, causing her muscles to kink uncomfortably.

Lilith slowly lowered her feet back onto the floor, feeling the tingling needles rush to them as she put weight onto them. She winced and wobbled on her feet as she stood, looking up toward the stairs, wondering if Silas had managed to fall asleep. She bit down, nearly grinding her teeth together while trying to decide what to do. She’d denied his feelings, but she longed to be near him. Perhaps she’d just go check on him, to see if he was alright.

Lilith slowly climbed the stairs again, every step causing her head to throb painfully. As she turned the doorknob slowly, careful not to make a sound as she pushed the door open a crack, she peered into the room, eyeing the bed. Silas was still. Her heart pounded, urging her to go to him, and she found it hard to ignore. With quiet, almost gliding feet, Lilith slipped into the room, nearing the bedside. She stared at Silas, noting how stiff he looked. It seemed like such an unnatural sleep state.

She bit her lip in the center with her teeth, then placed her hands onto the bed, pulling herself onto it slowly so that she was on all fours beside him. She crept over to him, drawing close enough that she could feel a slight chill coming off of him instead of his natural warmth. She hesitantly touched his arm with two fingers, then sighed internally as she straightened herself out alongside him, tucking herself between his arm and his body. Her fingers reached up, brushing across his chin and up to his cheek gently.

“Silas…” she whispered his name. She didn’t want to wake him, but at the same time, she really did.

Each time Silas forced himself to pass out he'd gain only a brief reprieve before coming back to consciousness minutes later. He was growing so frustrated by it that he was starting to shake, laying in the bed and thinking about what Lilith had said. She didn't really mean those things, did she? It was so very unlike all of her other behavior and something inside of him told him that she was lying to him...Lying to herself. After a couple of hours, he gave up on the illusion of sleep he had been trying for and he just laid there, eyes closed and breathing slowly and deeply, trying to keep his heart calm as moisture continually threatened at the corners of his eyes.

He didn't know why it affected him so much. It made absolutely no sense, logically, for him to care so greatly for the opinion of a girl he'd only met a few days prior. And yet, even at the thought that he shouldn't care, his heart ached and protested against the inventor's logical brain, making his stomach a little queasy in the process. It was all very new to him, these emotions and the sensation of loss that pervaded him as he felt a different kind of cold as he laid in the bed on his own.

Slowly, his mind began to wander, thinking of what would have happened had Lilith said yes. He envisioned them adventuring off to new, fantastic lands and meeting all sorts of creatures that he couldn't even imagine what they might be like. He pictured what the Celestial's homes must look like and thought about how she would be expelled for being with him. That thought stung him, but it didn't hurt quite as much as the thought of losing her in the romantic sense.

As Lilith spoke to the orb, it began to hum to life a little, though the energy it was giving off was at a very low frequency, being in a low powered state similar to resting. Upon rendering it's answer to her first question, the orb barely registered the second question, though the hum it gave off seemed to increase a little bit. "You should do whatever makes you happy," the orb replied simply with its metallic, high pitched voice.

Hours passed, and Silas continued to remain awake, his eyes opening and closing every now and again, feeling the lack of sleep forming bags under his eyes and inflaming the blood vessels in his grey-green orbs. His breath came shakily and slowly as he laid restlessly under a thin blanket, his body flat and still against the plush surface which he laid upon and his arms outside of the blanket, disliking to have his entire body covered. He needed her beside him so he could rest properly, a ridiculous notion to him as he'd never had any difficulty sleeping before when he'd wanted to. And yet, here he was, so very dependent on a factor outside of his control to get the rest he so desperately needed.

Silas heard a sound which might have been the door opening, but he dismissed it as his imagination, playing cruel tricks on him in his sleeplessness. She wouldn't come back to him after such a display, he was sure of it. No one would say those things only to return to the one they had harmed with her words. Though, she didn't truly mean to harm him, he thought as he continued to breathe slowly and shakily. However, his heart started to beat a little harder and faster with the thought that maybe she had come, but his mind wouldn't allow his eyes to open to see if she had come or not. He didn't want to entertain the idea in case it was a delusion and inflict even more injury upon his wounded heart.

As Lilith came closer, Silas began to feel that familiar coolness she emanated, though he had been feeling a little colder than he was used to for the last few hours and the sun had gone down, so the temperature obviously would have as well. There wasn't any possible way she had come up to see him, he persisted in his own mind. She didn't care...His words sounded disingenuous even in his mind. He couldn't bring himself to truly believe that she didn't care for him, which was why he was having such a hard time dealing with it all. What was she so guarded for? Maybe it was the fear of the unknown, of being outcast from her society to wander without a place to return to. He understood how that may make someone feel worry and cause them to feel as though their options were so very limited.

Then, Silas felt the bed begin to shift with another's weight and he felt his heart starting to beat harder and faster, making his face flush ever so slightly as he breathed shakily and deeply, trying to calm it. Why had she come back? Was it really her, or was his delusion getting that far out of hand? His mind was racing with different scenarios and reactions before he felt a familiar touch on his arm, two fingers of a pleasant coolness which he had grown far too fond of. His heart raced further as he felt the hand begin to move his arm before a feminine figure began to settle up against his body between his arm. He'd put his hand to rest on her waist as his arm wrapped around her and he squeezed softly with a shakiness that pervaded his entire body as well as his breath. He pulled Lilith towards himself, desperately needing her presence to chase away the sleeplessness that plagued him. Or at least, what he believed was Lilith.

All doubt left him, however, as he heard the familiar voice softly calling his name and the familiar hand which caressed his chin and his cheek, making him subconsciously push towards the touch. He craved the intimacy so intensely as his bleary, sleep-deprived eyes opened up, bloodshot and dull as he turned his head down towards hers. "Yes, Lilith?" Silas responded, his voice flat and a bit hoarse, though behind the suppression of emotion, there was a faint glimmer of hope in his tone, that cheerful nature of his fighting back against the smothering negativity which had perverted his mind over the last few hours. His grey-green eyes were racked with conflict and desperation and the hue betrayed the simultaneous sorrow at her words as well as the thought that she hadn't been truly honest when she'd hurt him with those terrible, callous words. Already, though, his body was beginning to warm as he shifted himself a little to make them a bit more comfortable and to draw her a little closer still to satisfy his need for her.

Lilith was worried Silas might snap at her if he had been up when she approached. She found herself hoping he’d remain sleeping and simply roll into her, and hold her, so that they could sleep there quietly in each others embrace without any explanation needed from her. She exhaled shakily as she felt his fingers grip onto her waist and she understood that he had either been awake the whole time, or he was a very light sleeper. Either way, he was conscious, and aware of her. But, then, he was holding her, not pushing her away. He was shaky, too. She felt the weight of guilt fill her chest as she caressed his cheek. She didn’t mean to hurt him so much. She was just trying to protect herself. Being vulnerable wasn’t her forte.

He pulled her closer to him, and she could feel a warmth spread through his body, even if it was barely measurable, she could feel it. He turned his head and looked at her with tired eyes, responding to her voice. She swallowed hard, trying to find the proper words to say to him. What was the right thing to say at such a time? She was sorry, that was true. But was that enough? His tone of voice seemed to make her lose courage, as well. He wasn’t happy she was there. He sounded annoyed, bothered by her, she thought. Her paranoia kept her from detecting the underlying hope that laced his words.

He shifted and pulled her closer once again. Her cheeks warmed as her body fell against him, her hand finding a place on his chest, feeling the thumping of his heart. It soothed her. She began to feel the weight of her eyes pull her closer to sleep. He was what she needed. She blinked slowly, trying to pull herself back to the present, so that she might respond to Silas. Her head began to fall heavier against him as she began to lose the battle against sleep.

“Just ask me again later,” she whispered, though she’d accidentally spoken in the soul-language she’d used with the orb earlier in the night. She was far too gone to realize what she’d even said or how she’d said it. She twisted her feet down in between his, rubbing her soft skin against his slowly. “Sleep with me.” she managed to say, though her words were so faint it was hard to know if he would hear her.

Silas could feel Lilith in ways he needed to far too much by this point and his heart beat hard and steady in his chest as he gripped her a little tighter, his shaking starting to subside as a gentle whimper of need left his throat, almost inaudible before he swallowed deep. His eyes were so tired, yet the hope that burned within him started to shine through more and more steadily as he could see how she was struggling too. How it had hurt her to do what she had done and how she felt for doing such a thing to him. She really did care, he thought, and the gray in his eyes began to steadily wash away to leave behind a dull green. He was still quite tired, so the shine in his eyes wasn't quite the same as it had been.

He could see the conflict rising within Lilith and his body turned a little bit to face her a bit more directly, his body angled a little bit against hers, though he began to push himself a little closer to her until they were almost flush together. A light shiver left his body as delight rolled through him from her presence and he bit the corner of his lip lightly as he worried about what she might say again. He didn't want to feel that pain again, but he was helpless to how he felt for her. As she began to relax her eyes closed, his own began to feel weary and heavy as well, closing slowly as his arm rest under her head, providing her with some support.

Lilith then spoke in a language that he didn't understand and his head tilted as he began to feel that familiar pain of his mind growing to accommodate a new language. However, it didn't stop with just pain as it suddenly felt as though his head were splitting and his nerves being set on fire, making him recoil a little as he gave a strained scream of agony as he placed his one hand on his head. It never hurt like this. Why did it feel like it was so deep in him? His mind began to flood with this new language, the swelling pressure coursing through him and his heart beat wildly and erratically as the pain surged through his entire existence.

He screamed out again, his voice breaking as his entire body arched, wracked with the intensity of the language surging into him and along with it, a newfound understanding of what he had been doing all this time. The symbols on his orb were in the language he was learning now...The language on her necklace was the same. His green eyes went completely white for a moment before they slammed shut, his face contorting with agony as he broke out into a cold sweat, his body being set alight in a figurative sense as the final vestiges of the language pooled in his mind. Then, it all stopped with a suddenness quicker than the blink of an eye. Silas had gone completely still, and his heart could no longer be felt beating in his chest. His mind was still alive, however, though it was separate from his physical existence for the moment, adrift in a place where no one had been in a very, very long time.

Lilith stirred from her nearing slumber as she felt the pace of his heart quicken beneath her hand. She blinked, groggily opening her eyes to see what his expression might have been. She rubbed at her eyes, trying to push away the blurriness, but he seemed to jerk away from her. Her heart throbbed with the thought of rejection, but before she could even process that, he screamed out in such a way that sounded like he’d been stabbed.

Lilith sat up as she felt him rip his hand away from her waist, watching as he grabbed onto his head, trying to fight off whatever was happening to him. Her eyes were wide with worry and she sat there, helpless in the situation. She kept her distance from him, fearful that her touch would only intensify his pain. Her eyes remained glued to him, however, trying to determine what was going on, though she honestly had no clue.

“S-Silas…?” she called to him nervously, her words shaking with concern for his well being.

He screamed a second time, sounding worse than the first. It did nothing to calm her nerves. The hairs on her arms and neck stood on end and she was quickly up on her knees, nearly lunging for him. Still, she held herself back, watching as his muscles contracted and his back arched. She watched the color drain from his eyes and a new level of fear filled her, chilling her to the very bone. This was not a cold she enjoyed.

Her hand hovered in the air, as if she wanted to reach out and touch him. Suddenly, he was silent and unmoving. Anxiety pumped straight out of her heart, flowing through her veins and crippling her in a such a way that she remained frozen in place. Lilith seemed to stop breathing, waiting for Silas to move again, but he didn’t.

Lilith uttered his name, and when he didn’t respond, she shouted it a few more times, her voice more distressed than it had ever sounded before. She finally found her ability to move, and she leapt over to him, across the bed, her body curling around his as she pulled him into her embrace. She cradled his head into the crook of her arm, stroking back his messy hair to clear his face of it.

Her other arm ran down his chest, and she noticed his lack of pulse. She shook, then, looking down at him with disbelief. What just happened? She leaned down and kissed his forehead as tears spilled down from her eyes, running down her cheeks and dropping away from her, turning into tiny gems that fell off, getting lost in the bed sheets.

Lilith grew cold; so very cold. Silas’ body began to freeze from her touch. She shook and continued to hold him, while the entire room began to ice over with frost covering the bed posts and dressers, spreading all over in a short amount of time. She continued to call out his name, her heart breaking more and more each time, the tears continuing to flow from her, now glowing, eyes.

Silas could hear Lilith calling to him faintly, though it sounded like someone calling through the water while he was deeply submerged. His mind was so very foggy here and he was having trouble understanding where he was. Suddenly, as if from nowhere, a figure made entirely of an odd cosmic energy appeared before him, its shape like staring into a void in the middle of space. The void within it was filled with stars, nebulas, galaxies, and shifted from place to place so rapidly that Silas barely had time to register what he was seeing before the next one had appeared. No words were exchanged between the two, but an understanding had been reached, somehow and Silas felt this strange place leaving his awareness before darkness claimed him entirely.

As Lilith grew cold around him and his body began to freeze, there was a sudden, intense warmth that emanated from him as a pulse echoed through the room. Thump...ump... the slow churn of his heart resounding as it suddenly switched back on. The frostbite that had begun to set into him seemed to just fade without consequence as his heart pulsed again. Thump...ump... the noise was slow and deliberate and louder than it had ever been, as if it were an engine attempting to restart itself. Color began to return to his face and his lips shifted back from the soft blue tint to the warm reddish pink they'd been before. Thump..ump...Thump..ump...Thump..ump.. his heart began to beat more frequently and the warmth of his body continued to return, his fingers twitching softly as life struggled to return to him.

Thump-ump...Thump-ump...Thump-ump...Thump-ump... his heart began beating steadily and proudly as a sudden gasp came from his mouth, eyes shooting open wide as he scrabbled back to the surface from those odd depths he had been in. Feeling Lilith's presence, Silas scrambled to grab hold of her and just squeezed her into him more intensely than he'd ever done before, his body trembling from the cold but he didn't care one bit. He had heard the heartbreak in her voice and felt her tears as she cried for him. His green eyes were still dull and tired, though there were more specks of color in them, those small little stars within his irises becoming more numerous. There were new colors now as well. Previously, where they had only been yellow, there were now larger specks of blue and both smaller and larger ones of red.

As he held her, the fingers of one of his hands reached up to her head and he began to stroke the back of it comfortingly, his other arm squeezing her as if he'd die again if he let her go. "Shhhhh...Shhhhhh...I'm here..." he spoke softly, and she could hear the disbelief and shaken tone in his voice, so very obviously distressed by what had happened, and there was a deep confusion within him as well, uncertain as to what had happened and to what he had witnessed. ~That place was...nostalgic...~ he thought to himself as he looked down at Lilith, a deep concern for her swimming at the surface of his eyes. As he held her, Lilith would notice that, as the warmth began to settle to Silas' natural temperature, he seemed a bit bigger than he had been before. Indeed, he had grown a bit more muscular, his lean figure now more athletic and fit, and his reach seemed a bit longer as well.

Lilith was beside herself with grief and didn’t hear the sound of his heart restarting over her own despair and sobbing. She couldn’t stop saying his name, either, as if it were the only word she knew. Her tired, and now puffy eyes, didn’t spot Silas’ fingers twitching back to life, either. She cradled his head, just barely rocking her body to and fro, trying to come to terms with what had transpired there in his bed. Why didn’t she just agree to be his? This was her fault. She sobbed and whimpered, suddenly more words pouring out of her as if directly from the hole in her heart.

“I will! I will be yours. Please come back. Don’t go, Silas. Don’t go!” her words were small and strained with her crying, though she wouldn't recall saying such things, if confronted later.

Silas gasped as if he’d been underwater for far too long, and had only just resurfaced. Lilith held her breath again, staring in disbelief. Was he alive? She trembled fiercely, and he pulled her over him, her frame almost going limp on top of his. He squeezed her so hard, she almost couldn’t breathe, but she didn’t care. He was there, holding her, like a small flame in a frozen room, his returning warmth thawing her heart and, in turn, the ice in the room.

Lilith’s hand wandered from Silas’ side, up to his heart, needing to feel its steady beating for herself. But as her hand glided over his skin, with his gentle shushing steadying her nerves, she felt a new ripple of muscles she hadn’t remembered being there before. Had the circumstances been different, she would have explored his body more thoroughly, feeling every inch of him against her fingertips. However, her mind found the simple, yet so complicated, beating of his heart the most important thing in her world.

Several more tears spilled down, transforming into the Glacien Gems that Celestials were known for, falling onto Silas before rolling off of onto the bed with the dozen more stones lost in the sheets.

“Where did you go-- what happened? Silas you were gone.” she rambled in more broken, sorrowful words. Her face was pressed against his neck, her other hand reaching up to his hair, spinning it idly around her fingers.

Silas had only barely heard the words she was screaming out before he took his first breath, and they were echoing in his head a bit, though he wouldn't question her on it now...Nor did he think he ever would. He just remembered what she said before, in that language that had sent him down that spiral. Ask me again later he remembered and a soft smile came to his face, an affectionate look in his eyes as he looked down at her as she sobbed. He wanted her to get it all out of her system, knowing she needed it after going through such a scare. Hell, he wanted to cry himself, but he kept it together for her sake so that she could calm down with his protective presence.

As Lilith wandered her hand over him, he shivered a little bit and bit down on his lip softly, the feel of his heart beating strongly in his chest coming to her senses as it sped up a little bit to her touch. Some things didn't change and his reaction to her touch hadn't diminished even in the slightest as he leaned his head down towards hers and began to breathe her in deeply, taking in that luxurious, calming scent she had deeply into his lungs. He felt heavier than he did before he had briefly passed, though he chalked that up to the feeling of fatigue and the shock of it all, not realizing yet that he had indeed grown heavier.

As Lilith cried, Silas could see the gems filling up his bed but he didn't care about that right now as they were so insignificant in importance to him compared to her. As she questioned him, her face pressed into his neck and her fingers began to play with his hair, making him shake a little as he pulled her in against him more, leaving no space between them as he started to stroke her back with his other hand, tracing those patterns over her skin, feeling very protective of her at this moment. She'd feel tingling against her skin as he made these patterns with his fingertips, each one tracing a different shape as he ran his hand up and down over her back slowly.

His other hand was tangling into her hair, making affectionate little paths along her scalp with his fingertips as he closed his eyes, thinking of how to answer her question. "I...I'm not sure what happened...I went somewhere...I met...Something...It felt so...Strange...So...Familiar..." he spoke softly to her, she hearing the confusion he felt in his tone as he continued to trace the sigils on her skin with his fingertips. "We need to rest, Lilith," he said to her, the confusion in his voice rapidly getting replaced with concern as he looked at her worriedly, his heart aching from how much she was hurting right now.

Once Lilith had calmed down, Silas lay down onto his back so that Lilith could make herself comfortable against him, and once she did so, both of his powerful arms would wrap around her once again. Noticing that he had an easier time touching his arms with his hands than he did before. Odd. Did she get smaller somehow? He didn't know the answer and was too tired to care, his eyes closing slowly and he drifted off into a deep and restful sleep, calmed by her lovely presence against him.

Morning came and sunlight barely trickled into the room from the drawn curtains within, he preferring there to be little light in there in case he had a late night with his studying. His chest rose and fell slowly with his deep breathing, taking in her aroma and relaxing further as his body repaired from the damage done over the last couple of days. Her presence helped him greatly, making him feel rested and rejuvenated as his eyes began to open slowly and he looked down upon her. Seeing her there on him made him smile and he gave a soft kiss to her forehead before very carefully slipping away from her, not wanting to disturb her rest as he got out of bed, stretching his previously languid muscles out and he noticed that he felt larger. The floor was further away from his head and he was heavier. His brow furrowed a little as he looked at himself in the mirror, eyes adjusted to the dim light and he gasped a bit as he saw that he had indeed gained about 15 pounds of muscle since the previous day, and a couple of inches of height. He was now 6'2" and the pants on his legs were a little higher up on his ankle now, though not too much.

Shaking his head at this revelation, he began to quietly leave the room and he went downstairs and through the living room, heading into the kitchen and humming a little bit. Silas began to cast a portal spell, one very similar to the one that Lilith had used to reach into the Celestial realm, in order to get into his ice box at home, pulling out some bacon, sausages, potatoes, eggs, and butter. He then changed the location so he could grab a loaf of bread in a paper bag, feeling it to ensure it wasn't hard yet. Then, he began to pull out a large griddle, placing it onto the stovetop and he turned on the gas burner, a spark of electricity lighting it and he smiled happily as it still functioned and he began to cook a hearty breakfast for them.

Shredding the potatoes, he rinsed them and formed them into patties that he let sit as he cooked the bacon and sausages first. Browning the sausages until they were cooked through and the casings had a lovely snap and the bacon until just barely crisp but still chewy, he set them aside on a wire rack and collected the drippings to cook the patties of potatoes and the eggs upon. The eggs he cooked until the yolks were just starting to thicken up and then he toasted slices of bread over the open flame on a different burner.

Last edited:
That night, when Silas had told Lilith they needed sleep, she couldn’t agree with him more. She fell so easily into his embrace, her hand petting his now rippling chest, fingers tracing over the indentations of his abdomen until her eyes grew heavy once again. She feared, for a while, if she fell asleep right away, Silas might slip back into the death-state he had been in. She considered how, perhaps, he hadn’t really died, even though his heart had stopped. He told her how he’d gone somewhere, and she hadn’t actually seen his soul leave his body. Although she couldn’t see reason at the time when he had slipped away, she could understand after, that something larger was at play.

As the night progressed, she recalled his story about his family, the man from the stars; Silas’ eyes, and how they seemed to hold a universe within them. Was he, too, a man from the stars? But he never claimed to be. Her hand had become more friendly with his body, and as she relaxed more, she felt that warmth fire up from between her legs. She wiggled, trying to get more comfortable without disturbing his sleep, until, she, too, managed to finally slumber, despite how distracted she had become.

Lilith stirred in the morning when Silas kissed her forehead, and as he left her, she noticed the absence of his warmth. She was so tired, being the last to fall asleep from both worry and fancy, that her head fell back against the mattress and she slumbered longer, slipping back into her dreamy state. Sleeping without him as her anchor, however, proved once again to be difficult, and as the minutes ticked forward, the Celestial tossed in the bed. Small gems from her previous crying dug into her skin, while others stuck to her from lying on them all night. Her hand ran up and down the bed, the same motion it had done when she was petting Silas, but as she realized she no longer felt him there, she launched up with fear. Her eyes, scanned the dim room, panic consuming her as her heart raced.

Lilith jumped out of the bed, her foot skidding across the floor as she landed in a puddle from the ice that melted during the night. She slid, and landed with a hard thud that could be heard from the floor below as she hit the ground, the back of her head cracking hard against the wooden leg of the table. A tool, that had been hidden under some papers on the desk, was pushed to the edge, then toppled forward, flying down right for her chest. Lilith, with a headache worse than the previous night, had no time to properly react to the danger. She couldn’t process the sharp object that shot down toward her chest, but something else had.

Her body suddenly shimmered with a soft, cosmic purple that glittered with starlight, and the tool that suddenly acted more as a weapon, bounced off of her and landed beside her on the floor. Lilith stared at her arms in disbelief. What was going on? She pushed herself up slowly, watching as the glowing began to fade, though not completely yet. She had only managed to sit upright, not yet trying to get to her feet. But then, she remembered Silas, and how he wasn’t anywhere. She pushed harder to stand up, finding her feet with weakened ankles.

As Silas was putting the finishing touches on breakfast, save for the toast, and had everything plated up nicely, he felt a shiver run up the back of his spine and neck, not a pleasant one either. "Lilith!" he called out, somehow knowing that she was in danger and he spun on his heel, the stove top having the toast on it over a low flame as he'd finished done all the other cooking. Sprinting through the living room and literally leaping across the furniture, finding it shockingly easy as he landed on the first step and pushed up it rapidly, leaping up several steps at a time as the adrenaline pumped through him. His muscles were rippling with strength, more intense now with his new bulk and the flood of chemicals coursing through his veins as he sensed she needed him. "Lilith!" Silas called out with worry as he erupted through the door like a battering ram and seeing her on the floor, struggling to rise.

"What in the hell happened?" he asked her with concern deep in his voice and in his vibrant green eyes, rushing towards her as he asked this and he reached under her with both of his arms and he lifted her off the ground with even more ease than he'd done so before. It was odd, but he felt as though he'd been hit in the back of the head when he asked her that question, and he softly lifted one of his hands to the back of her head and gently touched where she had struck it, his brow furrowing.

She felt so very light to him at the moment, and she noticed that he almost lost his footing and fell backwards himself as he'd miscalculated the amount of effort he'd need to lift her and had to take a step back to steady his body. He smelled of the smoky, savory smell of the breakfast that he'd been cooking as he held her close to him and he tilted his head at her. As she explained to him that she had slipped, she saw a brief flicker of amusement take to his eyes before concern returned to them in full. "Are you alright? You hit your head pretty badly," he said softly as he gently touched the spot where she'd fallen again, not noticing that he was supporting her entire weight with just his one arm.

As he held her up and he felt that she was relatively alright, he started to breathe a little easier and the tension he'd felt a moment before started to fade and he looked at her with warmth and affection in his eyes. "I...I made us some food," he said to her softly as he began to carefully set her to her feet, seeing if her ankles were steady enough to support her weight. Noting a slight wobble to her ankles, he would put his arm under one of hers and she would suddenly feel almost weightless, though she would notice that he was exerting nearly no effort with his one arm in order to cause such a feeling in her.

Silas then began to help her down to the dining room, the smell of burnt bread in the air as he'd left the bread over the burner for a bit too long by this point and he gave a little bit of a sigh as he bit his lip. "I'll toss that and make some new pieces," he said to himself, not really wanting to eat burnt toast as he didn't have a stomachache and that was about the only time when he would. As he got her to the dining room table, he set her down into a seat and looked at her with a deeply affectionate gaze before going back to the kitchen and he swiped up the pieces of burnt bread after turning off the burner and began to make two fresh pieces, setting the burnt pieces aside.

Before long, Silas had nicely toasted the bread and buttered it, slicing them into wedges and placing them onto the plates with the rest of the food he'd lovingly created. He then walked back into the dining room, a plate in each hand as he looked to her with warmth in his eyes. "I'm hoping you enjoy this," he said softly as he put a plate before her and then set another plate on the table, leaving to grab a fork and knife for each of them and then remembered that they didn't have anything to drink, either. Casting the portal spell again, he reached into his ice box and pulled out a pitcher of orange juice, pulling it out and grabbing a couple of glasses before heading back into the room. Huh...He hadn't thought about it before, but he used to have to use one of his devices in order to cast that spell.

As Lilith was in the process of standing, Silas’ voice caught her ears, and instantly she felt relief wash over her. She looked over to him with such adoration in her eyes, then sighed, feeling the dread leave her, only left with the throbbing pain in her head. Silas scooped her up, and his own footing seemed questionable as he stumbled back. But, he quickly caught himself, and Lilith clung to him with her arms latched onto his neck, though not from fear. The purple that looked like a glowing aura around her pulsed quickly around her before disappearing, as if it absorbed into her skin, but Lilith seemed far too distracted to notice.

She hugged Silas closely, ignoring the pain. “Silas!” she said his name with such joy as she held onto him tightly. “You’re-- You’re okay.” she mumbled into his neck. She breathed in, smelling the smoke and aromas of foods he’d been working on. She’d never smelled something more delicious, but maybe it was just because the scent was on him.

Silas looked as though he still wanted to know what happened and she looked away, avoiding eye contact as she quickly mumbled something about slipping. It wasn’t a graceful thing to do, and certainly not something normal for a Celestial. She should have instantly frozen herself into one spot, but, she was so worried Silas was gone; worried that something had happened to him and she was somehow too late.

He touched the back of her head, and she wondered how he knew so precisely where she had been hurt. She hadn’t mentioned it to him. Her scalp was tender, but there was no blood, luckily. Lilith, slightly blushing from embarrassment after admitting how she had fallen, felt a different sort of warmth fill her as Silas pulled her against him. He wasn’t wearing a shirt, and she could see clearly how defined his body suddenly was. He held her with only one arm, and yet, he didn’t have a single invention attached to his body. She wasn’t certain, but the last time he’d carried her, she thought he’d had help from his tools, or maybe magic. But now she sensed nothing, because he seemed so unaware of himself, and so in the moment.

She felt his warm hands against the back of her thigh, very near her more intimate parts. She looked at herself in his arms, his shirt just barely covering her womanhood, her legs exposed and feet daintily pointing downward. She remembered how she never had any undergarments on after the bath, and although Silas had washed and touched every bit of her the precious day, her face grew redder than before, realizing just how close his hand was. “I-- I’m fine. You can put me down!” she huffed, though she hadn’t truly meant to. She bit her lip nervously as she looked away.

Silas mentioned food as he set her down, and Lilith softly moaned at the idea of food. She hadn’t realized how starving she was until she’d smelled him, and he mentioned it. They didn’t have a real chance to eat, and she was feeling weak in general. Her earlier headache was likely due to being hungry, she realized as she wobbled.

Very attentive to her, Silas wrapped an arm under her and she felt all the weight leave her ankles. She may as well have been floating. He’d become so strong. Her hand caressed the part of his arm she could reach, and she shivered, squeezing her legs together, causing a rush of sensations to travel up into her center.

As the two entered the open area, Lilith could smell the burning toast, and the smell caused her to wrinkle her nose. She heard Silas mumble something about it, and she felt guilty that she’d caused him to burn something he was making. He seemed less concerned, though, and helped her sit down at the table.

Silas disappeared into the kitchen, and Lilith spent her time running her finger through the dust on the table, writing things in Celestial, and making little faces. He came back, eventually, with two plates in hand. As he set hers in front of her, she stared at it curiously. She’d never had a meal like this before, because she rarely ate the foods of other realms. But the smells, aside from the burning, were amazing. She lowered her face to get closer to the food, then inhaled deeply with her nose. Her eyes closed with pleasure and she leaned back in the chair.

“It smells amazing.” she said, though her attention was back on him. She couldn’t help but stare, but she soon blushed again and looked back to the plate. Why did she find him so attractive now? She liked him before but now she wanted to touch him even more than before. She wondered what that meant about her character, because she didn’t mean to seem so shallow. She reached for the fork he’d brought, and watched curiously as he cast a portal and retrieved a pitcher of orange liquid.

Lilith tilted her head and stared at him. “Silas, something is very different. I mean, with you. You’re different.” she said, stabbing at her egg and looking close to startled as the yolk poured out and around the plate. She looked up at him, noting he wasn’t concerned, then continued to poke at the food, loading the fork up before taking a large bite. She sighed with pleasure as the flavors filled her mouth and she closed her eyes happily as she chewed her food, swallowing it.

“This is incredible.” she told him with a genuine smile on her face.

Silas smiled warmly at the look of adoration Lilith had given him as he came into the room, and as he scooped her up, he almost felt her relief as his own as he held her up so easily. It wasn’t the foremost thing in his mind, but he did remember that she was unclothed underneath that shirt of his and a light blush had spread across his face. Her arms had latched around his neck and he noticed a familiar-feeling purple energy that coalesced back into her, thinking that he’d left some kind of mark on her. Remembering his sigils, he started to piece together what he’d been absentmindedly doing this whole time when he was affectionately touching her skin.

As she hugged him and breathed him in, she would notice that the vanilla scent of his was a little stronger than it had been previously, though it was still just a hint of it underlying his other masculine aromas. All of which was covered up by the slightly more overpowering smell of freshly cooked food, which his stomach was already rumbling at the thought of consuming.

As Lilith looked over his body, she would notice that his muscles were strongly corded under his skin, lashed to the bone like tight ropes mooring a ship and they seemed to ripple and bulge with each movement. He’d not been this muscular in his entire life, and the sensation was quite odd to him as it had quite literally happened overnight. However, she didn’t seem to mind that change...In fact, she seemed to be even more intrigued by him, now. This made him smirk a little and chuckle, thinking of how she swooned for him every time he was protective and how he appeared much more capable as a protector now. That had to be the reason for her leering now.

Silas noticed how close his hand was to her inner thighs and more so how she’d begun to get a little coquettish about it, though she seemed far more embarrassed by it than anything. She requested he’d put her down, a bit more sternly than she may have meant it, though Silas didn’t take any offense to the way she spoke. It was merely a quirk of her personality, and it was one that he was rather beginning to enjoy.

As Silas came into the room with the orange juice and cutlery, a warm and happy smile spread across his face as he watched Lilith practically drooling over her plate. “I’m glad you like the smell of it so much...I just wanted to make it up to you for what happened last night...Not that I needed to make it up to you or anything...I just thought that...Well...There was so much emotion and I briefly stopped existing in such a way that I was in this far away place...And then I came back and you were so upset and crying…” his voice wavered as he spoke of this, just the recollection of her pain making him slightly dejected and bothered.

He then thought to answer her statement about him being different, looking down upon himself and giving a slow nod of affirmation. “Yes...I am quite different...I’m taller...I’m stronger...And something weird happened in that place...I saw...Someone...Or something, rather...A shape...And...I think it was me…? At least...It felt like me...But it also didn’t at the same time...If that makes any sense?” as he spoke, his brow furrowed with concentration and frustration as he tried to think of how to explain it and also tried to recall it more clearly, however, the entire happening seemed like a strange, distant dream right now and he was having difficulty calling it to his mind with any clarity. His green eyes were intensely lit, however, and the colored specks in his eyes were whirling with activity, looking like little flares were sparking off of the sides of the stars.

However, he stopped, seeing her take her first bite and beginning to chew, Silas sat down and leaned a bit towards her as he awaited for her to render a verdict as to her enjoyment of his cooking. He wanted her to like it so much, and the way her face changed as she ate made him begin to beam happily, the frustration melting away from his face as his brows perked up from his big grin, the corners of his eyes wrinkling a little.

“I’m so glad you like it!” he said happily as his eyes flashed brightly, the verdant hues lively and energetic as he began to pour them each a glass of the orange juice he’d pulled out, it having a lovely chill to it from the ice box as he pushed a glass over next to her plate. He took a sip of the orange juice, relishing in the tart and sweet flavor of it before starting to dig in to his own plate. She’d see him use the toast to sop up some of the runny egg yolk, shoving the sodden corner into his mouth and biting it off happily before chewing. He’d cut up some of the sausage, and scoop it up with a bit of the hash brown potatoes, and eat that as well. He took large bites, but each one he chewed deliberately and slowly, relishing in the flavors and the way they interacted.

It’d been far too long since he’d had a nicely cooked breakfast, and longer still since he’d enjoyed it with someone he genuinely cared for. As he ate, he’d find himself occasionally staring longingly and lovingly at Lilith, the stars in his eyes smoldering as his very soul burned for her.

Lilith wondered which part of the night Silas meant when he spoke of making it up to her. She still regretted the words she’d said, and dreaded the idea that they could have been some of the last real memories he’d carry over with him into death. She swallowed a mouthful of food as she stared at her plate. She seemed a little lost in thought. There was so much she needed to process, but her splitting head was making it hard to concentrate, as well as hard to chew.

Lilith reached for the glass of the juice he’d poured for her, poking at the glass with a single digit. She chilled it in such a way that the beverage became more of a slush inside and the glass itself was misting from the cool. She then picked it up and drank, allowing the cold flakes of orange to cover her tongue. Her teeth clenched and her cheeks puckered a little from the taste, she hadn’t realized it was going to be tart, but she rather liked it.

Silas explained his strange spiritual journey to her, and Lilith tried to recall tales of anything similar to compare it to. She wanted to help, but the things he said sounded so bizarre, had she not been there to see his soul never leave his body, she would think it was all some delusion of a dying man. But, even though she did believe him, she couldn’t imagine where he had gone. It sounded like a different dimension, but she was familiar nearly all of those, as was expected of any Celestial.

She watched him eat, noting the changes that continued to happen within his eyes. She wanted to know more about them, and why they looked like they held universes within them, but she wasn’t even sure he knew anything about it at all. She thought about other strange things that she had seen, like the purple aura.

“I wish I knew more, so that I could help you.” she offered with a pitiful shrug. Her shoulders dropped as her posture softened, and Lilith sighed as she placed a hand over her eye. She wanted to keep eating but everything hurt. She wanted to talk, but it was growing more difficult to do. “My head just really hurts.” she muttered as she gripped onto her fork so tight her knuckles were turning white. Lilith could handle many forms of pain. Headaches were not any of those forms. She turned into a helpless puddle of a girl whenever her head hurt, and now was not an exception to that.

Last edited:
Silas could sense the confusion in her as he spoke of making it up to her, seeing on her face the curiosity and he cleared his throat a little bit. His eyes appeared as though he had something to say to her, though he waited for the time being as it also appeared as though she may not be entirely well. As she chewed, he watched as her eyes continued to remain lost, distant in a way that made him think she’d had a lot to think about. However, he continued to eat slowly, happy to be sharing such a meal with the person he cared for so affectionately and deeply. His gaze of affection was slowly shifting to one of concern as her pain was starting to become palpable in the air.

Watching on again as she dipped her finger into the orange juice, he gave an amused chuckle as she turned the beverage into a slushy drink, thinking to himself that such a thing was a fantastic, marketable idea for if he ever got back to inventing. Why hadn’t anyone else thought of that yet? Frozen juice drinks? How quaint. She then proceeded to down it and Silas watched on with amusement as her face puckered to the tart flavor of the orange. He imagined that she’d not experienced much of the food the realms had to offer, as he always heard tales that the Celestials were so very careful when it came to doing much of anything in the realms outside of their own. At least, when it came to allowing any such thing to affect them in any way.

Lilith seemed to be perplexed by his story as he relayed it to her as best as he could manage, his brow furrowing a bit as he wondered briefly if he hadn’t explained it to her well enough. His heart was racing a little bit at the mere thought of what had happened to him, making his skin a little flush as his blood pressure increased. He decided to take a few deep, smooth breaths in order to bring himself back to an even point and then a few more to relax himself further.

As Lilith gazed into his eyes, she would see how the stars within seemed a bit more clear, there being radiant beams streaking off of them and shifting as if they were actual stars in his eyes of varying colors, there being an occasional tiny loop jetting off of one or several at a time. It seemed like the stars reacted to his emotional status, flaring and becoming more active as his mind and heart did.

“You needn’t worry about such things. I’m sure we’ll figure it all out in due time,” Silas responded warmly and supportively, trying to ease her mind as he looked at her with care and worry. ‘My head just really hurts.” she said to him, and his face contorted to a look of greater concern. He didn’t know too much about the physiology of a Celestial, but he imagined a headache was a very bad thing to them, as they were to humans. His eyes cast to her fingers as she gripped her fork so tightly that the color drained from her digits and he reached out to replace the small utensil with his large, comforting hand. “I wish your head didn’t hurt,” he responded to her, speaking in that Soul-language she had been speaking before. For some reason, the language resonated from him with power and meaning and tendrils of cosmic purple began to seep from his hands and began to dance along her skin, weaving a path up her arm as they coalesced like a column of smoke rising along her delicate arm. The mist-like energy continued along its journey as it drifted along her shoulder before winding up her neck and then seeping into her nose and mouth as she breathed. As it entered her, it would feel like a part of him was drawn into her, a comforting part, one that wished to take her pain and numb it. Indeed, as more of it spread into her, the less severe the pain in her head became. The cosmic hue even tasted and smelled of him as it entered into her, the final strands of the tendrils drawing its way into her nose as if pulled in by the rest, quelling the last of the hateful nerves which were causing her strife.

Silas felt a bit of a connection from that energy which flowed into her, it briefly feeling like he had a better insight into her before it faded away as the energy accomplished his will. Feeling now was an appropriate time to speak up, Silas bit the corner of his lip before drawing his eyes up towards hers. “I’m sorry for scaring you like that...With my heart stopping and all,” he clarified the statement he made earlier quietly, it shaking him to think about how easily it could have just ended for him at that moment. Especially with the way things had been left, he certainly felt as though his passing would have been restless. His hand squeezed softly onto hers as he held onto it as though he didn’t wish to let go, though his stomach was still not pleased with the amount of food it had received and gave a gentle grumble of discontent. Slowly, he allowed his hand to withdraw from hers and he picked up his fork once more to continue eating at a much more deliberate pace than before.

Noticing that she wasn’t eating still, he stopped for a moment and looked at her with renewed concern. “Lily...You need to eat...I think, so please...Continue with me?” he asked her with a sweet, warm tone, his eyes radiating his concern to her as the stars in his eyes became more active, each one lighting up brightly when he called her Lily. He seemed to like that pet name, it making him smile a bit when he’d said it.

Lilith winced, closing her eyes, trying to shut out the pain that was coming with the light. The gentle sensation of Silas moving her fingers to open and pull away her fork, startled her slightly, and she opened her eyes as she loosened her hand, finding the warmth from his palm touching hers. She smiled softly, forgetting her discomfort for the moment, enjoying his tenderness and soothing voice. Even as Silas spoke in such a way, she was beginning to find that there was a sensual tone he naturally carried, and she rather enjoyed hearing him talk. Even the rambling was a little cute, though she’d never tell him that.

With a tilt of her head, Lilith stared at Silas in utter confusion. Why did he know the Soul-Language? That was a dead language, and only Celestials that dealt with souls, like she did, ever picked up on such a thing. It came with the traits she was born with. Many other Celestials could not speak it, even after hearing it more than once. So, then, why was Silas fluent? She almost pulled her hand away as suspicion filled her chest with anxiety. Had he tricked her somehow?

Her eyes widened with alarm as she watched the purple essence form around his hands and move toward her. However, as soon as the wisps of purple touched her arm, she felt an instant sense of calming warmth seeping into her skin. Her eyes began to close from the intense level of relaxation, but she kept them open just enough to watch as the mist traveled further up her arm. As it carried such feelings upward, twisting around her neck, she could no longer keep her eyes open, and she tilted her chin back as the essence entered her, filling her with its scent and flavor. The tension in her neck, shoulders and head all began to ease, and Lilith sunk her weight into the back of her chair, almost looking as if she were asleep.

As if she could sense he wanted to speak, Lilith slowly opened her eyes, blinking in the light without the feeling of daggers stabbing at the back of her skull. She allowed her eyes to focus on Silas, the normal icy blues now sporting a thin ring of purple around their pupils. He apologized for scaring her, and she wondered why he’d gone back to that subject again. She was still in a bit of a trance from him, and couldn’t connect the dots very well. She was far more interested in all of the purple things she’d been seeing. She couldn’t have been imagining it all, right? The aura around her, the mist that stole away her headache; such things were far too crazy to simply hallucinate into existence. Than again her head did really hurt before…

He took his hand away, and as Silas continued to enjoy his breakfast, Lilith stared off, though she didn’t seem to be looking at anything in particular, and tried to process what had just happened to her. She must have been quite still for a while, because Silas spoke to her again, only this time, calling her a name she had never heard before. “... Lily?” she repeated softly, perhaps not understanding the idea of a nickname, or even terms of endearment in general. Names weren’t very important back where she came from, simply what job was tasked to an individual, and what their number was. They all had numbers imprinted on them, and that was what mattered for identification. Names were chosen at random, if anything, to make greetings shorter than listing off a bunch of numbers to one another in passing. “M-me..?” she asked, pointing to herself.

She found her fork again, this time really eating her food, trying to imitate the way that Silas at things off of his plate, pairing foods together and chewing with purpose as she tasted the different flavors that lent themselves to each other. Her focus was primarily set to her plate as she began to clean it, though she occasionally glanced over to Silas and his sparkling eyes. She swallowed a bite, then after washing it down with more of the orange tartness, she chose to say something. “Silas, how long have you had stars in your eyes?” Maybe they were always there and she hadn’t taken the time to see them. He spent a lot of time with weird covers over his face that made him look like a bug-man.

Silas responded with no knowledge of what she was talking about causing her to wrinkle her nose. He then mentioned her own eyes, and she seemed just as baffled as he had been. Something was going on, and apparently the both of them needed to take a good long look in the mirror.

Lilith finished up the last few bites remaining on her plate, then inhaled deeply, feeling full and satisfied. She could very well just curl up and go back to sleep. If all the humans ate like this, she could now understand why so many of them were so lazy. She wore a big smile on her face, not realizing it, and then blushed as Silas looked at her before telling her she could go back upstairs while he cleaned. She may have offered to help him, had she not turned bright red. The crimson Celestial gave a slight bow of her head to Silas, turning to go toward the stairs, then paused, turning as he stood. She did notice his height, he was quite a bit taller. She quickly rushed over to him, grabbing onto his neck, pulling him down to her so that she could kiss his cheek, before finally running off, leaving him to the dishes.

Lilith found herself in the bathroom, staring into the mirror. She did, indeed, have some purple in her eyes. She squinted, blinked, and did just about anything else with her eyes to see if the color would go away, but it looked permanent, at least for the time. Her expression softened, and as she steadily breathed, she made her eyes glow, and she watched the eerie blue mix with that cosmic purple in the center, making them seem far more enticing than intimidating. But, hopefully that wasn’t the case. She relied on her ability to intimidate others when she traveled. Now what would she do? She blinked, looking away from the mirror as the glow faded away. “I guess… Silas could…” she mumbled half of a thought to herself before walking over to a cabinet in the bathroom, using her portal spell on it, same as before. If they were going to do anything that day, she should probably be wearing more than just a large shirt, even if she did enjoy the way she felt in it.

Silas watched on as the cosmic purple tendrils snaked their way into Lilith and her body seemed to relax as though she were falling asleep. Hell, she looked like she was completely out as she sank into the chair, which made Silas grin slowly with a twinkle in his eyes. He was quite amused by how easily it seemed she could be set at ease. However, the fact that the pained expression had left her face gave him great joy and comfort. A large, beaming smile greeted Lilith as she opened her eyes to him, his green, starry hues flaring with affection as she brought her eyes up to meet him. He noticed a curiosity, however, as he saw that her eyes were a little different than before, though he hadn’t looked closely enough to discern what that was in this moment.

Silas was amused once again as Lilith spoke, questioning the nickname he had given her with a lack of understanding present in her voice. She then gestured to herself and retorted ‘Me?’ as he looked upon her with warmth in his eyes, the corners wrinkled with his bemused smile. “Yes...You. Humans sometimes give each other a nickname in order to show their affection for the person...It’s like how you would name something in a unique way in order to signify the bond you have with it, as humans tend to do. It’s a term of endearment. I-I hope you don’t mind it,” he replied this explanation with a twinkle in his eyes, the smooth depth in his voice conveying his affinity for her with his tone.

As Lilith began once more to take up her fork and mount her assault upon the breakfast he had created, Silas smiled happily as he saw her eating with renewed fervor. She even began to mimic the way he’d been combining foods on his fork to enjoy the combination of flavors in his mouth. Her focus like a laser as she moved through the contents of her plate, though after a while, she picked up her orange drink and took a sip of it. Silas would do the same as she did, pausing in his own eating in order to do so. She asked a question at this which made him gasp on his orange juice a bit and he sputtered it into the cup and gave a few coughs to clear his throat. “Stars in my eyes? What are you talking about…? They’re just green...Always have been,” he said softly, having not looked in the mirror since his transformation had begun. However, he did note that he was growing taller and brawnier, and he surmised it may be possible that he was transforming due to her influence. He didn’t understand truly what was going on within himself.

At this, Silas began to take a closer note of her eyes, even leaning forward a little towards her as the stars in his eyes flared with curiosity. Looking deep into her icy hues, he noticed a band of the same cosmic purple, though perhaps a touch lighter, had begun to form around her pupils. “But...I know that your eyes didn’t have a purple ring around the pupil...Did you do something to them?” he asked her with a quizzical expression on his face, his brow furrowed slightly with thought and inquisitiveness as he began to settle himself back into his chair to tuck into the last few bites of his breakfast. He cleared his throat with the last of his orange juice, giving a satisfied sigh after as his stomach felt completely sated from such an incredible meal.

As Lilith sat there, beaming so happily from content, Silas' eyes lit up and a large, happy smile took hold on him, his bright white teeth showing between his soft rouge lips. “Lily,” he called her again as his gaze focused in an almost smolder upon her, his voice having a bit of a sultry quality to it. “Perhaps you should go get dressed while I attend to the washing up here?” he suggested to her as he took in a little of her shape in that oversized shirt of his. He was going to miss seeing those lovely thighs of her so much, he thought as he bit the inside of his lip subtly. As crimson took hold of the Celestial girl’s face, Silas couldn’t help but give a low chuckle, enjoying how bashful she could be at times. She bowed her head to him in a respectful way and he returned the gesture, though he placed a hand on his stomach to do so. A reflex of his noble upbringing, to be certain.

As she went off, Silas stood there where he could see her still from the doorway, and as she looked back upon him, she would catch him staring at her as she was leaving. As he’d not expected her to turn, there would be a look on his face that he’d not shown very much as he didn’t wish to betray too much intensity. However, he was looking upon her form with an intense longing, almost pining for her as she moved away from him. He did his best to clear his expression when he noticed her looking, starting to avert his gaze a little as she came over towards him and grabbed onto his neck. A shocked gasp left his mouth before a warmth rushed to meet her lips as she kissed him on the cheek, his skin flushing pink as he gave a very delighted chuckle. He would give her a kiss in return, planting his warm lips against her cheek with ravenous affection as his arm wrapped around her shoulder briefly.

As she ran off again, his eyes sparkled intensely as his heart thumped within his chest, amazed at how this lovely girl could make him feel so much. Gathering up the dishes from the table and stovetop, he went to the sink and began to draw hot water into it and rinsed the foodstuffs from the surfaces before applying some soap to a coarse cloth which he used to scrub them clean. It took him a few minutes and as he rinsed the plates off to a glossy sheen, he could see his reflection within, though it was distorted from the lack of a mirrored surface underneath the pool of water. He could, however, make out that his green eyes had points of light within them, red, blue, yellow, and white, and each looked like a brilliant little star. As he looked, curiosity intensified within him, and he could see the radiant tendrils of the stars reaching outwards within his verdant hues. This was certainly a shocking development to him as he’d never witnessed any such thing as this, despite all of his tinkerings and inventing.

Grabbing another towel, Silas dried the dishes off and began to place them back within their designated cabinets in the kitchen. A deep sigh left him as he thought intensely on what was happening to him and to her. He hoped it was nothing which would lead them to harm in the future. He didn’t like that thought. Finished with his chore, Silas began to walk upstairs slowly, giving himself ample time to think and Lilith time to change. As he came up to the landing at the top of the stairs, he glanced to the left to see Lilith in the bathroom, having changed into a cute and beautiful dress of white, blues and purples. Gold lined the edges of the dress and her sleeves, and a gilt blue ribbon in a lovely bow just below her breast, drawing his attention there to the fabric. The dress had a ruffled slip underneath, and the sleeves flared out at her wrists and had this wavy quality to the hem. The edge of the dress had little golden stars hanging from it, and the sight of Lilith in such a fine piece of clothing took his breath away.

“You certainly have some lovely clothes...Fitting for such a beautiful woman,” he said to her with warm intensity as he came over towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist. “You wouldn’t happen to have another pair of clothes that would suit me, would you?” he asked her as he pressed his still bare upper body against her. As she turned back towards the cabinet, she cast that spell that she did before and Silas could feel a different kind of energy coming through the portal, it being a different realm from the one she had accessed for herself.

As she handed the clothes to him, Silas simply stepped back away from her and didn’t consider modesty as he stripped the pants he’d been wearing from his lower body, exposing his now toned and muscular legs to her as well as his semi-flaccid manhood. He did find her quite attractive, after all. Making haste, he pulled on the garb and fastened everything he needed in order to have himself appropriately dressed. Looking upon himself in the mirror, he smiled at the choice she had made for him. A cream-colored, long-sleeved button-up shirt sat underneath of a white formal vest with blue stripes, which had a folded lapel which outlined the long collar of the undershirt which rose to just under his chin and was tied with a thin piece of black fabric. Straps of black rest just below his shoulders on the undershirt, making the fabric bunch up a little there and accentuate the newly broadened shoulders of his. A chain attached to a blue flower that rests at the bottom of his lapel, tucking into a pocket on the left side of the vest with a whirring mechanical pocket watch tucked within. The face of the watch was briefly illegible to him before the flood of language came to him as he looked upon the foreign alphabet on the face. He tucked it back into his pocket, the device being useless on a plane with a different scale of time, though he may be able to modify it in order to suit his needs here. The vest had a ruffled waist at the bottom, the thin, textured fabric being of the same blue that the stripes were composed of. His legs were tucked into white pants which hugged the muscles in his calves and thighs, displaying his more masculine physique and two large pockets of blue fabric sat on either side of his hips, with black buttons holding them shut. His feet were dressed in long, black boots which reached up to the middle of his thigh, a patterned blue and white fabric between the leather of the boots and the linen of his pants. The boots had a white heel and black buttons going up his ankles and a black sole which was thick enough to be useful in combat, he thought.

Silas would pick up his arcane implements from the ground in the bathroom, having left them within as he’d been distracted by Lilith’s beautiful physique. He’d pull his glove on and then a glove from the outfit, the black material of the glove edged with a blue pattern at his wrist, fastened with another onyx button, and his arcane gauntlet shimmered a little before taking on a similar appearance to the other. He slipped his scepter into the pocket on his right-hand side and his circlet around the collar, just overtop the strip of fabric that went around his neck. Once fully prepared for a new day, Silas smiled at Lilith before remembering that he should brush his teeth when enough time had passed after eating. He’d always been told to brush an hour after, and he stuck to that routine fairly well.

Silas knew there was something he wanted to discuss with her, his mind coming back to focus after having been so taken aback by Lilith’s stunning appearance. “Ah, the necklace!” he exclaimed out loud, blurting his thought into the air as he walked back towards Lilith with a brisk stride. “Did you know that your necklace is written in that language you spoke to me yesterday? The one I spoke this morning?” he spoke in Celestial to her, as he looked at her intensely and then lifted the necklace up to study it once again with careful fingers. “Within this vessel, those who have fallen are ferried...Upon the hearts of my trusted ones, their souls shall be carried…Into the realm of light which I carved out for thee...Return once more to the Aether and be forever free,” he recited the incantation in the Soul-Language this time, and the necklace began to shine almost blindingly with radiance as he spoke, his voice resonating with a deep and ancient power which she could sense was the same as what was carried within the necklace. The light would gradually fade after he had finished reciting the incantation and she could feel, somehow, that the necklace felt...rejuvenated in some way.

There was a dampness that filled the air of the bathroom, undoubtedly from the piles of soaking clothing and opened bottles of soaps that now littered the floor. Before Lilith dressed herself, draping her chosen attire on what dry surface she could find, she started to pick up the clothing off of the floor, first piling them into the tub. At least in there, the water had a proper place to go. She dropped item after item down, setting aside Silas’ equipment on a cleared space on the floor carefully. She allowed her mind to drift back to their time in the room, feeling the sensations of both pleasure and excitement flow up her body like a waterfall spilling up in the wrong direction. She smiled softly to herself, then knelt down, taking a moment to really observe the inventions, she was fairly sure he had made himself, in a way she hadn’t bothered to before.

As her hand reached, first, for his circlet, she noted the flawless silver shine to it. She grabbed it gently with two fingers and her thumb, worried she might break it. She felt it bend a little, then paused, staring at it with intent eyes. It felt like it was supposed to bend, and she had seen him move the piece from his neck to the top of his head several times already, giving it new shape each time. She looked over at the door, being sure Silas wasn’t there to see her, then placed the circlet on her own head. She began to full a hum that seemed to press into her skull, and although it was of magical essence and not painful, she quickly removed it, placing it back on the floor with the word, ‘nope,’ replaying over and over. The purple that only graced her eyes with slivers of that cosmic color around her pupils fanned out around more of her eyes, as if the mist had awakened inside of her, but retreated again when she stopped her interaction with it. Lilith recalled the booming voice that felt like her eardrums would burst, and she suspected that circlet was the culprit, and she didn’t want to risk feeling like that again. Why would he even want to talk so loudly?

Her fingers wiggled as she hovered over the next object, a scepter. It was crafted from a dark wood with even darker lines from the tree’s lifetime weaving through the ebony. She gripped it, feeling the same humming of magic as before, though perhaps stronger resting in her hand that on her head as the circlet had. The energy flowed up her arm, giving her a buzzing sensation that made her body feel like she was being powered up by something foreign to her. Again, her eyes began to swirl and spiral with the purple hue of Silas’ essence. It, however, did not affect her vision.The scepter held some weight to it, from the wood to the silver pummel and tarnished silver hawk that looked in flight at the top of it. Lilith swung the weapon forward in a few direction, careful not to hit anything or activate any power from it. It felt nice in her hand, though a bit too large for her smaller grip. Silas did have big hands.

As she thought of his hands, her eyes were drawn to gauntlet on the ground. She swapped out the scepter, grabbing the black on offset-black, metal glove, trimmed with a silver that tied it in with his other tools, finding it far lighter than she had imagined it would be. This object had the largest amount of power to it and Lilith understood clearly now that these things were all made by his hand, and for his hand (literally in this instance). Her fingertips glided along the cold metal, finding the intricate etchings under her touch that caused her skin to tingle and hair to stand up from the coursing power. By this point, the purple in her eyes had not only taken over her entire iris, but also glowed without her knowledge. She felt the urge to slide the gauntlet over her hand, even though she knew it was much too large, it felt more like it was pleading her to wear it. She bit her lip, fighting to set the item down before its desires for her consumed her and overtook her will.

The last thing of Silas’ that she almost missed was a tool belt. She had nearly gathered that up with his old clothing, but there was a heft to it that caused her pause enough to investigate. She snooped through the pouch, finding his weird copper spectacles that she’d seen him wear before. Those were by far the strangest looking things he used. She pulled out the goggles, fiddling with them, noting that they too sported a silver trim. She held them in front of her eyes as she shifted through the tinted lenses that made the world around her light up in several different ways. Lilith’s head flinched backwards at the odd sights she’d never expected to see, and placed them back where she’d gotten them before she found herself with another headache. Her eyes were thankful to only see the world with one view.
With Silas’ belongings all piled up together neatly, Lilith resumed her tidying, putting the colored bottles, less full now, back where she’d found them after replacing the caps. She was relieved to know that after inspecting his things, though without permission, there were not traces of soul-linking magics. She wasn’t sure what she would have done had she discovered all of his items were crafted by using spirits. She never wanted to feel that kind of betrayal from Silas, and luckily, he was genuine, as far as she could tell. Lilith typically had a good intuition when it came to people and their inner thoughts, desires, and the parts they tried to hide from the world. But there was still mystery to him she didn’t understand. What was the astral power that surfaced within him?

Lilith walked to the tub, leaning forward as she reached a hand over the wet clothing. She drew the moisture out of the clothing, turning the floating droplets into icy shards that moved toward her hand, phasing into her palm like they were being absorbed into her body. She took some time with this, the pressure in the room shifting with her own ability as her hair fluttered around her from the invisible essence. The entire room swelled with drops of water, some fat, some small, all freezing into flurries around her that did the same as the previous shards. Feeling more satisfied with the look of the room, Lilith began to undress, undoing the shirt that belonged to the man she was growing quite fond of. With each button she unfastened, she imagined Silas undressing her instead, unable to resist the thoughts that flooded her mind. It was becoming more difficult for her to convince herself that she shouldn’t be with him. But, she still had a mission she needed to complete.

Lilith sighed softly then took Silas worn out shirt off, hanging it on a hook she’d noticed on the wall. She then began to dress herself, first sliding a pair of white, laced panties up her legs, properly covering herself. With a bra to match, she moved her hair to the front, over her left shoulder, and fastened that as well, feeling the support she preferred to have with her larger breasts. In this state, a letter and number on the back of her neck was exposed, reading, ‘L838.’ Most Celestials wore their hair long, intentionally, to cover up their identifications, though those with smaller numbers always seemed more inclined to show off, Lilith thought.

She slid into her slip, ruffled and white, reaching just near the top of her thighs, then went to pulling the starlit, ombré blue-to-purple dress over her curved frame. The dress was form fitting, complimenting her breasts and the hourglass form of her waist and hips. Golden stars hung down from the trim of her dress, reminding her more of Silas’ eyes than her own people. A nearly transparent jacket was the last touch to her outfit, fitted with a small bow in the front, and a much larger and longer one in the back. Her outfit was trimmed in gold, but after playing with all of Silas’ things, she wished it had been silver instead.

Lilith straightened her hair back the way she normally wore it, wishing she had a simple circlet she could wear on her own head. She disliked how heavy and regal looking the normal ones Celestials wore were, and didn’t bother to bring one with her. She glanced back over to Silas’ circlet that lay on the ground, half considering trying it on in front of the mirror, but stopped as she noticed the tall figure that stood in the door-frame. Lilith’s eyes widened.

“O-Oh! Silas..” she said, blushing as he complimented her. She looked down, running a hand through her hair as if to look not phased by his words. “It’s simple Celestial attire.” she said nonchalantly. She didn’t admit that her decision in clothing had been selected with him in mind. And why would she?

Silas wasted no time with his approach, wrapping his arms around her waist. She closed her eyes, letting his warmth rush through her. She wanted to stay like that, but she fought to compose herself. “Let go, you’ll wrinkle the bow.” she said. Lilith wasn’t the type to care about such trivial things in actuality, and it may have been more apparent in the disingenuous way she’d accidentally said it. She didn’t want Silas to move. She didn’t want the world to move either. She wished to stay just the way there were with his skin hugging into her skin covered in fine, nearly invisible silk.

He asked her for some form of clothing, and with some disappointment, Lilith removed herself from his clutches, considering his new build and frame. It was clear why he could no longer wear his own clothes, the pants that nearly touched to floor the previous night were well above his ankles now. It didn’t bode well for the rest of the things he owned. Although she didn’t have a slew of men’s clothing at her disposal, her reach was far, and she could take whatever she needed. Opening a portal to a real where men stood in stature similar to the size Silas was now, and perhaps bigger, Lilith summoned clothing she thought might suit the inventor, leaving behind a handful of Glacien Gems that had fallen out of her hair while she was fixing it. The bed was probably still covered in her tears.

As she offered him the clothing, she genuinely hoped he liked what she’d chosen. She desperately wanted to please him, though she didn’t ask him if he liked it. She watched, unable to pull her eyes away as Silas undressed before her, not bothering to retreat for privacy. She viewed his full form, changed with more muscle and tone. He wasn’t as erect as he had been for her the previous night, but she supposed more effort was needed for such an effect. Male anatomy was strange, but appealing. She caught the smile that shone as he examined himself in the mirror, and she wondered if he would see those stars in his eyes now.

Silas readied himself with his various gadgets and Lilith hid a small smirk as if there was a secret she knew that he didn’t. Well, there was, unless he’d somehow caught her touching his things, but she knew he hadn’t been there. She walked over to the last of his items, lifting his belt and slowly wrapped it around him, just below his waist so that it sat along his hips. She fastened it’s clip, noting that she couldn’t reach the spot that looked the most worn, likely due to his change in size, and looked up at him with an expression that had a glimmer of obedience before she barely bit her lip, stepping back from him.

“There,” she said. “You look ready now.”

He looked at her and exclaimed suddenly about her necklace. Her hand instantly lifted, grabbing onto the soul-trapper charm that dangled at the bottom of the chain she wore around her neck. His next question was packed with more information than she was able to process at once. “Writing? Language that I spoke--? The Soul-Language? There’s nothing on the necklace, Silas...” she told him as she spun it around, looking at the bauble from all sides in case she was wrong. She saw nothing.

Her mind whirled as she tried to remember speaking to Silas in such a way. She only ever talked to the orb he’d made. She looked positively confused as she racked her brain over it. She could not remember the words she spoke to him in the haze of events that night. She didn’t know her very words were the reason he’d gone through such pain and transformation. Silas lifted the chain and she slowly loosened her grip on the charm, though she didn’t release it completely.

He spoke in what sounded like poetry and she strained her eyes to see what she simply could not. “Silas, I don’t understand.” she told him, pulling away from him, though not entirely defensively. She looked more puzzled than anything else.

“Silas… Who- What are you?” she asked as she felt the heavy weight that pulled at her neck become lighter somehow. Did he do that? She looked, being sure he hadn’t removed souls from it, but it was the same as before. She was growing paranoid again. Was she in danger with him? She knew she wasn’t, but her world felt like it was unraveling at a pace she couldn’t handle and she wanted to throw herself down onto the ground to hug her knees, an unusual feeling for her to have when she normally stood so tall and proud. Instead of doing what her mind screamed at her to do, she wrapped her arms around her torso, hugging herself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom