Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pregnancy? why?

Showmeyouloveme

Tell me a joke.
Supporter
It’s not really a kink for me. It is a big plot device especially since I enjoy playing historical time periods and back then children were a way to make sure the family name lives on. I think it’s fun to add on characters that way.

I ha e one story that started with two characters. Those two characters had five children and now we are playing as one of the five children, who has two children, and we could continue on with that generation if we want too. It keeps the story from getting stale.

I don’t really play it out as a kink. Her body changes normally. I wouldn’t call it ‘cute’ that she’s pregnant. I do think it’s a fun way to spice up the story. And when she gets too big to do anything we skip to the birth and it’s great.

Monochrome

Time To Shine
I don't consider it nor the risk of it a kink either. I like it as a possible plot device to put in at my discretion.

Grimoire

The Book of Love
As someone who does have this as a kink, I can weigh in a little bit.

There's something primally satisfying about the idea of making a new life. At its base, there's just something about losing control of oneself and pumping a big load into someone, willing or not, or having it done to you. On top of that, there's a narrative satisfaction to it; for some stories, it's a powerplay thing (knocking up a female superhero to take that piece off the board for close to a year). For others, it's a nice culmination of romance. It's sort of a narrative catharsis, something to be led to.

For me, the kink is about the impregnation itself, not the idea of playing out the full pregnancy. It's not really a terribly glamorous thing after all, for the reasons more than one person has brought up. But there's a lot of narrative weight that can be ascribed to it, and it's a potent mix along with the aforementioned primal satisfaction of conception.

That's what it strikes me as, anyway.

Procyonix

The Half-Brained Prince
For me, the kink is about the impregnation itself, not the idea of playing out the full pregnancy. It's not really a terribly glamorous thing after all, for the reasons more than one person has brought up. But there's a lot of narrative weight that can be ascribed to it, and it's a potent mix along with the aforementioned primal satisfaction of conception.
What he said.

I am a big fan of it in the RP. The reason for me is two fold. Mostly as a story element, as a source of potential conflict. Anyone who has written with me with that element in the story knows, I offer to jump through the less sexy bits should it happen. Since I write a lot of "illicit" stories, where infidelity is a major element, the idea of having a child by her lover is sexy to me. And if its an interracial story, which i also find myself writing a fair bit, that adds a layer of conflict to a story when the child isn't the same race as the partner.

The other aspect for me, personally, is that when I was married earlier in my life, my ex and I did not have a child. And I want to have one. And at my age, the chances of me doing so are starting to slowly dwindle. So RP is where I can at least fantasize about it some.

And as @RedRose said, its partly the power/ego thing for guys as well.

Just my two cents for what its worth. :D Happy naughtiness, everyone

Adamina

Planetoid
As multiple people have already written, it's not as much of a kink/fetish, as it is a plot device.

My female characters are usually powerful, independent, prone to charging-in headfirst and coming out on top. When they become pregnant, their ability to do so recedes, especially if we write her further along. Now, she's round and not as strong/fast as she was before, she can't go raring into situations, her physical abilities are compromised and besides that, she has a seed to worry about. Pregnancy serves to knock my women down a few pegs, kind of inducing vulnerability, and then pushing her to rely on the man she's with. When she's out of breath, she'll need him to lean on; when there's danger or violence, she'll have to shield behind him, instead of taking matters into her own hands. It can convert her independence to dependence, to an extent, and that's why I write it rarely, I like my characters standalone.

For my men, when the woman character they're with becomes pregnant, it just turns them more attentive and protective. She's carrying a new life that's half his creation, he knows it can be physically, mentally, emotionally stressful and exhausting, and wants to help as he can. It sort of extends a type of possessiveness and ownership too, in a way that's hard for me to explain. Maybe because it's his child developing in her body, his seed taking root in her womb? :unsure: Something like, at least.

Besides the above, I tend to keep it as a sub-arc, not the main focus, and I bypass a lot of the more realistic parts that inflict those in RL. It still makes for a great plot device with the right partner, story, and characters though, I've had fun with it everytime it's been done!

Last edited:
Top Bottom