Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Extinction {1x1 with DarkMudkip}

Jikkah

Cluster
The sounds of dozens of different machines hummed and beeped, the smell of cleaner and rubbing alcohol assaulting the white haired giants' nose. Cold steel gripped his wrists and ankles, keeping him strapped to the steel table. Nearly a dozen different I.V's ran from his arms and even into his neck and chest, tubes running down his nose to ensure he'd get enough oxygen. With his chest exposed, multiple electrodes were stuck to his chest; a drip I.V administering him yet another drug that needed to be tested, with results that have been yet to be seen. A young woman with mid-back length black hair was taking notes, steel gray eyes glancing up to check on Motochika's condition and heart rate. "No clear signs of the drug taking effect... Medication is at maximum dosage." She noted, other scientists muttering amongst themselves. A metal collar was fit around her neck, a small LED light blinking on the device, showing it was still in service. Many others in the lab had the collar as well, but not many. A solem look was on the young woman's face, brushing some loose strands of hair behind one ear and gently running a hand along Motochika's muscular arm. "Gomenasai...Ogre-san.." She whispered.

A woman with short snowy white hair stood stiffly by the door, waiting on a beautiful young woman with long silken hair, draped in the finest of silks and jewelry. A soft frown played on her face, eyes downcast, except one eye appeared to be made of glass, heavy scarring on her eyelids. "Akihime-sama... It's almost time." She spoke softly, the sound of people talking sounding just outside Akihime's balcony doors.

Motochika said nothing, learning long ago that talking or even fighting back would have disasterous results for him. He kept his eyes down, not even flinching when she touched him. The other doctors looked a little ashamed of the experiements they had to preform on this man, this lonely fisherman who lived by the sea. He did nothig to deserve what they were doing.

Akihime sat in front of her vanity mirror, auburn eyes holding heavy sorrow. But she put on a happy face and, after making sure everything about her was perfect, stood and took a breath, "I'm ready, Amaya.."

Nana frowned heavily and pulled her hand back, moving over to the I.V drip. "Please... I need to know what you're feeling so we can take you off this medicine.. It could kill you." She spoke softly, voice heavy with sorrow, and dark bags under her eyes. "This... This is the last medication that was ordered to be tested for the week." She said, trying to encourage him.

Amaya bowed her head, moving over to the doors and opening them for Akihime, remaining bowed deeply out of respect. "Yoshitsugu-sama asked me to remind you this is only to keep things smoothed over."

"Ah...I've heard that so many times before, lass..." Motochika said, voice hoarse.

Akihime stepped out and smiled warmly, explaining the situation in a cleverly wrapped lie to help calm the citizens who were nervous or panicked.

Nana averted her eyes out of shame and set her clipboard down. "The tests show inconclusive, get the saline, we're flushing his system." "B-But Nana-san, if we stop the testing without results!-" "I know the consequences..!" Nana said lowly, turning away from Motochika and working on stopping the drip. "If I'm the only one who stopped it, I'll be the only one to receive punishment. I'm fine with that." She said softly, even though it seemed to weigh heavily on her, hands shaking as she unhooked Motochika from the medicine, hooking him up to a saline drip to flush out the drugs so they could start anew next week.

Everyone seemed to eat up every lie she fed them, even the most angriest of protestor becoming entranced by her words, and soon enough everyone was either cheering or calling her name. But not everyone bought it, Amaya stood stock still out of sight from the crowd, listening to Akihime with a faint frown, not out of resentment, but out of sadness for her master.

Motochika watched her in silence, eyes tired, "Why...?"

"Please, return to your homes and continue to have faith in us." Akihime smiled sweetly.

Nana placed a strip of medical tape over the IV needle to assure it wouldn't be tugged out easily. "... It's the weekend, is it not...? Everyone deserves a break." She spoke softly, shoulders sagged with the weight of the deeds she had done, removing the electrodes from his chest and head. "You don't feel ill from the medication do you...? No one will be in for a few hours except for the guards, so I need to make sure you're not hurt." She said softly.

((Nana may be a little more sad in this one~))

Once Akihime had finished her speech, Amaya closed the door behind Akihime, listening to the noises below on the street, glancing to Akihime.

Motochika shook his head slowly, he couldn't really feel anything.

Akihime's pleasant expression disappeared before being replaced by a look of exhaustion and depression. She moved to her bed and laid down, sighing heavily.

Nana gave a small nod, checking all the machines before leaving the large laboratory, leaving Motochika alone for the night.

"Akihime-sama, you must go downstairs to eat and bathe, there are still things to be done." The servant said, moving over to Akihime's bedside.

Motochika exhaled slowly through his nose. Maybe now he could at least rest.

Akihime frowned and pushed herself up, "Hai-hai..." She mumbled, dragging herself out and downstairs.

It seemed like Motochika had only slept for moments before already hands were on him, starting up the next experimentation, hooking him up to machines and sticking him with needles. "Man this guy just won't quit.." It was a man's voice, so Nana must not have gotten into the lab just yet. "Yeah, but his body can only handle so much. He'll be riding down the shoot soon." The other scientist responded, checking Motochika's vitals. The sound of a door opening and heels on the stone floor could be heard as Nana entered the laboratory. "Ah, Nana-san! You're still alive, so what'dya get? More work hours? A visit from Hideyoshi and his lackeys himself?" "Nothing happened, I got written up, that's all." "Eh? Your lucky, Nana-san." "I suppose." She said quietly. "What are we doing today?" "The big wigs have really been pushing for that organ replacement, but the best we could do to get out of it was to op for getting a few organ tissue samples and testing the new anesthesia at the same time... Of course, poor bastard, it's no more of a anesthetic than drinking some whiskey.."

Megohime sat in the large hold where the Date gang usually hung out, the smell of smoke and alcohol heavy in the air, many men sitting in groups at tables, with the occasional woman on one of the members lap. Her red eyes scanned the room, a ever-present scowl on her face, sitting at the foot of a man who certainly looked the part of the boss. The Raven-haired woman wore a loose golden gown, the gown hanging off her shoulders and tied closed at the waist.

Motochika just watched, the sound of 'going down the shoot' seemed to relieve him. Eternal sleep, eternal freedom from the prodding and poking and cutting and sticking done on him everyday. He almost couldn't wait to die.

The boss, Date Masamune, watched with a blue reptillian eye over his gang. He sucked on a dragon pipe, smoke being exhaled from his nose as his free hand played with Megohime's hair.

Megohime made a face at the heavy smoke that was practically blown into her face, making a quiet noise of dislike, but she simply crossed her arms loosely and leaned back against the large chair Masamune sat in. Crossing her legs, she glanced at him, watching his hand as it played with her hair, before looking up at his face.

Nana readied the equipment, drawing a syringe full of clear liquid, moving over to Motochika and sticking it into the vein in his arm, injecting the anesthetic into his blood stream and moving back over to prepare for surgery.

He glanced to her and smirked lightly, twirling her hair around a clawed finger.

Motochika didn't flinch, didn't move. He just waited, eyes tired.

Megohime scowled more and turned her head, pulling the lock of hair he had wrapped around his finger from his grasp. "I told you, I don't like my hair smelling of smoke." She said, shifting so she was just another inch away, hoping to escape the smoke.

Nana seemed to work slower today, taking her time and stopping to glance at Motochika from time to time. Anxiety flashed in her eyes but her face revealed nothing, moving over to a table that held a vast quantity of chemicals. Causally uncorking one of the vials, she dumped it onto the table, smoke immediatly rising from the metal and setting off alarms mere seconds later. Both of the other men rushed out as water came down from the ceiling to dilute whatever chemical had been spilled, the emergancy doors closing and locking both Nana and Motochika inside. "Nana!" One of the other men had noticed she hadn't made it out of the now sealed lab and started to panic. Nana glanced from the men to Motochika before hurrying over and quickly deactivating all the machines, unlocking the shackles that bound him. "Nana, what are you doing!? Do you want to die!" Nana ignored the yelling as she looked around before grabbing his wrist and pointing to the steel door located a foot off the wall to their right. "You need to get to the shoot, it leads out into an underground waterway, but it'll eventually lead you out of the city and into the mountains." She spoke loudly so he could hear her over the sirens. "There aren't any drugs in your system, so you won't pass out," She held up the needle. "It was saline." The sounds of the armed guards that protected the facility could barely be heard, loud pounding coming from the door that let out of the lab.

"And I told you I didn't care what you liked and didn't like." He replied smugly.

Motochika looked to the shoot then to her, "Come with me?"

Megohime swept a hand through her hair and tossed a glare at him. "I don't remember you saying that at all, from what I recall, all that left your mouth was my name as I pleasured you." She shot back.

Nana looked genuinely surprised, for months she had done nothing but cause this man pain and suffering, but he still offered her freedom. "I-I can't..." She shook her head.

Megohime flinched when he blew the smoke into her face, making her grind her teeth and lash out, smacking the pipe from his hand.

Nana gave a short nod, standing and moving toward the shoot quickly, entering in the passcode and opening the door, which would be a bit of a tight fit for Motochika. "We need to hurry."

Masamune's hand shot out and wrapped around her throat, squeezing tight as he ground his teeth in anger.

Motochika picked her up and helped her down the shoot before squeezing in after her.

Megohime had been expecting this however, so when his hand wrapped around her grasp and clamped down hard, she didn't panic, instead grabbing his wrist. Face twisted in pain, she glared up at Masamune in defiance, digging her manicured nails into his skin.

Nana slid down the shoot and dropped nearly twenty feet into the large cavern below, landing in frigid water, swimming quickly to the side and surfacing, looking for Chosokabe.

He glared and threw her aside, sitting back and crossing his arms.

Motochika soon landed in the water not long after, not expecting it to be so cold. Wincing, he surfaced quickly and pulled himself to the side.

Megohime coughed and hacked, holding her neck gingerly as she steadied her breathing, glancing at Masamune before moving back to her spot beside his chair, not before retrieving his pipe and handing it back to him first.

Nana was on the small riverbank beside the water, coughing a bit and pulling off her labcoat, being completely soaked. "Are you okay?"

"Good girl." Masamune smirked, taking his pipe back. He started puffing on it again, but kept the smoke away from Megohime.

He nodded, "It's been a while since I felt any form of the sea...I miss it.."

((Just a question, what would Sasuke be in this??))

Nana blinked water from her eyes, looking to the water. "The sea... What is it like?" She asked, getting very quiet all of a sudden, a thoughtful look on her face.

Back
Top Bottom