Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Mark My Soul(Avengers)Lady/Moon

FoxWriter

Cluster
It was told in history lessons, everyone knew the story of how Steve Rogers and James Barnes had been matched by fate herself, as so many people in the world where. Every person was born with a symbol matching their perfect mates. Connecting them in a path of true love. Not to say that everyone found their true mate, their matching symbol, but they always looked, always showed off the marks in the hopes that someone else would match theirs. Most people. It had been considered odd back in the 1930's when James Barnes would sleep with any woman that looked at him. It was even more off that both Steve Rogers, Captain America, and Bucky Barnes never showed off their marks. Some didn't like to, others hid it from view once they found their partners. When the truth came out there was a massive upheaval. A nosy nurse, too curious for her own good was the one who noticed. James and Steve's matching marks paired with a third. For a man to be paired with a man was unheard of back then, if you where paired with a man you hid it, you never accepted the bond. Being Gay was a disease. But to have three people paired together? Two mates instead of one? The rumors started.

Cursed? Diseased? Demon possessed? Unholy? Freaks? Perverts? Disgusting. Captain Rogers and Sergeant Barnes never seamed to do anything though, they continued to hide the marks. They never acted like anything more than brothers or best friends. They wrestled but didn't hold hands. They punched each others lights out in fights that became legendary but they never smiled sweetly at the other. For all the world knew, they had rejected their bonds and the rumors died down and the world went on. Behind closed doors however, they where as sappy, sweet and passionate as any other Marked Bonding pair. No matter how much they loved each other, the third mark ached with a bitter cold emptiness. Like Death. The mark burned every day like ice, though they had long ago learned to ignore it the pain seeped into their souls, the knowledge that their third was dead. Historians all agreed though, that when Bucky Fell and Steve's second mark began to burn like ice as well, he chose to die rather than continue on without his mate. As the years went on, everyone spoke of the three marks and the two men's unbridled passion for each other. It practically turned into a legend. One of pain, sacrifice and a lesson in the reality of life. How there isn't always a happy ending. It was only thanks to them though, that the men started bonding with other men. After all, if Captain America did it, how could it be bad?

Seventy years later the world got another deep shock. Captain America, not dead after all. Frozen for seventy years the captain had many deep set issues that made many a people worry deeply for the poor captain. He was on suicide watch for the first ten months of being unfrozen, and was only released because of an alien invasion that was threatening. The burning cold of the marks where deeply bothering him, but Roger was, as always, willing to risk his life to save the innocent. He did exactly that forming a very good bond with one Tony Stark. It didn't make his bonding marks hurt any less, but when he was laughing with Tony, or letting Tony do his damnedest to find Steve's Alcohol limit. It failed every-time but Steve could get Tony to do the funniest shit when the billionaire was drunk. Then, one day. The mark stopped burning and there, lo and behold was James. He'd never even noticed that the mark that had burned all his life didn't burn anymore either. Not until after James had stopped trying to kill him and had settled down into something akin to a human being again rather than a wild beast. For a good while there, James really had been feral, wild, attacking anything that moved. It had taken a lot of work and even more patience to help James recover himself. For the most part. James was now well enough to attend the Gala that Stark had been badgering them about, and James wanted to go, so with a sigh Steve had sent an 'i'll be there' back to Tony.

So, there he was. A History lesson, a life lesson, a story tale and a miracle all rolled up into one, hugging the wall of Tony's charity Gala and auction. Steve had even donated something to the auction. His original helmet. The proceeds, Tony was expecting millions, would be going to a childrens hospital. One that dealt in only terminal cases. James had donated his military uniform and the proceeds of that would be going to a research facility that was trying to cure things like cerebral palsy and cancer. Steve could only smile as he watched James chattering to a small group. He looked so at home in a large crowd with strangers. He'd always been good at stuff like this, Steve just wanted the damn party to end so he could bid on that Harley-Davidson WLA that one of the others had brought in. It had actually seen action during the war and Steve wanted it. He could afford it too. Apparently all the royalties from using his name and image and such had collected into a bank account that Peggy, then Fury had handled. He was almost as rich as Tony. And since Steve still lived like he was poor, he could afford to go outrageous for things like this.

Tony Stark smiled slightly as he walked through the crowd, muttering quiet hellos to everyone, casually watching over Steve and James, always careful to not let them leave his sight. While he trusted them both, it still made him rest easier to know where they were. Sipping his champagne he sighed quietly. He wished Pepper was here. While the two had a slightly odd relationship, the relationship that was there, a open relationship allowing tony to sleep with whoever he wanted, as long as he was aware of who he went home to, was enough for him. Always would be. And still it was hard to simply relax when she wasn’t there. Though watching James talking to the group was nearly enough to make him laugh, it was so obvious which of the two super soldiers were the best at crowd gatherings.

Moving through the crowd he smiled as he stopped next to steve, tilting his head. “You do realize they’re doing a live auction? Just bid on it. It’s almost time to do so anyways.”He said smirking at the man amused that steve was so obviously eyeing the amazing looking bike on one side of the room. Watching the crowd he nearly choked when he saw the woman James was talking to. Glancing around the room he looked even more surprised as he realized the woman was alone, without her husband. Which was a rarity really, so utterly amazing that he wasn’t sure what to say just yet. Clearing his throat he smirked a little, “Come on, Cap. There’s someone you need to meet before she has to leave.”He said knowing just how short the woman’s leash was, and utterly wondering how she’d managed to get here, he wanted to introduce the two before she left, knowing the story.

It was something most children learned, how Steve rogers in his rescuing of James barnes, hadn’t simply freed the american prisoners of war, but the european ones to. The fact that the prince of sweden had been one of the prisoners had simply added even more fuel to the gossip. Tilting his head as he walked towards James and the woman he smiled, looking up at steve. “Cap, I’d like to introduce you to Princess Thorne Vasa.” “Tony, just thorne.”Thorne scolded lightly, the pleasant accent curling around her words as the woman looked up at steve.

The beautiful woman was one of those rare blonds, truly white blond instead of simply pale blond, bright blue eyes and so pale she looked liked fresh fallen snow, that you’d wonder if she was sick, until you realized it was just her natural coloring, the dark dress showing off that coloring so very perfectly.

Steve watched Tony, well aware that James made the genius nervous. considering James had tried to kill Tony five or twenty times Steve didn't blame him. it was Tony's own fault for springing and popping up without warning or even noise. he watched James smile at a woman who had only just approached, greeting her gently with a smile. sometimes he envied James easy abilities with people. he sighed and looked into his glass of champagne. he was just glad the reporters hadn't found him yet. nasty roaches the whole lot of them, he left that sort of thing to James, who was in fact, speaking to a reporter right there in the little group he'd attracted. "No, i think the whole thing is silly. i mean really, a holiday just for Steve? he'd hate it." James admitted with a laugh, Steve grimacing. blasted politicians anyway, trying to make his 'romantic departure' into a holiday. what where they going to do, throw kids into an icy sea as celebration? not likely. he had a hard enough time ignoring those memories in the first place, he didn't need more people commenting on it, or worse, celebrating it.

"what's the difference?" Steve asked, looking puzzled. "an auction is an auction isn't it? a fat guy stands up in front of us and talks so fast no one can understand him and when someone wants to bid they raise a paddle right?" he asked, blinking at Tony. "or has that changed as well?" he asked, looking confused. "oh lord. Tony. i really don't want to." he groaned even as he followed Tony, leaving his untouched drink on a table. "it's a pleasure to meet you." Steve stated gently, offering her the proper Bow of deference. "you look lovely this evening. would you be the granddaughter of Oscar Gustaf Adolf?" he asked curiously. "i knew him, he saved my life once." he admitted. he made no mention that he had rescued the man from the Hydra compound. Steve was never one to flaunt his own achievements and he doubted she'd care to hear about it. he opened his mouth to say something else when James suddenly erupted.

"GET OFF ME YOU FOUL HANDED ASSHOLE!" "...oh dear, excuse me!" he gasped, rushing off to stop his lover. the problem was immediately understood. one of the 'roaches' had gotten hold of Jame sleeve and torn it off, revealing one of his bonding marks. Steve's to be precise. the Mark was etched into the soft of his forearm above the wrist. James was extremely possessive of both his Mate marks and flew into a rage anytime anyone tried to comment on them. he had Steve's on one wrist, the unknown on the other and his own in the middle of his chest. which was why he only ever wore short sleeves when he was alone with Steve or with people he fully trusted. "What is going on here?!" Steve demanded, using his 'you will do as i say, i am a captain' Voice. everyone pulled away and Steve wrapped his arms around James, who was trembling and doing his best to hide the mark. "hey. easy. it's okay. i know." he murmured softly to James, trying to sooth the man, who was limp in Steve's arms and whimpering, looking like a terrified child. "Get back! and hand over that fucking camera you filthy snoop!" Steve hissed at the reporter who winced and did as ordered. she hadn't meant to tear the sleeve off! she'd only wanted to see what his markings had looked like. she certainly fled the party pretty damn fast. "Tony? a room?" Steve asked, hoping to get James into a cool calm room so he could calm the other down.

“well, sometimes they do a silent auction, when you just write your bid down, and simply find out later if you won. I like this better. Being able to see who I beat, is amusing to me.”Tony smirked a little before smiling. “I don’t care. You’re going to.”Tony huffed smiling a little. Thorne smiled slightly, “The pleasure’s mine, Captain.”She said bowing her head a little in a half bow before looking startled. “I am. And I have heard many times about it. It was a favorite story growing up.”She said though her smile was sad and quiet, hurting though tony had no idea why. As long as he’d known her, there was a quiet sadness about the woman, that he longed to ask, but never dared as.

Both billionaire’s startled at James’ yell, turning to look at them before wincing. Tony immediately understanding what was going on as he moved over to the others. Glaring at the reporter he growled a little as he took the camera, “Make sure the other’s know not to try anything like that again.”Tony growled at the woman, looking seriously pissed before looking at Steve nodding. “I’ll go get one.”He said glad that they were hosting the event at a hotel, at least it would be easy to find a room. “I have the penthouse suite, with a full security crew there. Come. My room is yours for the evening.”Thorne said, easily taking control, the royal training and breeding showing through as she hustled all the men towards the hotel, letting the others into the room before stepping back. “I shall leave you now.”she said, the look on her face utterly sad before she hid it.

Steve chuckled. "your such a dick Tony." he complained with a smile. "i have to admit, i like this better too. it's more exciting." he admitted. "they take Cheques right? i can't figure out how to use my bank card." he admitted. "i know better than to argue with you, you'll just whine until you get your way anyway." he admitted. he smiled at Thorne. "Your Grandfather was a great man, he did many good things." he admitted before getting distracted by James. the Reporter whimpered at the combined force of everyone's glares and nodded at Tony. "of... Of course! i'll make sure! i'm sorry!" the woman pleaded before taking her leave before someone decided she needed to be taught a proper lesson. "thank you." Steve said to Thorne at her offer. "we shouldn't need it for the evening. i'll have him calm soon." he promised, picking James up when the man seamed to forget how to walk. murmuring softly in his lovers ear while he settled him on a chair. "don't leave?" Steve asked her, blinking at her. "i feel bad, taking your room." he was upset too, she was hurting, deeply, he could almost feel it.

"James? come on now. look at me." Steve ordered softly. "Damien isn't here James. it's okay." he murmured, stroking the others face, gently pulling hi handkerchief out of his pocket and using it to cover the Griffon as much as he could. "here, see? it's all covered up now. it's alright." Steve promised gently. "S...Steve?" James asked, sounding frightened, very frightened. "w..what?" "it's okay. you just had a flashback. just take deep breaths now." James nodded and took a few shaky breaths. "i'm sorry Stevie... i shouldn't..." "hey. it's okay. i don't want other people looking at it either." he promised James with a smile. "just sit here in the quiet and calm a bit, okay? here. we'll trade jackets." he promised, slipping his shirts off. his Markings where all on his chest. James directly on top and in the middle, with his own down and to the left, while the third was down and to the right, like a pyramid. "here, you take these and go into the bathroom and change." Steve ordered, standing up and letting James stagger into the bathroom before turning to look at Thorn and Tony. "i am sorry about this. he'll be alright now. i think we should probably retire for the night though. i think i'll order a room, he's in no condition to be traveling right now... Ms.? are you alright?" he asked Thorne. "you looked very upset a moment ago."

“Yes, they’ll take checks.”Tony said rolling his eyes, not about to try and explain the bank card again. He’d just have to show him again. “I do not whine!”He huffed. “He was a good man.”Thorne agreed. Tony smiled pleased that the reporter had gotten the idea, pleased they probably wouldn’t have to worry about this anymore, before following the others upstairs. “You’re welcome.”she smiled a little, “”Do not worry how long you’re here.”Thorne reassured looking worried before startling, looking at the men, biting her lip before nodding a little. “I’ll stay then.”She said moving over, settling into one of the chairs by the windows, trying hard not to twitch as she listened to the others, half listening to tony ramble about his newest project, knowing the billionaire talked simply to try and calm himself and not worry.

Thorne turned her head a little, pain flickering over her features for a moment as she saw the other’s markings, before looking away. “Hey....you okay?”tony muttered watching the woman. “Fine.”She said jerkily, swallowing hard. “You know how it is.”She muttered, jerking her head towards the other two, knowing tony would understand. “Shit. I forgot. I’m sorry, Thorne.”The billionaire nodded looking pained himself before looking up as james staggered to the bathroom, both of them looking up. “Are you sure? He’ll be okay right?”Thorne said biting her lip a little. “You could just stay here. Like I said, it’s a penthouse. There’s a guest bedroom, and my husband will not be returning tonight, so you don’t have to worry about anyone being aroudn to upset either of you.”Thorne said swallowing hard at Steve’s question, her features closing off, nodding tightly. Looking at the other’s chest made her chest ache like she’d been kicked, it hurt. Badly to see those beautiful markings. She’d known of their existence, she just had never ocnsidered just how beautiful they’d be on his skin. “I’m fine. And it’s thorne.”She said. Tony huffed rolling his eyes, before looking at Steve. “What she wont tell you, is our poor thorne here, has no markings. Seeing James so upset over his own, is painful.”Tony explained, wanting steve to know it wasn’t them that had upset her, simply her own problem.

he nodded. "good. because at least cheques make sense." he admitted with a huff. "and no, i don't want you to teach me how to use that stupid plastic thing again." he grumbled before smiling at Thorne. "okay. thank you." he murmured. he ignored them both now as he tried to calm James. "he'll be fine. it's just his PTSD." he admitted. "and... a few other things is all." he admitted softly. "you have to remember, for us? it was wrong to have a bonding marker to another man. let alone to actually act on it. to have three? we where.... ostracized." he admitted. "James had it so much worse. i at least had a mother who didn't mind. he had four older brothers and a father who minded very much." he admitted before blinking at her. "well... if your sure we wouldn't be imposing? it would be nice to get James settled completely before we had to do anything." he admitted. "he's unstable when he's like this and there's never any telling what he might do." he admitted. "Thorne then, and you'll call me Steve?" he asked with a smile.

"...no markings? none at all?" he asked, looking startled before biting his lip. how did one even respond to that? "i'm sorry if James is upsetting you... his brothers used to... well they didn't like it one little bit if other people could see James markings so they... well they hurt him if he tried to show them to anyone." he explained. "it's why he doesn't like letting people seeing them. he doesn't mind if he knows you well and likes you and trusts you, but strangers make him panic. because he's terrified his bastard family is going to hurt him for it." he admitted. "at least mine where easy to hide back then." he admitted, rubbing the third marking, grimacing. "and this one has finally stopped burning. i don't know why." he admitted. "well. us freaks. we have to stick together, right?" he asked her with a smile. "if you ever need anything, me and James, we'll give you a hand, okay?"

“I know. It’s in every history book.”Thorne smiled a little before wincing at his words, thinking about james family, nodding slightly. “I know the feeling.”She muttered a little. “I’m sure. Stay.”she said before nodding. “Steve it is then.”She said before tilting her head, thinking it over before nodding. The lie coming so easily after so many years, just enough bending of the truth that it was nearly a complete lie.“None to show.”She said before shrugging. “It’s fine. I mean...it’s not your fault. And it’s not so much him that’s upsetting...it’s just...I understand the reason for being upset. My family was not very nice about it either.”She said. “Which is interesting really. I mean, it burned before, so it still should. You puzzle me, Cap.”Tony mused frowning, he disliked mysteries he couldn’t solve.Thorne tilted her head a little, watching steve rub the mark for a moment before looking away, before nodding a little. “Yea, sticking together is good.”She smiled a little before nodding. “I’ll let you know if I need anything.”She said. “Where is chris anyways?”Tony asked wondering where the missing prince was. “Gambling most likely. He went out this afternoon and said he’d be gone for the night.”Thorne said looking away because her marriage was so painful for the princess to consider, because she couldn’t have a bonded, her bonded, and being with chris was a constant rub against a open wound.

he grimaced and grumbled under his breath about stupid things people where teaching their kids. "i can't imagine it was easy for you, even in this day and age where people are supposed to be so much more accepting." Steve admitted. "they aren't though, even if they pretend to be." he admitted. "it burned like ice." Steve admitted. "when i woke up, and it wasn't burning, i didn't notice because James was." he admitted. "i can only imagine that my Mate was frozen like we where. it's burned since i was a child so i could be wrong." he admitted. "it still aches sometimes though." he admitted. "it's not unlike the time James got his ass kicked, it made his mark hurt too, so whoever our third is, i think they must be with Hydra." he admitted. "we haven't got a clue about anything else." he admitted. "i know they all say Fate will bring us together, but i'm not sure how much i believe it at this point." he admitted to Tony. "Chris?" Steve asked curiously. "whose that? oh! James... you've got your buttons all crooked..." Steve complained, looking extremely amused as he moved over to the other and fixed his shirt.

"sorry. my arm..." "has it been going numb again?" Steve asked, worried. James had gotten very close to loosing his arm, very close. but Hydra had managed to save it. not without experimenting on him further though. he had metal and wires running through his entire left arm, since they had to reattach it anyway. that arm often ached terribly, went numb or twitched uncontrollably. "no. it's shaking again. i can't make my fingers work." he admitted, letting Steve fuss over him. James wouldn't go to the hospital because he was terrified of what they might do to him. "Come and sit down. relax a bit longer. Mrs... uh... Thorne has said we can stay here for the night... oh! Tony? would you go bid on that bike for me?" he asked hopefully. "i can't leave James and i REALLY want that bike." James snickered a little at that. "where are you even going to keep a bike that's too old to be ridden??" "oh. uh. i'll buy a house." "why?" "we deserve one?" "....well, sure if you want." James gave Steve a rather baffled look. "but we'd have twice the cleaning." "...hire a maid?" "i am not letting some strange woman into my house Steve." "....make Tony do it?" "Tony is not entering my house Steve." "....i'll get a storage locker."

“No, they’re not that much more accepting. Especially considering my...unique position.”She sighed quietly. “I’m the last in my line, the last royal that can legitimately wear my crown. It was a horror to my mother for me to not have a perfect mate.”She sighed, well, that wasn’t exactly right, but not a lie either. “I’m going to figure it out. I will.This is driving me insane I hope you know.”Tony sulked a little. Thorne tilted her head a little to them talk, absently rubbing the back of her hand, not even really aware of doing it before nodding. “Even unmarked-being royal makes up for being a freak. He’s my husband.”She said, in that off handed way that said there was something seriously wrong in their marriage before looking up at james, smiling quietly, sadly as she watched him. Wanting so badly to cross that line, but not able to. Not quite brave enough.

“I wish you’d let me look at it. Me and bruce could work on it.”Tony said sulking that james wouldn’t let him take care of him, before sulking. “Only for you cap, would I go out there alone.” “Don’t lie, you enjoy the attention.”Thorne rolled her eyes as tony flounced out of the room. “Why can’t tony enter the house?”Thorne said looking curious at the reason before smirking. “Speaking of tony, you could just make him make a bot to clean. Then you can have a house.”She pointed out watching the two super soldiers before getting up. “I’ll be right back.”Seh said before walking out to the bedroom, returning in a few minutes wearing a pair of sweatpants and a comfy t-shirt, definitely more relaxed then the evening gown, and not something you’d normally find in a royal. A utter relaxed view on how she appeared, not obsesed over how she was looking to others, or anything, simply enjoying being. Her own....freakishness...leaving her with more body issues then a victoria secret model.

he nodded. "they must have been really upset." he agreed, looking worried. she spoke kind of the way James had used to when talking about his own family. sort of disconnected, like they where just strangers to him that he'd passed on the way to Steve's. "you think it doesn't bother me?" Steve asked, lifting an eyebrow at Tony. "but what can i do? i've already exhausted every resource i had at my fingertips. including Shield and Jarvis." he admitted before focusing on James. "no!" James snarled, pulling away from Tony into the comfort of Steve's arms, hiding from Tony, Steve shaking his head. "it's okay James. Tony won't touch you unless you tell him he can." he reminded the other. "i'll give you my old gloves in return, hows that?" he teased Tony, well aware that every time Tony came over to his apartment he stole something and he'd been eying up those authentic Captain America gloves for a while. "well for one thing he's a thief." James complained. "for another thing he breaks out things and then puts them together again, only after he's done with them they never work the right way. third, he's horribly messy, very loud and he annoys me. and fourth, he keeps leaving things in our house that wig Steve out." "...cleaning robots? ugh. what if it goes mad one day and kills us in our sleep? i think not. i've read the comics." he scoffed, making James snicker and snuggle into Steve.

by the time she came back out, James was asleep and Steve was carefully arranging him on the spare bed. "flashbacks always wear him out." Steve admitted, smiling as he watched James. "you know, it's odd. usually he's hyper aware of strangers but he didn't seam to be bothered by you at all." he admitted, looking up at her, smiling. "you know. i really do feel as if i should thank you." he admitted, gently pulling the covers up over James. "your presence seams to sooth him. he calmed down so much faster than he normally does. he's not even twitching." he admitted, stroking James hair. "i worry about him."

“Hm, not only them, but my people were upset to. It makes things interesting. Thankfully Chris is well loved, makes up for my utter lack of social skills.”Thorne sighed softly, because despite being royal, crowned and born to it, she was the second class citizen in her country, thought of as less, treated like she didn’t matter. Sold into a marriage to a man who’d simply wanted her crown, and had known the only way to get it was to marry the freak, Thorne really was just as disconnected as James. “I know it bothers you. It’d bother anyone.”Tony reassured the man that he knew it was bothersome, absently rubbing pepper’s mark on his forearm, a habit of reassuring himself. “I wont. I already promised not to touch him. I just think I could help.”Tony muttered sulking a little because he thought he could help, but knowing he would simply have to live with it until james trusted them enough to let them help. “...Fine.Gloves it is then.”Tony grinned as he left. Pleased to get them. “....Are you serious?He’s like....a billionaire. Why is he stealing things?”Thorne said looking at the other with wide eyes before laughing. “I know the feeling. He ‘fixed’ Chris’ car last time he was visiting, and I still haven’t heard the end of it. Though it does run better now.”She snorted amused at the rest of the reasons, smirking a little. “Well, you could just leave it at the tower, you know, instead of renting a storage locker. Tony’s got a garage that rivals a car museum.”

She smiled quietly when she saw that james was asleep, nodding a little. “I don’t doubt that.”She said before tensing a little, forcing herself to relax with a smile, twitching a little. “Well, I’m glad that I’m not upsetting him more.”She said before nodding. “You’re welcome.”She said smiling, though it was vulnerable and hurting around the edges, hating that she knew the reason he’d accepted her presence, but she still couldn’t say it, not in the face of everything. Her own pain breaking her apart to much, that she couldn’t even figure out how to ask for help. “I’d worry about him to. But you should get some sleep to. You need it.”She said gently pushing at his shoulder, urging him to get some sleep.

he nodded. "yeah a lot of people where upset with me and James too." he admitted. "i was too small to beat on though, tended to make people feel guilty. and then i was too big to be beat on. it was James who got most of it." he admitted. "you have plenty of social skills. your talking to me just fine you know. i think your letting their opinion of you, color how you think and feel about yourself." he admitted, watching her. "i think your a pretty swell gal." he admitted, a small impish smile on his lips because he knew Tony had heard him, and would crack up and start making old person jokes. he blinked at Tony and smiled a little. "you should call her." Steve pointed out to Tony. he knew Tony hated not having Pepper close by. "you probably could, but James is just too frightened of you right now." he admitted with a sigh. he couldn't blame James for being scared. not after all the things he'd gone through. "because there are some things that Money can't buy, and my original Captain America paraphernalia is one of those things." Steve admitted with a grin. "it's gotten to the point that i just leave something out for him when he comes over." he admitted with a chuckle. "i am not leaving a first generation Harley-Davidson WLA in Tony's hands! he'll do stuff to it!" Steve protested, shaking his head.

"he looks so peaceful when he sleeps, you know?" he asked with a smile. "when he's awake, he's got shadows in his face." he admitted, stroking James cheek. "it makes him look older." he admitted. "he hates strangers, because strangers always mean pain for him." he admitted, shaking his head. "which is baffling because he can talk to people in a party like it's nothing. compared to me who can chat up a stranger no problem, but freeze in a large crowd. i hate parties. reminds me of my dancing monkey days." he admitted. "your hurting just like he is." he stated softly, looking up at her again. "you have the same kind of smile. where your not sure if you should be allowed to have such an expression..." he admitted before smiling at her. "can't sleep." he admitted. "i get three, maybe four hours a night and that's all i need. Super Serum you know? it kind of sucks." he admitted. "besides, James will have nightmares. i need to stay up and help him."

“...Maybe.”Thorne said smiling slightly, sadly as she glanced at the floor before laughing at his words amused at the look on tony’s face. “You are so, so old Cap. So old. I’m buying you a dictionary that has all the words you can call people in, and swell is not one of them.”Tony snickered before nodding.”I will. After I go get your bike.”Tony smiled a little before nodding.”I know, I was bitching, but I know the reasons to not let me near him yet.”Tony shrugged. “....That’s awesome and actually fairly cute really.”Thorne snickered amused at the idea of tony stealing things. “Well, that’s true. He probably would.”She snickered.

“He does....he looks younger like this.”She smiled looking at both men, smiling quietly as james leaned into steve’s hand, even asleep aware that he was there. “...I know what you mean. Parties bother me for the most part.”She sighed before tilting her head as she looked at him, the smile becoming more real before sighing quietly. “...”She stared not knowing what to say before nodding. “Ah, yea that would suck.”She agreed before smiling a little. “I’m going to go to bed. I’ll see you in the morning.”She smiled before leaning in to hug him, closing her eyes for a moment, “Come get me if you need anything okay?”She said, simply enjoying holding him for a moment before moving away in a embarassed shuffle, walking out before he could respond. Definitely weird, but soon enough he could hear her bedroom door closing, sufficiently locking him out of whatever she was feeling.

Steve snickered at Tony and shook his head. "i have a dictionary. it talks." he pointed out. "which is why i never use it. and calling a girl Swell was one of the biggest compliments you could give a gal." he pointed out. "they liked to be called handsome too back then, which is probably why that waitress punched me." he admitted, rubbing his cheek. "not that it hurt, but i got the message." he admitted with a chuckle and a shake of his head. "it's annoying and aggravating." Steve pointed out, even if he looked amused. "he's a kleptomaniac to the extreme. the only reason why he doesn't get in trouble when he takes things from stores is because Pepper wires them money to pay for the inconveniences." he pointed out.

"hard to imagine he's only twenty three huh?" Steve asked with a smile. "harder to think that i'm only twenty." he admitted. "i feel so old sometimes. like i really am a ninety year old man." he admitted with a chuckle before looking up at her. "it does suck." he admitted, letting her ignore his comment on her pain. what else was there to do? they where practically strangers no matter how much he felt like he knew her. "i will." he promised, startled by the hug before smiling as he hugged her back, shaking his head. she was a lot like James. awkward, hiding pain, unsure how to actually handle people. he wondered if he shouldn't? but still, he didn't know her. he had no right to get involved. he had to focus on James, he was already starting to whimper in nightmare.

“I’ll come up with a better dictionary then.”Tony smiled a little before snickering. “Yea, that could have definitely got you punched.” “...That’s truly amusing. Now that you mention it, I’ve had things come up missing after he’s visited to.”She snickered a little.

“Yea.It really is.”She said startled as she realized that they were all almost the same age. “You really are 90.”She pointed out in amused before nodding as she left.

Later that night Steve would be awoken by the dull pain of his mark, the twisting thorns icy cold. Followed by the slight, soft smack of skin on skin, it would only take moments for the good captain to identify the soft scolding tones in the next room, the thump of flesh hitting the wall, definitely the sounds of angry sex happening in the next room. Though it soon was followed by the sound of the door closing, and the sound of someone moving around in the kitchen.

Thorne sighed quietly as she made herself a glass of hot cocoa, before turning on the sink, breath hissing out between her teeth as she turned the ice cold water on burned skin, letting it pour over her forearm as she sipped her drink, having actually indeed managed to convince herself that they husband hadn’t woken the others, so focused on forgetting her husband’s angry reaction to their presence. Chris was a jealous bastard, and she had no doubt that one day he’d manage to kill her, but for now, all she could focus on was making the burning on her arm stop hurting. Startling when she heard steve coming into the room, glancing over at him, careful to hide the bright red skin as she turned to look at him. “Sorry....didn’t mean to wake you up....James okay?”She said frowning a little.

he chuckled. "Tony likes to have things from the people he really cares about." Steve admitted. "makes him feel better i guess. i don't think he's really aware he's doing it actually." he admitted. "i am not!" he complained, huffing. "i'm a virile young man with too much energy and an outdated lingo that's all!" he complained, looking amused.

Steve grimaced as he woke up, gritting his teeth as he rubbed the mark, scowling as he realized that he could here the sounds of sex. ugh. he'd never expected someone like Thorne to be into Kink. he sighed as he realized that if she'd left, it hadn't been kink. he knew kink, he and James 'played' on occasion, when they needed to hurt someone or needed to be hurt. he slipped out of bed and slipped into his clothes, moving out into the room. "my bond mark was hurting, that's all." he admitted, reaching out and taking her hand, pulling her arm out into the open and examining it before guiding it back under the water. "James is fine. he fell asleep after his second nightmare." he admitted. "this is a bad burn." he admitted, looking at her. eyes burning with rage. "you will come into the room with me, and you will come with us to Brooklyn." he ordered, fury in his tone. "and if you don't like it, then we'll claim that i owe your grandfather a debt. Oscar saved my life and now i'll protect his granddaughter. i won't let some asshole with jumped up illusions of grandeur hurt you." he promised. "your Grandfather made me a Marquise you know. i have every right." he admitted. "your so called Husband has no chance against me. he only married into the family, i was adopted into it. my rights are more than his are."

Thorne tensed, whimpering quietly as he pulled her arm out from under the water, red and bistered, obviously hurt with the intent of marring the skin, it was most of her forearm that was red and angry looking, making her tremble slightly as he put it back under the water. “Good. He needed the rest.”She muttered ducking her head, avoiding his eyes, looking so utterly lost and unsure.”What?”She sounded startled looking up at him, shaking her head. Eyes wide and afraid, moving to step back from him. “No. I can’t, Cap.”She said her voice shaking and so scared at the idea of leaving. And more so because she knew neither super soldier would like the secret that her husband had just tried to burn out of her skin, but her shame, her utter brokeness leaving her unable to open up, to simply tell them. And even if she couldn’t tell them, she knew it was only a matter of time before they figured it out, if she was living with him. Actually slightly surprised that this hadn’t woken up james either. “...Chris was just angry, nothing to bad. It’s fine, cap.”She said sounding so so lost. Like she believed this was all she deserved

he shook his head as he examined the burns. "i won't let him get away with this. this is abuse Thorne, pure and simple. angry or not he has no right to hurt you like this." he stated firmly. "he has no right to even so much as touch you." he stated simply. "you can, and you will." he ordered, voice a growl. "i was appointed by your grandfather into the royal line and it is my duty to protect that royal line. your husband has no right to the throne if he can commit sins like this." he informed her. "you will come with me, and i will protect you." he promised her. "i won't let anyone hurt you Thorne. no one should suffer like this. if you don't want to stay with me then i'm sure Tony will let you stay at his tower." he admitted. "but i won't let this bastard hurt you anymore. he should think himself lucky i don't kill outside of battle." he stated. "he should be even more lucky that James is asleep because he would kill the filthy bastard." he admitted simply. "you can't tell me you love him, r even care about him." he stated. "so why bother staying with him? he has no rights. not to your body, not to the crown. your grandfather would be rolling in his grave if he knew what that pig has done to you."

“...”Thorne stared at him, trembling a little as he examined her arm. Having no idea how to do this, how to accept the help, or even open up. “....He’s good with others. It’s my fault for making him angry. I hadn’t thought he’d be back tonight, hadn’t thought he’d be angry with you guys here....”She muttered looking down, so much like a regularly abused woman. Definitely a sign this wasn’t the first time, that this was the usually battered woman who had no idea how to fight back. To take care of herself anymore. “...No....I’ll stay with you.”She said swallowing thickly. Because as bad as she knew staying with the super soldiers were, she knew it’d be worse with tony, tony who had a habit of figuring out things, and not leaving anything alone if it interested him enough. Shuddering at the dull numb ache in her arm she swallowed hard. “...Because there’s no where else. I’m a freak, cap.”She reminded him, so utterly battered she didn’t see that she deserved more then this. Swallowing thickly as she pulled away, “We should get some sleep before morning...if you really do intend of taking me to brooklyn...we’ll need sleep...”

he stared at her for a long moment before shaking his head. "if he can do this to you, he can and will do this to others. he is not fit to rule." he stated firmly. "and he should never have been angry at you for doing what was right." he informed her. "he had no right to be angry at you in the first place just as he had no right to take that anger out on you. this is not your fault and you shouldn't act as if it was." Steve stated firmly. "good. i have room in my apartment." he admitted. "it's a four room apartment." he admitted. "Tony has one and you'll have the last." he explained. "there is always a place for you. freak or not." he stated firmly before smiling. "like i said. us freaks? we have to stick together." he admitted. "freak or not. you deserve better than this. they had no right to make you feel in-superior when you are ten times better than anything they could ever be." he stated, curling his lip in disgust. "you are the future leader of your people after all." he stated with a smirk. "that means, morally, you will always be better than everyone else. even now, you are putting others before yourself." he admitted, ushering her into James and his borrowed room. "we're leaving now." he ordered. "don't bother packing i'll buy you anything you need." he promised. "James? Love? you need to wake up. we have to go now." James groaned, blinked stupidly and sat up, grimacing as he rubbed the mark on his right arm. "ouch..." he grumbled before standing up. "where are we going?" "home. i'll explain once we're there." "okay." James murmured, yawing as he followed Steve, not even asking questions. Steve ushered them both out the door and down to the Garage where his car was waiting. he got them both in, James settling into the back seat and curling up to go back to sleep while Steve got her settled in the front seat with a cool bucket of water so she could keep her arm submerged so it would hurt less. "you sleep. i'll drive."

“...No. He wont.”Thorne said her voice trembling and broken, swallowing hard. Though it was obvious she didn’t believe it, that she was giving in. Not fighting more as she nodded a little. “Yes...we have to stick together...”She sighed quietly before wincing at his anger, cringing away. So used to being hurt, that even if she knew logically he wasn’t angry with her, she still responded to it. Smiling quietly as she saw james, despite knowing how he’d come to be like this, she couldn’t help but find him adorable like this. “I can’t let you buy me everything...”She said looking upset but listening as she let him lead them both out the door, settling into the seat with a sigh, closing her eyes as she felt the icy water on her arm. It felt amazing. “Kay...”She muttered sleepily, now that she was away, and starting to calm down, she felt exhausted. Falling asleep, knowing steve would protect her.

Steve stared at her. "then you are delusional." he stated calmly. "if you think that he won't turn his rage against your people then you are a fool." he admitted before he smiled at her. "i know better than to think he wont. i've seen too many people, just like him." he admitted. upset that she couldn't seam to understand she was suffering for no reason other than her husbands inherent cruelty. she didn't deserve it any more than James had. "i won't buy everything. just help you get started." he promised her. "i think pepper still has few things at my place that you can borrow for now." he admitted. "she won't mind." he promised, smiling as he watched her sleep. when she woke, it was to James gently shaking her shoulder. "Lady? wake up now. we've arrived." James informed her gently. "Steve asked me to look at your arm. i'm not a doctor, but i was pretty damn good at Field Aid." he admitted. "let me see." he ordered gently taking her arm and examining it. "hmm... bad, but it won't scar. too much." he admitted. "you'll have a bit of discoloration here more than anything else so long as you don't pick at it." he admitted. "we'll leave it uncovered, burns are funny that way. they need to breath." he admitted before gently, far gentler than a man like James should have been capable of, smoothed some cool, soothing burn salve along the burns. "there. hows that feel? any better?" he asked, blinking at her. "once the burn starts to scab up, we'll cover it up with bandages and slather it in some more salves and lotions." he explained. "it will keep the scarring down." he admitted. "come on. we live up on the very top." he admitted with a smile. "Steve likes being up high." he admitted with a chuckle. "can you walk?" he asked, looking a bit worried. "burns like that can mess with your balance a bit."

“....”Thorne nodded silently, because she knew he was right. Swallowing hard as she nodded quietly. “Okay. Just a few things.”She said relaxing a little. Startling when she was shaken a little, she looked up at james sleepily, for once utterly relaxed and quiet, the two super soldiers presence leaving her utterly content for once. “OKay.”She said letting him take her arm, biting her lip a little. Flinching a little as she realized that the marks hidden there were going to scar, even if she never left them uncovered, it made her flinch at the idea of them being harmed in any way. “Okay. That’s not so bad then.”She said biting her lip a little, worried at the idea of leaving it uncovered before moaning quietly as the salve was rubbed on, nodding slightly. “It’s cool. Less achy.”She muttered nodding at the rest of his plan. Getting up out of the car she bit her lip,”Really?Why?”She said looking curious at the idea of being up high before nodding. “I can.”She said, though as she started walking, she swayed a little on her feet.

Steve smiled at her. "just a few things. the necessities. and if you really feel bad about it, you can always pay me back." he promised with a smile. "it's okay." James promised with a smile. "it won't hurt for much longer." he promised. "i have burns too, on my arms, see?" he asked, lifting his sleeve so she could see James scars, and the bonding mark. the bonding mark wasn't damaged at all, even though his arm was criss crossed with deep patches of discoloration and pockmarks. " weird huh?" he asked with a smile. "the Bonding Mark just regrew over the burns..." he admitted. "i think it's cus my mates, whoever the third might be, are stubborn dicks." he admitted with a grin as he lowered his sleeve again. "my burns where a lot worse than yours are, so you won't scar up too bad. especially with all the new medicine and stuff." he admitted. "good. we have some painkillers inside and this stuff has a numbing agent that will start making your arm go numb in a few minutes so the pain should drop down even lower give it a little while." he promised. "well, the pain in your nervous system overwhelm your other senses for one thing." he admitted. " the pain makes your head spin. burns also cause shock, which also makes you dizzy." he admitted, gently supporting her so she wouldn't stagger but could still walk in her own.

"hey." Steve stated with a smile. "Tony's the one who furnished this place so... sorry." he admitted, shrugging as he helped her out of the elevator which let out directly into the boy's living area. which was so massive you knew they had the entire top most floor to themselves. it was like a mix of a movie theater, a library, a gym and a artists pad. there was a Violin sitting next to a piano and there was a little area where there was plastic on the floor and pain splattered on everything. Steve's art corner. "that room right there is Tony's. don't go in there if you value your sanity it's gross. this here is Jame's Room. please don't go in there without his permission. he gets... funny, about things like that." Steve warned, offering her a smile and opening the door so she could see. "he usually only sits in there when he's having a bad day. Tony made it special." he admitted. "this is mine and James room." he explained, indicating the door. "feel free to go in there any time, just be warned, James likes to be naked. a lot so... just be warned he might walk through the living areas without a stitch on." he warned, looking amused. "this is your new room. if you don't like it no worries, i can make Tony fix it to your liking." Steve promised with a smile. "might take a few days though. we'll clear out an area in the living space so you can put whatever you want in there too. we tend to hang out there more than anything else, which is why most of our hobby stuff is in there." he admitted. "you don't have to join us of course but you'd be most welcome." he admitted. "you should get some more sleep. do you need anything before i tuck James in?"

Back
Top Bottom