Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

Don't worry, I'd hate playing it as much as I hate playing against it, and I also don't ever expect others to roleplay as or against any type of character that I wouldn't be prepared to write as or against myself. In my strange little world that's a double-standard, and hypocritical.

Once in almost two years, that's like an all-time record! You must be special, xD

That, I agree with.

Not really. It just means it goes both ways. You won’t play a spineless character that has no depth and you expect to not have to play against that kind of character. It’s not hypocritical or a double-standard. It’d be hypocritical or a double standard if you wouldn’t play that kind of character but expect people to play that kind of character opposite you. (Does any of this make sense? xP)

Or since it scared me so much the last time (You know what you did! xP), I go out of my way not to make you that irritated or annoyed with me lol.

I hope you didn’t vote for him xP

Yes, it does make sense, and I think I've mentioned before that a lot of my actions are ruled by principle; which are more important to me than any negative consequences. I've been known to reject requests from people who've asked me to play a dominant, or older, character, simply because they have on their own threads, "I NEVER play the dominant or older character." Not because I actually want them to, but because I dislike people expecting/demanding of others something that they've stated outright they're not prepared to do themselves. I know, weird, but that's the way my brain/thoughts work. It also the reason I've thrown in jobs, when I've been broke, and with no new one to go to lined up, xD!

You know you never have to go out of your way for me, and you should always say what you think. That was like over a year ago now, and I was tired and cranky, and sunburned. Also in the wrong, xD

Nope, I sure didn't.

Never judge a thread by it's cover! Read one the other day, and thought, "Interesting, but those are definitely not kinks of mine," so closed out and thought no more of it, until the next day when she approached me with an idea that fitted with what I was looking for, and sounded fun. It appears I've finally got another story starting up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heading down the coast this evening with one of my brothers for Father's Day, and it's Dad's birthday as well. He's been on an antibiotic IV drip for the last week or so; at home with a nurse attending daily; after suffering a bacterial infection in his leg. It seems to have worked, and he's now up and moving a little. Am taking Monday off work, so whilst may be around some on my phone, will mostly be offline for the next two or three days from this afternoon. Not sure if my other brother is intending to come down at all. Will find out when I get there.

Was a good weekend. Headed down Friday night, and although my Dad can't really move with the way his leg is - he was quite proud it only took him six attempts to make it out of his chair, and a total of twenty-three minutes to complete a trip to the bathroom - he was in a much better mental space than I've seen him for months. I think that has a lot to do with a change of medication. The brother I didn't travel with came down this morning with wife and kids to surprise Dad, and it was the first time us three siblings had been in the one room together for a while. As an added bonus, we all left still talking to each other, xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a couple of conversations in the last week which brought to me the realisation that my words could have more power, and my random ramblings, more effect, than I've ever envisaged. After all, I'm just some random dickhead on the internet, why would anyone care what I think? Those exchanges, however, made me look at things from a different perspective, and put me in a contemplative mood; a kind of strange, but interesting and not unpleasant, place to be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Memo to self: Next time you go away for a couple of days, it might be a good idea to remember to switch off the portable gas heater before you leave! At least it was nice and toasty when I returned home, though the flashing red light and strange clicking noise I saw and heard the second I walked through the door, and warns that the filter is in immediate need of cleaning, makes me wonder how much longer until it would have been really, really, really toasty!

And as soon as I say that my Dad appeared better mentally than he has been in a while, I get the news that he's in Hospital.

Apparently, the home nurse neglected to check the levels of a certain medication he's on that thins his blood, before replacing the stent in his leg, and it was found at a Doctor's appointment yesterday that it was so high that a cut could have led to him bleeding to death. His recovery from the bacterial infection also hasn't been helped by the fact that he's meant to keep his leg elevated all day, and not use it as much as possible, but doesn't, and on the occasions he has gone outside, he's ignored the doctor's advice, and instead of taking the elevator has insisted on walking down two flights of stairs! Honestly, the man's stubbornness is almost inhuman, xD

In a way though, it's a good thing. He's no worse off than he was when I saw him, and at least the Doctor's will insist he does what he should, and it gives my Mum a much needed mental break for a few days. She's been at his beck and call, and scared to leave him alone for even an hour over the last two or three weeks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may have lost one of my stories. My collaborator hasn't been online at all for a couple of weeks, which is unusual, particularly for someone who's been a member of BMR for almost five years. As is the always the case with these things, it's not the story I'm worried about, but that all is good with my partner.

More contemplations!

I've received a few message from males who've asked if I write with other males playing females, and my answer has always been no. It's nothing to do with discrimination, or being 'uncomfortable', but simply that I don't want to be complicit in the perpetuation of gender stereotyping and one-note sexual dynamics in fictional stories. It shouldn't be left to males to offer up a non-cliche female character type, and if not writing with another male means that I lose a good potential partner in an attempt to maintain that principle, so be it, xD.

To further explain, here's how I also answered the question on Elliiquiy (with a few clarification edits) when completing the approval process:

How do you feel about males writing as female characters or females writing as male characters?

I tend to write only as a male, and my thoughts on others writing as opposite their gender, I believe are slightly different than those of many. I prefer not to write against females who write males, or males who write females.

That's because I've found that many writers feel the need to switch gender in order to take on a particular type of role or personality type, eg a female may only write a 'dominant' or 'sexually assertive' character as a male, or a male may only write an 'innocent' or 'naive' character as a female which, to me, only serves to perpetuate gender stereotypes, maintains cliche male/female dynamics, and inhibits creativity; ie the 'male as pursuer/perpetrator, and female as pursued/victim' remains static regardless of which gender writes which sex. It offers nothing new.

What I'd prefer to see, instead, to truly provide something different, is rather than a writer change gender to write from a different perspective, they change the perspective from which they write their own gender.

Having said that, I don't have an issue with those who do choose to write the opposite gender, the above is just a personal choice/view.

It should be stressed the above only refers to Main Characters, and is not inclusive of minor, or third party characters.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mentioned to a partner the other day that I sometimes feel as if I have two personalities; the quixotic, contentious and occasionally provocative one who, at times bluntly, spews the thoughts rattling around in his brain onto this page and his threads, and the one who swaps nothing but fun banter, smart-ass remarks, jokes and casual conversation with his partners in PM, who then probably read this and wonder, "Who's stolen Quix's soul?"

Which one is the real me? Sometimes I'm not even sure, it's quite the dichotomy really.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a difficult decision to make this weekend! It's my nephews Australian Rules Grand Final on Saturday, and on the same day, at the same time, my Niece plays in her Soccer Championship game.

It's my nephew's first major game, but he's at the age where there's really no skills on display, but my niece is old enough for the games to be entertaining, and competitive. However, I did watch her win the same match last year.

Which one do I choose, and which brother do I offend? xD

Last edited:
That moment when I actually wish I'd at least get some requests from females. XD They usually tend to be more cooperative and contribute to the story more than some of the guys. (Some, not all.) But you do have a point! I admit that I also had this tendency to play males that were more assertive as main characters. Eventually, I gave up on having males as a main altogether, because I was doing a poor job at it, and neither could I hold the interest for long-term roleplays.

I told you that your soul is anything but white and floofy! Who would want to steal it? Leaving the jokes aside, both are the real you. It's just that you can't really be contentious and provocative with your lovely roleplay partners, right? Well, alright, you probably could, but... Not when we're talking about the most random things. XD

Tell them to record everything and send it to you afterwards instead of going to either one. That way you won't offend anyone! Or, well, you will at least offend both of them, haha! No discrimination!

I agree with Sumi about which game to go to. Don't go to either of them and just have your brothers record it, that way you can also watch them from the private and comfort of your home!

As for the whole soul thing...I think it's all the same and relative. Don't argue with me, I make plenty of sense!

Sumi said:
That moment when I actually wish I'd at least get some requests from females. XD They usually tend to be more cooperative and contribute to the story more than some of the guys. (Some, not all.) But you do have a point! I admit that I also had this tendency to play males that were more assertive as main characters. Eventually, I gave up on having males as a main altogether, because I was doing a poor job at it, and neither could I hold the interest for long-term roleplays.

I told you that your soul is anything but white and floofy! Who would want to steal it? Leaving the jokes aside, both are the real you. It's just that you can't really be contentious and provocative with your lovely roleplay partners, right? Well, alright, you probably could, but... Not when we're talking about the most random things. XD

Tell them to record everything and send it to you afterwards instead of going to either one. That way you won't offend anyone! Or, well, you will at least offend both of them, haha! No discrimination!

Don't be too down about it, Sumi. I probably receive even less requests from females than you do, xD. I've written a couple of largish posts as a woman as minor character, and whilst I was quite happy with them, I couldn't really get into the mindset enough to be able to do it constantly with a Main, and feel that I was doing it justice.

I know, I got my soul, and my childhood dog mixed up. A simple mistake to make. It was a:

homePic2.jpg

Samoyed.

My parent's named it 'Sam', and we also had a white fluffy cat they called 'Snowy', so you can see my creativity is genetic! Cutest. Dog. Ever. As for my soul, that's probably the complete opposite.

I'm certain I could be contentious and provocative if I really, really tried. But that doesn't go well with chocolate and flowers!

It wouldn't be the first time I've offended them both, xD

Malicious Lullaby said:
I agree with Sumi about which game to go to. Don't go to either of them and just have your brothers record it, that way you can also watch them from the private and comfort of your home!

As for the whole soul thing...I think it's all the same and relative. Don't argue with me, I make plenty of sense!

Great minds must thing alike, Mali! Funnily enough, after I posted it, both brother's phoned me within an hour of each other; not that I picked up, I just allowed them to go through to voicemail; and things have worked out perfectly.

My Nephew's playing at 9:30am, and my Niece at 1pm, rather than the 10am we originally thought, so it allows me time to get across the other side of town, and watch both. It also lets me avoid my first brothers invitation to return to his place, and watch the football team our family supports in a playoff game late that afternoon. He really just wants to show off his menagerie.

Now that he's moved to a rural property, he's bought two proper dogs - a Collie and a Labrador -, to go with his Cavoodle's, a sheep and alpaca! Whilst I'm keen to see the animals, he's a pain in the butt to watch football with, never shuts up, so now I can just drop into a mate's after the end of my Niece's game, and view it in relative peace, xD

I'd never argue with a woman who goes by the name Malicious, and possesses a psycho knife. You do make sense, and what's even better is that you're not afraid to tell me when I don't! xP

You know, I've always wondered why Hospital walls are generally painted in a drab gray or olive green rather than yellow, blue or pink. I know, I too am surprised that I've even noticed, but really, wouldn't it at least give them the appearance of being more cheerful places? "Sorry, no bright colours for you, you're just here to die."

Anyway, on topic. I've just spent a couple of hours visiting my Dad in the Intensive Care Unit. My parents live in a small coastal town, and he'd been in Hospital for a few days down there, but during the night had be transported by Ambulance to a larger one in the City I live in, where he's on dialysis because his kidney's had suddenly decided they no longer wanted to work.

Wasn't sure what the prognosis was, it didn't appear good, but is looking slightly better now; it seems the bacterial infection he had in his leg may have spread through his bloodstream, which could be fixed by (even stronger) antibiotics. Probably won't know for sure for a couple of days, and it's funny how Dad and I are alike in some ways.

He said to the Doctor, "I'm a Journalist, information is my trade, I don't care what's wrong with me, I just want to know what's wrong with me." As with me, vagueness, and not having all the information or knowing the 'why' of things, does his head in, and that's what he's finding the most frustrating! I have as much, possibly more, sympathy for the Doctor's and Nurses in charge of his care, as I do for him, xD

With spending time at the lovely Hospital, my niece's and nephew's football games, and Mum here as well, won't be around much on the weekend.

In good news, a writing partner has returned after a short break, xD

Malicious Lullaby said:
You really should put more stories about you and your dad on here. They are amusing as hell because of what you describe about your dad, you're like a carbon copy <3

My thoughts are with your dad and your family. I hope he's doing a little better <3

No, no Mali, I've told you, my Father is stubborn and pig-headed, whilst I'm just strong-minded and determined. There's a difference, xD. We are alike in a quite a few ways, but also different, and I've deliberately tried to avoid some of his personality traits and vices, though they've probably only been replaced by ones of my own, xD

Not sure, really, why I'm writing this all here, as I'm usually a very private person who deals with things internally, but I in a way, getting it out of my head is cathartic. I forget half the time that people actually read this.

Anyways, some stories? Hmm, why don't I tell you a little about him:

My Father was an 'accident'; an only child whose own Dad was fifty-six when he was born, and his Mother, forty. His Father was a war veteran, and mine used to say that if he couldn't hear him moaning and crying in pain, and screaming from nightmares during the night, that he'd sneak into his bedroom to make sure he was still alive. So, he didn't have the easiest childhood, and left High School before graduating.

However, he'd always wanted to be a Journalist, so not long after, he walked into the offices of a Daily Newspaper, and said, "I want a job." They told him to get lost, so he did, but came back the next day. Every day for a couple of weeks, he'd walk in there, and not ask for a job, but state that he wanted one, until they eventually relented, and took him on as a copy boy. That's how his career started.

The man is not one to argue with, and he has a way of twisting words, and making people see things his way. He does like to tell the story (I can't recall all the fine detail), of how one day he was in a Pub - the location where he actually did most of his 'work,' - and someone told him that his car was being ticketed. Fifteen minutes later, the female Parking Inspector had rung her boss; after my Dad advised her that no-one liked Parking Inspectors, and that they contributed nothing to Society, then asked if she really want to spend her life being hated by people, told her she was better than that, and convinced her there was no future in her career; to resign on the spot, and joined he and his friends inside for a beer.

It doesn't look great; our family is resigned to the fact that he's on he's way out, so the hardest thing was walking into the Hospital and seeing one of his best friends in tears, and needing a hug from my Mum.

You know it’s semantics. We’ve gone through this love. Semantics. Semantics. Semantics! xD

Sometimes you just gotta let it go. Doesn’t matter who reads it or not. It just helps.

What is it with having to convince men that there is nothing weak or wimpy about letting feelings out? I swear, you and my dad, I could smack you both upside the head xD

I wonder if your dad’s method of convincing someone to drop their career would work on the police over here in the States in case I ever need to talk my way out of a ticket. It worked for him. Maybe if I throw some boobage in, it could work? Lol. Still can’t believe he did that. Your family is a very colorful one, that’s for sure ^^

Tap if you needs hugs

Tap if you needs hugs and giggles

<3 <3 <3

Malicious Lullaby said:
You know it’s semantics. We’ve gone through this love. Semantics. Semantics. Semantics! xD

Sometimes you just gotta let it go. Doesn’t matter who reads it or not. It just helps.

What is it with having to convince men that there is nothing weak or wimpy about letting feelings out? I swear, you and my dad, I could smack you both upside the head xD

I wonder if your dad’s method of convincing someone to drop their career would work on the police over here in the States in case I ever need to talk my way out of a ticket. It worked for him. Maybe if I throw some boobage in, it could work? Lol. Still can’t believe he did that. Your family is a very colorful one, that’s for sure ^^

Tap if you needs hugs

Tap if you needs hugs and giggles

<3 <3 <3

They're different words for a reason! xD

It's still kind of like that, I'm just spitting the internal thoughts outs in my own little space.

It's not so much that, I just don't deal well with sympathy and the like. I don't know how to respond to it, and also don't like making others feel uncomfortable. It's the same when I have the man-flu, I just want to be left alone, though at the same time I'll whinge and whine about it, xD

Some extra boobage would work for sure. Try it, and let me know how it goes. I was actually talking to Mum yesterday about why he hadn't written his memoirs, even if just for himself or the family, and he'd told her, "Because if he did, he'd have to tell the entire truth, and include the bad along with the good, and there's a lot of things he doesn't want to dwell on.' As she's always said, "It might have been hard, but it's never been boring." xD

And thanks for the links, and hugs and smiles. They're adorable, xD

Edit: And would you believe it. When I went to visit yesterday he was unconscious, and Mum was called into the Hospital last night, as there was a good chance he wouldn't make it through to morning. She just rang to say that now the Dialysis has started to work, and he's awake and talking, and could even be moved from ICU to a ward in the next day or two! He's probably just trying to prove the Doctor's wrong!

Shush! It’s the same thing as potato-potahto! They sound different and are spelled differently but pretty much mean the same thing!

Not just kind of, it is exactly that. It helps! Better than talking to some Dr. Phill wannabe (Hope there are no therapists or psychologists reading this >.<)

It’s okay, you’re whining about it now. Besides, you know what I’ll do to make you feel better if you tell me your thoughts <3

I will. Though it hasn’t happened yet—knock on wood!—so I should be in the clear xD
Lol!! That’s hilarious. I’m sure your mom was told the exact same thing about your dad too. “It might be hard but there will never be a dull moment with the man.” xD Huh, that line can be very dirty…

Of course <3 Anytime you need more, you let me know!

Yikes! Well I’m glad to know he’s doing better! He’s like the Wicked song, ‘Defying Gravity.’ He just defies it all and then laughs in its face! I like your dad. I like him a lot.

But potahto isn't a real word. Its not the same, xD

Or let's hope if there are any Psychologists or Therapists reading this, that they laugh at Dr Phil as much as we do.

And I tell you my thoughts because I know what you'll do to make me feel better.

You should do it deliberately, just to see if boobage works, xD
Do not use 'dirty' and my parents in the same sentence. I was delivered by a Stork, and that's the way it's going to stay!

I certainly will.

Or the energiser bunny that just keeps going and going. In the last year and a half he's suffered a heart attack brought on by his medication, and had to be heli-evacuated to Hopsital, diagnosed with a melanoma that the Doctor's told him after the biopsy was a 90% chance to have spread through his body, but hadn't, and now this.

My friends, and my brother's friends all like him too, he's the 'Father that never grew up', and will try to outdrink them; I think I've mentioned on here, on my eighteen birthday, he was the one thrown out of the Pub at about 3am for causing trouble! At the Hospital yesterday, after he'd regained consciousness, the Nurse shook her finger at him, and was, "Now, do you remember me from the night you came in, when I had to be stern and strict with you? I'm not usually like that, but you're going to have to learn to do what you're told." I just smiled at her, and said, "Good luck, and don't worry, he has that effect on most people he meets."

Dad had a relapse yesterday, and it's not looking good. He had to be restrained to stop himself from ripping the catheter and oxygen tubes out, and is incoherent. I called Mum yesterday, who's been by his bedside the entire time, and when she told me, I was like, "I don't want to see him like that." I deal with these things better by myself, then I realised how selfish that was, and went in to visit, and provide her some support. We may soon need to make some decisions on his ongoing medical treatment. At least he was lucid enough on Friday to tell the Doctor's that he didn't want to be kept artificially alive, and luckily all of the family is on the same page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been an Atheist ever since I can remember, and can vividly recall coming home from my first week of Primary School, after a 'Religious Instruction' class where we were asked to accept Jesus into our hearts, and telling my parents that I thought it was stupid, and asked if I needed to keep going. Thankfully, even at that age, they allowed me to make up my own mind, and that was the last I ever attended. How any intelligent and rational person can ever possibly believe in a benevolent God worthy of worship, is, and always has been, totally beyond my comprehension:

“Nothing could add to the horror of hell, except the presence of its creator, God. While I have life, as long as I draw breath, I shall deny with all my strength, and hate with every drop of my blood, this infinite lie.”

― Robert G. Ingersoll

Death is cruel, but it's also a part of life. There is no more, so make the most of the one you have, and don't wait for the next.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At least I woke up to some good news this morning. Tony Abbot is no longer Prime Minister of Australia. I'm not sure how it works elsewhere, but here we vote in the Party, not the leader, so he can be challenged by those within his Party at any time. There's been discontent for weeks, and yesterday, Malcolm Turnbull, one of his Minister's, advised that he was going to challenge, so Tony Abbot called for a vote that very same night. And lost. Malcolm Turnbull is probably the best choice at the moment.

The strange thing is, that with what's happening with my Dad being on the horizon for quite a while, I'm not actually down, or upset. It's more just I want a resolution, one way or the other; both for his sake, and the rest of the family; and my brains in limbo, which is somewhere it doesn't like to be.

To my partners and OoC friends, whilst it may at times take me a while to reply, keep those story responses, banter and smart-ass remarks coming, xD

Things are looking slightly more positive today, though still no clarity.

For something a little more upbeat, discussions with a potential story partner, brought about mention of one of my favourite ever films: 'Angel Heart', with Mickey Rourke and Lisa Bonet (Mali, you may or may not want to watch this, xD):

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTC9Lt3hiWo[/video]
I need to download, and see this again!

Malicious Lullaby said:
Damn, Mickey Rourke was cute. He is another prime example of too much plastic surgery alongside Joan Rivers and Lindsay Lohan xD

If it was meant to be scary, it wasn't. It just seemed...cheesy xD

He was probably one who needed it, after his unsuccessful boxing career! xD

That's why I wasn't sure whether to tell you to watch it or not. I loved the movie though, and damn, Lisa Bonet is hot in it! xD

Lol oh so that's why. Makes sense now. This is why actors shouldn't be boxers. xD

Lol it just made me sort of roll my eyes and kind of appreciate how far scary movies have come now if it is supposed to be scary. It's just cheesy. That monkey made me giggle, not cower xD

Malicious Lullaby said:
Lol oh so that's why. Makes sense now. This is why actors shouldn't be boxers. xD

Lol it just made me sort of roll my eyes and kind of appreciate how far scary movies have come now if it is supposed to be scary. It's just cheesy. That monkey made me giggle, not cower xD

Yep, he has an excuse. And some can box better than they can act; look at Sylvester Stallone, though he can probably do everything better than acting!

I think the voice-over guy made it a little over melodramatic, and helped with the cheesiness. It's a suspense thriller rather than a horror movie.

No, not really because he was the one who decided to do boxing, no one twisted his arm. What idiot goes for a sport where the main goal is to hit your opponent's face repeatedly? Mickey Rourke, ladies and gentleman! -insert laughter and jeers here- xD

Just...a tad xD

Hey, look at Floyd Mayweather, I'd get punched in the head for $50 million dollars, too! The funny thing is you can smack them in the face as much as you like in an attempt to knock them unconscious, but hit them in the balls, and they get a five minute break to recover!

Back
Top Bottom