Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quix's Random Bullshit Thread (Comments Welcome)

You like that word!

I will.

Sometimes I think I should have been born a Rhinoceros! The only people that can really get to me are those I'm close to. Others are viewed as more competition, or a challenge to 'beat'. At least try not to give them the satisfaction of seeing they've gotten to you, xD

It's been noted!

I've no idea about my spirit animal, I don't take much notice of that, or pay any attention to numerology and astrology and the like. However, I know enough to be aware my star sign is a goat. Quite appropriate, some would say, xD

Often that's the best way of handling it, xD

Yep, and that's exactly the sort of goat I am, Sumi. Even cuter, and more people-friendly, than a Samoyed. xD

Mr Quixotic said:
It's been noted!

I've no idea about my spirit animal, I don't take much notice of that, or pay any attention to numerology and astrology and the like. However, I know enough to be aware my star sign is a goat. Quite appropriate, some would say, xD

Often that's the best way of handling it, xD

But now it can be publically noted! :D

Why would some say you’re a goat? I mean goats can be very cute, this is true but I want to know why people would say that xD

I know but it doesn’t do well to my temper lol.

Well, I guess that's okay to go public with, since you've already revealed my attraction to chiseled men in suits! xD

Aesop's fable, Mali

The Two Goats:

Two Goats, frisking gaily on the rocky steeps of a mountain valley, chanced to meet, one on each side of a deep chasm through which poured a mighty mountain torrent. The trunk of a fallen tree formed the only means of crossing the chasm, and on this not even two squirrels could have passed each other in safety. The narrow path would have made the bravest tremble. Not so our Goats. Their pride would not permit either to stand aside for the other.

One set her foot on the log. The other did likewise. In the middle they met horn to horn. Neither would give way, and so they both fell, to be swept away by the roaring torrent below.

And I've seen your temper! It's scary, xD

Mr Quixotic said:
Yep, and that's exactly the sort of goat I am, Sumi. Even cuter, and more people-friendly, than a Samoyed. xD

D'awww! Nawh, I can't believe you're that cute! But if you are, I want to be the first to pet you!

Lately I've stumbled upon so many videos/photos with Samoyeds that I'm starting to think it's some sort of sign. XD

Malicious Lullaby said:
Hey, the people gots a right to know! xP

Oh. Now it all makes sense. Stubborn stubborn love.

You have? When have I gotten irritated with you? I’ve shown jealousy, possessiveness and psychotic craziness but when have I showed irritation? xD

A guy needs to have some secrets, Mali, xP

I made sense again? That's starting to become a habit! A big book of Aesop's fables was a favourite when I was a kid.

Now I think of it, that is true. I guess irritation is my next goal; a guy also needs something to aim for, xD

Sumi said:
D'awww! Nawh, I can't believe you're that cute! But if you are, I want to be the first to pet you!

Lately I've stumbled upon so many videos/photos with Samoyeds that I'm starting to think it's some sort of sign. XD

I thought you'd have more trouble believing I was people-friendly!

I think you should get one, they're the most adorable dogs, ever. And smart. I've probably got even more stories about that dog, than I do my Dad.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anticipating, but a little apprehensive about, a new story I'm taking on; an erotic murder mystery with supernatural tones, set in 1950's Louisiana, I'm slightly (or way!) out of my usual element. Felt a little bad about requesting my collaborator write the opener, but as she has more knowledge of the history/location, I thought she'd be much better at creating the initial atmosphere, and she graciously agreed. Should be up and going in a few days, and will be a fairly relaxed pace.

I consider myself extremely lucky with all my co-writers, who are on the same page as I with response rates, and keeping things hassle-free. It makes it so much more enjoyable. Snow White has been on a little hiatus, but I'm still in touch with my partner, and it remains open. With at least seven Chapters to get through, it could last another twenty years! Wonder if we'll ever get to Red Riding Hood, which is our next planned inspiration.

Then I have Jack the Ripper with Mali, and an Historical with Silv to look forward to in the future, when our awesome current stories eventually conclude. I can't believe how time flies; they'll soon both be approaching a year old, but remain as enjoyable, if not more-so, as they were at the beginning, and there could yet be many more twists and turns to come. As for Duane and Karmen, in my story with Sumi, I think they've barely started their adventure.

I can be a little slow on the uptake sometimes. Didn't realise until after I arrived at work today, that this coming Monday is a Holiday! 'Family and Community Day', whatever the heck that is. Not exactly a day of momentous celebration, it's only for the Territory I live in. I won't complain about a day off, though. And I have another one the week after, for Labour Day.

Had to laugh when I went to visit Day yesterday. Walked in, and there he was, sitting up in his Hospital bed with a radio, earpiece attached, listening to a race he'd asked a friend to place a bet on for him. He's always been a gambler, and in and around horse-racing to the extent that my Godfather is/was a jockey, and when I displayed some talent with numbers as a kid, he attempted to direct me towards bookmaking as a future career (Mum put a stop to that!). I've often told him that when he does go, at the funeral, for anyone who knows a little about racing, I'm going to arrange for the protest siren to be played when the casket comes out, then have them wait five minutes before 'protest dismissed' is announced, and the service continued.

He's improving all the time. Looks like he may we be well enough in the next couple of days to be moved from where he is now, to the Hospital in town where he and mum live, where'll he'll need some physio and rehabilitation before being released. It'll be good for Mum to get back and have a few days to de-stress in her own home before he is.

One of my writing partners mentioned that she's soon to receive the opportunity to sample another great Aussie treat; one I don't believe I've mentioned on here before:

The Lamington

Lamingtons_n_lg.jpg

There's two versions, the basic, which is simply sponge cake, coated in chocolate, and rolled in desiccated coconut, or the deluxe, which has a jam (jelly?) and cream filling. I hope you get the deluxe, and whilst you're there, you also might want to try a:

"Dog's eye with dead horse"

6a0115702a4ef8970b0120a52b2ec7970c-pi

Also known as a meat pie with tomato sauce. Classic Australian!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dad's on his way back to the Hospital in his own town, and should be released completely in the next few days. He was just waiting for a bed to become available, and that happened this afternoon. It's a relief, both in regards to his recovery, and to be honest, for me as well.

My family is good in small doses, but with constant phone calls, chat, catch-ups, worries, Hospital visits, and everything else that's being happening, that dose has been rather large lately. I'm one who needs my own space to be able to conserve/gather mental energy, and I think I've just realised how drained I actually am. I can now relax fully, and get some of that back. Posts may be a little slow for the forthcoming week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I can't wait for the press conference NASA has called for Tuesday, in regards to a major discovery made on Mars. Some are speculating that it may be evidence of life. I doubt it, but damn I hope so, xD

I love Holiday Monday's!

Absolutely no interest in Internet Killers, which isn't surprising, so I've done something that I've never done before; actually drafted an opener by myself, for myself, which also brings the last story to a conclusion. May or may not post here after it's finished, as it's rather...hmm, dark?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The mention of the NASA press conference got me to thinking of some Carl Sagan quotes:

carl-sagan-quotes-sayings-truth-brainy.jpg

1416990617173976.jpg

BXbJvLAIAAAJJl0.png

carl-sagan-quote1.jpg

i-would-love-to-believe-that-when-i-die-i-will-live-again-carl-sagan-ancient-worldwide-cultural-traditions-afterlife-wishful-thinking.jpg

quote-for-me-it-is-far-better-to-grasp-the-universe-as-it-really-is-than-to-persist-in-delusion-however-carl-sagan-161439.jpg

3a786e45996304ef0fbd8314a10fe85b.jpg

sAv92.jpg

And possibly his most well known or oft used:

extra.jpg

I most likely will, but it still needs a fair bit of work. I just randomly typed out what was in my head on Friday, because I didn't want to stress you by responding to our story too fast, and had no others to reply to. After I post to ours, I'll continue on with that, xD

Good! (I guess calling you ‘bitch’ helps? I’ll keep that in mind :D)

You can respond to ours love. That’s okay. It just means it could take me a week or two to respond back depending on where you take it xD If you can wait that long, then post when you like. Just don’t pull a me and post within the hour xD I may not be as forgiving as you lol.

I'd expect nothing less from you!

I think I project my own 'stress' when I receive super quick responses, onto other people, so I try not to make mine too fast in return. And I can wait as long as it takes; no pressure, no hassle, is always the best. Don't worry, I wouldn't be capable of replying within the hour, though the thought of your reaction if I did almost makes it worth attempting, xD. I should have one for you in the next day or two.

Good! :D

I guess so, I mean you have certainly made me an advocate for not receiving long posts in return so quickly after working hard on mine xD So, yeah if that’s the same then you have that down easily!
Mm, no no, don’t even try it. It’s adorable when I do it. It’s be downright infuriating if you do it! xD

I did indeed get the opportunity to try a lamington! It was the traditional version, and it was pretty yummy! I'm not a fan of coconut but I did enjoy the dipped cake part.

Additionally the menu options included:

To eat:

Grilled sweet and spicy bush berry shrimp with pineapple, peppers, onions, and snap peas
Grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies
Lamington: Yellow cake dipped in chocolate and shredded coconut

To drink:

Coopers Brewery Extra Strong Vintage Ale
Château Tanunda Grand Barossa Dry Riesling
Bulletin Place Unoaked Chardonnay
Yangarra Estate Vineyard Shiraz

I may have to go back, once I figure out what "potato crunchies" are. xD

Malicious Lullaby said:
Good! :D

I guess so, I mean you have certainly made me an advocate for not receiving long posts in return so quickly after working hard on mine xD So, yeah if that’s the same then you have that down easily!
Mm, no no, don’t even try it. It’s adorable when I do it. It’s be downright infuriating if you do it! xD

I'm glad I could have some influence, xD. Infuriating? Would it be irritating as well? I mean, almost two years now, and you've said that I'm yet to irritate you. I'm feeling like I've failed, xD

Silvamoon said:
I did indeed get the opportunity to try a lamington! It was the traditional version, and it was pretty yummy! I'm not a fan of coconut but I did enjoy the dipped cake part.

They are nice, and so easy to make. The US has Girl Scouts selling cookies, it's Lamington's here. Lamb is pretty traditional as well, and seafood. Kangaroo on the menu might have been too much!

I'll refrain from asking just how many of those different drinks you sampled, xD.

Edit: And I have no idea what potato crunchies are either, Silv. When you find out, please let me know, xD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alas, no revelation of life discovered on Mars, but evidence of flowing water instead, which is the next best thing. If that appears on two planets in our Solar System, then the odds are pretty good that's it's common across the Universe, and life has formed elsewhere. It could still be on Mars, yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the stories about my Dad led to a writing partner jokingly suggesting that I should tell some about me as a kid. I don't like sharing too much, but here's one just for fun.

My nickname as a child, from my parents, was 'Obby'. Short for obnoxious! (I know, I know, people may find that difficult to believe!) It stems from when I was about eight years old, and watching Dad play cricket, when an adult lady said something to me in a tone that I didn't appreciate, so I answered her back. She then replied with, "Don't you speak to your elders like that," to which my return was, "Don't you speak to me like that". So, after a few more words, exasperated, she walked up to my Mother and said, "That's the most obnoxious child I've ever met." Hence, Obby, which mum still at times calls me today.

The funny thing was that when I repeated how the conversation went, my parents backed me up, and said I'd done the right thing. I guess we got 'permission' to talk back when we were young, if we disagreed with someone, regardless of who it was, and raised with the maxim of - one which I strongly believe in - "Courtesy is given, respect is earned."

Not quite as bad as my oldest sibling, though. We had a family with three boys, around the same ages as us, who lived down the street. We tried to befriend them, but their mother was a harridan, and every time we knocked on their door, they were always 'in the shower', 'doing their homework,' 'not allowed out', etc. One day, my oldest brother, at about age thirteen, was actually allowed into the house, and the first thing he noticed was a trophy cabinet. He turned to their Mother, pointed at it, and asked. 'What are they, bitch of the year awards?"

Suffice to say, the kids were always busy again after that.

And the above leads to something which was on my mind yesterday. How much it irks me whenever I hear, or read, "You have to respect other peoples beliefs and opinions." I couldn't disagree with anything more strongly.

I do totally believe in the words attributed to Voltaire:

quote-i-do-not-agree-with-what-you-have-to-say-but-i-ll-defend-to-the-death-your-right-to-say-it-voltaire-191140.jpg

And that everyone's right to have a belief or opinion should be respected. However, as to the opinion or belief itself, if I think it nonsensical, irrational, illogical, unsupported by evidence or not in tune with the facts, or that it doesn't square with my own ethical and moral principles, there's no way in hell that I'm going to 'respect' it. Or pretend that I do. xD

Perhaps it’s not a really good thing since I used to crave when people would respond back. Like two of my role plays right now, they haven’t responded back and I want to message them and tell ‘get the eff on with it man, I’m dying here!’ but that would be too naggy…

No, not really xD I don’t think it’d be possible for you to irritate me unless you were sitting right beside me and constantly poking my shoulder. My parents, now they are irritating. You, you’re a breath of fresh air because you’re not my mom and dad xD

Please tell more stories. I believe the one about you being obnoxious and I believe the one about your brother. I mean hell, your stories are amusing because you and your brothers are carbon copies in different ways, of your dad. Although I am wondering which of you three best embodies your mom the most unless all three of you are just like your dad; stubborn, obnoxious and assholy—of which I mean the last one in the most loving way possible, especially since you’re not that bad asshole but that funny asshole ^^

Malicious Lullaby said:
Perhaps it’s not a really good thing since I used to crave when people would respond back. Like two of my role plays right now, they haven’t responded back and I want to message them and tell ‘get the eff on with it man, I’m dying here!’ but that would be too naggy…

No, not really xD I don’t think it’d be possible for you to irritate me unless you were sitting right beside me and constantly poking my shoulder. My parents, now they are irritating. You, you’re a breath of fresh air because you’re not my mom and dad xD

Please tell more stories. I believe the one about you being obnoxious and I believe the one about your brother. I mean hell, your stories are amusing because you and your brothers are carbon copies in different ways, of your dad. Although I am wondering which of you three best embodies your mom the most unless all three of you are just like your dad; stubborn, obnoxious and assholy—of which I mean the last one in the most loving way possible, especially since you’re not that bad asshole but that funny asshole ^^

It's strange how things change, depending on what's happening. There's times when you desperately want replies, and others where you wish they'd hold on.

Mali, Mali, stop challenging me to irritate you, xD

We're all completely different, but also alike in a lot of ways as far as attitudes and principles go, and each have a bit of both Mum and Dad. On my first day at college - which, where I am, is Years 11 and 12, and my brother's had both gone through the same one -, the Physical Education teacher was taking our names, and when I gave mine, shook his head, rolled his eyes, and muttered, "Not another fucking 'Surname'. Their reputations, with him, for smart-assery, preceded me, though both were more trouble-makers than I ever was. Mum was raised on a farm, the youngest of nine children, with strict Catholic parents, so she can hold her own, xD. Now, that's it!

Yeah it is. I suppose it’s just the way things happen. That and I am a lot more serious about school this semester, that it’s my fear of getting expelled this time around or denied financial aid again that it making me not flop. If you light a flame under someone’s ass, they perform a whole lot better! So I think that’s also why I am enjoying slower responses because then I don’t feel conflicted anywhere.

Is it working? –insert eyebrow waggle here with smug grin-

LOL. That’s funny. That’s happened to me but not because my brother was a troublemaker but because he was a good kid so it was assumed by familial association that I’d be a good kid. Which I was. I was too terrified to do anything like what your and your brothers got away with xD I didn’t speak at all really lol. I was that chick who hid behind her hair lol. I even got called out for that one in 7th grade.

So you three had really strong parents then. Okay, now I can see where you each embody a bit of both of them and not just more of your dad. I reckon your mom is stubborn as hell too?
Are you sure you don’t want to tell more stories?

Some additional motivation, or consequences, always helps you to focus! It just relaxes me mostly, knowing my partner doesn't worry if my responses don't come super fast. This may sound strange, but it also, in my mind makes the story, and time, seem to flow more realistically. If you have ten responses a day, and the characters get to having sex, or whatever other distant point from the start, in the thirtieth, it appears as if things are happening way too fast for it to be real, but if you swap one or two a week, and still get to that same point in the same amount of posts, the 'time-lag' somehow changes my perception of how long it took to come about in the scene itself.

No, I just can't comprehend it. Usually I irritate people without even trying, xD

Believe it, or not, I actually was/am quiet, too. More one to mutter a smart-ass comment under my breath, which five minutes later people will get and start laughing, than loud, unless I vehemently disagree with something, or am 'told' what to do, though sometimes I can't help my mouth clicking into gear before my brain. My brother's are more the type to deliberately seek attention.

We do, and she's tough. Because my Dad was only home half the time, and us kids are all so different in a lot of ways, we joke/d with her about having had affairs with the 'Butcher, Baker and Boilermaker.' It's also fun to ask her, with her Catholic upbringing, about how my oldest brother was born exactly nine months after their wedding, and question the timing, xD

Sorry! It's weird, but there's a little demarcation line in my head. I don't mind sharing generalities, or stories about others or my family, and thoughts and opinions, but when it comes to actually talking about 'me', I don't reveal too much, particularly in a public forum, xD. At heart, I'm a very private person.

Back
Top Bottom