Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder Interest Check

kckolbe

Banned
Banished
I'm considering GMing a Pathfinder game for a small group (3-5 players). There are a few things you should know about me as a potential GM.

1) I'm not a particularly great GM. I am still working on describing scenes with more detail and just generally lacking when it comes to the "fluff" that really sets the mood.

2) I am new to the site. I don't know which players would be good fits and which won't be.

3) I am not particularly in tune with Golarion (the Pathfinder world).

If still interested, I am looking for a small group of players to run an adventure path with, starting at 2nd level. I know 1st is recommended, but I encourage non-standard groups and character concepts and don't like seeing tedious, inspect every room type of quests, so there's a free head start.

If interested, let me know what kind of campaign you'd enjoy, any preferences regarding character types (not mechanical), posting frequency/length, and anything else you want to include.

UPDATE: Still following since new interest has sparked.

i'm totally interested. I'd like a campaign focused on intrigue and sex, perhaps playing a spy type of character.

Consider me interested as well.

And I would not know why anyone would recommend 1 as starting level. Many groups begin at 4 or 5, since that gives a bit of plausibility to a more elaborate backstory. Also, casters seem to hit their stride once they get access to third level spells. It is your call, of course.

Personally I would of course prefer some enticing erotic content (this is Blue Moon, after all ;) ) and in general a plot not too heavy on riddle solving or dungeon crawling, instead sporting an intriguing story. And I would definitely prefer a smaller group for this.

I also have no objections to using some generic world you make up as we move along instead of Golarion, if that makes things easier for you.

Thanks for posting. Godfang, I do remember you from E, so nice to see you. Cherubian, based on your "about me," I look forward to RPing with you. When I mentioned level one, I was speaking of the modules I was looking at. I will be using Golarion, maybe just not involving a lot of it or missing some finer points. Thus far I am leaning toward the Crimson Throne adventure path, though I may have to modify it a bit to allow for less "appropriate" moments.

Woe is me, the pressure of high expectations...

Regarding the choice of modules ... well, I don't know any, so pick what you deem best.

I could be interested. Some quick questions, do you make use of traits, what level of technology for gunslingers, do you allow any third party materials, what's your views on templates, how do you do stats, and any house rules?

I wanted to hold off on addressing mechanics, as those conversations can take over a thread pretty quickly. Not sure what you mean by templates, though.

Nihilistic_Impact said:
These are templates, they raise your effective level.

OH! Didn't recognize the name, but yes, I am familiar with those. Really, I care more about how certain races/templates fit into a group concept than which I am comfortable with mechanically. I am not opposed to templates, and since you will be level 2, many of them should be workable.

UPDATE: Since there don't seem to be any objections, I am thinking of the group working for s "service-based" organization in a major city (Korvosa, most likely), that also dabbles in mercenary work.

I would want all of the characters to have at least one skill point invested in some kind of service-oriented skill, like perform or profession, which would be a form of cover.

I'd like to stay away from any concepts (including races) that might scare off potential customers. Exotic is fine, just not unnecessarily intimidating or unsettling. A half-orc guard, for example, would need a fair bit of diplomacy to make people feel comfortable.

Hopefully that gives you folks an idea of the setting.

Could you detail what sort of services that company would offer? Right now your description is a bit vague. Like I am not sure Profession(blacksmith) is what is wanted.

I did want to leave it vague, but my first thought was an entertainment business. Bards, dancers, stuff like that.

Now that is something I can work with. There should be one leftover point available for Perform(dance). Do not be afraid to be a bit specific.

You are not going to use the Book of Unlawful Carnal Knowledge and the sex rules contained within, are you?

Cherubian said:
Now that is something I can work with. There should be one leftover point available for Perform(dance). Do not be afraid to be a bit specific.

You are not going to use the Book of Unlawful Carnal Knowledge and the sex rules contained within, are you?

I wasn't planning on it. Was there a certain rule from it you were interested in? I'm willing to allow the Book of Erotic Fantasy.

Actually, as may have become apparent from my phrasing, I would prefer it if the book was not used. :)

If there's still room, I'd like to express interest in joining as well. The idea of a group of mercenary performers is quite interesting, and I agree with the requests for a game with intrigue and roleplaying rather than the roll-playing of dungeon crawls. Would we be the sort of mercenaries who are generally good, or the sort that do any job if it pays well enough? Frankly I'm on board either way.

I too would be interested! I am not overly familiar with the Pathfinder world either... have you thought of perhaps placing it in a D&D 3.5 world or something that others might be more familiar with?

I_Am_Nobody said:
If there's still room, I'd like to express interest in joining as well. The idea of a group of mercenary performers is quite interesting, and I agree with the requests for a game with intrigue and roleplaying rather than the roll-playing of dungeon crawls. Would we be the sort of mercenaries who are generally good, or the sort that do any job if it pays well enough? Frankly I'm on board either way.

I'd like an overall neutral group. I should point out that the city of Korvosa has an extremely lawful bent. I will point out that every building, dungeon, cave, etc in Pathfinder modules have a lot of rooms...too many, in fact. So those times will drag on a bit, but there is a lot of good stuff in between.

Rivine said:
I too would be interested! I am not overly familiar with the Pathfinder world either... have you thought of perhaps placing it in a D&D 3.5 world or something that others might be more familiar with?

There is no coherent D&D world. While I am new to Golarion, at least it exists and makes sense, with mechanics that fit within the world. I like what I've read about Golarion, and look forward to becoming more knowledgeable on it.

If your still taking on people, i would love to join. I can whip up or just use a character i already have made. If not thats fine.

Just a quick reminder for folks to check out the first post, as not many people are mentioning the things I asked for.

I'm always interested in a pathfinder game. Personally, I'm really up for any kind of campaign, and my post length varies, depending on what I have to work with.

As for characters, lately I've been contemplating making a character that specializes in shield bashing, just to try it out.

i'd play a ninja if allowed (refluffed if oriental culture is not prevalent in the setting)

Uuuuummmm character wise, that is up to you, like NPCs and what not. I would like to do a kingmaker run, May be Jade Regent or just any adventure you would like, I don't have a preference. Length, I think we should try for at least one whole paragraph, I mean come up guys. there is so much we can work with on these posts. Whats the character build........stystem for lack of a better word.

Seems we definitely have enough folks. So here is the basic stuff. Characters will be level 2. Use 25 points, point buy method. 2 traits allowed. Flaws allowed (one per char). Start with 1,000g. I'd prefer to use myth-weavers for character sheets. If that's an issue for anyone let me know. For health, max at first level, the average after that (round down on even levels, round up on odd). Core classes only.

Godfang, while a lot about ninjas makes sense (stealth, agility, etc), it would have to be refluffed. Still doable, though, maybe with one of the rogue archetypes.

Remember what was posted earlier in regards to theme. I'd like to keep character gender somewhat balanced.

As for dice rolls...I don't like invisible castle, because it is too easy to cheat. Would anyone object to using another site (and creating an account there) for dice rolls? It is a free site.

Also, any other questions?

Thank you for those additional details!

In answer to your earlier questions, I think 1-3 paragraphs isn't too hard. Also, I tend to play skill laden classes like rangers, warriors or bards.

I would be open to using another site if need be for rolls. I'm already getting to work on a few different possible characters.

Back
Top Bottom