Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder Interest Check

kckolbe

Banned
Banished
I'm considering GMing a Pathfinder game for a small group (3-5 players). There are a few things you should know about me as a potential GM.

1) I'm not a particularly great GM. I am still working on describing scenes with more detail and just generally lacking when it comes to the "fluff" that really sets the mood.

2) I am new to the site. I don't know which players would be good fits and which won't be.

3) I am not particularly in tune with Golarion (the Pathfinder world).

If still interested, I am looking for a small group of players to run an adventure path with, starting at 2nd level. I know 1st is recommended, but I encourage non-standard groups and character concepts and don't like seeing tedious, inspect every room type of quests, so there's a free head start.

If interested, let me know what kind of campaign you'd enjoy, any preferences regarding character types (not mechanical), posting frequency/length, and anything else you want to include.

UPDATE: Still following since new interest has sparked.

I've got a few different ideas for characters. The first one that came to mind was a bard I've played before, but given the adult nature of the site having a gnome hitting on all the ladies could either be awkward or hilarious. I've also got concepts for a monk and a sorcerer ready to go, though the monk may need refluffing like the ninja, depending on your plans for the game.

A question regarding your Perform or Profession skill requirement; would that be satisfied by things like Acrobatics or Illusion magic? Stuff that can be easily worked into a performance.

Regarding posts, I tend to at least 3-4 paragraphs and can go up to as many as you'd like, though I think it's reasonable for dialogue-heavy or combat scenes to have shorter posts. Re: gender I can play male or female as needed. No objections to using a different site for dice.

Nobody, while I can definitely see crowd appeal for those abilities, I am going to say no by themselves. At level two, you won't have a lot to offer in terms of magical displays (spells per day being limited). As for acrobatics, maybe if combined with Escape Artist. Those two go together and are both of limited use, so I could rule each as half of a perform skill.

Nihilistic, maybe not all base classes are restricted. I may have been overzealous there. There are a few I am uncomfortable with for either setting or balance reasons, so I initially wanted none of them, but I will allow some if everyone is cool with them. The ones I am willing to allow are Alchemist, Oracle, Inquisitor, and Witch.

Archetypes are fine, racial traits you'll have to run by me as I rarely see them used.

I am strongly leaning towards a Monk (or rather Nun) myself. Since there hopefully are ERP elements there is a certain appeal to be (near) 100% equipment independent. Now making the rules statistics match the mental image of her - multi attribute dependency and all - is another matter. :)

Post length should fit the occasion. 1-3 paragraphs sound fine, less in repetitive combat round n+1, more in highly explorative scenarios.

Dice rolls I am indifferent about. I personally would lean towards the honor system.

I'll set up a link for the dice rolling site. It will be on rpol if you are familiar with that. My user name there is the same as here. Any new questions (or old ones I missed)?

Wow, surprised I didn't say that earlier, sirix. I was confident I had, but I was wrong. Anywhere from 3-5 players depending on the concepts.

aaahhhh ok, well how are we bulding our characters, just pathfinder tradtional, or some point buy system,

Cool, will look it over tomorrow at the latest and get back to you. Everyone else still around?

Still here, working on the sheet. I nearly had it done when Mythweaver ate half of it.

Building a Tattooed Sorcerer, fyi.

All right, finally went through it. Your ranger appears to have 27 points spent on attributes and 19 ranks in skill points (including 3 ranks in Survival, which isn't possible at level 2). He should have more HP, though, so it isn't all negative.

As to concept, I'm not sure he fits. His dedication to hunting doesn't exactly fit an urban setting, and the performing in the streets seems really inconsistent with everything else. He seems the type of character that would abandon the city if things went south there, as he could live more comfortably (and more happily) in wilderness or frontier towns.

Nobody, sorry to hear about the char sheet. That does suck. A tattooed sorcerer seems fairly appropriate for a Varisian, if I remember correctly, since they have a fondness for tattoos.

Just a heads up for folks, sirix PMed me and is no longer interested.

I am guessing this is completely dead, but figured I'd poke it anyway. If you're still looking for people I could probably do something. My schedule freed up a bit so I'm looking for a system style and Pathfinder is pretty fun. I have some ideas, but figured I should poke this before I try.

Pair of ideas for DM approval before I flesh out:

A half elf bard, especially in Korvosa would be quite interesting. Probably thinking of doing interesting things with whips.

A human sorcerer with the Crossblooded Archetype, crossing Fey and Abyssal for some slightly chaotically inclined fun (not CE, just CN.)

As for other details as needed by the first post, I am ok with the "service industries" idea you had, I attempt to post what is called for, usually at least a paragraph, barring combat which tends to grind down to "I do a thing, it works/doesn't." and attempting to describe that but even then, it can be hard to do a full paragraph in combat :p Posting frequency would be at least 3-4 times a week (that would be a busy week) and more likely 1-2 a day. Anything I'd like to add? Well it seems most stuff has been covered so nothing I can think of.

Back
Top Bottom