Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite Video Game series/genre

Jonathan Frost

Planetoid
So. What is every ones favorite Video Game series and genre.

My favorite is the Metal Gear Solid series, as for favorite genre? survival horror such as Resident Evil, Silent Hill.

Hmm...I am pretty partial to Final Fantasy. I really loved FF 8 because it was one of my first Final Fantasy games and I really liked 10 I know a lot of people didn't but I loved the story.

A game I really enjoyed for the game play was Borderlands, it was one of the first games outside my usual type that I tried and I really enjoyed it.

I feel like I should put WoW on here but after playing FF XIV I think its been supplanted as the favourite.

One of my favourite franchises is Pokemon :D haha I am a big Pokemon nerd and I don't even care.

Lol. I loved Final Fantasy VIII. I used to base some of my old RP's off of Squall and Rinoa. I even still model what my characters look like after Squall.

As for Pokemon I am still pretty in to it. Though I haven't kept up with it lately. lol.

Aw I loved Squall and Rinoa's story even if he was a bit broody at times ahaha. Pokemon I...well lets just say I went out of my way to collect all but one of the current number which is 647 I believe *embarrassed*

Right now I am trying to branch off into some other gaming. I am playing a real simple and at times hilarious one called Knights of Pen and Paper. You play as a D and D group through a very odd campaign. There are all kinds of random geek culture references its great!

I also just got Don't Starve which I like a lot more than I thought I would. I am trying to get into Skyrim but I am so unused to the style of the controls especially on the PC I am having trouble enjoying the game.

I'm not much of a gamer these days, though I used to be back in the day. And in that day my favorite series were, by far, Castlevania and Legend of Zelda. To this day I still listen rather intently to any and all Castlevania music--original scores, midis and remixes alike--for all the games. And that even goes for the games I haven't played within the series. What can I say... something about hearing Bloody Tears or Vampire Killer just makes a girl smile. *blushes*

darkangel76 said:
I'm not much of a gamer these days, though I used to be back in the day. And in that day my favorite series were, by far, Castlevania and Legend of Zelda. To this day I still listen rather intently to any and all Castlevania music--original scores, midis and remixes alike--for all the games. And that even goes for the games I haven't played within the series. What can I say... something about hearing Bloody Tears or Vampire Killer just makes a girl smile. *blushes*

I freakin love Vampire Killer. Epic epic epic song!!!! lol sorry. I love the Castlevania series as well. I can't wait for Lords of Shadows 2 to come out. I loved the first one though I do miss the old style CV like it was wit hdawn of Sorrow and all the originals. However I hated. I repeat HATED, Castlevania 64. It was the most idiotic game ever. Other than Superman 64.

kuro_bara said:
Aw I loved Squall and Rinoa's story even if he was a bit broody at times ahaha. Pokemon I...well lets just say I went out of my way to collect all but one of the current number which is 647 I believe *embarrassed*

Right now I am trying to branch off into some other gaming. I am playing a real simple and at times hilarious one called Knights of Pen and Paper. You play as a D and D group through a very odd campaign. There are all kinds of random geek culture references its great!

I also just got Don't Starve which I like a lot more than I thought I would. I am trying to get into Skyrim but I am so unused to the style of the controls especially on the PC I am having trouble enjoying the game.

Have you tried Borderlands 2's DLC Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep? They bring D and D in to the Borderlands universe. Pretty hilarious. I actually play D and D every wednesday at my friends uncles place. quite fun lol.

I have Borderlands 2, but I haven't finished the main story. My husband and I are doing a video series of that and we haven't continued recording yet haha. I can't wait to get to that DLC though!

We play D and D whenever our whole group can find time. Sometimes its once a week sometimes once a month. Sometimes we change who DM's which has turned out to be very interesting. I never thought I would love it but I really do, my character was the only character carried over from our very first campaign because I loved her so much and she literally turned from a lawful good priest to an evil vampire at the end of the first campaign XD

This might be a bit old school, but not for me. The Legacy of Kain series. Loved it. Wish they could do a new one like all the other old ones that have found new life.

Legacy of Kain was pretty good. Though I don't know if they will. It was more of a cult following than anything.

@kuro_bara Really? lol I wish I still had my character from my very first campaign. right now I run three separate characters. a half elf ranger, a human warrior, and a dragonborn warlock.

Jonathan Frost said:
darkangel76 said:

I freakin love Vampire Killer. Epic epic epic song!!!! lol sorry. I love the Castlevania series as well. I can't wait for Lords of Shadows 2 to come out. I loved the first one though I do miss the old style CV like it was wit hdawn of Sorrow and all the originals. However I hated. I repeat HATED, Castlevania 64. It was the most idiotic game ever. Other than Superman 64.

It is epic. Nice to have someone agree there. *smiles* Not enough people appreciate the music that is Castlevania based, so hooray for that. I've never played the N64 Castlevania myself, so I'll just take you at your word there. I'm an old school gamer. My days of gaming is the what I deem the golden era of consoles, so like the 90s, hehe. That said, Castlevania 1, 2 and 3 are tops on my list as is Castlevania LoI. Despite this, I have decent knowledge the overall story and the music, well, as I said before... can't go wrong with any of it.

I'm also a fan of the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat series. Again, think golden era and I don't care if I'm dating myself somewhat. The way I see it, I'm reminding people of just how awesome the 90s were for gaming. *smiles*

Quite a bit of fighting, adventure, and/or RPG-esque games.

Most of what I have included in my search thread are answers but to name a few ....

Shadow Hearts [This did not get as much attention as it should have. Such a real shame.], Persona series, Shin Megami series, Far Cry 3, Tekken [I've played since the 2nd one. Love it!], Injustice: Gods Among Us [Holy hell did they make a brutal Superman in that one], some of the Final Fantasies I have done, Dragon Age ....

There's definitely a lot more but I'm not gonna list them all =P

@Darkangel. Lol. I don't think you are dating your self with that. To tell the truth I've been gaming since the Atari 2600. So put that in to a bit of perspective. But I do agree it was the golden era of gaming. However the newer games are pretty damn good. I don't mean just graphically wise but storyline wise as well.

@LadyYuna I totally agree. Shadow hearts did not get the just rewards it so richly deserved. It was an awesome game series that should of gotten a HELL of a lot more attention than it did. Unfortunately it has gone the way of the cult classic.

Well thank you, hehe. And perspective is all in the eye of the beholder. ;) Though yes, the 90s--and possibly the 80s even--was the golden age. I did the ATARI thing during the 80s and the console thing during the late 80s and the entirety of the 90s. I even did the arcade thing, lol. I can't even begin to tell you how awesome it was to be that girly girl who'd put her quarter up for a round of Street Fighter II, have the boys scoff and sneer and then when it would be my 'up'... oh yeah. Hehehe. It was beautiful. Too bad I'm rusty now. But it was sheer bliss back in the day. :)

@Jonathan I have other characters in other styles of Tabletop like Shadowrun and Star Wars but my D&D character has a special place in my heart.

@Darkangel I know you recommended the Castlevania games to me before and right after you did my friend lent me two of them for the DS. I haven't gotten to play them yet. I've been on a PC gaming spree lately.

My all time favorite game has got to be Resident Evil 2. I seem to always go back for another playthrough every year or so, I just can't seem to escape it. But out of recent games, I'd have to say Dragon's Dogma, just because I've been getting so deeply into the universe lately.

@darkangel I loved arcade gaming. Thats where I met some of my best friends, playing DDR and Marvel vs Capcom 2. epic epic days. lol.

@kuro I've only played a few tabletop games, D&D being the main one followed by Gamma World and some Marvel tabletop game. By far D&D is best. I've never really felt the need to do Warhammer though. Id be broke if I did lmfao.

@Hellscream I love the Resident Evil series. Played every one of them religiously other than the crap ones like Operation Raccoon City or gaiden for the game boy. Dragon's Dogma is pretty good yet at the same time I need to get in to it more.

@kuro. It really doesn't seem all that interesting to me either. The concept is sound to me but the execution just doesn't float my boat. Setting up takes quite a while. You don't get a whole lot done as there is a lot of arguments about whats going on (At least from what I have seen.) just doesn't appeal to me.

Jonathan Frost said:
@Darkangel. Lol. I don't think you are dating your self with that. To tell the truth I've been gaming since the Atari 2600. So put that in to a bit of perspective. But I do agree it was the golden era of gaming. However the newer games are pretty damn good. I don't mean just graphically wise but storyline wise as well.

@LadyYuna I totally agree. Shadow hearts did not get the just rewards it so richly deserved. It was an awesome game series that should of gotten a HELL of a lot more attention than it did. Unfortunately it has gone the way of the cult classic.
Yay, someone who knows what I speak of! The 1st was by far the best. It seemed to get worse as each new game came out rather than better ... an interesting trend. But I definitely did not like the third too much. Well, not on the protagonist side. I found myself rooting for Lady and Killer more.

This made me cry but here's a good AMV devoted to Lady & Killer if you (or anyone who wants to) wanna check it out. It's more significant a bit if you've played the game to better understand it though that may just be my opinion. Anyways, here it is:

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI7SFWDiBsk[/video]

I started playing a game the other day called Dust; An Elysian Tail its kind of adorable and a fun little time passer.

Back
Top Bottom