Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Favorite Video Game series/genre

Legend of Zelda (especially TP, WW, and MM)
Silent Hill
Animal Crossing
Fatal Frame
Minecraft (I play the XBOX version)
Left 4 Dead (Both games)
Mario Party (I like all the Mario games, but the Parties are my favorites~)

I'd have to say Final Fantasy and Pokemon are my favourite series. I absolutely loved Final Fantasy 8,9 and 10, and 13 and 13-2 are pretty awesome too. Star Ocean is a good game to play, so is Lost Odyssey, The Last Remnant is a good one too. I also like Dragon's Dogma, Tekken, Soul Calibur and DragonBall Raging Blast.

I enjoy a lot of different video games but I definitely prefer RPG's.
My absolute favorite is The Legend of Zelda series <3333

So much orgasmic love obsession for the series! Tehe~

Oh god it's so hard to compare games cross-genre because I look at different things in each. So I'm gonna have to break 'em down into genres.

Role-Playing: Bioshock
Strategy: Civilization
Shooter: Quake
Side-Scroller: Contra
Puzzle: Prince of Persia (the trilogy, not that new shit)

Overall favorite genre would have to be strategy. I blame my dominant streak - I just love having an empire at my beck and call.

I would have to say that my favourite genre of game would have to be RPG's. I just prefer longer games that take a while to complete.

My own personal favourite video game of all time is without a doubt Neverwinter Nights. Not for the setting, or the game play. But the Aurora Toolset. Such a powerful tool for the player base to utilise... Playing that game is what introduced me to role playing and changed the way I perceive video games for life. It'll always hold a special place in my heart...

Such a shame that Cryptic totally funked up the revival effort.

My favorite genre is action RPG but my favorite series is probably Sonic the Hedgehog (the Genesis/Megadrive ones)

Gah...hard to choose, ya' know? When it comes to fighting, Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are my number one choice. Played them in the arcades, and back in home consoles. PSX is my favourite console, and I play (Yes, still play until last weekend) Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha and Mortal Kombat 2, and I must say I don't get bored. My thumbs only get erased, that is.

When it comes to platform it's hard to decide. Either Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon are perfect choices, and only God knows how many times have I fully completed them in the past two to three years. I mean, I play on my PSX since I was 4. It broke down when I was 16 and know I play them on an emulator. Dang...If my dad hadn't been a technician, that good ol' thrustworthy Playstation may had died within a year of having bought it. I used to play...more than 8 hours a day, and now I barely have time...

XENOSAGA :D including Xenogears of course great series love the story so much. Gameplay is never Brilliant but the story is very well done and I have yet to find a Video game that gets even CLOSE to the amount of character development and story. Each has a HUGE amount of time and effort put into it with literally (This trilogy itself can clock in 140 hours of just pure story. then add in xenogears and you have a beautiful universe.)

For games I enjoy playing just to play. I like tactics style game such as Fire Emblem (older versions more then new as I find it way to easy to become overpowered and wreck everything) and Final Fantasy Tactics etc.

Zero_Kyrael said:
XENOSAGA :D including Xenogears of course great series love the story so much. Gameplay is never Brilliant but the story is very well done and I have yet to find a Video game that gets even CLOSE to the amount of character development and story. Each has a HUGE amount of time and effort put into it with literally (This trilogy itself can clock in 140 hours of just pure story. then add in xenogears and you have a beautiful universe)
I was disappointed in the third game there were supposed to be three games before that so they tried to smash the story of four ganes into one. It was supposed to be a six game series.

Final Fantasy was my first game series but lately its been killing me to see its decline.

The Silent Hill Trilogy was brilliant and will always be my favorite series of Survival Horror games.

Pokemon - I may be a grown ass man but I'll never outgrow my intense obsession with Pokemon.

Fire Emblem - Tactical RPG that truly punishes you for not thinking your actions through.

Tales of, zelda, FF, sonic and the first 3 mortal kombats.. I can't think of any I religiously follow these days, trying to get the first Ateleir to start on that.

Oh Hyperdimension Neptunia

Pokemon, Castlevania, Persona, Mario, Kirby, Dynasty Warriors, and as a guilty pleasure, those anime fighting games, like Dragonball Z and Naruto, I love them for some reason.

You can't go wrong with RP or Strategy games, but for me MMOs beat all because the social aspect of many of them. In the end, video games are just another way for me to hang out and get to know others (since I hiss at the sun light). If 'Star Wars' in general can be counted as a series, then I'd go with that (SWG ftw :3), but if not, then Mount & Blade has been my most recent obsession. I can't wait for Mount & Blade Bannerlord!

Honestly. I have to say Fallout, Dragon Warrior, Mother series. All three have such an interesting lore to them, as well as being such enjoyable games to sit down for hours and play. Fallout being the very close first. After playing Fallout 2 I just couldn't not stop thinking about it forever.

My_Apocalypse_Pony said:
I love Mario, and everything about it. Also, the Katamari series is so amazing and nostalgic for me

Right now i am obsessed with little big planet 1&2

I would love Mario more if I really didn't just suck at it :(

never been able to finish it, closest I got was the peach lead remake

Favorit genre would have to be RPGs. From Mass Effect to Elder Scrolls, Champions of Norrath to Xenosaga- a game where you can customize most aspects of your character to make them YOUR character is always up my alley.

As to favorite series.... tough. But it'd be a tie bewteen Zelda, Mass Effect, and Elder Scrolls.

Basically I only play rpg's.I've beaten one of every gen Pokemon game, Nearly every Zelda game except the first two and Skyward sword, every golden sun game, and ffvii, viii, and is.Currently playing Xenogears and etrian odyysey iv., as well as ffxiii, which I just got.Going to try to get tales of vesperia when I get a job.

I've always been fond of Breath of Fire from the Playstation. If for no other reason than the blue baby dragon was just so cute at the beginning. I haven't played it in forever but I have such fond memories of it.

Back
Top Bottom