Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

I haven't been super involved in the story to be entirely honest. I kinda get the gist of it and skip through, which really isn't the way I usually play any game > ~< I kinda figured when I was done "OH MY GOSH I NEED ALL THE LEVELS EVER RIGHT NOW" I would read a synapses or something.

Just hit 24 CNJ last night, 15 in weaving and I've dinked around on THM a bit too. I think I'll be sticking in CNJ/WHM path for the most part but I want quick cast and a couple skills from the Arcanist class so... guh, I really do enjoy this game I can't stop "Oh I need to do this, oh, and this, and that, and oh my goodness me..." It's beginning to get very hard to keep my priorities straight.

I'm kind of wondering, at the time, if I should be investing time into melding materia into my gear or waiting till later levels. . o. Any advice?

I have my Arcanist/Summoner/Scholar to 41, weaving to 38, botany to 36...I think and a conjurer 19 and thaumturge 15. I didn't bother a whole lot with materia. It works kind of odd I started adding some to my crafting gear though.

yeah tell me about it, Titan HM is a nightmare, got my PLD relic and SMN relic from him now though....just every other job to go then I'll be happy! lol

:D Hi I am on FFXIV ARR. I have been having a lot of fun without it thought turn 5 is just a giant pain in the butt. Have you got to try the lightning FATE battle yet? I have not had a chance just trying to cap out Myth tomes.

SomethingEsoteric said:
I haven't been super involved in the story to be entirely honest. I kinda get the gist of it and skip through, which really isn't the way I usually play any game > ~< I kinda figured when I was done "OH MY GOSH I NEED ALL THE LEVELS EVER RIGHT NOW" I would read a synapses or something.

Just hit 24 CNJ last night, 15 in weaving and I've dinked around on THM a bit too. I think I'll be sticking in CNJ/WHM path for the most part but I want quick cast and a couple skills from the Arcanist class so... guh, I really do enjoy this game I can't stop "Oh I need to do this, oh, and this, and that, and oh my goodness me..." It's beginning to get very hard to keep my priorities straight.

I'm kind of wondering, at the time, if I should be investing time into melding materia into my gear or waiting till later levels. . o. Any advice?

Wait on Materia Melding!! The 2star crafted gear if you fully Meld materia into it can be Best in Slot for some classes and if not still really good. However, before that level of gear unless you are throwing some lvl1/2 materia you got yourself from spirit Bonding don't waste the Gil trying to get materia into items it just not worth it and at 50 you will have to farm Darklight or Buy/Craft 2star gear so best to just hold out.

I haven't played since October, kind of lost the drive. I'll probably pick it back up when it's on PS4 and ther'es more content.

noelkriess said:
yeah tell me about it, Titan HM is a nightmare, got my PLD relic and SMN relic from him now though....just every other job to go then I'll be happy! lol

I just want my WHM one then I'll be happy = 0= I've come this far in the relic quest I don't want to start over for another job's till I finish but at the same time... o . e I'm begging to think I just can't friggin' hack it as a WHM.

My guild is getting into the 8 man fights now >D and six of us have hit level 50 on one or more character. We have been having a great time with this game and I can't WAIT for the housing update. We are all on the Diabolos server though.

if anyone is bored and whats to check out what the 8 man fights look like we will be streaming tonight in about an hour probably. www.twitch.tv/branwyne

Has anybody else watched any of the videos or read about the live letter that came out the other day?

Kind of curious how the item level changes for AK and Allagan items will play out. If you didn't know, Allagan items will become 95 and the stats will be raised to make them more attractive than the level 90 armour given from Mythology tokens, I suppose rewarding players for running Coil more (and with the raise of Mythology cap to 450/w it will encourage players to challenge themselves for the best gear instead of grinding out WP/AK?) AK gear will be lowered to 55 and the 3 new dungeons (HM copperbell and haukke, and the new one) will offer the new level 60 armour. Personally I like the idea of making the new dungeons more attractive for gear but I feel they should drop 65 instead? For players reaching 50 for their first time I don't see any reason for them to go to AK anymore except accessories unless the new HM's won't drop them or WP useless except for your weapon or speed running and if that's the case for players who don't care about the experience and just want the tommes why even bother with any of the new three unless they're some how faster than WP. To me bringing AK's armour down to 55 essentially makes a few pieces of the set useless and me feel like I got cheated running the dungeon countless times for my lvl 60 gear before buying my DL/artifact items. I do like the idea of raising Coil drops to 95 though!

... or something like that. o we

Just curious on people's thoughts and feelings about those changes and others like the DRG/MNK dps increases and potential drop of BRD's.

If you haven't checked it out and want to this is the video I watched for the breakdown - Mr. Happy's other videos have also helped me in a lot of ways, check them out if you haven't! Live letter X summary and thoughts

So out of curiosity, is anyone still actively playing or have you fallen into the MMO trap of grinding so much that you have grown bored and abandoned ship. For the record, I am still a fairly active player XD

I've been o addicted to FF: ARR that I am just now noticing this thread.

I've got a lvl 50 summoner and lvl 50 scholar and I'm working on making a bard next along with a white mage, but I do have a predicament.

My lvl 50 summoner and lvl 50 scholar quests to get the final piece of my armor are whooping my ASS. As a scholar I can't seem to keep my marauder partner alive and she's not doing a good job keeping stuff off of me. As a summoner I'm just getting my ass creamed. Titan isn't holding Ifrit's attention and I can't even get past the summoned Ifrit. Sucks since I know that Titan and Garuda will be summoned after that. I'm working on upping the lvl of my gear, but I'm thinking of just dropping it at this point.

BUUUUT I still love this game. I'm on the Famfrit server, f.y.i if anyone wants to play with me :D I'm still actively playing.

Lady Bloody Ava said:
I've been o addicted to FF: ARR that I am just now noticing this thread.

I've got a lvl 50 summoner and lvl 50 scholar and I'm working on making a bard next along with a white mage, but I do have a predicament.

My lvl 50 summoner and lvl 50 scholar quests to get the final piece of my armor are whooping my ASS. As a scholar I can't seem to keep my marauder partner alive and she's not doing a good job keeping stuff off of me. As a summoner I'm just getting my ass creamed. Titan isn't holding Ifrit's attention and I can't even get past the summoned Ifrit. Sucks since I know that Titan and Garuda will be summoned after that. I'm working on upping the lvl of my gear, but I'm thinking of just dropping it at this point.

BUUUUT I still love this game. I'm on the Famfrit server, f.y.i if anyone wants to play with me :D I'm still actively playing.

I main SCH, originally I main'd WHM and Alt'd SMN so I know a thing or two about a thing or two. SMN I remember being quite difficult but as long as you're doing your optimal rotation you should be fine - as far as I remember I didn't even attack Ifrit I just kept on burning the black summoner that way Titan could hold Ifrit no problem :) With SCH I think you have to do a little damage yourself instead of only healing - if that doesn't work don't forget to use your eye for an eye, virus and shadow flare to mitigate a bit of the damage if you aren't! :D

-Also, almost everybody on BMRP who plays FFXIV plays on "Diablos" there are ten of us I think? -active Link Shell and FC with a bunch of folks that are plenty helpful and for the most part ready to help with just about anything from low level to end game!

Yes there is quite a decent group of us Diabolos and like Eso said we are always willing to help out! Currently we have a decent mix of new players and high item lvl players so there is always someone to run stuff with.

New rogue class and ninja job!! I'm so freakin excited. My own safe assumption: Ninja = Lvl 30 Rogue and Lvl 15 Thaumaturge.

Back
Top Bottom