Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Oh I see, my friend did say when he tried installing the pre-order client the PS3 told him he already had the same thing installed.

I don't think so, on XI they were bigger than the characters ingame and they didn't get in the way at all, I just want to run around with a big Ifrit by the side of me, not as big as he is ingame, but bigger than they are right now.
I just can't wait untill saturday....I really want to play it again!

I know how you feel about wanting play, I can't wait. My friends and I are planning an FF day. Play the game all day and then get together in the evening and hang out :D

My friends and I are doing the same, but we're going to play from as soon as the early access goes live, untill we pass out from lack of sleep :p

Woooooo. Even with the instance issues, I'm still enjoying this game.

Found a friendly roleplayer from across the pond to level with. We're doing a Warrior/White Mage end game set up.

I am trying to remain positive about the issues, I know they need to be addressed and access can be difficult but *whines* I wanna play my gameeeeeeee >.>

Awesome that you found a roleplay partner! Do you stay in character all the time in game? Do you play to the existing story or make stuff up? Im kind of curious.

So from further discussion with other members it seems like they're just trying to create software fixes to adjust for the massive influx of players.

They probably won't upgrade the servers because there's always that crazy over population at launch, and the playerbase usually cuts by a huge margin in the first three months.

With what happened in SW:ToR being a huge warning, they're not going to invest a ton into extra hardware that may not be a valid long term investment.

Meh I've given up on trying to get on today at all. We are now sittin around having a couple beers lol. I'm sure things will be better come Tuesday.

So what about the RP stuff ^^ you never answered my question?

Oh, we haven't roleplayed yet. I think we want to at least get some gear we really like.

And honestly, the servers are totally fine after 1 AM.

In the following three days after open beta closed the pre orders sold strong enough to get to number one on Amazon and break Japanese PSN records. They're trying to make their servers match a player capacity that's STILL INCREASING with each day.

You'd be very surprised how long it takes for a large corporation to acquire and install new hardware if they didn't plan for it.

Also the internet links running to JP are f*cking stellar. Like TGN-P for instance. 7 Terrabits.

http://www.cablemap.info/

I WANT MY RIIIIIIIGGGG. I'm just on a laptop right now, but I really really really really really really really want to play this.

I enjoy support roles, so I'll probably do a bard, offtank monk, or scholar. Any server ideas? I don't have any consoles anymore, so it'll be PC only for me.

I got on whatever I could on early access, I'm currently on an EU server but I'm not really experiencing any issues.

I don't think the monk can off-tank. they are pure dps, the marauder/warrior is the established off tank if I recall.

As for server recommendations, whatever you can get on. Mine and many of the originals can no longer have new characters added to them T_T

And the issues have gotten a lot better, its just the login restrictions that are still frustrating some people. I couldn't get on at all Sunday but the last two days I was fine as long as I got on in the morning and stayed on.

The monk does have a self heal as well as high evasion and evasion buffing skills. I'm thinking they might be able to off tank if built right.

HOWEVER, I'm just looking forward to the Bard job. That'll be my main. Ranged attacks with party buffs WOOOO

I actually thought the number of concurrent connections in an MMO would be a lot higher than that. Awesome about the free time though, glad to see they are offering a bit of compensation :)

Login Issue Update
I know many of you are still affected by the World login and character creation restrictions, so I would like to give you all a brief update on the progress of the measures we are taking to alleviate this situation.

Current Server Status

To ensure as many players as possible can log in and create characters on existing servers, our development and operations teams are monitoring server load and population around the clock, placing and removing restrictions with even the slightest fluctuation in numbers in order to maintain near-full capacity on each World. We are still experiencing maximum concurrent connection numbers of over 230,000 users. This number, however, has taxed some of our instance servers, and is causing unexpected down time here, as well.

Scheduled Maintenance for Wednesday, September 4 (Japan Time)

The addition of new Worlds, as well as the adjustments to the duty finder servers, will be complete as of tomorrow. We will then enter our final internal testing phase of these features in preparation. If the results from these tests are favorable, we will conduct an extended all-World maintenance on Wednesday (Japan time). Once the new Worlds are implemented and the duty finder server load has been redistributed over smaller World server groups, we believe that many of the login issues that players are currently experiencing will clear.

When Worlds do finally reopen after the maintenance, we expect a rush of players trying to log back in. To prevent any further login issues, we will be using the utmost caution when restarting each World. Please understand that there may be some congestion at this time.

The development and operations teams are currently dedicating their full resources to alleviating the issues at hand and providing all of our players with a stable environment in which to experience the realm of Eorzea.

Free Trial Extension

To apologize to our loyal fans who may not have been able to login or create characters during early access and the days immediately following launch, the development and operations teams are currently considering providing all player accounts with an additional seven days to their free trials. This includes non-legacy players from 1.0, who will be given new seven-day free trials. Trial extensions will be awarded after the aforementioned server maintenance on Wednesday. Details on the trial extension, including the extension period, will be released in a separate post as soon as they have been solidified.

We thank our fans again for the overwhelming support you have shown us over the past week. The response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn has well exceeded our expectations, and unfortunately resulted in our inability to provide the service which we originally intended. We humbly ask for your continued patience as we work to alleviate the issues as we truly appreciate all of our fans. We are very sorry for the frustration that has resulted from these problems.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida

Today was the first time all week that I have been able to just login and play. Yesterday I wasn't able to do shit. Trying to get my Dargoon but when I started playing with my Mar I just said fuck it and took a nap.

Well, me and one of my FC friends just joined a bunch of level 50s for the first kill of behemoth on Odin server! there was alot of death...alot of raising, and alot of racing hearts! lol

Yeah, we were just exploring and then poof, he popped right infront of us, then almost everyone in the zone came to kill him!
It was alot of fun, although both of us were only level 38 so it was a very tough fight, but being in the first group to kill him on our server is an amazing feeling!

Odin is a pretty good server, I would recommend it full of friendly people willing to help :D

Well I've been playing it alot lately...whenever I can get on that is, the only reason I'm not playing now is because yet again I'm having log in problems...

Back
Top Bottom