Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

You're on Odin, Noel? Me too!

I unlocked Dragoon a day or so ago, but I've been sort of leveling my MRD on the side because I don't want my friends to have to search forever to find a tank for their classes. I kind of enjoy it, but MRD isn't really an offtank anymore, you can full on tank with it. It's just a different style of tanking.

Yup, level 42 Summoner on Odin :D
I've been thinking about going tank for my next level 50, thing is the tanking system seems very different to what I'm used to from FFXI, luckily I've got a few FC friends willing to do some practice dungeon runs with me so I can get used to tanking ^^

Its always great to have friends like that. I finally got my summoner though I did terrible the first couple of tries against the ifrit egi.

I dunno, I find the concept of tanking in this game to be fairly straightforward. I pretty much just ran dungeons until I was comfortable and I knew what to do. Then again, I never really tanked before in MMOs so who knows

Yeah Ifrit egi was annoying...Titan egi is pretty easy, and I haven't done Garuda yet...I just tried getting on but shock horror there are still log in issues....

Well the tanking on XI was pretty straight forward, one mob with each pull, keep hate, simple stuff and I was good at it, but it seems to play very different from XI so it's all new to me, I think I'll be fine it's just nice to get in some practice first.

Still haven't purchased it. Gotta get the rig fixed up first. Hopefully I'll hear back from somewhere about a job here soon. Interview tomorrow though.

Hopefully I can land this job at a local PC repair shop.

I've been holding off on leveling my main class waiting for my friends to catch up. :3 They are all working and Im not so its kind of hard XD

@DJ when you do get the game you should join Diabolos *grin*

Luckily my friends all play with me while we're all online, so we all hit 50 around the same time, now working on end game content and leveling up all my other classes :D

Nooo! Everyone must join Odin! >:D

No way, Odin is awesome. speaking of Odin, lastnight while I was playing was the second time I saw Odin on my server, missed fighting him both times though :(

Hello everyone, I've been toying around with the idea of picking up FF xiv: A Realm Reborn but I'm a little stuck on whether or not I should pick it up for my PS3 or computer, my computer's results for running it are in the mid-range of passable so I expect a mixed bag of results (probably a handful of screen tear choppiness) - also final fantasy xi's controls never quite worked right on this computer (lap top) I could never quite get the compact 1/2 to work how I wanted them to and 30 bucks for a keyboard to plug into my console doesn't seem like a hassle to me if I'm already going out to buy the game in the first place.

Also I was curious if it is a single server for both PS3 and PC players or are they split, and if making an account is as much of a darn hassle as ff xi was?

Either way, I will probably be buying it just as soon as I've had my fair share of fun with KH 1.5, maybe I'll get to see some of you folks IG! c:

Well I think it's worth every penny, I've been having alot of fun with it, for the people who are already playing it I got my Ifrit Grimoire tonight so I'm very happy with that :p

As for servers both PS3 and PC gamers play together on the same servers, and making an account is pretty simple really.
The game plays well on PS3 as long as you have a USB keyboard for typing, and help with the targeting system.

This game has pretty much replaced every other MMO for me. I really enjoy it, I'm not as big a fan of it on the PS3 compared to PC but lots of people who are playing on console really like it so that really depends on your play style. :)

Well, my impulsive personality has demanded I buy it, I went out not long after posting that and bought the PS3 version and a wireless keyboard - fingers crossed it works with PS3 > w<

PS3 says 80 minutes D; I really wish I didn't have to work in the morning.

Is it like FFXI where you had to pay per-character/server? It's bad enough when you start a character on a server and want a new one on another to play with familiar people, a little worse when it bumps up your sub-cost xD

There are a few different subs that you can choose from, one of them is just one character on one world.
The sub I'm on let's me create 8 characters, not that I really need to thanks to SE letting us do every class on one character.

I have no idea what my sub is but I am happy with my one character. As for servers I think we've all mentioned which ones we are on. Odin, Diabolos and Balmung? I guess so you have your options depending on who want you to play with.

Are any of those NA? I saw one was full and another eu I don't remember which was which though. Either way I played till about lol 8 on conjurer last night. Gosh I'm already in love with this game. It's so pretty ;w;

kuro_bara said:
Diabolos is an AN server and still open to my knowledge but if you already joined one then I guess thats that :3

It only took me a couple hours no big loss when compared to having some company~

Haha fair enough! I have a small Free Company with a group of friends so if you do join Diabolos let me know and I can add you.

Back
Top Bottom