Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

noelkriess said:
Yeah I guess, I was just expecting something abit more player friendly.....still I think I'm going to skip the beta and early access, the next time I play XIV I want it to be full so I don't have to stop, so this early access code of mine is useless to me now.

I'm sure someone on reddit would enjoy it.

Also...this question came up sort of as a joke on NeoGaf, but it kind of made me think.

Will Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn allow same sex in game marriage?

As far as I know they haven't allowed this in any other MMO, the closest I can think of is the same sex npc romances in SW:ToR that were in a single mission string with only one potential same sex NPC.

I was wondering the same thing myself, back when I played XI alot of the people I knew wanted same sex marriage on that, so maybe it will happen in ARR.
Plus if, like me, a male decides to make a female character, and then wants to get married ingame it's abit unfair that we miss out on the event (and I'm hoping gear too, because there was wedding gear in XI) just because they both have female characters.

As for same-sex marriage, this is an extremely controversial topic that has been under discussion in the MMO world for the past few years. First we would like to start out with opposite-sex marriage, and then consider the feedback from our players in order to make a careful decision. I can't say whether or not it will be possible at this point in time. I'd like to keep dialog open with our players as we deliberate the matter.

He's not saying no, but he's got to be diplomatic. With the way Japan's surface culture is (It's sub culture is all about Yaoi/Yuri) he can't just come out and say that Squeenix supports gay marriage.

I just worry this will end up like SW:ToR and the vocal minority will scare them away from going for it.

I suppose even if they don't include same sex I can just make other characters to get both male and female versions of the gear, that's the only reason I'm even interested in the marriage stuff honestly, I like having all the rare gear and event gear.

So two days until Beta, the 16th for those of us in Phase 3.

I'm planning to roll on Balmung for the Legacy Server roleplay experience.

I had to reinstall the beta launcher did anyone else have to do this? Also I am debating on starting my Arcanist in this beta, I am little worried that something may happen and she won't get rolled over and I'll have to start all over XD

Was it the Phase 4 beta launcher? Because they disabled the ones used for Phase 3. I've not yet had to reinstall the Phase 4 one.

Beta client is now letting people download the game.

I'll hopefully see some of you guys on Gilgamesh/Balmung, the two RP servers.

I was playing the beta ll day today with a friend of mine, they appear to have made some very smart changes to the way it works on the PS3, had alot of fun, already have my Arcanist up to level 16, very much enjoying the new class.

We both found it quite funny that without really trying very hard we've almost hit the beta level cap already.
It's not going to take us very long to hit the 50 cap, I hope they have plans to increase it soon.

So who had lots of fun in the Beta?

noelkriess said:
We both found it quite funny that without really trying very hard we've almost hit the beta level cap already.
It's not going to take us very long to hit the 50 cap, I hope they have plans to increase it soon.

Every character needs to hit fifty multiple times. Arguably if you're just going to do two classes and half the non-combat ones that's like...500 levels.

We're planning on getting every class to 50, both combat and non-combat, even so I don't think it'll take very long, plus I would like them to increase the level cap to add more abilities for the classes, as well as new gear and things like that, in an ideal word, and sticking with the theme in most FF games, I'd love for the level cap to be 99

I had a great time with the beta though I think I went a little overboard, I got my Arcanist to 20, weaver 20, botanist 14 and thaumturge to 13. I pretty much played every waking moment of the weekend. XD

Yeah I found it hard to stop playing too, even more so once I unlocked the dungeon runs, I lost count how many Tam-Tara runs I did....can't wait for saturday, I've heard we can already start entering our early access beta codes, but last I heard the system wasn't working properly due to so many people trying to register them all at once.

So did anyone talk about the whole 'people claiming they're getting the wrong region early access codes' on Reddit and what have you?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...g_as_intended/

Some say they get past the error 3, but get another code that's the wrong region.

From the FF XIV Twitter feed.

FINAL FANTASY XIV ‏@FF_XIV_EN 3m

We're aware that some NA users are receiving EU-region codes and are working to address that as well. We'll be sure to keep you updated.

They currently have the redemption site disabled or at least the ability to put in the codes while the investigate the issue. I was not able to redeem mine I got the error 3. I will just wait to see if they resolve the issue by Saturday.

Lol noel I never even made it Tam Tara. I got to level 20 with my Arcanist right after completing Satasha. So I have that dungeon to look forward to when the game goes live. Though I will probably help my friends get leveled up first since we have a pretty balanced group. (Gladiator, Arcanist, Conjurer and Archer and possibly a Thaumturge if that friend gets the game for launch)

I got all three dungeons unlocked, wanted to go and fight Ifrit but I'll wait till the full game.
The dungeons are great fun, with lots of good loot :D
What server did you end up going for Kuro? If you ever use the duty finder we may run into eachother since it searches cross-server ^^
Also have you decided if you're going to role Scholar or Summoner?

I chose Diablos, and from what I understand as long as I meet the conditions I can do both but I will stick primarily with Summoner I think.

Ah I see, my friends and I stuck with Odin, we've already started our linkshell too.
I'm going with Summoner as my main aswell, although I've heard the summons we get are quite small, I've seen pictures of the Ifrit, Titan, and Garuda summons we are able to use, not a huge fan of how they look, and if what I read is true then I'm not a huge fan of the size either, back on FFXI the summons were pretty big and looked the same as the primal, but still I love the class :D

Oh we can? perfect, I will redeem it A.S.A.P and get the download and everything done ready for saturday.

Apparently if you had the beta 4 client you can just leave it installed. Its the exact same version. I was invited to a linkshell but I will be doing one myself once the game launches, what I really want to get started is our Free Company but you have to progress further in the story to unlock the ability to start one. I have the money saved up already though.

I like the way the Ifrit summon looks and I don't mind the size. I think if they were too big it might interfere with combat a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom