Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Life Outside The Battlefield-Continuation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nodded my head and carefully and slowly guilded my fork to my mouth. It wasn't that hard this time. I chewed my food before swallowing. " I guess your right. " I smiled softly as I opened my eyes and tried to look around for a few.moments. " I'm still going to have to get used to being in the dark every day now."

I watched with a smile on my face as she succeeded in taking a bite. As she spoke, I sighed. "You have the chance to get it back." I murmured. Paris wiggled in my arms and I set her down carefully so that she could walk around.

I closed my eyes as he spoke, sighing softly. " I know." I whispered aoftly before taking another bite of my food. I chewed quietly before swallowing and turning my head towards swanson." Hows paris doing?" I asked and smiled.softly.

I smiled. "She's good. She's walking around the kitchen right now." I said with a chuckle. I watched as she toddled around the kitchen.

I smiled and quickly ate my food before setting my fork down carefully." She's almost a year old." I smiled and looked towards swanson.

I nodded. "She's getting big." She wandered over to a drawer and began to try to open it. I jumped up and went over and picked her up so she wouldn't get hurt.

I sat in my chair silently for a few minutes before reaching up and picking ah the bandages on the back of my head.

I walked up behind her and gently took her hand away from the bandages. "Sorry babe but that's not going to make it better." I murmured.

I let him take my hand but sighed. " I know, but it's itchy." I sighed before wryly squeezing his hand. " What do we do now?" I asked.

I looked over my shoulder at him, sighing softly to my.self. " What can I do?" I whispered before slowly and carefully standing.

"You can do anything you put your mind to." I whispered to her. A she stood up, I gently laid my hand on her shoulder to steady her.

I stood still for a moment, waiting till I was able to stand with out swaying.before slowly taking a small step forward, " is anything in front of me?" I asked quietly.

I felt him turn me and turned with him, biting my.lower lip nervously. I slowly started to make my way towards the door, my left hand holding my right side again. " How about now?"

" I feel like a little kid.learning how to walk for the first time." I muttered quietly as I kept on taking small steps forward and towards the door.

" I guess your right, but it still feels...strange." I murmured quietly as I slowly began to take bigger steps towards the door. I knew swanson would stop me if I was getting to close to something. " Where's Paris?"

"I'm holding her." I replied. As she went through the doorway, I turned her so that she was heading to our room. "It's nearly dark. Do you just want to go up to bed?" I asked softly.

I felt my self being turned again and sighed softly and nodding my head. " Ya, I think that would be best." I answered him quietly as I slowly began to walk to where I knew the stairs were.

When we got to the stairs, I stopped her. "At the stairs." I murmured. I thought for a moment. "Why don't I just give you a piggy back ride up? I can't carry you in my arms because I have Paris, but you can hold onto me."

I stopped when I felt him stop me. " Do you think you can carry me?" I asked as I slowly and carefully reached out and found his arm to steady my self.

I stared at her. "Clove, I know you did not just ask me if I can carry you." I said softly, and then laughed. "I know you can't see me, but try to remember how much weight I can lift in the weight room." I said, laughing. I knelt down and guided her hand to my back. "Just hold on, and I'll carry you up."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom