Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Day Before You (closed for MoonlightRomance and Josu_T)

Tim looked at what they had in the kitchen in the way of food. He soon found all they needed to make a good meal. He smiled at her. "As long as the stove is still working, I suggest french toast." He quickly got started on making the liquid base for it, cracking a few eggs and adding the other ingredients he knew to add to make it better. He let get the stove on and heat up the pan. He knew she'd be stubborn if he told her to just sit and he didn't want to argue. When everything was ready to start cooking it he stepped up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He leaned over her shoulder and kissed her cheek. He held her like that for a few seconds before saying anything. "If you can start cooking I'll get a fire started in the fireplace."

Roxanne watched as he began to make the liquid base for the french toast. She was glad when he didn't try to tell her to just sit and as he heated the pan on the stove, she leaned against the table and watched him. When everything was ready to cook and he stepped behind her, wrapping his arms around her, she looked over her shoulder at him, smiling as he kissed her cheek. "I can handle cooking." She said, leaning back as he continued to hold her so that her back rested against his chest. "I love you, Tim."

Tim nuzzled against her and just stayed there for a minute. When he finally pulled away it was very reluctant. He kissed her once more and then went to work on the fire. It had completely died off from the night before, so he had to get everything set up for it. Once he hada small fire burning he added larger logs. They caught the flame and started to burn. After that he just used the power to position everything and it was done. He stood up and went back to the kitchen to join Roxy again.

When he pulled away Roxanne could feel the reluctance but let him go knowing that he needed to get the fire started. After he left the kitchen she began to make the french toast, finding that as she cooked, the pain wasn't as bad when she stood still. When he returned to her, Roxy was working on getting the last few peices of french toast done and there was already a plate with several pieces done on the counter next to her.

Tim saw that most of the food was done. He got out two plates and split the toast between them. Then he got some glasses and poured some juice. He set the table and waited for Roxy to finish making the food. When everything was ready he pulled out a seat for his girlfriend and let her sit first. He sat across from her and relaxed. It smelled very good. It looked like Roxy had cooked it perfectly too. When he took the first bite he smiled. "This is great. You did a wonderful job cooking it. So, what do you feel like doing today?"

When Tim pulled out her chair for her she thanked him afterwords. As she sat across from him she reached out and took one of his hand. "Thank you." She said when he complimented her cooking. "I don't know. Whatever you want to do." She said, smiling weakly at him as she began to eat. Roxanne wanted to leave it up to him what they did for once. As they ate she kept a hold on his hand, stroking the back of it with her thumb. It helped her to not feel as if he were so far away.

Tim thought about their options for the day. He smiled as he did his best to eat with one hand. Finally he had some options. "We could play a board game or something like that. Maybe do some reading. We could also try to have a little fun in the back yard with all that snow. Maybe the cold will help soothe some of your sore muscles too." He shrugged. He knew reading or doing something quiet didn't really seem like something they could do together, but they could definitely be cuddled up together as they did it. He figured it could be good for them to not spend every second together during the day. So far it was all really nice, but he worried about things changing by spending too much time completelyfocused on one another. The problem was that they were isolated and they really only had eachother.

Roxanne looked at at him as he suggested things they could do. She wasn't sure if it was what he had said or the way he said it, but something made her feel like she did something wrong. She let go of his hand and her's returned to her side and she looked down at her food rather than across the table at him. Roxy knew it was sure to make him worry and surely he would ask what was bothering her. As she ate, she tried not to think too much. "I don't care what we do... We can do whatever you want." She said with a shrug, half hoping her words would be enough to make him not worry.

Tim was a little confused by Roxy's reaction. Suddenly she wasn't holding his hand. She wasn't even looking at him. He wondered whathe had said that had made her mood change. He had suggested things they could do together. He thought she might like those ideas. He didn't want to simply suggest doing the same thing as the days before. They couldn't just watch movies all day long. There weren't any big projects they could work on together to take up time. What else could they do? He frowned and worried that they might have already spent too much time too close together and that things were changing. Or maybe it was that she did just want to be in his arms all day. But he was worried that she would get bored with that. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what to say. He ate a little more as he thought about it. He struggled and eventually he just gave in. "What? What did I do? What did I say? You don't want to do any of those things? I thought you might like those things. We can spend the day together. But the specific activity does not matter. I want to spend the day with you."

When Tim spoke she looked up at him, just looking into them for a few moments before speaking. She shook her head. "You didn't do or say anything. I just feel like I did something wrong and I can't figure out what. Honestly, I don't give a damn what we do. I never really did. I was just happy to spend time with you." Roxanne then shook her head and looked back down at her food, not going on because not only did she not want to say something she might regret later, but she could feel herself wanting to cry too. After a few minutes of sitting in silence, she shook her head again. "Forget it, it's stupid. I'm sorry I got upset. I'm just reading too much into things." She said, although she knew Tim wouldn't be convinced she was alright. Not when her hand was still separated from his and she had gone back to avoiding looking at him.

Tim wasn't so sure he believed her, and if he did he wasn't sure why she felt that way. He was even more confused than he had been before. He moved to sit next to her and placed a hand on her back lightly. "I don't know why you would think you did anything wrong. You didn't. Not at all. Please, try to explain why you feel that way. You know we can't do anything about it unless we talk about it. So please talk. Give me the chance to be as understanding as you have been about other things. You know I love you, no matter what." He looked at her,wanting to make her smile. He hated seeing her anything but happy.

Roxanne watched as he moved next to her, able to tell that he was even more confused than before. When Tim sat next to her and placed his hand on her back she relaxed. Roxy looked up into his eyes. "I don't think I really have a valid reason, really and it's nothing you did or said; it's my own insecurities. Tim, we've known each other all our lives and you know I've pretty much always second guessed myself. No matter how much I love you, I'm still second guessing myself... Wandering if I did or said something wrong and if something goes wrong blaming myself. I'm sorry I got upset. My mind just keeps going to what if we don't work out." She said with a sigh, that was something she didn't even want to think about. "I know it's not really a reason but that is what's wrong." She said before kissing him.

Tim looked into her eyes and tried to be as comforting as possible. He listened as she tried to explain. When she kissed him he wrapped his arms around her. When the kiss broke he just hugged her. When he finally spoke it was softly. "I remember. I know that it is something you do, but you don't need to do it with us. Remember what I said last night? About that promise? I love you and you love me. This isn't some kind of puppy love either. We know how we feel. This will work,even if we have to make it work. I'll never stop loving you. Here's what I'll do for you. I will search this house from top to bottom until I find something that will fit perfectly around your finger like a ring. Then when we get out of the house I will get you a nice little ring. You can wear it all the time and every time you start to wonder or doubt you can look at it and know that I love you. And as I said last night I will save until I can buy a ring you deserve and pay for the wedding of your dreams. How does that sound?" He knew talking directly about the wedding was a big step, but that was how sure he was about their relationship. Previously he had only alluded to it.

Roxanne listened to him and knew he was right. Sure, they had just recently made their relationship official, but the feelings had been there for both of them for years now and if anything it showed both of them that their love was the kind most people spent a great deal of their life searching for. At his idea, she smiled, feeling special and for the first time like maybe she did deserve Tim. "Okay." Roxanne said, knowing better than try and convince him of not doing this. She knew he was willing to do anything to make her happy. When he went on to talk about their future wedding she kissed him after he was done talking. "Babe," She began as she looked up into his eyes. "I don't care if it's what I deserve or the wedding of my dreams. All I want, is for you to one day be my husband. Now, I'm not going to talk you out of it because I know you are just a stubborn as I am but I want to make it clear you aren't obligated to do it." She said, continuing to look into his eyes even after she was done speaking as she tried to search for his reaction.

Tim was glad he made her happy. Their eyes met and he smiled. He heard her say she didn't need what he had promised. He shook his head. "You will get the best. I hear that you girls are always thinking about and planning your dream wedding. I will give it to you, no matter how long it takes. But until then I will continue to love you every day and do all I can to make sure you know it. For now, I'm going to find you something that will make a good makeshift ring. The first thing I'll do when I leave here at the end of the holidays is go to a store and find you something better." He kissed her softly and got up from the table. He was a man on a mission and nothing would stop him from finding what he was looking for. He already had a few ideas.

When he kissed her, Roxanne kissed him back, smiling against his lips as she did. "Hey babe?" She asked as he stood from the table, looking up at him "I don't need some big fancy wedding when I already have the best, I couldn't do any better if I wanted to, Tim. You love me with all your heart for who I am and treat me like a princess even when I don't deserve it." She said, not trying to talk him out of getting her what essentially would be a promise ring or one day replacing it with an engagement ring and then a wedding ring along with giving her the wedding of her dreams. Roxy just wanted him to know how much he meant to her. "Now, shall I stay in here why you go on your hunt for a makeshift ring or do you want me to come with?"

Tim looked back at her as he stood in the doorway. "I shouldn't take long. I think I know what will work." He smiled at her and blew her a kiss as he walked away. He started his search of the house. He looked in a few different places but had no luck finding anything that would work. It only needed to function for a few days. Eventually he made his way into the garage and looked through the various tools and pieces. He finally found something that would work. It was a little rubber ring that was used in a number of different projects. It was large enough to fit around her finger and not fall off. He smiled and quickly left the garage and went to find her to give her the temporary ring.

When he returned from the garage, Roxanne was standing at the sink. She was washing the dishes they had dirtied up while preparing and eating breakfast and from behind she looked as if it was becoming harder for her to even stand as the pain from their fun from the previous night became greater. As he came in she was finishing up, putting them in the drainer so they would dry. She drained the water and as she watched it drain she held onto the counter, trying not to move because when she did the pain got worse.

Tim saw Roxy at the sink. He slowly walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her. He held her body back against his. He kissed her neck and along her jaw to her lips. He stayed like that for a minute and then finally took her hand. He lifted it and then slowly slid the little rubber circle onto her ring finger. It fit perfectly. "This is what I have for you right now, but I'll find something better soon. Just know every time you look at it that I love you more than anything." He kissed her cheek and held her a little tighter.

When Tim wrapped his arms around her at first she tensed up out of habit, but it lasted only a second before she relaxed as he held her against him. As he kissed at her neck Roxanne she moved her head so that more of her neck was exposed and when he moved onto her jaw she kept her head rested against his chest. When he finally kissed her on the lips she kissed him back. When he took her hand she watched, continuing to watch as he lifted her hand and slipped the little rubber circle onto her ring finger. She looked at it, clearly it meant a lot to her despite it not being a real ring. "Baby, I love it. You don't need to get me another ring and I will always know you love me " She said despite knowing Tim would insist on getting her a ring he thought she deserved. When he kissed her on the cheek her smiled. "Babe... I'm so sore." She said softly, feeling her body relaxing in his arms.

Her smile was more than enough for him. He was happy she liked it. He would replace it though. He wanted something that was actually meant to be worn on a finger. When she mentioned she was sore he frowned. That meant it was getting worse. He did feel her relaxing though. He decided that being together would be the best option. She could relax in his arms and hopefully start feeling better. He quickly helped her finish the dishes and pulled the plug on the sink. Then he picked her up and carried her into the livingroom. He sat down and held her in his lap. Once they were both comfortable he reached over and turned on the tv. He kissed her cheek. "What should we watch? A movie or a show? Any specific ideas?"

Upon seeing the frown on his face part of her regretted tell him, not wanting him to worry about her. "Thank you, Tim." She said softly as he quickly helped her finish what dishes still needed cleaned before pulling the plug and letting the water drain. When he picked her up and carried her into the living room, Roxanne rested her head on his chest, trying to think ahead to what their future would be to keep her mind off of the pain. However, once he sat down on the couch, holding her in his lap and he kissed her cheek after they were both comfortable she pushed her thoughts to the back of her mind for now. When he kissed her cheek he smiled. "I don't know." She said with a shrug, looking out the window at the white snow. "I kinda want to go out and play with it, but I know it won't end well with how sore I am."

Tim glanced out the window and chuckled. It was a wall of snow. "I don't really know if going out there would be much fun anyway. It definitely wouldn't be running around and throwing snowballs that much. I'm sure we could have some fun there, but for now I want you to just relax. Rest and feel better. If you want any help, just let me know. I'll even give you a massage if it will help." He held her a little closer and turned on a movie. It was an interesting looking drama. He lay there on the couch with her, ready to enjoy some quiet time together. Anything that might help her. He felt somewhat responsible for her being sore. Mostly responsible, even though she had been the one to request him going that hard. He'd have to be more careful in the future.

As Tim explained that there wouldn't be much of a good time outside in the snow she nodded in agreement. "I am relaxed my love." Roxanne said softly, though that wasn't exactly true. While most of her body was relaxed, her legs were tense and while she knew it didn't help to be tense with the pain, she couldn't relax. "A massage might help. My legs just hurt so bad." She said, knowing that a warm bath might help with the pain too but she didn't say anything to him. The last thing Roxy wanted was to make him feel like he had to carry her everywhere. As he turned a movie on after pulling her a little closer, Roxanne rested her head on his shoulder. Then, it was like she had read his mind. "Don't you dare blame yourself, my prince. I wanted everything you did last night." She whispered into his ear.

Tim nodded, but he really did feel at least partially responsible. She wouldn't be able to convince him otherwise. He started to just watch the movie. His hands moved slowly over her body, caressing tenderly. The movie didn't turn out to be as exciting as he had hoped. Part way through the film he moved. He got her to just lay on the couch and he sat with her legs on his lap only. He started to give her the massage he had mentioned before. His hands worked on her muscles, trying to take away some of the soreness. He was able to still watch the movie, but mostof his attention was on his girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom