Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Alpha and Omega: Spira's true history [with Ishu]

Subtlesensuality

Super-Earth
It had been one-hundred years since the defeat of the last true threat to the land of Spira by the hands of Lady Yuna and her team the Gullwings. Since then the land of Spira had enjoyed a sensible span of peace with advancements in terms of technology, acceptance, and even the way that the world looked at history and understanding it. During this time much has shifted to the dependency of machine technology for the comforts that people enjoy as the understanding of the arcane arts of magic slowly became nothing more than dust in the hour glass of time. There are even some scholars who would refute that such elements ever existed in the history of Spira at all…and yet those with the heart to understand the world seek answers, seek truth, and seek adventure to define them from simple soldiers, blitz ball players, sphere hunters, and more.

In the time that had passed governments and factions have risen and fallen from the eye of the public. Besaid, Kilika, and other off shore islands are more aligned to the Youth League principles headed by Maester Rexhand, a descendent of Nooj himself. While they have separate locations they share a unified base on the island of Kilika where they practice the seeking common wealth ideals. While not as extreme as their former days, the Youth League focuses on understanding as well as affirmative action which leads to conflict with the New Yevon and Al-Bhed factions from time to time. Lately they have been siding more and more with the contemporary views in the Al-Bhed Civil War lead by Cid the XIV against the more radical views of Sion of the Radical Faction.

Bikanel Island is rift with advancements in technology that have lead to the creations of mobile suits known as Machina Walkers or Mw’s that are utilized for combat, personal leisure, excavation, and even Pilot League competitions. The Contemporary Faction seeks to keep a stable balance with the governments and factions of the world, seeking free use of machine and understanding between all; however, the Radical Faction seeks to consolidate power within the Al-Bhed race to overthrow those who have become heavily dependent on their abilities. Currently the rift between these two factions have put the distribution of certain parts and availability of technology to a standstill…each leader having support from various factions behind the scenes, but only one with the heart of the public in mind.

The Pilot League and New Yevon tend to keep to themselves in such events, but have been known to conflict with principle…although the stable balance of peace has been preserved by these factions keeping themselves available to all. With the threats to their peace gone there has evolved a lax style of living for all but those who dedicate themselves to spiritual maturity. Although there are some who have been scarred by this new world, some who have seen the darkness hiding under the surface of these ideals, and it is their story that will redefine the way the world continues to move forth. The story of their hidden pasts that will bring to light the beginning and the end of Spira…a story where the past is the only measure to understand the future.

This is where their story begins, and in turn…the truth of this world revealed…

The low humming of the air ship Dragonov could be heard in the silence of air travel among the white expanse of clouds surrounded by blue. Its design was elegant with the ferocity and nobility of a white winged falcon soaring through toward Luca’s headquarters for the Gullwing Organization; all the while, the three occupants of the ship were having a small discussion amongst themselves. These were some of the most respected names in the current time of Sphere Hunting—The White Falconz. A group of dysfunctional teenagers with a chip on their shoulder and a bond that could only be understood between them, each haunted by the truths of their respective worlds and their current lives.

“So guys, I’m thinking we stop by turn in this last mission request and take one more look a things you know…and while we’re down there get that hottie Aimee to take a trip on board and,” a slight pause followed the charming voice of the young man sitting in the ‘Captain’s chair’ of their ship as he eyed his two companions. It seemed neither Xion nor Axle were in the mood for his dreams of scoring with the beautiful representative from the Organization. A bit bummed out, Legiaus sighed as he tilted his head with a pout. “You guys seriously need to lighten up man, you’ll never get laid that way.” Legiaus was the ‘eldest brother’ of their make-shift family and the one with the most open personality between the three; he was the charming, flirty type that could rally a crowd into battle if he so desired…but had less luck with the ladies than he liked to brag about. A model of physical perfection that stood at a promising six-foot-five, long silver hair that was tied back in a warriors braid and held together in a monk-type focusing on covering all but the left portion of his arm.
In response a simply sigh fell from the lips of the navigator as he was keeping up with charts and currents coming on screen. Axle was the more pragmatic between himself and Legiaus, but also the more complicated. Darker skinned with sharply contrasting blue hair and matching eyes he was a mystery that seemed to be shrouded in a cloak at all times, his face wrapped in a bandaged mask and a hood keeping his physical beauty from being seen. They imagined him to be lithe and nimble with his dexterous fighting style, but only Xion truly knew what the teen looked like underneath it all though his voice spoke of a previously diplomatic lifestyle…he kept to himself and for himself when he could. “We just barely came out from exploring the Zanarkand ruins because someone couldn’t keep their head out of imagining Aimee-san’s breasts…seriously Legiaus, we almost lost Xion because of your recklessness.” Axle’s tone was sharp and with understanding…Xion was all the two had left, all the two could consider the purest form of their family despite the complicated hardships from when they found him. They loved their youngest member.

“Yeah…yeah…I know…but hey! He’s not dead so that’s all that matters, right Xion?” Legiaus asked with a bit of hope.

From the pilot’s seat the creator of the White Falcon, their impressive ship, and their resident sword master tilted his head to peer back at his “brothers.” Xion had to be the greatest mystery to those outside of their little group. At the age of sixteen he seemed to have the void, near soulless eyes that were a stark contrast to the vibrant aquamarine color that they were…with one eye swirled with red…a mark that he was half Al-bhed. He stood at five-feet six inches, the shortest of the three but between them had the most near perfect build. Lean muscle compounded by a lithe, agile frame for concentrated power and agility he could be considered a cutie at worst and a hottie at best with the way crimson strands framed his face. “Sure, Legiaus…sure…”

It was his personality that seemed to alienate him. They never spoke of how they met, and how they found Xion but the youth seemed to always be haunted by those dark days…by the rememberance of pain and sadness from the shadows of this world’s secrets, but found comfort in their presence. “Anyway, we’re arriving at Luca air base now…” Without another word they landed in the hangar and made their way to the Gullwing Organization building. Immediately Legiaus rushed to see the beautiful receptionist and senior member, “Aimee my love, how I have missed you!”

Axle simply kept himself to the corner while Xion moved to the desk and offered a slight nod of acknowledgement. “Good afternoon Aimee-san, we are here to return the Sphere we found from our previous mission and to request an S-rank hunt please.”

Her soft sounding voice with sharp direction sounded from one of the chairs, "Mserrurk dni euh wyh bymmupci euh shewdm. Ecbne-Ticde-Ylike-Wyoh-Wyoh-Wufi-Jihy-Mifir. Zi nefi er euh shewd syrwuhleduyr. Cyzihurk mnuictm ryz ert ezeudurk ehhufec ed pemi." While she spoke, she typed rapidly at the computer infront of her. The shields around them went down so the White Falconz could enter their domain. "Dni euh shewd nem certit: ywwusuec syrwuhleduyr EJEPY. Hiurmdeccurk mnuictm ryz." Shortly after their craft docked into the hangar, the invisible shields went back up and she removed her headphones, then stood up and yelled at the top of her lungs, "ZNIHI UM LA THURG!?"

One of the other works ran up the hallway and handed over a mug with a closed top. The girl took it and walked out of the room, heading to the front desk. She plopped down where she sat and exhaled a breath, then popped off the top of the container and drank its' contents. She belched after finishing it and set it on the desk, forcing her body upright so she would look more professional when the boys came in. Aimee, when addressed as someones love, gave Legiaus a wry look with inflamed cheeks, "Cugi U meut piwyhi, ryd ur e northit aiehm, Legiaus-"

She forgot to turn off her Al Bhed tongue but did not translate and or repeat what she said to him. "Ah- finally!" She stood up and leaned over her desk, her green eyes with golden swirls searching for the goods on Xion. "We will analyze what you have brought us. Also, I will need to do a scan of your crafts system." She took great bride in her knowledge of mechanics, Al Bhed technology and computer in general. She also scanned every craft that came and went in their territory.

Despite his time with Xion and Axle he had yet to fully comprehend the Al-Bhed language, and usually left such conversation to one of his ‘little brothers.’ Rather than ask for an interpretation he cracked a grin and looked back towards Axle as Xion handled the transaction in a more professional manner than the laid back leader. “She’s so into me, Axle, she can’t even say to my face.” In response Axle simply chuckled and gave a slight flick of his wrist towards Legiaus. “If you say so, if you say so…baka.”

Xion on the other hand removed the sphere they had collected and handed it toward her. Pay was always well documented for spheres that had even remote information to the adventures of Lady Yuna, and this one was no different. It was when she asked to see the craft’s systems that he became a bit annoyed; the White Falcon was his prized creation and one of the top classed vessels not sanctioned by a faction flag… “E lyhhud ymmuf y vimm cocdasc clyh uv dra Freda Vymluh, Yesaa-cyh. Oui ihtancdyht dryd E piemd drec vnus clnydlr yht E fuimt nydran hud ryja edc clrasaydelc mehkanehk frana cusauha amca lyh lubo ed...Ym-prat ehdaknedo. Y lusbnuseca yd maycd?”

She took the sphere without a moments notice and looked it over, twirling it on the tips of her fingers. She paused when Xion spoke to her and set the sphere down, adjusting her glasses, "Zudn himbisd dy yoh biybci ert dniuh zeam, U zucc ryd hisyht dni msniledusm yw ayoh mnub. Dni Yhkerujeduyr tyim ryd zerd dy gryz zned legim ayoh mnub dusg. Ud um e "snisg-ob" ert ud sylim zudn whii woic. Degi ud ert ayoh riz lummuyr yh ayo ser nefi wor murgurk ur dni zedih ur ayoh eddilbd dy kid pesg dy cert."

She crossed her arms at them, unyielding as she awaited an answer.

It was mandatory to at least have a check up. She mostly did scans for surveillance modules and such. They didn't take kindly to spies.

“Drah ku yrayt fedr dra clyh, pid ev E veht uid ajah y cehkma sutima ryc paah lubeat un ymdanat...” the threat was left hanging in the air. He held no ill-will toward the girl but his level of trust was something that not many people earned; however, more importantly the secrets of that ship he felt should remain as such…loose ends discarded as needed. Axle listened to the exchanged and sighed slightly. Perhaps one day they could get Xion to open up a bit and keep his internal tension from affecting his social capacity; however, he was at least effective in one part…people feared him with an odd mixture of respect. “Xion, simply let it go. I doubt she will have done anything that you will have a problem with.”

It was Axle’s words that made the youngest member back down and glance back toward Aimee with a sigh. “Forgive me. It’s simply…my pride and joy and I do not quite trust any of the factions.” With that said he turned around and decided to let Legiaus handle things from that point. Seeing that the tension had risen said leader decided to make his way toward the register once more and slipped into a slightly more serious nature. “So Aimee, we’ve resurfaced a decent number of you’re a-tier requests…is there something a bit more urgent that we can take? The White Falconz are almost at the top of the charts…so, do you mind sprinkling a little S-tier our way my dearest, desert rose? Pweeeeease?”

Both Xion and Axle sighed to the way their leader phrased the question and sighed. He had been a unique one. “Idiot,” they both stammered.

"wonderful!" She smiled and clapped her hands together, disreguarding the rest of the conversation as if it hadn't happened while shifting things around on her desk. "Take this," She handed Xion an orb with dim circles on it. "You know the drill, it will light up when your craft is ready. You can shop or get something to eat in the shopping district." She typed away on the computer and found herself cut off by Legiaus' words.

Her eyes narrowed at him as what she wanted to say practically seeped out of her skin. She calmed though and smiled, leaning towards him with a misty look in her eyes, "Uw ayo my losn em mdoddih epyod la phiemdm ur whyrd yw li ifih ekeur- U zucc thyb ayo yww ur dni luttci yw dni timihd ert ciefi ayo dy dni zyhlm." With that, she stood up straight and cleared her throat.

"I will have to look through our files. We have had a lot of traffic with missions lately. I will have it for you when you get back from shopping, alright?"

Legiaus not knowing the Al-Bhed language simply grinned when her eyes took that misty look and felt like he was going to be enjoying blissful heaven sometime soon. His two companions however couldn’t help but chuckle slightly at their friend’s ignorance and the frightening way Aimee spoke to him; it seemed the sweet looking ones we’re just as dangerous as the sadistic looking ones. “Well we’ll pick it up them sweet heart…and really, have you ever thought about wearing something a little more low cut,” a small smirk fell on his lips before he dashed from the building. “I’ll see you guys at the bar, pickmeupwhenyou’redoneshopping!”

Xion sighed and took the orb that would inform him of the ship’s status and nodded while Axle turned slightly and removed his hood. His lower face was still covered by the almost nina-like facial mask, but it was enough to allow his figure to be seen slightly. “E tu ybumukewa vun rec yldeuhc...ra cehlanamo tuach'd ghuf frah ra'c lnuccehk dra meha. Ev ed rambc, ra kahiehamo drehgc oui'na y knayd bancuh...tacbeda rec mylgmicdan yddasbdc yd dyld.” Stated Axle. Xion simply nodded.

With a small wave they decided to head off to restock on their supplies. After all Luca was a meccha for shops and various items that one could not find in other parts of Spira; when the time for the White Falcon to be refueled was done Xion and Axle decided to go back to the ship without Legiaus. Knowing him he was gathering information in his own, unique manner…

Aimee just shook her head at Legiaus and turned to the other two. She smiled at them, "Ni um vomd e pya. U cugi dy diemi nul." and giggled before moving away from the front desk and going back into the room she came out from earlier. She sat down in her seat and immediately began typing away. She checked on their fuel and began the refueling process while dipping into something else on the screen to her side. A list of words in an encrypted language jolted through, words and symbols flashing by rapidly.

"Hm..." She drank some of her energizing drink and put the lid back on, setting it aside and stopping the scan. She thought she saw something wrong but found it was fine, then continued the scan.

Other her other side she pulled up the list of missions as of late. There were only a few left in the S-Rank and most of them were on hold for other groups. She sighed and looked through them, one of them catching her interest, "eh?" She opened the file and read through it, "Yn... elejurk..." She smiled at this and immediately assigned The White Falconz to the charge.

Meanwhile Legiaus was visiting his favorite bar watching a game of blitzball on the screen while discussing some matters with an individual that appeared to be dressed in the robings of a New Yevon follower. Legiaus may come off as an unreliable individual but he could always be trusted to network with the right crowd for the information that the team needed. “So you’re telling me that there’s something I can find to help them then?” The woman smiled, taking a small sip of her drink before flashing him a predatorial smirk. “Perhaps, perhaps not…that depends on what you want to know and how long you want to invest in finding out.” A small grin fell on his visage before shaking his head, “well keep looking into it then, and if it’s worth it…I’ll show pay a most enjoyable price.” Tossing a bit of gil to the table he offered the woman a wink before leaving to meet up with the others…feeling slightly sullied in the name of investigating some personal matters relating to his team.

Axle found himself enjoying the view from the upper floor of the hangar building while Xion inspected the ship. It was always soothing to the rogue to see people walking through their daily lives without the worrying about their lives, about their safety, and the changing views of society toward them. A sigh fell from his lips as he glanced towards their mechanical sword master with a small grin, remembering the days when he found him on the doorsteps of Besaid temple ruins.

Xion for his part was happily going through every encryption he had to make sure no data was transferred about his beloved ship before smiling. When all seemed well he decided he could at least get over his initial paranoia and continue forward. “I shall see if we have received the assignment or not, please have Legiaus meet us here.” Axle nodded to his younger charge and Xion made his way to contact Aimee about the status of their next assignment.

The tanks were nearly full. She sat back in her seat as she unencrypted, translated and retranslated the information into a stick that she could give the the Falconz. A screen popped up infront of her and she glanced up, seeing Xion make his way to the front desk. She typed away some more, the tank at 99%, and picked up the stick-disc. She stood up and walked out of the room, arriving at the desk with just a handful of steps. She waited for Xion and once he showed up, his orb went off.

"Welcome back. Your ship is done refueling." She took the orb when he decided to hand it over and set it down on an orb holder. "I managed to get you something most valuable," She held up the stick-chip, "You will be investigating a new finding in Mt. Gagazet. I had to tell another group to get lost so you could have it. I put it in Al Bhed for you." She smiled before handing it over, "Your group owes me one."

Aimee sat down in her seat, "You know as well I that Mt. Gagazet was frequented by our late Lady Yuna. You will probably find some extra goods- like spheres- when you go there. Just keep in mind that we do not know anything about what you will find- just that the Al Bhed Faction teamed up with us and dug it up. I can't wait for you to come back with information about what you find."

“ Dra Freda Vymluhw ybbnaleyda dra avvund Yesaa-cyh. Dryhg-oui.” Xion offered the smallest smirk in response as he took the disc and made his way back to the ship. Social situations were awkward enough, but professional transactions worked well enough. When he returned he was greeted by the wide-eyed Legiaus shoving his face to his, “Heeeey buddy so did she say anything about me? Huh, huh?” Axle sighed slightly and simply walked onto the ship. “Let’s go, Xion.”

Xion shrugged and side-stepped Legiaus and continued to move forward. “We got the S-rank assignment, simply come on bro…” Without another word he decided to enter the ship and beginning preparations for their leaving. Legiaus sighed and whimpered… “So she didn’t say anything?”

[Poor Legiaus lol]

( aaawww, poor guy XD )

She looked over the information from the back room again, staring at some of the journal records of the Al Bheds that helped dig it up. Well, she made a decision. She stood up from where she stood and walked out of the back room, locking it up promptly. She went to the front desk and sent out a mass email to other operatives of the facility. From there, she walked out.

___​

As the White Falconz readied for take off, they would find that the fueling arms were still attached to them. It seemed Aimee had not told them to let go just yet. While the boys scrambled for an explanation and made attempts to contact Aimee with the communications devices, her voice called out from behind them, "Ty ryd zyhha, U phyoknd dni hilydi." She smiled, standing behind them, and pressed a button on a contraption in her hand and the arms released the ship.

( Sorry to skip over a bit. Feel free to fill in details in your post >_< )

Legiaus was a bit bothered by the fact they were unable to leave yet. Xion was usually very thorough with these kinds of deals, but when he heard the familiar voice of the woman who seemed to enjoy teasing him…a small smirk crossed his lips. Rather than turn around and attempt to fondle the poor woman, he turned rather slowly with his arms settled across his chest and a nonchalant expression written across his face. “Well I take it you’ll be giving us a little company then, unless this was a small pleasure trip?” A small wink was offered her way while the other two members raised a brow, impressed with the way Legiaus acted in that one moment.

Xion thought the world might have been ending.

Axle was proud that their leader could at least show he was more than hot air when he dealt with the opposite sex. “As refreshing as it is to see you act normally, Legiaus, it matters not if Aimee-san will be joining us. We have a mission to accomplish so please finish preparations for launch…you got that, Xion?”
The youth sighed and glanced back with a neutral expression. Some would say he seemed annoyed, but the faintest flicker of amusement crossed those lifeless eyes as if saying “welcome to the team, Aimee.” When she released the ship he continued the pilot preparations and before they knew it, before she gave them a definite answer, the ship was taking off to the skies. “Destination…Mt.Gagazet…estimated arrival time, four hours at maximum speed.”

"U wyort mylidnurk urdihimdurk ert U tisutit U mnyoct syli ecyrk. U tutr'd zerd dy lumm yod." She walked past Legiaus without a look, though she was smiling, and she took a seat wherever she pleased, "Besides, you could use my help. The Al Bhed's might still have a few of their own lingering around." She put one leg over the other, "Em er Ywwusuec yw dniuh biybci, dnia cugi li." She was a native from the Al Bhed people and held a good amount of power due to her vast knowledge of their machinery, culture, ect. One could consider her an ambassador of sorts. She was good with getting what everyone wanted in a peaceful manner.

"So, what do you usually do for four hours, hm?" She leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms over her head and resting her hands behind her head.

When Aimee walked passed him without a word, Legiaus sighed slightly. He was sure that would have made at least a decent impression considering his normal routine around the woman, but nonetheless he decided to continue his current front. They were on a mission and that meant he was professional to the letter; his decisions determined their lives in most cases. “I am quite fond of having your company with us my lovely little rose, but if you’re going to be accompanying us for this mission then I ask that you please speak in common so that I can understand you as well. I may not act like it much, but I am the leader of this team and need to be aware of the conversations going on within it…guests included.” He made his way to the Captain’s seat and enjoyed the comforts of the air-conditioned chair, inclining ever so slightly…truly Xion was a genius and he loved it. “What exactly are we looking at for this assignment?”

If Axle was surprised by Legiaus’ current behavior it did not show. Rather he turned his attention toward Aimee with a small gaze toward the clouds. “There are sleeping quarters for rest, you can explore the deck for an aerial view of Spira, and Xion has also installed a simulation room that can be used for recreational purposes such as simulated blitzball and mw matches, as well as simulation for battles.” The rogue paused briefly before tilting his head slightly, adjusting the facial mask as he thought over her words. It would do well to have her aside despite his own status as an Al-bhed…it would help and keep their attention off of Xion. If they connected who he was related to it would be a problem… “Fa femm haat du ghuf ev oui ryja yho luspyd aqbaneahla eh lyca fa veht suna dryh fa aqbaldat eh dra niehc...druikr fa femm mayja ed du oui du aqbmyeh tadyemc du Makeyic.”

Xion seemed lost in his own world as a small shiver coursed through his body. If the contemporary faction was in charge of the excavation process then he would have to keep his profile low, and continue moving forward without drawing attention to himself. That or sneak into the area after the others had all ready entered. “What you do in your time here is up to you, but please, we would rather you not make it Legiaus…we would never hear the end of it if you became that bored.”

She answered Xion first, "U emmohi ayo dned U el zicc ixoubbit wyh peddci." then she turned to Legiaus, "I told them that I find this assignment interesting and I didn't want to pass it up," She moved her hands down to her lap to appear more professional, "as for the mission, we are looking for information concerning what they have dug up. Visual details, runes, symbols or words of any kind. Enemies that we find and details on them. Treasure, details, details, details, tideucm!"

When they spoke of her "doing Legiaus", she laughed. "Yn, ry ry. No offense, Legiaus, but it is not part of this mission."

It was Legiaus who responded to her words first. “So in essence we’ll be confirming anything of interest that may come from their findings, spheres for the organization, and I am assuming the usual counts for us…anything that is not of interest to the organization we are allowed to keep for ourselves?” It may have been in personal interest, but he had a duty to keep these two well taken care of even if they could handle their own. Maintaining the ship was costly and so were the equipment they needed to exchange after these high tier missions; nothing every was a simple as investigating and reporting. When she got to the part of him not being a part of the mission he chuckled slightly and shook his head, “maybe not now, but one day I’ll woo you off your feet. A real woman offers a chase doesn’t she?”

Axle listened to the words exchanged and nodded slightly. It would be an interesting encounter indeed; although, the closer they got toward Mt. Gagazet the more he began to feel a sense of unease. It was almost as if there was something there that shouldn’t be disturbed. He decided that it was simply a figment of his imagination and removed his chakram daggers from his back, inspecting the weaponry before they landed. “I imagine there may be fiends that have yet to be encountered before if this area was discovered in Mt. Gagazet, and that the Ronso have given their approval for their mountain to be searched…either way if there are documentation regarding the late Lady Yuna we could perhaps find a key aspect to our history. It would do us well to have Aimee, she would understand the ruin layout better than the rest of us.”

Legiaus nodded and Xion only vaguely. The youngest of the companions seemed to have the strangest feeling as if his blood was running hot the closer they moved toward the sacred mountain. It was almost as if a part of him was being called out to by something, almost as if he was waking up from a haze. Shaking his head he sighed and switched to auto-pilot mode before closing his eyes. “Nearly three hours before we arrive to our destination…wake me up when we get there.” Xion’s dreams would be interrupted by a face he had never seen before, a voice he had never heard, and images of a power he could not understand…whatever was hidden in the depths of that temple was calling out to the soon to be summoner.

Aimee nodded, "Precisely! Of course, I will have to examine everything you take." Shortly after Legiaus insisted on continuing, saying something about a chase. She simply shook her head, not wanting to egg him on or get his hopes up.

"Yes. The Ronso's have been quoted as "sensing something that makes them want to carve off their skin". They do not know if it should be removed or not, as they do feel protective of their land, but they also feel endangered. Like I said, we have no idea what is there. What they are sensing could be anything. It could just be some kind of monster that we have not seen before, or a form of radiation."

She shrugged and relaxed in her chair, "We will know more when we get there." She took out the device she held earlier and logged onto a game, "U el kyurk dy bcea e keli, ty ryd pydnih li!" She called out to the room as she started it up.

Legiaus sighed slightly and turned his attention toward Axle as their pilot went to sleep and their guest member went into the world of games. “I need to talk to you, about…something we both have an interest in.” When those eyes darted toward Xion, Axle’s interests were immediately piqued and he quietly exited the room with his comrade to discuss some of the information he found earlier. They moved to the top of the deck speaking about Xion’s heritage and the search for him rising even more in the Bikanel area. Those two would continue to speak until the sight of the mountain came into view and returned to the bridge to wake up their pilot and grab the attention of Aimee.

It was Axle who entered first and moved to wake the sleeping Xion. “Brother, we have arrived.” A small poke of his chakrams ended the seemingly unpleasant dreams that he was having, and brought Xion to a state of consciousness. When glanced around he saw the sudden transition in scenery and nodded. “I suppose I should land this then…”

“that would be the gist of it my socially dismantled friend.” Legiaus offered a slight smile before turning his attention to Aimee. “We’ll be counting on you miss diplomat, and from this point on…White Falconz we are commencing the operation.” She might never have seen them perform before, but by the end of this endeavor she would understand why they were considered some of the best of the best. A.X.L.

“Roger,” chimed Axle and Xion as the landing gear took effect and the ship was docked as close to the base of the mountain as possible to be respectful to the Ronso. Axle sighed and took a pack filled with items that he preferred, Xion adjusted his trench and equipped a rather sizable dai-katana as well as two hand-guns to his back and hips respectively, while Legiaus placed the metal guards Xion made around his knuckle braces for combat. “After you, Aimee.”

Seeing the two return and wake up Xion, she finished her game as they landed and put the contraption away. Once the air craft steadied itself, she stood up and waited for the group to ready up. She smiled at them, "Let's go then!" and spun around, trailing down to the ground from the craft and jumping down into the snow. She hummed a laugh and knelt down, running her fingers through the snow before standing up and clearing her throat, then marched forward towards the Ronsos' more current camp.

Once they arrived, they would find some of the Al Bhed who had helped uncover the source above them mingling with the Ronso. Aimee approached one of them and they conversed in their native tongue for some time.

Aimee returned to the boys, "The Al Bhed team is still up top," She pointed upward, "They sent a few informants down here to, well, inform us and to help the Ronso stay calm. They want us to make this quick. This is still their ground and they are uneasy about any possible threats- even if we are here to help them. So, let's get it done."

She led them over to a contraption, "We can take a lift up there, or we can walk." She nodded over to the Al Bhed who was manning the contraption, "Nied ud ob." She turned back to the group as the machine lit up, "We should use this though. Part of this mission if time efficiency."

The trio followed her to the Ronso camp and took in the sights before them. Unrest was heavy in the air and tension was building rather quickly; it was something that would need to be resolved quickly or else they might all suffer from it. Legiaus and Axle took worrying glances toward Xion from the moment they departed the ship. There was something off in his movements that indicated he wasn’t feeling the best and it only seemed to worsen the closer they moved toward the excavation site.

“I advise we take the lift then, it would be prudent to finish this assignment before Xion is of no use in combat.” Axle may have been the one to say it in the least caring manner, but he was definitely as worried as Legiaus if not more so. The older male nodded and pointed for them to ride the lift up. “C’mon guys, let’s do this.”

Xion simply followed in silence. Now was not the time to be a burden, and yet, the closer he came to the temple the worse the feeling in the pit of his stomach became. It was like something was waiting for him, something was trying to come out of him, and the words, faces, power seemed to be at the tip of his tongue and yet he didn’t understand it enough to call for it. “Yes, let us continue…” Without another word they would take the elevator to the top, to the excavation point and were approached by two Al-Bhed Guards who immediately moved to Aimee.

“Myto Yesaa, fa fana hud ehvunsat dryd oui fuimt pa lusehk bancuhymmo. Yna draca drnaa aclundehk oui du dra niehc?”

Once at the top, she stepped out first and was met by two of her people, "U el vomd em mohbhumit em ayo!" She smiled at the Al Bhed and kindly shook their hands, "Aim, dnimi lir ehi zudn li. U zucc pi mewi zudn dnil. Zned ty ayo nefi dy hibyhd dy li?" She wanted to get every detail she could from them before they continued on.

( I'm sorry it is so short- I assumed you would want to fill her in >_< )

The excavator in charge stepped forward and looked down to what appeared to be a panel type chart and began to read off information for Aimee. "Fa ryja tadansehat dryd frydajan ec mulydat fedreh draca niehc tydac du dra bna-Wyhyngyht Fyn any...syopa ajah pavuna dra lnaydeuh uv Jakhykih sy'ys. Ymcu cu vyn huha uv uin yddasbdc du ajah ubah dra tuun fyo du dra niehc ryja fungat. Fa ryja dnyhcmydat yh ehclnebdeuh naytehk cusadrehk ymuhk dra mehac uv 'fryd cmaabc pamuf ec dra raynd uv dra vyodr...dra raynd uv Cbeny. Ymbry yht Usaky crymm lusa yc uha. Muca hud vyodr, ouihk cissuhan...' yht fa yccisa dryd ed fyc sayhd vun y cissuhan du bycc drnuikr...yht oad druca ryja paah yd maycd y rihtnat oaync yfyo."

Axle and Xion listened in to the conversation and filled Legiaus in as they were speaking through subtle hand signs. When the man in charge was done, the trio looked to the massive cathedral like doors that stood before them with elaborate designs of a great monstrocity and a more feminine appearance…a goddess perhaps? Legiaus sighed slightly and turned toward Axle remembering the conversation he had with him regarding Xion’s heritage. Whether the boy knew it or not the blood of a summoner flew through his veins so maybe… “We should let Xion attempt to open the door…”

Axle glared at Legiaus as if telling him to close his mouth before causing more pain to their surrogate brother, but the look their leader supplied stopped him. Legiaus didn’t want to endanger Xion and more than he did, much less let him know that he had strong blood ties to the summoner era…not when he was all ready dealing with the blood ties of his current era. “Axle, Legiaus?” For the first time he starred at the two in confusion. There was no mask protecting his emotions or thought process…something, someone, a woman’s voice and a monstrous voice were calling out to him…seeking him to enter and they were telling him to try the door when only a summoner could?

Xion blinked and sighed. It was stupid…but if they thought he could why not? “Aimee…could you ask them to let us pass?”

"Zned!? Piwyhi Fikrekor! Dnum um... dnum um..." She stepped forward and looked over the chart, adjusting her glasses, "U zucc nefi dy iqeluri dnil lamicw. Dnum um fiha urdhukourk." She spoke with the Al Bhed's for a few moments before she heard Legiaus speak. "Zned? Zna zyoct zi ty dned?" She stared at Legiaus,waiting for him to answer until she realized she spoke in her native tongue, "Ahem, why would we do that?"

She saw Xion, the look on his face. Something was getting to him. She dropped her questions and nodded, turning to the Al Bhed's, "Zi ehi kyurk dy kid scymih ert iqeluri dni ehie. Wiic whii dy degi e phieg." Aimee led the trio towards the cathedral-like area and immediately began to examine everything she could.

The trio seemed to have a collective sigh of relief when she dropped the question and had the others lead them to the cathedral entrance. The intricate designs on the door seemed to speak greatly for the architecture and designs, but there was something upon closer inspection that just seemed off. “It would appear that whoever had created this held wished for its story to be told from the door alone,” interjected Axle as he viewed the imagery aligned on the door. From what one could gather it seemed to be the story of a battle between one powerful entity and another with a single person in the midst of it. “Perhaps a pilgrimage or even the words of Sin?”

Xion on the other hand moved to the door as if transfixed. The voices seemed to become louder and more rushed in his mind with every step until he placed his hand on the door. Immediately the cold, frigid iron felt warm and hot underneath his hand…pulsating as some of the ice began to melt from the energies being emitted. “Legiaus…Axle!” Xion was confused, frightened, and did not understand why this door was reacting to him…and he didn’t like it.

Legiaus on the other hand seemed to be in contemplative thought. So it seemed that the rumors he had Ellyssa look into were true, but how to explain it without making his comrade’s life even harder? “Keep your hand on the door Xion, and don’t let go until it open.” As if on cue the doors began to click, a series of gears and symbols moving about and opening to the presence before them; it was as if the ruins were accepting his blood and before he knew it the doors would slowly open as mystical energies broke…as if a seal was cracking. In his mind he could hear the words “free me” and another voice saying the same, but without the same desperation.

Axle sighed and looked toward Aimee and the other Al-Bhed, loosely gripping his charkrams in the even they looked toward Xion negatively. “drec cdyoc padfaah ic, ihtancduut?”

Back
Top Bottom