Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

~Dragons~ No longer legend (Asaka-Chan/Zero_Raider1)

Anju frowned at what Julia had told her then looked at the piles of clothes in her arms. Once she began to drag Lithos up to his room, she started putting on some clothes. It seemed like what had happened was a bad dream. At least she wished it were. When Julia spoke of her guardian, Anju gasped and ran to the counter where she was cooking. "I don't have to tell her that I'm a lizard right?! I think she would sell me off to the nearest University of Science!" She cried looking scared out of her mind.

"Don't worry, as long as you don't give off any hints your guardian won't know a thing about your...transformation." She tried to smile, hopping to calm her down. "Anyway, you need to get home soon. He or she is probably worried about you by now. Would you like me to walk you home?" She offered, hoping she would accept.

Anju fell silent and she looked at her hands worriedly. What if I change infront of her? She thought sadly. Then she looked up at her hearing her offer. She smiled weakly and nodded.
"Yeah, I would like the company.."
((Sorry for the short post -.-))

((It's alright))

Julia smiled and followed Anju outside and on her way home. "I'm so sorry about what happened today. Finding out your a dragon isn't the worst thing that happens to one in life." Julia spoke as if she was trying to comfort Anju. "However, at the time of your first transformation, your dorment magical powers should also awaken. It won't be anything powerful right now, but it'll grow with you."

Anju watched the side walk ahead of her instead of looking around. She was feeling a little down after being told that she was a magical lizard that breaths fire. It was a little hard for her to swallow. "Dormant magical powers?" She echoed looking up at Julia with concern. "What kind of powers? Are they dangerous?" She asked as they approached a street crossing.

"Only if you use them in a harmful way." Julia explained to her as they walked to Anju's house together. "You won't know what power's you have until it happens, like your transformation earlier. When it does happen, you'll have a pretty firm idea of what your abilities are." Julia had a moment of pause as she reflected on the injury she inflicted on Lithos. She hoped she didn't hit him too hard and sent him into a coma again.

She frowned but looked up seeing the entrance to the apartment buildings that she lived in. Sighing heavily she looked back at Julia like a scared child. "Is there anyway for me to contact you if anything goes wrong?" She asked. The wind sliding over the sidewalk and playing in her long silvery hair. She was worried about something going wrong and being shipped away to be ripped apart by scalpels and things of that nature. The entire situation was proving to be a bit difficult for her to handle at the moment but there wasn't anything else she could do for her now. She had to continue with her life. "Thanks for the help Julia.." she told her softly.

"Um, yeah, here." Julia pulled out a pen and a slip of paper and scribbled down her house number on it. He gave it to her once it was finished. "Here you go. Sorry about today. I hope you'll be alright from now on." Julia waved to Anju and left to go home. Lithos should be regaining concious by now, she thought.

Taking the slip of paper, Anju thank Julia and watched her walk away. Then she nervously looked up at the massive apartment complex before making it up the stairs to her apartment. All most as soon as she entered the apartment she could hear the harping of her guardian.
"ANJU! I know that's you because you try not to let to door squeak so that I don't know your sneaky ass is here!" She snapped as she thundered through the room to face her. The woman had eyes like a hawk and could see she had been through the ringer but she didn't care.
"Why are you so late coming from work? Where is your paycheck? Did you drop by the bank so you could give me my rent?" The questions kept coming so much is made Anju's head spin.

Lithos had finally regained conciousness and tried to recollect what had just happened. The last thing he could recall was through his confusion was boobs, then pain. Lots of pain. He rubbed his head trying to ease what little pain was left while looking out the window to see that it was dark. He heard the door open, then close and figured Julia must have taken Anju home. He got up to confront his sister about the events earlier, which soon erupted in nothing more then a silly squabble between siblings.

After bravely facing her guardian, Anju stepped into her room and collapsed onto her bed and sighed trying not to scream with frustration. Night was falling and she watched the sun pass over the tall buildings into the horizon. She looked around her room and frowned before opening her window. Then she crawled out onto the fire escape and climbed several stories up to the roof. Pulling her hoody around herself tightly, she looked up into the sky unable to see the stars for the lights, but she imagined them being there. What did this sudden change mean for her? She didn't know, at that moment, all she wanted was to forget everything and relax.

The two eventually settled their argument and went off in separate directions. Lithos put himself in his room for the rest of the night. Staying awake to recollect the events of what happened today. He spent a few hours planning what to do in terms of watching over Anju, and eventually exaughsted himself into deep sleep at almost midnight.

He woke up the following morning without hearing her sister calling for him to get out of bed. In fact he later discovered that she was still sleeping, so he went about doing his usual morning routine before heading out to work today. Perhaps Anju would stay home today because of what happened last night? He thought to visit her after work if that was the case, just to make sure she was alright.

After sitting up on the rooftop for a couple hours, she crawled back into her room and fell asleep for a short while. She didn't get much sleep, but she made an effort to get up early so she wouldn't endure another tongue lashing from her guardian. Taking a quick shower, she hurried to get dressed and dashed out of the apartment without a sound. She moved with inhuman speed and was at the flower shop before the man even opened it. The morning air was crisp and cool. Anju dawned a large hoodie and stretched it over her knees as she sat on the bench that was next to the door. She sat there curled up waiting for her boss to open the door.

When Lithos arrived at the shop, he found Anju already there waiting for the boss to show up. He wasn't really expecting her to come, but he wasn't expecting her to stay home either. He shrugged and slowly sat down next to her. "Hey, how are you doing?" He asked her, regarding to the events of yesterday. He wondered if she would push him away out of fear.

Anju had her arms propped up on her knees and her face pressed into her arms. When Lithos walked towards her and took a seat beside her on the bench, she pressed her face further into her arms. "I feel weird...I'm not used to this at all..I don't know if I can do it.." She sighed with her voice muffled by her arms. Cars ran by and there was no sign of their boss yet.
Her wispy white hair ran down her back like a waterfall of water that ran from the rapids.

"You will in time. It's a part of you now." He told her, looking at the cars passing by as they wait. "Trust me, it's not all so bad. You get to do lots of neat things eventually, and turning into a full dragon isn't so bad. In your case you as adorable as a newborn puppy." He wasn't sure wether he was making her feel good at all.

There was no turning back. She knew that. Her fears were alive in her golden eyes. She hugged her knees close to her and shuddered. "I don't know if I call breathing fire whenever you sneeze neat.." Anju sighed. Part of her didn't want to get out of bed that morning, but the bigger part of her didn't want to face her guardian again. "My guardian doesn’t like any form of animal. If she sees a rat, she will get out her shot gun and kill it.. I feared for my life when I was a normal girl, now I don't know what to do.." Her fear seemed to swell and she shuddered once again.

"Hey, it's alright." He said softly while pulling her gently into his side. "Tell you what, you can come visit me whenever you feel like it. I'm here to help." Lithos saw their boss comming down the sidewalk and gave Anju a reassuring back rub before getting up on his feet and following the boss into the shop.

Feeling his arm around her, Anju blinked and leaned against him for a moment to relax. Closing her eyes for a moment, she smiled. "Thanks Lithos..." She said softly before she spotted their short boss with his coke-bottle thick glasses. He seemed to use the shop broom as a walking stick to since he was approaching them with the broom in hand.
Anju hopped off the bench after Lithos and stood by the door.
The old man looked at him with wide eyes.
"Lithos, I expect you to be here, but Anju you are always late. I don't know what kind of sickness you caught yesterday, but don't be in any hurry to get over it!" He huffed as he hurried for them to get to work.

Lithos sighed and followed the boss into the store. He grabbed an apron and put it on before accompying the boss into the back room where he was tasked with arranging boxes as well as find places to put new shipments at, as well as throw out anything spoiled. He still wished that he could work up front for a change instead of being cooped up back here.

Anju pulled off her hoodie and exchanged it with her apron. She tied her apron at the back while she made her way to the front counter of the flower shop. Then she pulled her hair back into a ponytail so it wouldn't interfere with her work. Putting on some gloves, she went to trimming a few plants and bouquets before the customers came in. The sun was peeking over the buildings by then, and she was humming the same song that haunted her mind since childhood.
People came in and she was polite in helping them pick out a certain kind of flower.
It was a couple hours since the shop opened and there was no one on the streets or in the shop. Anju leaned on the counter and sighed. "Slow day.." She muttered as she looked up at the ceiling. She still felt a little weird, but for the most part. The day felt like any other.

(If you decided on a form of magic of a type of element, you could possibly have your character discover it soon. Not sure how myself though)

Unlike her, Lithos was busy as ever in the back room. He was practicly rearranging the entire storeroom with the boss.

((Hmmm Okay I got it ^___^))

Seeing how pretty it was outside, Anju decided to prop the door open. A gentle breeze came through and brushed against Anju's face. She smiled enjoying the feel of the wind on her skin. Then breeze began to die down. Not wanting the wind to go away, Anju frowned sadly then the wind began to pick up again. She blinked, as the breeze was a little stronger than before. It was just enough to blow the shop's stand of flower seeds out the door. Her eyes widened and she hopped over the counter and ran after them. She made it only twelve steps from the entrance of the store before she called for the seed packets to come back. It was a childish thing to do, but she did it anyway. Then the wind redirected it's self towards her. She managed to snatch the packets of seeds from the air, but other things like magazines and newspapers were caught in the gust. Once she stuffed the seeds into the pockets of her apron, she looked up seeing a wave of newsprint rushing towards her. "Ack!" She yelped then ran back to the shop and slammed the door behind her.

((Lol, how silly. It was fun to read and imagine it ^_^ ))

Lithos was given a break from lifting the boxes, even though he didn't show a hint of fatigue. He went out to find Anju had just come in after shutting the door shut, holding a few packets of seeds in her arms. "Windy day today, isn't it?" He smiled, laughing softly at how flustered she looked.

Right after closing the door, several magazines and newspapers slapped against the window of the door making Anju jump which caused the seeds to fly everywhere. She pressed her hand gently against her forehead and slid to the ground breathing hard from running.
"Yeah...it's a bit windy out there.." She sighed as she brushed bits of hair from her eyes. They were blown out from her ponytail and now hung loosely framing her face.
((I'm glad you enjoyed it ^___^))

Back
Top Bottom