Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

~Dragons~ No longer legend (Asaka-Chan/Zero_Raider1)

He laughed some more and helped her collect the scattered seeds with her. "By the way, you hair looks great that way." He winked at her and took a few packets of seeds back to the stand they were on, putting it back up and laying the seeds on it again. He was still laughing to himself, the image of her flustered self sitting against the store pasted into his mind like a photograph.

"What? I was chased down my the flat media and you think my hair looks nice?" She asked blushing lightly at the compliment. Then she helped him organize the seeds on the rack. “Would you stop laughing at me?!” She whined softly with her hands on her hips. Anju then shook her head lightly and chuckled. "Strange..." she muttered thinking about him and what interested him.

Her fussing was only making him laugh louder. Eventually he was called back into the storage room, so with a sigh he left, taking a moment to laugh once more before dissappearing into the storage room. Once again the boss was ordering him around, having him rearrange things again. Back to the incredibly dull part of work now.

Anju pouted at him as he went back to the storage room. She went back to helping customers at the front counter. It wasn't long before lunchtime rolled around. Anju hopped over the counter only to be bopped over the head again by her manager for acting like a fool.
Rubbing the knot of the top of her head, she replaced her apron with her hoodie in the back of the shop.

Seeing that it was lunch break, Lithos stopped working and put his apron on the rack with Anju's and headed out with her. "Having fun?" He asked, having caught to her soon after leaving the store.

Anju's golden eyes spotted him and she turned her head to look over her shoulder at him.
"Yeah, being chased by a gust of wind and being knocked over the head with a broom handle was really fun!" She said with a tinge of sarcasm. Then she rubbed the knot on her head wincing slightly. "Have you been enjoying yourself in that hole in the back of the shop?"
Anju's eyes held an inquisitive look to them as she spoke.

He laughed at her replied and spoke to her in the same tone. "Of course. It's great stacking boxes everywhere for the entire day." He laughed a bit but then sighed. "Seriously, if they weren't heavy, a kindergartner could do this kind of stuff." He stretched himself out and yawned lightly, relief to be out in the open. "I'd rather be working at the counter instead."

"I like working at the counter. I like the smell of the plants and the customers are usually really nice. I just...I don't know what to do with myself. I'm not human Lithos.." She said softly as she tugged her hoody tightly around her. "What if something goes wrong...So many things could happen. So many bad things.." There was definate worry in her eyes as she spoke.

Lithos suddenly put and arm around her and pulled her in close to him. Then his hand started rubbing her head from on top of her hood. "Hey, don't be so depressed. Being a dragon isn't all misfortune. It can be a lot of fun." He smiled and let her go. "Remember, I'm here to help you when you need it." Then as if to change the subject a little, he asked her. "So, have you discovered what your powers are?"

She blinked when she was suddenly pulled close to him. Then Anju closed her eyes and paused as he spoke. Listening to his words, she inhaled slowly, waited about three seconds and exhaled. This was when the wind could be heard traveling outside. It whistled lowly and caused Anju to look up at the door. "Not really..." She replied worriedly looking outside.

"Want to go find out? It'll be fun. We can grab a bite to eat while we're at it." He saw the door swing open slowly, almost as if someone was coming it, but it was still only the wind. He had an idea what her power was now. "So, you up for it?" He asked, offering her a hand as he made his way to the door.

Anju leaned against the counter as he offered to help her find out more about her powers. She bit her lower lip and looked out at the bright sunlight that signified a beautiful day. She knew he could help her and needed to know so she wouldn't end up getting in trouble later. "....Okay.." She replied as she pushed herself away from the counter. Then Anju took his hand and walked with him.

"Alright. Let's head for the park. It's beautiful today, and it's pretty empty at this time, since everyone should be working." He lead her out of the store and to the park just a block or two away. There was only like 2 or 3 small families there, but they were all at the playground, leaving most of the open field practicly empty and unobserved. Lithos sat down on a bench and plucked a leaf out of midair with ease. "There are various ways of discovering one's abilities. Sometimes you get lucky and inherit multiple abilities. I, for example..." He held the leaf in front of both of them. Within seconds, the leaf suddenly burst into flames, eventually leaving only the stem in witch it held to the tree by. "Can wield fire..." Another few seconds went by, and a ball of light engulfed the leaf and caused it to regenerate. "And life. I'm not so good with life magic though. I can only cure small injuries and wilting plants." He chuckled and handed the leaf to her. "Here, now it's your turn. Simply clear you mind and focus on the leaf. Your powers will affect the leaf depending on there element."

Following Lithos, Anju looked around half-expecting to be attacked by magazines and newspapers once again. She sighed happily when she wasn't. Then she looked to the park and smiled smelling the flowers and feeling the sun on her skin. She walked over to a tree with him and listening closely to what he was saying. When the leaf burst into flames, she gulped and jumped back with wide eyes. Then she scooted closer to him once she saw the leaf regenerate.
"How did you find out you had powers?" she asked him in a hushed tone. Then he placed the leaf in her hand and she looked up at him quizzically. It took her a minute to really focus, but she sat in silence looking at the leaf harshly. Nothing happened for a couple minutes, but just as she began to give up, the leaf began to float and spin over her palm. Her eyes widened then a huge gust of wind rushed through threatening to blow them to the ground. "Ahh!" She yelped as she held her hands up against the wind. Her gesture was like saying halt. The wind calmed and she sat there confounded with herself.

"After nearly burning the kitchen and setting the house on fire." He said with some slight embarrasment. "My sister came just before it got serious. She has mastery over water and ice, but mostly water." He laughed, ending the brief story there. He watched the leaf float up and around, then a huge gust of wind blew at them before suddenly stopping. "Well, it's easy to see what your power is." He laughed and readjusted his posture. "You have power over wind. It'll take a bit before it becomes second nature. Eventually you'll be able to manipulate other elements with that power, like how my sis can manipulate ice through water, or with me, life with fire. I don't know how fire and life go together, but sis tells me that phoenixes can do just that."

Anju's eyes grew wide when she heard him talk about the first time she recieved his powers.
"Wow!" She muttered. Then Anju rolled onto the ground with teh harsh gust of wind. Once it stopped she looked at her hands then at Lithos like she was horribly confused. "Second nature? This is part of nature it's self.." She gasped as he finished. After a long pause, she blinked thinking of Pheonix's. "Are they as real as we are?"

"That was a figure of speach. I meant that it'll become natural to you as touching or seeing." He laughed as she was blown to the ground again by the wind. "Maybe. If dragons are real then there might be a chance phoenixes are real too." He smiled and helped her up. "It's almost time to head back to work again. Would you like to go out after we get off again to eat?"

Once she got to her feet, Anju stumbled around a little, but eventually got her firm footing. She looked up at Lithos laughing at her and began to pout childishly. She then spotted the children across the park looking up at the sky while their mother continued to shield them. Anju wanted to walk over and apologize but then they would simply write her off as nuts. Looking back to Lithos she sighed not wanting to go back to work, but the thought of going out to eat sounded fun. "We should hurry back before we endure another broom beating." She chuckled as she ran to the park gate.

Lithos watched Anju scurry off to apologize to a family about the harsh wind, and simply rolled his eyes at how silly she looked doing it. "You shouldn't hint that you have elemental powers to everyone. It's better to keep stuff like that to yourself." He smiled, then got up and headed back to the shop with Anju. "Yeah, she hits really hard with that thing." Lithos grumbled as they got back on time and resumed working.

After the got off again, this time for the rest of the day, Lithos took Anju to a casual looking restaurant to eat. Once he had paid for admission, he and Anju found a spot near a window to sit and eat at. "Sorry we didn't get a chance to become properly reaquainted yesterday, but it couldn't be helped. Anyway, why don't you tell me a little about yourself, Anju?"

"Ughh I know but they looked to scared.." She sighed as they made their way back to the shop.
Anju put on her apron once again and dealt with about twelve more customers before the day ended. She stood outside the shop entrance and waited for Lithos.
Once he came out, she walked with him to the restaurant.
After taking her seat, she looked out the window then to Lithos. "I understand, but it's still hard to get a grip on. I was pretty normal yesterday until the afternoon, now every thing is different. It's a little hard to grasp." She sighed. Then she looked down at her hands.
"There isn't much to know. I live with my landlord because I lost my parents a long time ago. I know it sounds cheesy but it's the truth. I was hoping to get enough money to move to my own apartment someday and possibly leave the city for another one."

"Maybe I could help you with that." Lithos offered to Anju. "It'd actually make my sister happy knowing that I'm helping someone rather then stay at home all day after work and messing around." He chuckled softly. A waitress eventually came to there table and asked them what they would like to eat. "Full-rack of ribs, a salad, and spring water." Lithos smiled after giving his order and looked at Anju after she had gave her's. "Well, me and my sister have live together forever. I don't know much about my parents, and my sister refuses to tell me anything, no matter how much I pester. We live quite happily together, though she is a bit forceful at times."

Anju tilted her head slightly to the left and listened to him closely. She didn't know much about Lithos outside of work. Her golden eyes seemed to be filled with curiosity. When the waiter came up, she looked at the menu and orders a cheap sandwich and water. She wasn't once to buy anything extravagant to eat. "It's neat that you have some family to go back to. Why won't she tell you about your parents?" Anju wondered if he knew enough to live on his own. She didn't know how she could handle being around people when she could change into a little white lizard at any given moment.

"I don't know, maybe it's too painful for her to talk about, or maybe of the effect it might have on me." He pondered, sighing softly. "You look timid. Don't be. If anything happens, I'm here to help you." He told her, smiling as he did. "And besides, you only turn into a dragon for a few hours a week. In fact..." Lithos paused for a moment, thinking of himself. "Uh, nevermind that. Remember that I'm here to help you as a friend."

"How can I not be? I'm a freaking lizard!" She exclaimed only to have people stare at her. Anju began to blush and sighed laying her head down in shame. "I appreciate you kindness..." She spoke though her voice was muffled by her arms. "Wait! A few hours a week? How am I going to get away with that?! My land lord will have me carted off by then!" She gasped looking at Lithos with genuine fear in her eyes.

"Then we'll have to find a way to keep you out of your landlord's house during that time." he said softly, trying to calm her down. The waitress came back with there food, which relieved Lithos cause it wouold help even more with calming her down. "Either we get you into an apartment by then or have you come over to my house." He reached out his hand to rub her head, comforting her. "I don't want you to be scared, Anju."

Back
Top Bottom