Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

~Dragons~ No longer legend (Asaka-Chan/Zero_Raider1)

She laid her head down again and sighed covering her face just incase she were to cry. Anju could smell the food but she felt a little too upset to eat at the moment. She heard him talk about her options and smiled lightly as he tried to calm her down a little.
"I don't know what to do. When will this happen anyway?" Anju asked upon peeking out from her fortress of solitude better known as her crossed arms.

"For you, a week from yesterday. I'll take care of you then." He got up and sat next to her, then pulled her into him in a gentle hug. "I promise I'll take care of you, don't be afraid." After holding her for a while, he noticed that a few people were staring. He didn't care about them, but thoguht she might, so he tried to divert attention from them. "Here, eat, you'll feel better."

She felt him pull her close and smiled hugging him gently in return. Hugging seemed to help her calm down. Anju never had too many friends and she was never comfortable enough to hug anyone before. At first she was resistant, but she submitted after seeing it wasn't a bad thing.
"Thank you.." She said softly. Anju's golden gaze went to the food and she paused.
"Will it do anything weird?" she asked as she began to eye her sandwich.

"Weirdo, it's just food." He couldn't help but laugh at how skeptical she was. "It's not poisoned, I'll tell you that." He took a piece of his rib and ate it. "I think I'll hold to you a little longer after our dinner date. That ok with you?" He asked after swallowing his food.

She blinked then pushed him playfully. "I meant since my insides are different would it react badly on my stomach!" Anju piped as she took her sandwich and glared at him with a childish pout on her lips. She blinked realizing he was holding her still and looked up at him innocently.
"Dinner date?" Anju echoed curiously then tried to piece things together in her mind. She had never been on a date or ever flirted with, so all these things were pretty alien to her.

"Well, as a dragon you might prefer meat more, but everything humans eat is still edible for you, it just might appeal differently to you." He brought his plate over to him and continued to eat. "Um yeah, that's fine with you right? I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable by that."

Nibbling on the sandwich, she thought about it for a while. It was true that she didn't desire the sandwich as much as she would have before changing. It tasted flat and full of dough. Anju struggled to swallow and took a drink of what. "It's okay.." Anju then pushed her plate, complete with half eaten sandwich away. She didn't want to attempt eating the rest. Leaning back in slight disgust, she sighed and ran her fingers through her long silvery hair. She was dreading her trek back to her noisy, aggressive landlord.

"Done already?" He asked, having finished nearly everything on his plate himself. All that was left was the bones from the ribs and a few pieces of salad. "Well, let's head out now." He smiled and lead her out of the restaurant. "You look upset. Don't want to go home yet?" He asked as they walked through the park. The wind had started reacting to her dread, and was blowing rather fiercely around them.

Anju scooted out from the booth they were sitting in and looked around pulling her hoody close to herself. She didn't really care for being stared at by others, but since she had unnatural hair and eye color she was often stared at. Her expression showed how much she didn't want to go home as well as the wind around them. Anju looked up at him with the wind whipping her silvery hair about her. "I don't want to go home.." She admitted and the wind seemed to deflate like a dying balloon.

"Want to run away somewhere?" He suddenly asked, stopping at the nearest bench and bring her around to look at her. "Somewhere where no one can find us? It won't be for long." He brought her into a gentle hug and started to play with her silvery hair with his fingers. "I'll take responsibility of causing you to be late."

"Huh?" She replied looking up at him with slight shock. She didn't expect him to ask her that even though that was what she wanted right now. After a small pause then she froze once he pulled her into a hug once again. Anju quickly melted and rested against him with a gentle smile on her face. She could feel him playing with her hair and this caused her to blush a little.
"Where do you want to go?" She asked looking up at him trying not to blush anymore.

"Anywhere you want." He said softly in a comforting manner, feeling her loosen up in his arms. "We could stay here in the park for a while, or go explore for a bit." His fingers continued to dance in her hair, enjoying the feel of it. "By the way, you look really beautiful tonight."

"I want to go where no one can find me.." She told him as she looked up with her head directly below his chin. Anju could see the outline of his face in the twilight sky. The night was just beginning and her face was warm and red. When she complimented her, she began to stammer thanking him and looking at the ground. She noticed he was still playing with her hair and she tried to use that to relax.

"Your wish is my command, princess." Lithos said softly to her, playing into they're little fantasy. He scooped her up suddenly in his arms and took them further into the park. He brought her to the playground, and found a spot inside the playground where they could be and no one would find them. At least that was his thought. "Is this secret enough for you, princess?" He asked, one hand running through her hair again while another massaged her back.

Before she could say anything more, he had her up in his arms. Her eyes were wide and her face was red. Then she closed her eyes tightly and held on as he took her into the furthest reaches of the park. When he stopped walking, Anju's eyes slowly opened and she looked up at him curiously. "Why are you calling me princess?" She asked feeling her heart flutter a little.

"Because you like being called that." He whispered softly to her, stopping his hands and just simply holding her close to him. He could feel her heart beatting into his, noticing she was getting excited as well as himself, for his own heart was beating just as fast. "Perhaps the Princess Anju would except a gift from me before we are forced to part ways?" After hearing her ask about what it was, he lifted her face up to his and leaned down to kiss her gently on the lips. He pushed her into a wall and held both her hands over her shoulders with his own hands. He held it for a while, maybe a minute almost, before he broke the kiss and looked the way. "I...won't be able to come to work tomorrow. However, I want to see you though, so could you please come to my house tomorrow?"

All she could do was look up at him with wide eyes. They were like deep pools of molten gold that shimmered in the dusk. Her face was very warm from blushing and she had her hands on his chest trembling. Lithos continued to hold her close and she listened to him and blinked when he spoke of a present. Since he was indeed a dragon boy, she had no clue what to expect from him. "What do you me-" Anju's voice trailed off when he gently placed his fingers over her chin and tilted her head up to meet his lips. Her eyes began to glow softly in immediate response. The wind swirled around them as he slowly took her hands in his and pushed her against a stone wall. Her heart was beating furiously and there was nothing she could do to stop it. Once he broke the kiss, she looked away with her eyes fading back to deep gold. "Why wont you?" She asked after he mentioned not going to work the next day. Then she smiled sheepishly.
"I'll come.."

"You'll see when you come by tomorrow." He smiled and left on last kiss on her forehead before he took her hand to lead her somewhere. "I'll take you home first. I hope to see you after work tomorrow." Once she took his hand, or arm if she wanted, he led her back to her home, following her instructions since he never been there before. Only his sister. Once she was home and safe, Lithos waved goodbye and left for home that night. When tomorrow came and Anju arrived at work for the day, Lithos was not there. The boss said something about his sister Julia calling in sick for him with the flu.

She was blushing wildly and her heart was racing like there was no other. Anju walked with him back to her house. It was easy to tell she didn't want to go back. She knew she would have to explain her absence.

The remainder of the night was tough on Anju. Her landlord pounced on her with questions and yelling. She did the best she could to answer them all clearly and went to bed or at least tried to. The woman followed her and howled some more about her being useless. Like the previous day, she was at work early and her boss was surprised yet again. He made her work inventory while he took care of the customers for the day. She didn't like being cooped up in the back room organizing and reorganizing boxed of seeds and refrigerated flowers. The day passed quickly and she went to Lithos and Julia's house. She stood at the door and knocked gently being slightly nervous rather than scared like last time.

When she knocked, It was Julia who had answered the door. Her clothes looked old, kinda torn up in a few places and burnt in others as well, but didn't reveal any of her skin at all. Looked like a fire-breathing animal attacked her. "Oh hi Anju. Lithos said he wanted to see you today, but you should be careful. He's a little..." The was a low growling sound heard through out the house, hinting that a large beasts lurked somewhere. "Well, I'll let you see him yourself. He's in the backyard napping at the moment." Julia led Anju through the house and into the backyard. Laying their curled up in the center was a red dragon easily the size of a pack horse, possibly bigger. He was asleep at the moment, puffs of smoke shooting through it's nostrils as it breathed peacefully. "I bet he wanted to surprise you. Today is his dragon day." Julia said with a smile. Lithos heard Julia talking and let out a yawn, lifting his serpent like head to see Julia and Anju standing there looking at him. He soon got up on all fours and shook himself, stretching his massive wings out and yawning once more before sitting down again and laying his head on the ground, but continued to look at the two. "Want to go pet him?" Julia asked Anju. "It's ok, you don't have to be afraid of him."

Her eyes grew wide when she saw Julia. "Are you okay?" she asked as she walked through the entrance to the apartment. Anju continued to study the singed and torn parts of her clothes as they walked through the bottom level of the home. She heard a low growl and blinked looking around with concern. "Napping in the.." Anju's voice trailed off when she looked out into the yard. They’re laid a large red dragon. Smoke poured from its nostrils as it slept and her expression was priceless. She remembered him telling her that people like them had to take on their dragon forms at least once a week for a couple of hours. "So this is what he looks like as a dragon..." She said softly then watched him shake himself and stretch his wings. Her eyes seemed to double in size as he did so. Looking into his eyes, she saw Litho's personality shining through. The laid back but oddly mysterious boy, from work could be seen in his eyes.
She walked over to him slowly and she reached down and began to stroke the scale-covered top of his head. "Working in the back room is a pain.." She told him with a bit of a sigh.

((Glad I made a major supporting character, or else this scene would be in chaos :p ))

Lithos rubbed his head into Anju's hand gently. He could easily overpower her with a simple gesture, so he had to be really careful now. He nodded when she mentioned working in the back and growled in a way that sounded like soft laughter. Julia sighed as she sat down on one of the patio chairs. "Sorry about earlier. The shift into dragon form is painful, and as a result, this is what happened." Julia laughed pointing out her tattered clothes. "Don't worry. I always have a set of clothes on hand specificly for this purpose." As Lithos nuzzled his large head into Anju's hand, Julia walked over and whispered to Anju. "Want to touch his wing? He won't mind if you do."

((They are quite useful.))

His skin was warm to the touch and she smiled as she continued to stroke him gently. Her hand began to glide down his neck gently then she laughed when she heard him growl/laugh about her experience with inventory. Hearing Julia, Anju looked back at her then frowned. "So it hurts each time we change?" She said with worry in her voice. Then she looked to the ground trying to think about how she could handle transforming again. The first time was bad enough.
She was still thinking about it when Julia came up to her and whispered into her ear.
"Okay..." She said softly then she looked at Lithos as if confirming on whether it was okay or not to touch his wings. Slowly, she extended her hand and ran her fingers gently over his left wing.

"Yes, but never as bad as the first. It's like watching a scary movie once, then watching it again. You know what's gonna happen, so it's not as scary as the first time. It's the same thing here. You already felt the pain once, so it doesn't hurt as much when you go through it again. It still hurts though." She laughed trying to feel better herself. Julia giggled softly and went over to Lithos's left wing with Anju. "He doesn't mind at all. his membrane has a wierd feeling when you touch it though. I never touch another dragon's wing before except for Lithos, so maybe it's like that for all dragons." Julia reached out her hand and rubbed it along the thin membrane between the fingers. "It's like leather, but it's so thin it feels like you could easily poke a hole in it." She admired, rubing both hands along his wing now. Lithos had gone back to sleep at that moment.

"I hope it won't be as bad..." She said in a soft whisper. Then she felt the leathery membrane that was Lithos's wings. Her eyes grew wide as Julia explained it to her. "It's really neat. Are there any certain species of dragon or are they all considered the same?" Anju asked with curiosity in her golden eyes. Noticing that Lithos was asleep once again, she smiled and told Julia she should be heading back home. Petting Lithos gently she wished him goodnight and sighed dreading her daily talk with her landlord.

Back
Top Bottom