Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[OOC] Glory of the Roman Empire

Awesome! Can’t wait for this to start! Is there anyone who wants to fall in love with a pretty Courtesan with links to house Iulia or someone who wants to conspire with her to climb the ranks?

So, accidentally posted in the wrong thread, sorry about that, but...

Could i play a younger/youngest son of one of the Families? Who is expected to make something worthy of himself, but in fact, basically does not want to. He's pretty much only interested in a few things, the main one being an obsession with gladiators, training to acquire those skills for himself (only thing he's ever worked hard at in his life, so he is in fact pretty good,) and the insistence that upon coming of age, (just has or just about to?) he is himself going to fight in those games. Second interest, debauchery, mainly involving lots of wine and, well, gladiators. Or whoever, really, given substantial wine. So, family reactions ranging from real fear for him to plain embarrassment, to 'Just let him go fight if he wants to so badly. He'll either get over it after a time or three, or die. Either way our problem is solved.'

So, interested, please let me know what you think, what House/who might want him in theirs? TY!

@ScarlettRose
Oh I am sure there will be plenty of such to do. Question is how much she can gain from such things! Can't get better than richest man the Republic *cough cough*

@Absinthe Memory
That would be good archetype to play. You can post character sheet in the section, link provided above. He might get a bit evil eye from father though... just a heads up.

I am waiting for few more who wanted to make character to do so. After that I'll post my character and we're starting. Also @frightorflight I still need you to provide at least one image of Cadmus' face.

Oh shit, Magician, think we may have been waiting on each other. I will definitely have mine this weekend

I prefer to just give a description and let people use their imagination. I really don't like using face claims because it makes it hard for me to get in character.

Just pick someone as close to the description of your guy. Hardly anyone will imagine him by the actual pic when writing. The imagination usually takes over. I can help if you give me a description.

My problem with fase claims is more a personal things, I just have a lto harder time getting into a role usually if I have to place a face on them. I don't know why but it break the illusion for me, that's why I used a picture with an ambiguous face.

I'll just wait for the GM to way in. if I have to I'll find a face and see how it goes. If I just can't get into it then I'll just leave the rp.

Alright. Here is the thing. If you absolutely can't make a face claim, I can live with that. It won't take away from overall experience, however I want you to consider that you are already playing a non-affiliated character in setting that is designed to show diplomacy and relations between factions. I need to be fair and give everyone else exemption from the rule. But that's fine, I am more interested in writing than simple image, which... you now have to impress me with :D. Also, your description of him should then be detailed so we know with whom we will interact. That much is a -must- and won't budge from it.

I have waited sufficient amount of time to see maybe more people can join and reason for not starting it sooner is because in my experience, people tend to change their mind and decide to switch faction or change character and this was good time to do so. Story starts tomorrow, without delays.

@kckolbe @Rivine @Hawkeye - You can join at any point, just need to make character sheets first and introduce character to story. Rest of the positions will be open for whoever else from outside shows interest in joining. There will not be anymore neutral positions, newcomers must pick a side.

No worries, Magician. Working on a char sheet today. You already know the concept, just need to make it all formal and add some fluff to the bio

Okay I can work with that. I'm not trying to make a fiss or seem like a thin skinned player but this is actually a thing for me and I know its odd so thank you for being amicable.

Char sheet posted! Sorry for the not great picture, really hard to find John Hamm *not* in a suit.

Back
Top Bottom