Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

RP: PITY PARTY FNAF [ Horror_Show & rose_and_raven]

Mike smirked and pushed off the suv. "She's fine. He's pretty protective over those he cares about." He wondered how they would react to the fact that wasn't a costume. Hopefully they would handle it better then he did.

Glass crunched under his boots as he stepped into the store. He made his way past rusted shelves and damp insulation from were the ceiling collapsed. Spotting some plastic wrapped towels among rotting boxes, he grabbed them

It didn't take long for him to find them curled up on the floor. It was so cute it was almost cute. "Sure you want to be hugging on him like that? He hasn't had a bath in over a week." He joked.

William lifted his head to glare at Mike. "There was a notable lack of places to shower." He shifted position slightly, holding her warm form close, one hand lightly stroking her damp hair.

He could feel the change in her breathing, how it went from rapid and strained to soft and even of sleep. The poor girl must be exhausted from the stress and panic attack and he had no intention of moving least he wake her up.

"Now that you've found her we can get the hell out of this creepy town. The rain finallystopped." He peeled the plastic from the towels then draps one over Riley's shoulders then draped the other around Williams.

"The suv won't start and it won't let us walk out of here." William tucked the white towel around Riley.

"How-"

"I've been here before." He pointed out though he refused to elaborate.

"Great. So you are saying we are stuck here." Mike sat down heavily on the floor, running one hand through his short hair.

"For now." He leaned back against the wall, leg throbbed though he largely ignored it. They needed to find some where a lot safer before the fog rolled in and the creatures made themselves known. For now he was content to sit on a filthy floor, holding Riley, feeling her breath on his damp fur.

Libby had reunited with David and Josh and they discovered just as William already knew the rental wouldn’t start. Of course none of them had service to request any sort of help. They talked amongst themselves regarding Riley just running off. Libby and Josh wanted to just get out of here and start the longer journey home with Riley but David thought they were overacting since Riley was just fine. Nightfall was just around the corner with fog trying to settle in but David reminded Josh they could look at the rental in daylight hours and they should all just camp out for the night and rest, they could worry about the rental. David mentioned seeing quite a few abandoned vehicles, some that might have useful parts they could use. He was sort of a mechanic in training, that gave a small lingering light of hope to Libby.

They met with the others who were making their way from the strip mall. All of them noticed how Riley stayed pretty damn close to the rabbit like creature, almost too close. They talked about where to settle for the night and how the boys were going to try to look at the rental to get it going in the morning. It wasn’t long after they were all walking down the wet city road toward what was a known abandoned strip club named Heaven’s Nights. Riley didn’t know much of anything but she was only a kid living here so she wouldn’t have. The boys cracked jokes but they would enter up the alleyway stairs to the entrance and they got in fairly easily. Everything inside was pitch black, they had a couple of flashlights and charged lanterns, about two of them.

Josh had brought Riley’s duffel bag and some blankets and sat them down. This definitely wasn’t going to be easy camping but there was some round table boothe that could be used for sleeping with the old cushioned seating. They had set the lanterns up on different tables and it gave some light out so they weren't in total darkness. Riley parted from William just to get on some warmer layers of clothing and get a bottle to drink with some snacks. The boys also brought the color that was pretty stocked with water, soda’s and gatorade and snacks. Riley walked as they watched the boys fooling around on the stage as Mike and Willian were in the back.

“Why are you so up that dude in a costume ass...he’s fucking weird….” Libby said low enough.

“He’s not a guy in costume...he’s from my past. He use to take care of me when I was little at my mom’s work….”

“Freddys? The security guard?”
Libby had known about what memories she vaguely had and Riley nodded looking up at her.

“Wh-what the fuck happen…..how is he here now….did you plan this?”

“I didn’t know he was even alive or if he was really a real person….I had no idea what memories I had were even real. You guys found him when we came here at the diner and when the van broke…..I didn’t know.”
Riley protested.

“So is he some fucked up animatronic suit thing that shouldn’t exist?” Libby asked being freaked out and Riley eye’s swelled with tears.

“He won’t hurt any of us....he won’t…” She breathed, shaking. Libby saw how emotional her best friend was and sighed. She hadn’t meant to upset her.

“.....I’m s-sosorry Rye…” She called her by her nickname, sighing.

Riley left Libby with the boys up front and went over to a corner by herself and just sat down at a booth with no lantern just trying to hide herself and her emotions as she was slowly losing her shit. She couldn’t explain how she felt about finding William, being stuck here now and the feeling deep in her gut.

Warm air that smelled of musty cigars, stale beer mixed with less pleasant scents greeted them. The bar was large with sparse tables and booths covered in aging red fabric. It was brab and dark despite the bright neon signs that hung on the wall. Even the small lanterns couldn't dispel the gloom.

William strode to the bar and sat down, eyeing the empty bottles and overturned glasses on the back bar that made him lick his lips though he forced himself to look away from the temptation.

"Looks like we are too late for breakfast and the bartender is out for lunch."

Mike's face contorted with undertones of disgust while he looked at his grinning partner. "What? Why would they serve breakfast?"

"They used to open at nine or ten and they had a breakfast buffet. Its a gimmick to draw people in early."

"And you know this how?" Mike asked, skeptical. "Were you a frequent flier?"

William shifted slightly, ears folding back as he fixed his gaze on the back bar. "It was someone's birthday and a bunch of my coworkers strong armed me into going to the strip club. I spent the entire time getting very well acquainted with the floor and ceiling." He could practically feel the man leering at him. "Not like that, I hid in a booth in the back staring at the floor or ceiling the entire time." Lura had heard all about the trip to the nudey bar and had laid into verbally, every word a stinging lash. She avoided his eyes for the rest of the day after they had a minor fight about her jealousy.

I swear nothing happened, I didn't even want to be there but Peter dragged me. Literally.

Well did you get to enjoy looking at naked woman that were much prettier then me? You could have tried harder not to go.

William shifted uncomfortably and pushed the memories away, refusing to dwell on them

"Yeah, hey can I get a Samuel Adams." Mike asked the invisible bar tender. "What do you want?"

Hr hesitated, tounge sticking to the roof of his mouth. "Its been awhile." Could he even get drunk any more? That would suck the fun out of it. "What ever you get."

Mike looked at the dusty bottles in the back bar. "The service here sucks. Guess I'll just have to help myself." With that Mike scrambled over the top of the bar.

William shook his head, somewhat amused, one ear flicking back to catch the conversation coming from the tables, a

Fucked up animatronic suit that shouldn’t exist? A ridge of damp fur running down his back began to stand up. It wasn't as if he asked to be this way! Taking in a deep breath he forced himself to calm down then got up, making his way over to Riley.

Concerned he sat down across from her. "Hey...they didn't mean it. They're never seen anything like me...." gingerly he reached across the table and gasped one of her hands.

Riley was sitting all to herself in the dark when William would walk over sliding across from her in the booth. She could hear his footfalls and padding on the trash of the bar and didn’t move or say anything when he reached across grabbing her hand with his soft furry digits. Of course with those big ass ears he was able to hear everything and had heard the conversation between her and Libby. Riley could understand why everyone was freaked out and honestly, she should have been freaked out even more but wasn’t. It was as if she had anticipated something of this nature to occur and she hadn’t even told William or the others about the text messages or the picture. If she were to take out her phone and try to show anyone the text messages, they wouldn’t be there.

She was quiet and just looked around the bar watching her friends up front and Mike was still off back by the bar. She slumped back in the booth. Something was bringing her spirits down and her emotions were all over the place.

“Yeah, I know…” She mumbled back to him.

“I’m gonna find a bathroom and try to go to the bathroom without catching a disease.” She half joked sliding out of the booth, not wanting to let go of his paw but did so she didn’t seem too clingy. She followed Libby into the public bathrooms on the same floor and opted out of dealing with that mess and was about to just squat somewhere when she noticed a back exit that led to the second story of the building. Grabbing a flashlight and her handgun still hidden from view she headed up to explore. Libby groaned out at Riley once again just leaving by herself but at least it was in the same damn building. Libby didn’t know if she should head up with her friend or stay down here. Libby walked back out to the others and when she caught a few looks she shrugged.

“She’s off doing her own thing...she went to explore...she found a back exit to some stairs…” Libby said bending down by the cooler rooting for something to drink.

Concerned he wanted to get and follow her but he didn't want to appear to be overly protective. There was something bothering her and while he wanted to know what it was, he didn't want to risk upsetting her more. The sound of the jukebox coming on made him jump a little while some one cheered.

With a sigh he got up and made his way back to the bar and took a seat, avoiding the others. One ear swiveled towards the others, picking up hushed conversations. He had little doubt that some of it was about him though he chose not listen in too closely. They were unsettled by his presence and it hurt more than it should have.

Mike reappeared, grinning and holding up two bottles of beer. "Found them in a fridge. Still cold." He sat the bottles on the bar and using a found bottle opener, he poped the caps off. "Cheers." Still grinning he handed William one while he took a deep drink from his bottle and shuddered at the slightly stale taste.

William stared at the bottle, watching the beads of moisture make tracks down the clear glass. Clouded in his own miserable thoughts he didn’t notice the worry on the other man's face.

"What are you thinking about?"

A lot of things including letting old memories surface and dwelling on them when he shouldn't. "Something is bothering Riley."

"Pretty sure she will be fine. I mean she just got you back after who knows how many years, she probably has a lot on her mind." Mike offered lamely. He had never been good at comforting others.

"You might be right." Still something felt off.

Riley pulled herself up the old wooden staircase, it creaked so bad you thought one of the stairs might give in but it stayed together till she got to the top where there was yet another door and it opened letting her inside of what would appear to be a smaller old apartment unit. It was easy to figure maybe this was the owner's place of the strip joint? The place looked outdated ten/twenty years and there was dust everywhere. It didn’t look the tidiest with trash left over in the kitchen counters and table but it was a lot more livable than what they had seen downstairs and in the strip mall. This place was old and abandoned but not quite rotting just yet. Riley shined the flashlight and found what was the bedroom, a full sized bed with a dresser and nightstand and a bathroom which she paced over too. Out of habit she felt for a switch and to her surprise the lights came on, showing this place had electricity? The light flickered but eventually stayed on slowly getting brighter, probably struggling from years of no use. The bathroom wasn’t the greatest but way better than the public one downstairs. She flushed the toilet, and it worked and she flushed it a couple of times and bent over checking if the water worked in the sink. It worked! Though she didn’t know if was safe to drink. She ran back out to the other apartment and found a light switch to the kitchen and a few lamps and the place was actually lit.

She spent at least twenty minutes trying to find anything to use for cleaning, excited she could make the smaller bathroom usable. Finding an old ass bottle of bleach and a bottle of spray cleaner she doused the old porcelain tub and in the toilet, using the spray bottle to get the rest of the toiler, sink and shower walls. She had to leave the bathroom, so she didn’t pass out from fumes as she hunted for something to wipe it down. In the closet she found a stacked washer and dryer and sure enough found some dried old towels and washcloths in the dryer and used one to go attack the bathroom. Libby would come up to find her on the bathroom floor scrubbing in just her t-shirt and leggings, with a towel rolled up under her knee’s for cushion and Libby rolled her eyes.

“Even in some abandoned shit town in some apartment above a strip joint your somehow cleaning the bathroom...girl are serious?” Libby asked realizing the sink actually had running water.

“This shit town was my home…” Riley said and Libby once again sighed feeling like she wasn’t winning with Riley.

“Why are you wasting your time and energy cleaning?” Libby asked.

“Because we don’t know how long we are going to be stuck here and it least there is a half decent place to piss....and clean up.” Riley said and Libby walked out looking at the bedroom.

“You wouldn’t stay at the hotel but some weird creeps apartment above a bar does it for you...cool.” Libby said sarcastically. Riley turned on the bathtub to rinse out the bleach and cleaner ignoring her friend. Riley rinsed off her hands coming into the bathroom to eye her friend.

“Can I piss….then I can leave you back to it…” Libby said going into the bathroom and shutting the door as Riley awkwardly stood there. She headed back downstairs and saw the two boys were about to pass out near the stage and William was with Mike drinking of all things. She didn’t want to impost or make him think she was obsessed with him so she went to grab her duffle bag and bent down by the cooler to throw some gatorade, water and snacks in it before silently heading right back toward the upper level. She was stopped with Libby coming through the door. Riley looked at her and she shrugged.

“....I’m not staying up there….that’s all you…..” Libby said walking over to where the boys were and Riley headed up once again by herself to settle down for the night. She got back upstairs and let the bathroom air out and threw one of her blankets on the bed so she wasn’t sleeping directly on the old mattress and sat down. She was still cold as hell but had warmed up a little from moving around. She grabbed her phone and saw the messages were still gone and wondering if she was hallucinating.

Fetch 8:30 PM: So you think that Silly old rabbit is gonna be your friend? Does your heart ache for him now? Too bad he doesn’t look as pretty as he did when you was a little girl….now you're stuck with him as an old dirty rabbit.

Then just like that she got a message with another media message, the picture was of William in his prime back at the restaurant. She was glued to the picture.

William sighed and tilted the nearly empty beer bottle, his third one. Just as he feared he didn't even feel a buzz. He sighed again then put the bottle down. Not being able to get drunk really sucked the fun out of it.

"You're still worried about her?"

"Is it that obvious?" He looked up, one ear flopping over.

"You've got that look on your face, like some one ran over your dog." Mike leaned against the bar casually, feeling a little buzzed. "Why don't you go check on her?" He almost girlfriend but he didn't want to eat bar top.

William glanced at the others watching them settle down before getting up. Part of him wanted to stay at the bar and drink until he couldn't think like he did when Lura was around, smothering the memories underneath a haze of alcohol. But the memories would be waiting once he sobered up.

He made his way out the back boor then paused at the stairs. Would she be asleep? Or would she even want to see him while she was in the mood she was in. He fidgeted the slowly walked up the stairs listening to them creak and groan under his weight. Half way up he stopped and almost turned back but concern over rode the unease.

He lifted one hand and knocked on the door, ears straining to catch any sound.

Riley was lost zoning out just staring at the picture of William. It was him in the smaller security room all in uniform but he was giving an attempt at a smile which was gorgeous. For years she just missed him, longed to have him back and the attention and love he gave her back as a kid. Now she was a grown young adult and was realizing the guy she saw at Freddy’s all the time was in fact very attractive and could see why her mom liked him. Although she wasn’t too sure how far that went she was too young to remember and her mother really didn’t talk about anything from that time period. Her mother just wanted to pretend like it never existed. She didn’t even acknowledge they lived in Cold Creek or that Riley was born here. It felt like her childhood was just all in her imagination.

Fetch: 8:50 PM: KNOCK KNOCK....

Right as that text happened Riley was torn out of her thoughts and looked back at the apartment door. Libby would just walk in so she knew it had to be...Will. She was too out of it to notice his heavy footfalls coming up the long staircase and she got up and walked to the door opening gazing up at him for the first time being able to actually see what he in fact was. She was like 5’4 compared to him being six feet. She got caught just gawking at him.

“..H-H-h-hey….” She stammered and opened the door to let him in. She nervously rubbed her neck walking back. “I didn’t want to crowd you….I found this place and there's electricity and running water…..I tried to clean the shit hole bathroom up and it seems worthy of crashing for the night….I thought Libby might crash up here with me but I guess not.” She finished. She looked back at William as he stood there. It was kind of scary as fuck to see him as he was. She could tell it was him, she felt his presence, his energy….those beautiful deep green eyes.

“You said you wouldn’t leave me….” She said like she was trying not to lose it. “Did you mean that….” She wasn’t even sure what the hell she was trying to confirm. She was so damn determined not to be scared of what he was and kept looking at him, forcing herself. She desperately just wanted to be that little girl, that was carefree playing at the pizzeria...that feverish little girl getting all his attention. She wanted to just run and hug him but didn’t move.

"I ....uh hope I'm not intruding." He fidgeted in place, leaning heavily on his right leg that the pain had returned full force. Walking up the stairs must have aggravated the wound. "You looked like you were really upset about something and I wanted to make sure you were okay." He gazed down at her, head tilted slightly, caught off guard by her question.

"You weren't crowding me. I don't mind your company." Hell he enjoyed really. It made him feel alive in ways he didn't think were still possible.

"I meant what I said Riley. I'm not going to leave you." He swore he could hear her voice quiver with some pent up emotion. "I'm never going to leave you." Despite the hot flare of pain shooting up his leg he crouched a bit so he wasn't looming over her. "I promise."

Then he caught an eyeful of the picture on her cell phone and grimaced. "I can't belive I ever thought that hair style looked good. I look terrible with long hair."

Riley frowned and almost look like she might break down sobbing right in front of him as he crouched a little but then he saw the picture on her phone and made a comment about the picture she had been looking at. He joked about his longer hair style and she got somewhat embarrassed he even caught her with a photo of him but she literally didn’t even have it. Someone had sent it! She still didn’t know if she should say anything but figured it was best to tell him. She pulled up her phone and pulled up text and just like before soon as she left viewing the media message. There was no trace of the texts and she sighed.

“I don’t just have random pictures of you on my phone. I didn’t have any. I couldn’t have because I was just a kid with absolutely no phone, camera or desire to take pictures of you but soon I got to this town I starting messages and they involved you. Like someone knows I’m here and knows our past and was trying to get me to be scared or taunting me. Every time they send them. They disappear...” Riley said showing him how nothing was there now. She even gave him her phone if he wanted to do anything with it.

Then she noticed injured leg and bent down on her knees observing it. It was a nasty deep gash. It needed cleaned and ointment and patched up and he probably some antibiotics. All which she had with her because she was super OCD when she packed. She also noticed his yellow fur was almost brown and matted.

“Let me help clean you up. I got a first aid kit and enough shower stuff....your coat needs cleaned....the bathroom isn’t too bad. I just bleached it.” Then she had the craziest idea and got up going back to the closet with the stacked washer and dryer. She saw old laundry detergent and softener and opened the washer. She stated a cycle and saw it worked. The water even looked clear going into the basin. She poured in the soap and softener and found a pile of what was dirtied towels and washcloths and shoved it in with a few of her own dirty clothes. She started the dryer just to check it.

“So we’re have clean clothes and towels now too...somehow this place has running electricity and water....” Riley dug through her duffel bag to make sure she didn’t any other dirty clothes. Meanwhile she pulled out her impressive first aid kit that had everything. She threw her handgun on the nightstand putting on the safety lock and then kicked off her shoes even though it was a little chilly. She pulled out a big bottle of shower gel, shampoo and soap and went in the bathroom.

"I'd be flattered if you had pics of me. As long as it's one when I didn't look like such a dork." He joked lamely. "Someone wants to hurt you by sending you messed up messages. If we ever find out who it is, I'll turn them into a pretzel." Provided he simply didn't just mangle them for upsetting Riley. He sat the phone down since he had no idea how to work it.

At the mention of the wound he looked down and grimaced at the tear in pants leg. "Shit...this is the only pair I have." He examined the tear, must had caught it on something in the supermarket. All the movement hadn't done the wound any favors, causing most the careful stitches to pop. "Its all right, it doest hurt that much."

He perked up a bit at the mention of a clean bathroom and limped to it, peering in. The faint smell bleach and mildew hung in the air. The tiles were cracked and the tub stained but it was as clean as it was going to get. One ear flicked towards the sound of a washer. Clean clothes was a blessing given how long he often wore what little he had with out changing. "It's a safe house. I guess what ever forces are at work want us to have someplace that's safe for some reason."

While confusing he didn't dwell on it, there were more important things to be concerned about like who was harassing Riley and the hurtful things her friends were saying even if they didn't mean it. They were just stressed out and worried he told himself. He shook it off and sat on the bed and took off his gun belt, sitting it in grabbing reach.

“I’ll let the water run and get you a bath started.” She said nodding as he went over and sat down on the bed. He would see her disappear back into the smaller bathroom and would hear her fidgeting with the knobs on the old tub and would hear running water, after a few minutes the water pressure would kick in. She let it run so it could get hot and started looking clear. She put the bottles of soap, shampoo and conditioner on the ledge. She let her hand now and then check the temperature and while being bent over the tub didn’t understand how any of this was real. She was actually back in Cold Creek, staying in some strip joint with William but William wasn’t human. His partner, Henry had brutally fucked him over and she doubted there was anyway to help him be human again.

She had her whole life ahead of her and right now all she could do was think about William, would they make it out of this town alive? Would he stay with her outside of this town? Would he let her live her life but still be with him? Where could they live where he would be safe? He couldn’t be found, the government alone would turn him into an experiment and make him an X-File for sure. After ten minutes or so she started filling up the tub with water. She squirted some of her shower gel into the hot water to give it some bubbles. At least the bubbles would disguise the water and stains below making it more appealing.

He tried to get up only to sit back down when pain flared hot and fast through the damaged limb. Biting down on his tounge to muffle any sound he peeled the torn cloth from the wound with a wince. He could see a flash of metal through the ragged gash. Stubbornly he tears off a strip of cloth and tightly binds it with a hiss. He'd take care of it later.

William pushed off the bed then limped to the bathroom and leaned against the door way, watching with a smile. The small room was rapidly filling with warm steam that smelled faintly of artificial flowers.

He kept finding himself thinking about her and it made him feel not just alive but oddly warm. It was a feeling he sorely missed. The more he watched the he realized she was tense and zoned out, her gaze on the water. A part of him wanted to know what was on her mind but he didn't want to seem like he was being nosey. Growing concerned he pushed off the door frame and gingerly sat on the toilet. He reached out and lightly grasped one of her hands. "Riley. What's bothering you?" The concern was visible in his eyes.

Riley turned to see Will sitting on the toilet across from her and he grabbed her hand. She was starting to notice he was fully invested in her and it made her heart swell. In the bright bathroom lighting she could really see who he was now. His fur was between gold and yellow though right now it looked darker. He had a very cute snout and his rabbit ears were longer. He wasn’t overly bulky like most of the other animatronics, he was more slender and stood over six feet. She noticed his metal joints. He did look a little intimidating but he also look adorable.

“Just a little freaked out with everything but I’m ok.” She said nodding as if trying to convince herself. He pushed off her knees and he helped her stand and she smiled and motioned toward the tub. “Let’s get you cleaned up. You need to soak for awhile. It be easy to clean then. It might help you.” She said waiting. She didn’t know if she should turn or leave to give him privacy with this clothing though he was covered in fur. So instead she turned off the water and headed out to throw the laundry into the dryer real quick.

William relaxed a bit. "I got a little worried with everything thing going on, it must be stressful for you. If you ever need to talk I'm willing to listen. I can't promise I'll know what to say but I can listen."

He waited until she left then nudged the door mostly shut with a foot while undoing the buttons on his shirt then stripped it off, draping it over the back of the toilet. When it came to stripping off his pants he hesitated, glancing over his shoulder at the door. He chuckled softly and shook his head. It wasn't as if there anything to really to see. At least nothing that dangled. Still...he peeled the ruined pants off, wincing when the cloth pulled at the wound. He tossed the ruined pants to the side. Hopefully he had some spares in his duffle bag.

He stepped into the tub and sank down with a low groan of pleasure, all but melting into the hot soapy water, leaning against the back of the tub he closed his eyes, easily ignoring the dull throb in his leg. It wasn't as if he could get an infection or something so he didn't worry too much about it.

The heat felt amazing and lulled him into a relaxed state, one ear swiveled towards the low hum of the dryer and soft patter of bare feet. It was a nice change to the near constant rumble of a car engine or rattle of a cheap hotel air conditioner.

Riley seemed happy the washed mostly worked. The soap was old so it didn’t smell as nice but it did the job. The dryer sheets, what few was left had a little bit of a smell but everything was some off brand shit. The person living here lived cheap for sure. After the dryer was running she pulled out her more organized first aid kit. She was going to try to patch up his leg as much as she could. When she was done she changed into some sweat shorts figuring she was going to get soaked trying to help him and that was better than being naked so she shook that thought.

When she walked in she was pulling her thick hair back into a messy ponytail/bun and it was so weird and funny to see him in the bubble bath. He had his head leaning back. She still smiled and eagerly dropped down to her knees being outside of the tub watching him. A part of her hoped the others didn’t just come up. Might seem weird she was helping him with a bath or that he was staying up here with her. Libby already had a small idea of why they were somewhat close.

Then without asking she bent over letting her hands softly run through his fur getting it wet with the hot soapy water. Going down his long legs and mid section. She didn’t dare touch anywhere private even though everything was covered. She used care doing it much like a parent would bathing a child.

She had a larger old amusement park cup and used that to get his head and ears wet. Then she started squeezing big handfuls of her shampoo and started lathering it into his fur. She bent over leaning over the tub to get his legs. The girl worked diligently up to his chest and arms. She was amazed his fur felt real...like an animals which was both creepy but felt nice. She stood up a little ruffling and lathering up his ears. You would think after fifteen minutes she would be tired but she was still going. She smiled down at him. She seemed happy for once as she was distracted and busy. Then she accidentally slipped and literally topped on over him into the tub breathing out but only fell into his soft soapy form.

She knew his leg was hurt and was panicking. “I’m so so sorry the floor is slippery....I didn’t mean to hurt you...shit” she was already soaked by now. Her clothes clinging to her. She was panicking badly and was trying to get off of him and get out.

William tracked the soft foot falls against cracked and faded tiles. When the sound stopped near the tub he cracked one eye open, curious. When she leaned over the tub he lifted his head, eyes opening and ears swiveling forward. Before he could say anything he felt hands on his fur. He stiffened while a myriad of emotions flooded him. A tiny amount of it was pleasure at feeling gentle hands caressing his long legs. Human touch was a sensation he missed horriblely. Sure Mike touched him at times but it was always brief and limited to a hand on the shoulder or slight brushing glance.

He forced himself to relax, ears folding down to protect the senstive appendages from the water. Her hands felt...nice. he leaned back against the tub, eyes closing while a faint smile formed while a low sound rumbled in his chest. Normally he'd protest some one washing him but it made Riley happy and he didn't mind really.

What happened next took him by surprise. All he had time to do was react, bringing one arm up to sheild his eyes from the wave of water. Fresh pain erupted in his leg and every time Riley failed about she accidentally hit it. Thinking quickly he pulled her in close, wrapping his arms around her.

It was nothing short of awkward and he felt heat rush to his face. "Whoa....easy...if you wanted a bath could you have at least waited until I got out?" He joked, smiling, brilliant green eyes gleaming with humor while he lightly brushed the hair out of her face. "You know most people take their clothes off before getting into the tub."

Riley heart felt like it might come straight out of her chest from how hard it was pounding but his strong arms pulled her down against him. Her body sinking into his soapy wet fur and getting more soaked. He made jokes about her being in the tub and she breathed out a little startled but giving a half laugh. She rolled her eyes but was trying to calm down and stayed pressed against him. She was positive she heard him purring earlier before she stupidly fell into the god damn tub on him. She finally settled and just kept there, honestly it felt nice being in the hot water against his soft wet fur. She didn’t care if she was soaked. She was really gonna have to work to throughly rinse all his fur off so he was clean. She imagined when he dried off he would be super soft. She was too tired to condition him down but maybe in the future she could.

She couldn’t believe she was in the tub with a huge rabbit like animatronic while trying to help him get cleaned up.

“Did you like my mom?” She randomly asked while laying against him. She let her right hand play in the bubbles over his fur.

"Yes. But as a friend. She was nice but...it was too soon after a messy divorce so it wouldn't have gone beyond that." He shrugged. "This was a long time ago, why bring it up?"

Whelp, they were both soaked now, might as well enjoy it.

Eyes half closed he relaxed despite the dull throb in his leg. He sank into the hot water, one hand lightly running through her damp hair. This certainly was the oddest situation he had ever gotten himself into though he oddly didn't mind. It felt very comforting to have Riley laying against his chest though he was sure the others with the exception of Mike might not understand. Instead of dwelling on the thoughts he closed his eyes, soaking up the wonderful heat from the water.

He really didn't want to get out any time soon.

“I just remember you being around a lot. Even at the house..I wouldn’t have cared. I was little...I just wanted you around. I didn’t know any better, I just loved you.” Riley said laying encased in the warmth of the hot bubbly water and his fur. She was still just laying and resting on him and would have just been too relaxed as she talked so nothing was filtered. She got deathly silent after saying that because she couldn’t take that back or say anything to dodge that. She was telling the truth, and she didn’t mean any harm by it. She did love him. She was a little girl, so that love was very pure and innocent but it was strong, strong enough to lure her back here into danger. When you spent half of your week at the restaurant being surrounded by his presence and then when he was at the house and that was just your ordinary life you got used to it until it all stopped and one day they were living here and the next, they were on the road with there car packed driving away for what she thought would be forever.

His ears flicked forward. Did he hear what he thought he did? Surprised he let the words sink in. He did feel something for her though he wasn't sure what it was and he was reluctant to admit it. For now at least. He wanted to make sure first.

Finally he shifted a bit. "I'm sorry I vanished like that. If it had been possible I would have found a way back though I don't think your mom would have been too delighted to see me." Not after pulling himself out of the hidden basement. He likely would have gotten shot. Several times.

Even now he wondered how she would react. He pushed the thoughts away, there was plenty of time to worry about such things.

After several long minutes he lowered his head, lightly pressing his warm furry lips agsinst her damp forehead in a chaste kiss. "You have me now. I'm not going anywhere."

Riley was laying flat against his front torso and after he kissed her, she turned her head and raised to gaze up at him. For whatever reason, he didn’t scare her. He was no longer really human and to others may be terrifying but with what she had seen in her nightmares he was a guardian compared. Then she realized she needed to finish getting him cleaned and get his leg patched up and then try to clean up herself so she could get some amount of sleep. She shifted her own weight and with his help just stood up in the tub; she bent over to drain the water. Then she pulled off the retractable shower head she had already tested and cleaned and turned on the shower controlling the water so it didn’t make a mess. Then just as she had lathered him all up and scrubbed through his thick soft fur she thoroughly worked at trying to rinse him off. He still sat down using his arms to keep her balanced over him. He would lean over so she could work her hand through his back and finished with his ears noticing he must have liked his ears scratched. After a good ten minutes he was squeaky clean and the water was mostly running off of him clear. She was going to help dry him off but he offered to bring in her duffle bag and give her some privacy so she could just go ahead and get cleaned up herself. She mentioned there should be a couple of towels or more in the dryer. Once he brought in her bag and sat down on some of the clean towels, he shut the door mostly, leaving it cracked and she stripped off all her clothes and rang them out throwing them over the unused shower bar.

It didn’t take her near as long to take a quick shower before turning it off and stepping out to dry off and change into some more comfortable clothing. She used her damp towel to soak up the puddles that did make it out. She would come out and see him drying off and a pile of towels and smiled, he must have seen all her first aid stuff. He would get to see her freshly clean and dressed right out of the shower and how her pale face was flushed from the hot water and her wavy towel dried hair falling down her shoulders, some sticking to her neck. She turned on another light, let it adjust, grabbed everything she needed and plopped down underneath him as he was sitting on a chair and started working on his leg. She cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and then sprayed it with a disinfecting bacterial foam. After getting bandages and ace wrap ready, she pulled out actual threading for stitches and carefully sewn the back together, then she went as far to cover it in antibiotic ointment and then taped it with gauze before wrapping that whole part of his leg in ace wrap before securing it. There was a bloody pile of gauze left that she started to gather to toss away.

“There’s some narcotics or over the counter crap if you want it for pain too…” She said setting out a few bottles for his choice as she put everything back in her duffle bag. She was still functioning but exhausted. There was a knock at the door and it was Libby who had a couple more bottles of water and food for her, she peeked in at William, she told Riley everyone was trying to settle down for the night.

William tied a towel around his midsection more out of a need for decency then anything while he sat on the edge of the bed, towel draped around his shoulders. A pile of damp towels were in one corner decorated with yellow gold hairs. His skin still tangled pleasantly from her touch, damp fur standing up in all directions.

He couldn't remember the last time he felt so clean. Admittedly he hadn't been taking good care of himself the past few months, avoiding any semblance of a bath due to a combination of depression and the haunting memories. But now he had something to focus on, something to care about. He looked up when she entered the room, eyes focusing on her, a faint smile on his lips.

He forced himself to remain still while Riley tended to the deep gash on his leg, drawing in a hissing breath when he felt the sharp sting of the alcohol. He sucked in a shallow breath when he saw the needle and stiffened, looking away and wincing every time the metal peirced his flesh though he didn't make a sound. He relaxed and slumped a bit once she finished.

"Pretty sure painkillers don't work on me any more." Which was going to really suck if he ever got badly hurt. "Its fine though, its more annoying than anything." He tired to reassure her.

He glanced towards the door, catching a glimpse of a one one. Libby was it? She seemed to be more accepting of him then the others which was a good thing in his mind. Once she left he got up and laid a gentle hand on Riley’s shoulder. "You look exhausted." He guided her to the bed only to pause when he heard heavy foot falls on the stairs.

Mike poked his head in to make sure everyone was covered before stepping in, dropping Williams military duffle near the door. "Looks like there was someone under all that dirt." Hr joked lamely.

"Guess all I needed was a good scrubbing."

Riley was exhausted, both mentally and physically. There was even this tired she couldn’t explain, it dug deeper but somehow she was still awake and listening to Mike tease William. He had brought up Will’s own bag. I guess the group had realized Riley was staying with the rabbit upstairs. She had to smile with her head down thinking of the movie Roger The Rabbit which actually used to be one of the movies she grew up with. She was also cold, even though she had taken a hot shower. Well warm, she had used what warm water was left after using a majority of it on William but he needed it. She was glad he was clean and his injury was taken care of. She looked at the bed. It wasn’t ideal, but it was something. She pulled out her phone mindlessly and decided to charge while they could since this place had running electricity. They would all be lucky as hell they were safeguarded within the building's thick brick walls from the outside world as it turned dark with the fog. She was somewhat worried about Libby herself but knew she had Josh and David and knew David even liked her so she would be okay down stairs. She got up and walked over grabbing her bag and pulled it over to the bed and dig for her charger plugging in her phone, though as before all those text messages were gone, which sucked because she would of it least wanted to keep the pictures of Will from before, especially when one was of him holding her as a little girl. She was rooting through her bag as the other two talked. She pulled out another pair of socks and layered up on the ones she already had and pulled out a jacket sweatshirt throwing it over her short-sleeve shirt.

William pulled a spare pair of pants out of the bag and pulled them on underneath the wet towel. He made a mental note to find more clothing some where. After pulling the towel off he tossed it into the pile laundry.

Leaning against the wall to take some of the weight off the injured leg while he talked to Mike. They needed to find a better map as well as scout around and find water, food and other supplies. Of course that meant running into the towns unpleasant citizens. He wasn't that worried about himself, he could easily take considerablely more damage then his human companions.

After several minutes Mike bid them good night and left. William closed the door the turned back to Riley, watching her for a moment. Spotting a closet he made his way to it and checked inside. Among the musty boxes there lay a large thick quilt. He grabbed it the returned to Riley, drapping it over her shoulders while pulling her close to his warm body. "Lets get you to bed before you collapse from exhaustion."

Back
Top Bottom