Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Requiem of Destruction (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

((Ditches Chika and Nana for a bit))

Children who once spent their whole day sleeping through their illness were now up and running after only a few minutes with Akihime, wide smiles on their faces. "Akihime-dono... this is amazing..!" Yukimura stood in awe just a few feet behind Akihime, eyes wide and mouth hanging open.

She would grow bored rather quickly and moved outside of the estate, moving among the gardens and meandering down pebble paths.

Akihime smiled brightly, "It's nothing special, Yukimura-sama! I'm just doing what I was born to do!" She chimed.

"Everything alright?" It was Kojurou, enjoying the early morning air, "Forgive me, if you have a name, I don't know it."

"If you need anything- if-if there's anything I can do to help you, please, just let me know." He laid his hand across his chest and bowed slightly to her, simply overjoyed that his people were healthy again.

Stopping, she blinked, looking at Kojurou for a minute before speaking. "Megohime. It's easier than calling me The Dragon's Claw. It's too long."

She made a noise as she moved to heal the next in line, "If I think of anything, I'll let you know. I will stay a bit longer to ensure the plague has been completely cured, is that ok?"

Kojurou bowed to her, "Do you require anything, Megohime-dono?"

He perked a bit before nodding. "Of course! We will house you as long as you need!" Yukimura nodded.

"I'm not your master, I'm a sword." A soft pink dusted her cheeks. "You don't need the honorific." She muttered, crossing her arms.

"Thank you, you're far too kind." She said gratefully, "Usually I'm only used for what is asked before I'm sent home, I'm not used to such kindness."

"You fight alongside Masamune-sama, I will give you the respect you deserve." He replied.

Amaya stood outside listening in on Yukimura and Akihime's conversation, a deep scowl on her face as the two talked. He spoke formally, but there was a bit of friendly familiarity to how he spoke to Akihime. She didn't like it one bit, it disgusted her and made her skin crawl.

"Your name is Kojurou, right?" She asked, looking up at him with her reptilian eyes, much like Masamune's own eye, only a deep red.

When Akihime finished healing the sick, Akihime prepared to cook everyone a fresh hot meal with food she had used her magic to cleanse of any disease. She made a hearty stew and fresh rolls, offering clean water as well.

He nodded, "Yes. Katakura Kojurou desu."

As Akihime cooked, Yukimura helped by serving the food; this only further bothered Amaya. She wanted Yukimura to not be in even the same vicinity as Akihime, but knew that'd never happen. She glanced up when she felt eyes on her, having felt them for quite some time. It had to be that Sarutobi man.

"What's Masamune like?" She asked. "And none of that he's perfect bull shit, whats he really like?"

Sasuke was watching both Amaya and Akihime from a distance, gold eyes holding distrust.
"Thank you so much for helping, Yukimura-sama.." Akihime smiled, "I appreciate it."

Kojurou rose an eyebrow, "I don't know where you would come up with the idea of me embellishing Masamune-sama's reputation. I assure you, perfect would be at the very bottom of the list of things that describe him."

Yukimura shook his head as he handed out a full bowl of stew, turning his head to look at Akihime. "It's the least I can do to give my thanks, Akihime-dono." He said with a soft smile.

Megohime seemed to find this answer satisfactory because she gave a slight nod and shifted her weight from foot to foot, then spoke again. "What kind of person is he?"

She smiled as she handed out the last of the food. "It does my heart good to help others. To see that I can make a difference." She said, looking to Yukimura, "I will cleanse the grain and harvest of the last of the plague so your people will still have food while I spend my time cleansing the farmland."

"If you want an honest answer, he's ill-tempered and self righteous at times. He can't control his anger for the life of him and nearly killed a guard once when he was in a foul mood. But more times than naught, he's doing what he can for the people of Oshuu; he listens when they come to him with needs that the villages have and does his best to meet them. He personally handles any attacks made and makes sure they never happen again. He's noble, but hot headed."

"Again, I cannot thank you enough Akihime-dono, you truly have saved this land and her people." Yukimura bowed once more, eating up every nice word Akihime put in front of him.

Megohime scratched her head just behind one of her horns. "Hot-headed, huh?" Something flashed in her eyes, the expression on her face was that of someone reminiscing. She made a face and turned to look at the garden. "I heard he has a kid, what about that?"

She only smiled, "You don't need to bow, Yukimura-sama. I'm merely a priestess," She told him gently.

"Hidemune-dono is currently in the care of Toyotomi Hideyoshi and Takenaka Hanbei." Kojurou answered, not missing a beat.

"Akihime-dono, you give yourself little credit, and if I do not show you even this courtesy, what honor do I have left?" He said.

Megohime blinked, her expression blank. "I don't know who those men are." She said flatly.

She had to bite back the sarcastic "Aaww~" that threatened to tear from her throat, "You have more honor than you give yourself credit, Yukimura-sama. You took the initiative to help your people by yourself until someone could come and give aid. Not bowing to me is so trivial compared to that."

"Understandable. No offense meant, Megohime-dono, but I didn't really expect you to keep with the times. Lord Hideyoshi rules over Osaka with his advisor, Takenaka Hanbei. The last I checked of Hidemune-dono, he was still with them." He explained

Yukimura felt his cheeks flush once more as Akihime's kind words touched his heart. "I can take over things from here if you'd like to move onto cleansing the crops? Or would you require my assistance with that?" He asked, wanting to help her in anyway he possibly could.

Megohime made a noise and shrugged her shoulders. "No offense taken, I didn't want to keep up with the times, that's why I was there."

She waved her hand, "Tend to your people, I need space to focus and properly purify everything. Thank you, however! I do so appreciate the generosity and hospitality."

He nodded, "Masamune-sama has no care for illegitimate children...but as his retainer, I have to keep note of all heirs; even those who aren't fit as head."

Yukimura nodded, heading off to assist anyone who needed help or might need help as Akihime did her own work.

((Time for Masa and Mego to adventure~?))

((Si! I shall begin!))

It had been at least a fortnight since Masamune had claimed the legendary Dragon's Claw, and he decided that he would test his strength and the power of the mythical blade by going on a journey. Kojurou had packed his provisions, Masamune requesting his retainer stay behind to keep an eye on everything. It had been a while since Masamune last left his home to hone his skills, and now seemed like a good time to keep himself from getting rusty.

Akihime had finally cured all the harvest and farmland of the mysterious plague that overtook Yukimura's land, and she seemed a little worse for wear since then. Her health had declined some, but she assured Yukimura that it was merely because she had used too much magic without proper preparation and that she would be fine in a number of days.

Megohime claimed to be neutral about the trip, but she was clearly excited about heading out, her body lightening charged as she waited for Masamune to finish up packing.

Yukimura insisted Akihime accompany him while her health was waning, keeping a personal eye on her in case her health might worsen. Back to his usual routine of training, he was focused intently as Akihime sat on the porch not to far away.

"Someone looks excited." Masamune commented, putting his bag over his shoulder, "Miss adventuring?"

Akihime sat and watched with a smile, "Your stance is so powerful, Yukimura-sama...do you fight in many battles?" She asked, her voice sounded strained and weak as well as tired.

Megohime stiffened when Masamune spoke, turning to look at him with flushed cheeks. "I'm just glad you finally got off your ass is all." She muttered, crossing her arms over her chest.

Yukimura stopped for a moment to look at her, a servant bringing Akihime a cup of tea to help her in her ailing health. "Only fought in a couple, but I've seen many. My master brought me to witness battles at a young age so I could further prepare myself... But actually fighting in one... it's so much different."

He rose an eyebrow, "If you were feeling so batty, you could have said so sooner~" He teased.

She thanked the servant and returned her attention to Yukimura, "Yes, observing and fighting are two very seperate things, aren't they...?" She noted, "I have only used my magic offensively once and it was when I was very young.."

Megohime's face flushed red and she scoffed, crossing her arms and turning away from him. "Lets just get moving already." She spat.

Yukimura scowled, only able to imagine what she had to go through. "I'm sorry." He said with a small frown, the thoughts making his stomach churn.

Back
Top Bottom