Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Requiem of Destruction (1x1 with DarkMudkip)

He nodded and looked around for something small to give her water in; every cup he owned may as well have been a bathtub for her. He grabbed a hollowed boar horn and filled it with water, carefully helping her drink.

"Arigatou, Yukimura-sama. Your hospitality is greatly appreciated." She said.

She drank the water like it was the best thing she had ever tasted, finishing every drop in the cup before laying back against the bed, eyes already drifting shut once again.

He bowed his head once more before closing the door and leaving her to herself.
The next morning, after Akihime had awoken, a woman knocked at her door, telling her that the bathhouse was ready for her to use and breakfast was cooking.

When the sunlight filtered through the curtains of Masamune's room, the sunlight fell into his eyes slowly waking him from his slumber. The next thing he would notice was there was someone sharing his bed, able to feel a presence beside him, and when he looked, a small figure slept under the blankets beside him.

Motochika sat with her all night, hoping she was alright. He had no idea if he found her in time to save her, he would feel awful if it was his fault a human died.

Akihime gathered a fresh change of clothes and headed off to bathe. "Ama-chan..." She called softly as she sat in the water, "How much of the village was infected?"

He turned and blinked his eye slowly, groaning softly before moving the blanket to see who exactly was in his bed.

Her fever would subside throughout the duration of the night, leaving her only with her broken and gouged leg.

"Roughly most of the village; an estimated seventy five percent." A slender woman stood in the far corner, long white hair cascading down her back. "Only a handful of people haven't contracted the disease."

A woman with long raven hair lay beside Masamune, her robes hanging off of her body and nearly exposing herself to him. She was still asleep, the thing was Masamune had no recollection of sleeping with a woman the night before. Then he noticed scales, lots of little dark red and black scales dotting her skin.

He placed a cold wet cloth over her forehead and frowned softly as he watched her sleep. He moved and made herbal tea for her to drink when she woke up, using a mix of wild jasmine and mint.

Akihime sloshed the water gently with her finger, "I see..." She muttered to herself, "It got a little carried away, didn't it...?"

He jumped slightly and fell out of bed with a thud, "What are you doing in my bed?!"

Just as the sun broke over the horizon, the human woman woke, opening her eyes and looking around for a moment before he eyes landed on the ogre beside her. "Where am I?" She asked calmly, still a bit groggy.

"Yes my lady." She gave a half nod, keeping her eyes downcast as Akihime bathed. "But fixing the problem shouldn't be an issue."

"You never gave me anywhere to sleep, and your bed has plenty of room." She rolled onto her side, pulling the blankets over her, not seeming bothered that she had scared Masamune out of his own bed.

"My home." His voice rumbled like thunder, but there was no hint of malice or discontent with her being there, "You were caught in one of my traps, so I brought you here to tend your wound."

"No, it should be an easy fix." She noted, "Thank you, Ama-chan. If you wish, you may have the day to yourself. I will call should I need you."

He got back in bed and huffed, "I didn't expect you to take this form again." He admitted.

She moved her head to look down at her leg, which had been carefully wrapped up and had a splint tied to it. She blinked before looking back up at the massive beast. "Thank you."

Amaya bowed deeply to Akihime. "Thank you, my lady, you are most kind." She said softly, then hesitated for a moment before leaving the bathhouse.

"Sorry if you don't like it, I figured it'd be dangerous to share a bed with someone as a sword." She said, eyes closed as she rested.

He nodded, "Are you hungry? I have some fish roasting. I made tea for you, as well, to help you relax."

Akihime finished her bath and dressed in her clean dress, which was a lilac colored gown with white embroidery around the hem. She braided her hair and left the bath house, heading to the dining hall for breakfast. She had a lot of work ahead of her today.

"It just caught me off guard." He grumbled, "It isn't a big deal anymore."

"Yes, please." She nodded. "My name is Nana... Might I ask yours?" She inquired, slowly sitting up to look at him better.

When Akihime arrived at the dining hall, it was rather empty, with only a few servants and Amaya waiting in the corner for Akihime.

"Oh?" He felt the bed shift as she rolled over to face him. "So you have no problem sharing a bed with a woman you aren't wed to?"

"Motochika." He answered before handing her the jasmine tea he had made for her, "I'm sorry about your leg, by the way..."

She made a soft noise, expecting a lot more people to be here by now. She shrugged and took a seat, waiting patiently for breakfast to be ready. She felt eyes on her, knowing one pair belonged to Amaya, but had a feeling the other belonged to the assassin that followed Yukimura. And she was right, Sasuke was sitting high in the beams, watching her very closely.

He shrugged, "Done it before. Kinda happens when you're next in line to rule the land."

The woman named Nana shook her head as she took the tea, drinking it slowly. "Should've been paying more attention, walked right into it."

Food was quickly brought to Akihime, a servant setting down a plate of hot food in front of her before hurrying off. Yukimura was nowhere to be seen, more than likely already at the village down the hill, having been shirking his training while they were sick.

"Oh? So you fancy common whores, or am I to believe high-blooded women throw themselves at you?" She asked.

"That spot is where the boar love to be. They haven't learned to leave yet." He said and moved to check on the roasting fish, which happened to be a rather large shark.

Akihime ate quietly, ignoring Sasuke as she thought of how to go about the healing. Maybe Yukimura could gather the sick in one area to make things easier, she wouldn't have to walk around everywhere if everyone was in one spot.

"Whores and a couple noblewomen," he answered, "all wanting to mother a bastard."

Nana watched this Motochika with curiousity, remaining in her spot on the bed. "Why live out here? I know of plently of ogre who make a living selling meats and furs in the cities."

Amaya didn't like that Sasuke had kept his eyes on Akihime for so long, fists clenched and and narrowed eyes trained on Sasuke.

"And did you father any children?" She asked, blinking curiously up at him, red eyes glued to his face.

"I like to live quietly." He answered, "The city life ain't fer me. But I do stumble upon hunters now and again willing to trade." He cut off some meat and set it on a plank of sanded wood before moving to hand it to her.

Sasuke turned his attention to the newcomer and glared lightly. He got the same feeling from her as he did Akihime. Who were these two?
Akihime finished eating and stood, heading out of the estate to treat the sick.

He made a face, "One." He answered, "A son. I don't know where he is, but I'm sure he'll show up sometime and demand my seat at the head, claiming it's his birthright." He rolled his eye and shook his head, "Not gonna happen."

Nana took the plate and muttered a thank you, picking up the meat with her bare hands and taking a bite from it. "I know how you feel, the city often makes me feel stuffy." She said after chewing and swallowing her food.

Amaya followed after Akihime, but kept her eyes locked with Sasuke until he was out of sight. "Lady Akihime... That man seems to be keeping close tabs on you.." She warned. "Do you want me to do anything?"

"If you're so worried, why'd you have the kid?" She asked. "You should've just killed him, rid yourself of one more problem."

He cut off a rather large slab for himself and ate politely, unlike the other ogres who would rather slam it into their faces. "I like bein' close to the sea. I could walk there in a day and the fishermen are always willing to lend a hand with the catch. I think they like havin' me around cuz I eat the sharks, however..."

"Not for now. We'll see what happens. I trust you will protect me as you always have." She said, smiling softly, "I think he's doing this as a precaution. His Lord is very trusting."

"Cuz he was just a baby." He said softly, "I made them both leave. She said she only had him so she could have a seat of power. And I don't believe in killing an innocent."

"However?" She echoed, continuing to eat her share of the meal as though it were a completely normal thing to do, and for her, it was.

"Stupid is what he is.." Amaya muttered, following close behind Akihime down the path toward the village.

She stared at him quietly for a moment, her expression unreadable before she sat up suddenly and stood up from the bed. "What do you plan to do with my power?"

"They're a little scared of me still, I suppose." He continued, "I'm the only ogre I know of that enjoys the salty sea air. And there are some of my kin that would no sooner eat a human than help one."

"Just naïve." Akihime corrected, "Please be kind to our host, Ama-chan."

He blinked slowly, "Rule over my land and defend it. To be honest with you, you're only with me cuz it's my destiny."

Nana made a soft noise, taking another bite of shark. "But many of those in the Ogre clan have proven themselves." She pointed out.

"Of course, forgive me, Akihime-sama." She bowed her head and continued in silence.
Yukimura was, as expected, down at the village with those who needed help the most. Even those who weren't sick.

"Your destiny?" She muttered, then turned to face him. "So you'll just be sitting here on your ass, ruling from behind your walls?"

He nodded, "Aye, they have. But there are few who do not think the way I and my brothers do." He finished his shark and made a noise, "Would you like more?"

She turned and gently placed her hand on Amaya's cheek, a small sign of affection she used to show she had forgiven her companion. When she met up with Yukimura, she didn't bother putting the cloth over her mouth, "Is this everyone, Yukimura-sama?"

He scowled softly, "No. I plan to be out there with my people when they call on me. That's the type of ruler I want and will be."

She shook her head and held up her hand to show she would decline his offer for more, a soft frown on his face. "To be blunt, you're rather odd, Motochika-san- eh, Kent nicely of course." She followed up with a soft smile.

Yukimura had gathered all of the sick into one of the larger buildings like Akihime had requested. "This is everyone." He nodded. "Will you need any assistance?"

She turned so her back was facing him again, making a soft noise. "I suppose that's a good or answer as any." She muttered, then moved to the door and saw herself out, closing it behind her and heading off to explore a bit, wanting to see her knew home.

"Odd?" He asked, be he didn't sound insulted, "Odd how?"

Akihime shook her head, "I should be alright, thank you." She replied before requesting everyone gather into an orderly line - single file - so she could heal all of them in a timely manner. She placed her fingers against their foreheads and a gentle golden glow emitted from her fingertips, her eyes closed as she focused.

Masamune watched her leave and made a noise, staying in bed a bit longer before deciding to get up.

"Well, many ogres don't enjoy rivers or lakes, let alone the ocean.." She looked down at her plate. "I don't know really, you're odd- interesting. I like it." She said.

Yukimura watched from a good distance as Akihime worked, heart beating madly and his fists clenched as he prayed she could heal his people, eyes glued to her in anticipation.

The Dragons Claw wondered around the estate with no particular destination in mind, simply wanting to see the entire house and to momentarily entertain herself.

He chuckled softly to himself, "Well, thank ye, Nana. That was very kind."

The color returned to the people's cheeks and skin, vigor restored to their bodies. An elderly woman wept with joy and thanked Akihime for easing her relentless pain. Akihime merely smiled and said that when she was done, she would be offering clean food and drink for them so they were not to leave the area.

There were maids and servants wandering about doing their jobs, stopping briefly to gaze at the oddly beautiful newcomer. They had never seen her before, and wondered where she came from or how she even got in.

Back
Top Bottom