Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Ex Machina... I still don't know what to think about this movie... Is good but weird and creepy in so many levels...

Paprika

An amazing anime movie about scientists who are working on a machine to research dreams. Something goes wrong when it gets stolen and the lines between the dream world and reality get blurred...

The Revenant,

Very simple plot, but excellent execution. Leo was great in this one, and I loved the shooting & camera tricks with the animals.

Forbidden Fruit said:
The Revenant,

Very simple plot, but excellent execution. Leo was great in this one, and I loved the shooting & camera tricks with the animals.

Critics are expecting he'll finally get an Oscar for this one, especially after eating raw bison liver! Yum!

I finally watched the Life of Pi movie. Visuals were absolutely stunning.

Star Wars.

It was okay.

It was exactly what I expected it to be: visually pretty and pandering to fans. Abrams did everything he could to avoid the backlash of the prequels, to distance it from them.

I'm speaking about the production of the film. How it was filmed, how the plot unfolded. Stylistically it was as different as it could be. None of the fights were too elaborate. There was no political mumbo jumbo. There wasn't a peep about midichlorians. They did everything they could to mimic the first Star Wars, while avoiding it being a complete copy. They couldn't outright ignore the prequel films happened, but they can make a film that was as far as from how they were written and shot.

Just watched Iron Man 3.

It's a decent flick, but the distinct lack of rock music in it made me uncomfortable. The othere two movies had it so prominently, that it made it feel kind of like I was watching a made for tv rip off. Again, it as good. Just not so get od as it could have been.

Constantine. It was garbage. The live action Spawn movie from the 90s was better than that. And it was nothing but idiocy and some bad acting. I would have better spent my time counting the grains of sand in an egg timer.

Dirty Granpa (3/5): It was okay. De Niro and Aubrey Plaza were good in this one. It seemed like a college-party movie to me so I wasn't expecting much out of it.

Ride Along 2 (4/5): This one cracked me up too much. Kevin Hart and Ice Cube are just too perfect as a duo. I don't get the bad reviews >,>

I'm really considering watching The Forest. I like Natalie Dormer (duh) but I'm not really into horror.. we'll see.

The newest adaption of Macbeth, with Fassbender and Cotillard. Stunningly photographed and extremely atmospheric. A traditional rendering filmed on location on Scotland's bogs and heaths; you could almost smell the muddy heather. Had a very interesting reinvention of the Birnam Wood scene. Definitely recommended.

Back
Top Bottom