Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

I've watched a lot of movies recently;

The Martian
4.5/5
I usually dislike space-themed movies. Yup, this is why I've never watched Interstellar, Starwars or StarTrek. I decided to give this one a shot and I must say I loved it. The survival feel, the science, and the acting was wonderful. I'm already thinking of buying the book.

Hunger Games: The Mockingjay Part 2
2.5/5
I always hate it when movies come in parts. When you watch the first part, the ending is usually unsatisfying. When you watch the last part, it is usually hard to piece things together unless if you watch them back to back. This is why I feel Mockingjay should have been a TV series like Game of Thrones or at least the two Mockingjay movies should have been one movie.

The story was okay but it had that feeling of making you think it is the end of the story before it is continued further. Some parts of the movie didn't make much sense, but the acting was superb and the story had some elements that reflect real life politics nicely. I think I had fun more than everyone else because I only cared about Natalie Dormer's badass character and rooted for her not to die. So every time there was a fight scene, I was on my toes while the rest were yawning because they knew Katniss was going to survive.

Mission Impossible V: Rogue Nation
4/5
I saw the movie with mixed expectations. Someone told me it wasn't so good, while someone else told me it was great. I actually enjoyed it. The fighting wasn't much, but it wasn't disappointing. Simon Pegg is lethally awesome as usual. The story was great and the ending was satisfying. Many scenes of the movie were memorable. I think this is better than the previous MI movie even.

Fantastic Four (2015)
1/5
Yep, I went to see the movie with expectations that it was bad judging by the reviews but being a F4 fan I felt compelled to see it. It was absolutely terrible. They *wasted* so much time on how the four friends met and how they made their device, and that left so little time for the actual twist and fight with Dr. Doom. There was no twist, actually. They just show you how they were friends before the accident, how they made their device, how they changed, and then how they beat Dr. Doom. They don't build Dr. Doom as a villain well enough for you to hate him. They show him as an overpowered super saiyan for a second, then he suddenly gets his ass kicked because the four heroes held hands and said grace. Its stupid. I wanted to see them plotting a way to fight him. Fail in some parts of the plot, then improve somehow wittily and win.

PIXELS
3/5
Many people were hating on this one. I really don't see why, I loved it. It was an honest improvement from Sandler's recent 'fart-jokes' movies. This one was funny, had a lovely idea and was overall enjoyable. I'll admit the idea was so awesome and that it had so much potential that the final product just pales in comparison, but I think the movie wasn't terrible. There were some weird moments here and there (My theory is that they were looking to get that 80s feel) but overall I enjoyed it and it gave me a good laugh. Peter Dinklage, Sean Bean and Kevin James were great in this one I thought.

The Maze Runner 2
3/5
Just like The Mockingjay, I thought this movie just pushes the ending you keep sensing. The acting was superb though, and the story was interesting. I had loved the first one to pieces and was therefor excited for this one. I just wish some parts of the story were done differently. This one also seems like something better suited to a TV series than a movie IMHO. It just changes pace so fast for a movie. Nice movie though.

Next on my list:
* Starwars, might actually watch all of them because watching the latest one first might ruin it for me.
* Spectre. Yup, I still haven't watched it. Yes, I still do want to.
* Terminator 4, same as above.

Watched Avengers:Age of Ultron. Pretty brillianr mix of action and adrenaline with crumbs of funnt jokes/scenes.

Elevator. I already have a fear of those. So why not watch a movie about people trapped in one with a lady wh has a bomb?

I watched another one. I think the name of it was The Ward. Mind blown at the end of it. It was a wtf moment for certain.

Gotta love Netflix.

Got an advance viewing of Tarantino's latest opus, The Hateful Eight. Very definitely one of his movies; lots of verbose speeches and colorful characters. A claustrophobic film set almost entirely in a snowbound Wyoming cabin, with a long tense buildup leading to the inevitable bloody slaughter. Not one of his best films, but also not one of his worst.

Watched The Book of Life.
Wasn't sure about it. Took the entire movie for the wooden puppet thing to grow on me.
I really liked the bullfight scene with the rad rendition of Ecstasy of Gold playing.

Unfortunately the coolest, most aesthetical part of it (the whole Day of the Dead skeleton underworld bits) play a rather minor portion of the story, which was too bad.
Also, the turnout was cliché as all hell (early established love triangle where the gods bet on which boy the girl will choose... I'd have loved to see it be "neither" (or both, but this is a kid's flick), but she does choose one and it's pretty obvious how EVERYTHING will turn out from the beginning).

Oh, and Ice Cube as some heavenly figure for some reason. Really.

Last I saw in theatres was, ohhh, Spectre? Which, incidentally, has is opening sequence take place during a Day of the Dead festival! Not the best Daniel Craig Bond film, but still better than Quantum of Solace. I almost can't believe I was bored watching Christoph Waltz in a movie (not like it was his acting that was the problem or anything).

Interstellar

Thanks for reccing this one to me kaigen! You know me well, lol! This movie was just absolutely AMAZING! If you love physics, relativity, survival themes...this one is for you. The story was just phenomenal and the character development absolutely astounding. I haven't been this entranced by a such a thought provoking film in a while. Just fantastic!!

10/10

It was almost 3 hours and it felt short!!!!! LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom