Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

Double feature last night! From my collection:

The Beastmaster was first. Still a classic, despite hitting all the cliche points. Of course, they were just starting to be cliche when the movie came out, so you can't blame it for that.

Slither came next. I loves me some Nathan Filion, and this was a horror movie with lots of fun comedy, which really is how I prefer my comedy. I love this movie, all alien-invasion-vampire-mind-control-romantic-comedy that it is. Was highly underrated at the time, really deserves recognition.

I saw "How to train your dragon" Yesterday. OMG! SO FLIPPIN CUTE! I'm a sucker for CG and it was way better then I thought it would be.

Had time for a triple feature yesterday! Unheard of!

Started off with some 28 Days Later for some ZIABN (zombies in all but name) action. I've occasionally shared my belief that, if you take the dynamic of what happens and don't dwell on the "dead" part, you get the same paranoia, multiplication, and friends-becoming-enemies dynamic with Romero zombies, Rage infected, alien body-doubles (of various vintages), even the Borg. Still fairly gripping.

Next, slowed it down a bit with Gigantic (A Tale Of Two Johns), which is a documentary about They Might Be Giants, and I love them. Very good.

Finally, to close out the night, I went old-school with Silverado. Reasonably standard and straightforward as far as Westerns go, but such a good example of the genre. And it's fun to see Kevin Costner before he got all arty and ACTOR!y. Or attempted to do so.

Myra Midnight said:
Phobia2

Asian horror movies are the best <3

Why, yes they are. XD

Err, the last movie I saw was The Dark Knight w/ Christain Bale and Heath Ledger. God I loved him as the Joker. I would have loved to see him play that in another BM movie.

And the movie after that was, Army of Darkness...such a weirdo movie.

It's just been a movie week so far!

Mystery Science Theater 3000 did a treatment of The Gunslinger which I have on DVD, so I watched that. Beverly Garland was hot back in the day! Also, as a Western, it could be worse. It's so much better than The Terror of Tiny Town.

Ghost World was the breakout movie for Thora Birch and Scarlett Johansson. A bit amusing, but the more I see it, the more I see the innate sadness and awkwardness of Enid's whole existence. Still quite good.

Saw "How to train you Dragon" this past Saturday. I recommend it highly...especially IMAX 3D. I FUCKING WANT A GIANT FLYING KITTY NOW!

Saw Brothers on Sunday. Really good. Can't get over how much the two do look like brothers.

The Haunting in Connecticut.

I've seen the actual Documentary for that, so I wasn't too pleased with how Hollywood did, but whatever.
For it being a horror flick, it wasn't at all scary. I'm really jonsing for a movie that can actually give me nightmares.

I was disappointed.
D:

Nekrosilisk88 said:
H a r r i e t said:
Nekrosilisk88 said:
Just watched "Ninja Assassin" with Midnight. Fucking kick ass wire-fu type movie.

Hawt azn is hawt.

dude screw that it's Ninjas, blood, ninja's slaughtering things in a mass bloodbath, hot babes, oh and did i mention the NINJAS!

Obviouslyyyyy~
But him being motherfucking sexy really helps. >]

Speed

Torturing myself I guess. I severely dislike Keanu Reeves. The performances of Sandra Bullock and Dennis Hopper could not save this one--the wooden actor Reeves weighs everything down with his "reading-aloud" voice for every line including yelling and the dulled facial expressions. And it's not just Keanu's fault either--the way they wrote the character or something; chewing gum stoically while rescuing people from an elevator; having to be told about an obvious door in the floor of the bus right under his feet while he's already crouched down and looking around at that level; calling one of the passengers "Gigantor" because he doesn't know his name, etc. And please, don't get me started on all the "oh noes!" moments every minute of the movie. "The road isn't finished!" "The tracks aren't finished!" "There's ANOTHER fucking bomb!" I do it to myself, really... =/

Problem is, Padan, you do it to yourself, but you dislike it. You're not a cinemasochist yet.

Netflix came yesterday, so I got to see a couple of good ones.

Spiderman 2 was something I'd missed up until now. I enjoyed the first, and I enjoyed this, too, with the always-good Alfred Molina as Doc Ock. He was a bit more cerebral, sold the whole "psychotic against his will" better than average. Just good marks all around. Plus, I'm a sucker for even obviously manipulative moments like when the riders of the subway train keep the unconscious Spidey from falling, and how they take care of him after that. Just makes me get a little choked up is all...

Simon, King of the Witches was a 1971 odd supernatural piece about a warlock who uses ritual and sympathetic magic to get what he wants. He mostly just does his own thing, but making a new friend in jail somewhat compels him to step outside of his normal routine, and the movie is about the various things that happen as a result. He's not an evil guy, but he isn't precisely good, either, and at one point he does take steps no "hero" ought to, but then this was the '70s; they did antiheroes and psycadelia all over the place.

Dune

Um...what the hell? No, for real. I'm like going into it thinking "neat, scifi story" and I get a trippy, poorly done, mess. I'm fine with how old it is and yadda-yadda, but right from the beginning, I'm barely hanging on and grasping the "story". Feels like there was so much more, but they rushed it. Like, half of it was a preview for the REAL, LONGER movie or something. The ending had me confused and NOT feeling triumphant or rooting for anybody--and that last duel or whatever was very unstimulating. A few things I DID like about it was the acting was good from what I could gather(Max von Sydow for the win!), and the whole blue eyes thing was neat. The way they battled with those gun things was fricking sweet, too. I wouldn't recommend it though. Not unless you've read the book--I feel that the film did not transfer the story well enough and that I need a better background to understand the intricacies and details of the plot.

The Men Who Stare at Goats

It was all kinds off silly, some parts were a little boring but others made me chuckle. One part in particular made me bust out laughing though xD

all-in-all it was an okay movies, not to mention George Clooney is one of my favorite actors of all time.

Back
Top Bottom