Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Last Movie You Saw...

In theaters? My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3. I was really looking forward to this for a long time and was happy to watch through it, but a lot of things from the previous two movies were missing. Also, big plot hole that doesn't make sense with the daughter.

On Netflix, maybe the last movie I saw was Persuasion (the one with Dakota Johnson).

Felix the Cat: The Movie (1988). Memories of this movie randomly came to me last night and I watched it and the animation is straight nightmare fuel, what the hell.

Mother!

It was pretty fucked up, dude.

(actually, I've got more):

Hell House LLC : Lake of Fire

It was really stupid.

Terrifier 2

The first one was better.

Five Nights At Freddy's. First game came out when I was starting junior-high. Didn't get the hype then, and after the second game I gave up on trying to get it and never touched the franchise again. Mainly went because my partner wanted to see it.

Let's just say that the movie didn't change my opinion of the franchise or rekindle my interest. Best and most entertaining part to me was when the animatronics and the main human characters were just having a jolly good wholesome time.. Other than that it was pretty standard jumpscare-fest for me.

Also never heard people clapping or cheering as much in movie as I did in this. Thanks to my partners lore-dump I sort of knew why, and got the MatPat-cameo as well, so if you are a fan of the franchise you most likely will get what you want from the movie. It was just not for me.

Last edited:
Five Nights At Freddy's. First game came out when I was starting junior-high. Didn't get the hype then, and after the second game I gave up on trying to get it and never touched the franchise again. Mainly went because my partner wanted to see it.

Let's just say that the movie didn't change my opinion of the franchise or rekindle my interest. Best and most entertaining part to me was when the animatronics and the main human characters were just having a jolly good wholesome time.. Other than that it was pretty standard jumpscare-fest for me.

Also never heard people clapping or cheering as much in movie as I did in this. Thanks to my partners lore-dump I sort of knew why, and the MatPat-cameo as well, so if you are a fan of the franchise you most likely will get what you want from the movie. It was just not for me.

I just got back from the film, and I'm speaking as someone who DID play all the games back in high school and stuff. Definitely not very lore accurate, and it would also be really confusing to someone who never played the games I imagine. A lot of plot holes that are never explained at all, my biggest gripe is just how unexplained everything is in general and the main climax felt super rushed.

Like the part where the animatronics don't attack Abbe and Mike in the initial meeting scene
-- from a lore perspective, I get it, but from a movie standpoint, that part would make no sense really without any of the proper context given or even HINTED.

I didn't dislike it as a fan, I'm glad it exists, it's definitely not perfect though. I wouldn't recommend watching it unless you're a fan or grew up with the series like I did.

Saw Killers of the Flower Moon last week, it was pretty good. Long as hell though, 3h30m

I saw The Creator a few weeks ago and it was giving me huge Stray vibes! Overall, I thought it was pretty good.

Birdemic.

This movie is fucking awful. Not even funny awful like Troll 2. It's just bad. It commits the worst sin a bad movie can do which is be boring. Of the bad horror movies I watched this weekend as part of my bad movies before halloween ritual over the years, this is the worst.

Rerwatched the original Nightmare on Elm Street for the... 30th time or so. Still my favorite slasher that holds up fairly well even to this date.

Also rewatched the first Scream, so Wes Craven was the name of the game this Halloween for me and my SO. It's also a great flick and one of my favorite 90's slashers.

Five Nights at Freddy’s. It was…ok, at best. I can see kids liking it and the animatronics looked great, but…wow did the movie miss the mark in a lot of ways.

Like, did we need to know so much about Mike Schmidt? It spends so much time on him and so little time on the animatronics and the actual lore of the series that it feels like it’s focusing on the wrong things.

Hopefully if it gets a sequel - which it probably will given the money it’s making - they can course correct and actually focus on what made the series so intriguing in the first place.

John Wick 4

I really enjoyed the other movies, but this one for me was... Meh. It mostly felt like one long fight sequence with very little story or substance.

I will say that I am not a huge movie person. I find it very difficult to sit through, especially longer ones... It has to really grab my attention and keep my brain stimulated in order for me to actually enjoy the experience. So, that could have been the issue.

I've seen this game on other sites and since I'm really into movies, I like to see what other people are watching these days. So, I thought I'd start this here. Post the last movie you saw, whether it's an old one or a new one, watched in the theater or at home--whatever. Add a little thumbs up or thumbs down, tell us what you thought, or don't if you don't feel like it. =)

Three Musketeers

Thumbs down. The crap I use to like when I was younger, made watching this again nostalgic. But other than that it was just crap.
Last movie I saw was what my roommate was watching. Which I believe was called “crank”? What a strange and interesting movie that was, if you’ve seen it.

Back
Top Bottom