Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder (CLOSED)

kckolbe

Banned
Banished
I am currently setting up a pathfinder game running the Crimson Throne Adventure Path. Due to a couple of drops, we find ourselves with only three players (and me), and, to be a touch coarse, a lack of women interested in men.

This is not a smut heavy game, but I have found that group games on adult sites run a little more smoothly when everyone feels that smut has more potential to happen. Below is the original post. Please PM me or post here if you are interested. I do not care about the gender of the player, just the character.

Hello folks. I am interested in running the Crimson Throne adventure path. I am looking for a small group of active participants for this. As with all my games, I enjoy seeing a lot of discussion regarding characters and how they know each other, feel about each other, etc. I don't require class "roles" to be filled, but I don't want people designing chars without trying to consider what works with the other chars being worked on.

If interested, let me know what kind of campaigns you enjoy, any preferences regarding character types (not mechanical), posting frequency/length, and anything else you want to include.

RE: Pathfinder - Crimson Throne

Gromnar said:
I took that part of the ideal elves from the description of Calistria's herald herself. When she's in elf form, she looks like an idealized elf, and I thought it would fit her descendants.

Maybe they only look like idealized elves, but lacking the dangers elves have lived with, they lack the natural coordination and reaction speed elves have had to evolve.

As for bonus languages: Elven, Celestial, Draconic, Sylvan, Gnome, Dwarven, Halfling. I took the elf and aasimar lists, used everything that was on both, then chose the two remaining "civilized" races.

I like that idea dancrilis. I might modify it with that.

:)

Good evening everyone, and well met again, G.W.

I was looking at a war priest of calstria, then I caught something in the advanced race guide--gliding wings--and thought of a castle that rose above the clouds to remmove a curse...

:)

Good evening everyone, and well met again, G.W.

I was looking at a war priest of calstria, then I caught something in the advanced race guide--gliding wings--and thought of a castle that rose above the clouds to remmove a curse...

It feels like you've got something else to add to that Tenshi. Though I do like the warpriest idea. Perhaps our PCs can know each other.

He is working on a gargoyle custom race, but I don't think he'll be able to do it with 10 pts.

So here is what I have for a race, which given that it seems everyone else is playing a caster I went for something martial.

Dretkag a race of half-orc, half-dark fey creatures. Many millenia ago several Orc tribes and kingdoms were laid waste by dark fey creatures who enslaved and bred with the inferior creatures. In time the Orcs fought back and stopped the invading tide but it wasn't until Elf and Gnolls separately and in seperate decades pushed into and defeated the dark fey that the Dretkag, Unclean Filth were in a way set free.

The Dretkag have fought hard, learning to endure the strengths of others and now roam as nomadic tribes, doing trade when they can. They have developed a prideful race that still sees itself victimized by other Orcs, no Fey will acknowledge that any of their kind could ever have done such a thing as conquer and bed Orcs and their cultural need to tattoo their stories in their pictographic way upon their body keeps many others at arms length.

0 Humanoid (Half-Orc: Feyborn Orc)
0 Medium Size
0 Normal Speed
1 Specialized +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int - Tough, Strong, used to manual labor, running long distances, dealing with adversity. It doesn't allow for a lot of time to study or even read a book.
0 Standard Language - I was thinking Orc and Common with then 7 languages for the GM to decide but those first two could be something else.
2 Static Bonus Feat: Jackal Heritage - I find this flavorful, perhaps the Fey were Jackal like.
3 Hardy
1 Sprinter
1 Lowlight Vision - From their Fey half they lack the Darkvision usually found in Orcs.
2 Sacred Tattoo (Lucky) - Magical heritage plus a life of suck tends to make one more resistant.

Question is this is similar in a way to playing a Half-Orc and taking Lowlight vision which is treated as a Feyborn trait which is where I got the whole idea, but if I wanted to make it feel more Fey like I am almost thinking +2 Dex instead of Str and perhaps losing Sprinter and either Sacred Tattoo or Static Bonus Feat for Fleet-Footed.

I think a gargoyle custom race would be doable depending on what was wanted.
My possible take on one:
Type: Humanoid (0 RP)
Size: Medium (0 RP)
Speed: Normal Speed (0 RP)
Attributes: Weakness (–1 RP) (+2 Con, +2 Wis, -4 Cha)
Language: Standard (0 RP)
Traits: Natural Armor (2 RP)
Claws (2 RP)
Camouflage (1 RP)
Darkvision 60 Feet (2 RP)
Stalker (1 RP)
Gliding Wings (3 RP)

This would give them the skin of one and the appearance with skills to avoid notice in towns (if the Camouflage was urban).
But it really depends on how a gargoyle is envisioned.

Anyway happy to work out ideas with a war priest of calstria knowing my character or with an Ambrosial elf, if ye (or anyone else) has any ideas.

Jagd said:
So here is what I have for a race, which given that it seems everyone else is playing a caster I went for something martial.

Dretkag a race of half-orc, half-dark fey creatures. Many millenia ago several Orc tribes and kingdoms were laid waste by dark fey creatures who enslaved and bred with the inferior creatures. In time the Orcs fought back and stopped the invading tide but it wasn't until Elf and Gnolls separately and in seperate decades pushed into and defeated the dark fey that the Dretkag, Unclean Filth were in a way set free.

The Dretkag have fought hard, learning to endure the strengths of others and now roam as nomadic tribes, doing trade when they can. They have developed a prideful race that still sees itself victimized by other Orcs, no Fey will acknowledge that any of their kind could ever have done such a thing as conquer and bed Orcs and their cultural need to tattoo their stories in their pictographic way upon their body keeps many others at arms length.

0 Humanoid (Half-Orc: Feyborn Orc)
0 Medium Size
0 Normal Speed
1 Specialized +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int - Tough, Strong, used to manual labor, running long distances, dealing with adversity. It doesn't allow for a lot of time to study or even read a book.
0 Standard Language - I was thinking Orc and Common with then 7 languages for the GM to decide but those first two could be something else.
2 Static Bonus Feat: Jackal Heritage - I find this flavorful, perhaps the Fey were Jackal like.
3 Hardy
1 Sprinter
1 Lowlight Vision - From their Fey half they lack the Darkvision usually found in Orcs.
2 Sacred Tattoo (Lucky) - Magical heritage plus a life of suck tends to make one more resistant.

Question is this is similar in a way to playing a Half-Orc and taking Lowlight vision which is treated as a Feyborn trait which is where I got the whole idea, but if I wanted to make it feel more Fey like I am almost thinking +2 Dex instead of Str and perhaps losing Sprinter and either Sacred Tattoo or Static Bonus Feat for Fleet-Footed.

Are you wanting the fey aspect or just wanting to explain the low-light? Because an orc subtype that survived some magical equivalent of a "nuke" might look very much like the race you described, especially with the resistance to spells.

kckolbe said:
Are you wanting the fey aspect or just wanting to explain the low-light? Because an orc subtype that survived some magical equivalent of a "nuke" might look very much like the race you described, especially with the resistance to spells.
The fey aspect for me is partly explaining the low-light as well as story, but I am fine with removing the fey part and I could just classify them as Orc then.

Works for me. I will get back to you on languages. In the meantime, would like to hear more about the concept.

EDIT: Orc, Elven, Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, Undercommon

Concept character wise or racially?

Character wise I'm thinking good old Barbarian. Just a meaty wall/beat stick for all these casters to hide behind. That's the rules side of things. Personality he comes from a nomadic people, he's a transplant who has found lucrative odd jobs which allows him to send some money back to his clan. As a little first/second level characters he has no big plans. Right now its make enough to eat, drink, send money home, get some better armor and find the guy who keeps shouting racist slurs at him in the pub, not in the pub and make him regret opening his mouth. You know, the usual.

I think he's done work as muscle for dancrilis' family for when someone doesn't pay up or they stole something a client wants but now the thief is asking for more money. I don't think he's in their constant employ but they've picked him up standing at the corner of the local Hovel Depot to do some day work for them.

I need to figure out where he stands religiously, though he probably has Orc-y gods he prays to and then some local god he goes to honor as a way to ingratiate himself with the locals and not be seen as just some heathen from the outlands.

Need to learn more about other characters to see where he would fit with them.

Racially, I am sticking to Human, though more specifically I would like to play a Shoanti, or a Shoanti/Varisian mixed human.

I am thinking either a rogue or a witch will suit my needs, though I'm not 100% on an archetype just yet, and I am subject to change based on trying to make dynamics work well with other characters. I imagine my character as very certain of herself, proud, and determined. She is strong-willed and not easily broken. She's willing to take charge of situations by use of her cleverness and deftness. This extends to her sexuality, where she is not easily shamed or humiliated, but revels in her personal power. She would be wronged by an addiction to Shiver, something that wavered her strength of character and charm, something she holds against that wretched gangster who got her addicted and violated her dreamtime, something she spiritually holds sacred.

Gentle, would you consider our characters knowing each other from mine being in or about to cause (intentionally or not) a bar fight and your character stepped in and diffused the situation as a way they know each other?

Another option is my character came across yours while she was detoxing and helped her out for a few days. I know that could feel weird since then one PC would have known her when she wasn't strong and in control but who's going to listen to an Orc barbarian anyways.

Jagd said:
Gentle, would you consider our characters knowing each other from mine being in or about to cause (intentionally or not) a bar fight and your character stepped in and diffused the situation as a way they know each other?

Another option is my character came across yours while she was detoxing and helped her out for a few days. I know that could feel weird since then one PC would have known her when she wasn't strong and in control but who's going to listen to an Orc barbarian anyways.

Honestly I think the second option would make for a strong character bond, I really like it actually! I think it would give her depth to have been witnessed in a weaker state by another member of the group actually, she would have a lot of gratitude and a sense of allegiance to your character, either unspoken or actively expressed. That can help me shape my character a bit as well.

gentle witchery said:
Honestly I think the second option would make for a strong character bond, I really like it actually! I think it would give her depth to have been witnessed in a weaker state by another member of the group actually, she would have a lot of gratitude and a sense of allegiance to your character, either unspoken or actively expressed. That can help me shape my character a bit as well.

Great! I imagine my character doesn't speak of it much and it makes someone in the party he'd be kind of protective of, though treads carefully because he knows it is important to her that she is strong on her own. He's that guy who is tense, ready to jump up and throw down for her when she's starting to get in trouble or is in trouble but is holding himself back because she's got this and it is important to both of them that she does handle it herself.

Just a heads up, the story won't be starting with the whole vengeance against Lamm. If you end up dealing with him, it will likely just be business. Also, campaign traits are not required.

Jagd said:
I think he's done work as muscle for dancrilis' family for when someone doesn't pay up or they stole something a client wants but now the thief is asking for more money. I don't think he's in their constant employ but they've picked him up standing at the corner of the local Hovel Depot to do some day work for them.

Sure sounds good, they would occassionally need to be able to send someone against competition or to deal with people that are seeking to intimidate them.

Some times it might have merely been an appearance thing - where my character would be sent to talk to someone and yours might have been there to ensure things didn't get out of hand. If that fits with you?

Just wanted to update with a list of what I've currently received.

Dancrilis: A female demon-blooded sorcerer engaged in illicit activities through magic and social manipulation.
Gromnar: A female divine elven spiritualist, priest of Calistria, not native to Korvosa, but a recent resident. Also a socially focused char.
Jagd: An orc barbarian, also originally from elsewhere.
Manwithdarkdesires: "Grey" paladin
Tenshi: Gargoyle or warpriest of Calistria
kckolbe: Wand-based magus

dancrilis said:
Sure sounds good, they would occassionally need to be able to send someone against competition or to deal with people that are seeking to intimidate them.

Some times it might have merely been an appearance thing - where my character would be sent to talk to someone and yours might have been there to ensure things didn't get out of hand. If that fits with you?
Fits wonderfully. Not that my character is good at the skill intimidation but sometimes all you need to do is bring an Orc, barbarian at that, to a negotiation to ensure the point gets across.

Unfortunately hanging out at the local Calistria church just doesn't fit for my character so I will wait for more info and try to figure out how he relates to the other characters out there.

Jagd said:
Fits wonderfully. Not that my character is good at the skill intimidation but sometimes all you need to do is bring an Orc, barbarian at that, to a negotiation to ensure the point gets across.

Unfortunately hanging out at the local Calistria church just doesn't fit for my character so I will wait for more info and try to figure out how he relates to the other characters out there.

Well Sorcerers are decent at intimidation so your Orc would be more protection and maybe a situational bonus.

Depending on how you view it you could also freelance as protection for some temple items including Calistria's - if you were looking for an agent for work my character would be happy to act in that capacity.

kckolbe just to check would it be two traits available at character creation - which I believe is normal?

Two traits is correct, no restriction on type

dancrilis said:
Depending on how you view it you could also freelance as protection for some temple items including Calistria's - if you were looking for an agent for work my character would be happy to act in that capacity.
That might work.

kckolbe is there a particular site, program or format you want the character sheets in?

I prefer myth-weavers, but I am not overly picky as long as everything is separated into different categories (ie racial traits, traits, feats, and class abilities)

Ok so I think that works for a link with Jagd character, occassionally he works for the family freelance and I suppose drinking buddies at times as it makes things simple for social interaction.

For Calistria's faithful I have been looking at the Guide to Korvosa and she doesn't seem to be a major goddess and thereby supported within the Pantheon of Many - thinking there might be open forum debates between clerics on love vs lust, which if other characters were interested in attending my character could have met them at.

Otherwise might be best to handle things on a case by case basic depending on backgrounds.

For the "Grey" paladin - even if my character was evil (and thinking about starting them as TN and seeing where things go) with non-detection they would be hard to reliable spot as evil - so even a LG one might get along fine with her (evil can be a pain for GMs and other players particularly if they want to play paladins so no issue with avoiding it if needed for the group).
But they might have made contact where she was paid to get inforamtion they might not have been able to gather on his own easilly, or where she was in some limited trouble and given a free slate in exchange for some freelance work.

For the Wand-based magus we have talked about that in PM, if we are not going with that as we both had some issues with how that relationship was seeming to work - might be easier to have him a friend of the family, they occassionally sell him some gems for his work (and cut them if needed) he on the other hand might be sell some of his work through there shop to avoid the overhead that running his own shop might have?

Or such are my semi-random thoughts currently.

Back
Top Bottom