Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pathfinder (CLOSED)

kckolbe

Banned
Banished
I am currently setting up a pathfinder game running the Crimson Throne Adventure Path. Due to a couple of drops, we find ourselves with only three players (and me), and, to be a touch coarse, a lack of women interested in men.

This is not a smut heavy game, but I have found that group games on adult sites run a little more smoothly when everyone feels that smut has more potential to happen. Below is the original post. Please PM me or post here if you are interested. I do not care about the gender of the player, just the character.

Hello folks. I am interested in running the Crimson Throne adventure path. I am looking for a small group of active participants for this. As with all my games, I enjoy seeing a lot of discussion regarding characters and how they know each other, feel about each other, etc. I don't require class "roles" to be filled, but I don't want people designing chars without trying to consider what works with the other chars being worked on.

If interested, let me know what kind of campaigns you enjoy, any preferences regarding character types (not mechanical), posting frequency/length, and anything else you want to include.

RE: Pathfinder - Crimson Throne

Ok thinking about this for race.

For the sorceress I like the Daemon Bloodline so this has been build with that partially in mind, but I have tried to keep it sensible for non-sorcerers also.

Daemon Touched
There are many ways one might become tainted by the power of a Daemon, from ill advised pacts to tiefling lineage to curses and soul manipulation - one thing is certain anyone so touched will be certain to have some difficulties in their lives if discovered. These are the decendents of those people.

Type: Humanoid (Human) (0 RP)
Size: Medium (0 RP)
Base Speed: Normal (0 RP)
Ability Score Modifier: Standard (0 RP) (+2 Int, +2 Dex, -2 Con)
--The Daemon Touched are smart and quick, but the hatred daemons have to life leaves them somewhat frail.
Language Quality: Standard (0 RP)
-- Common with Bonus Languages (Abyssal, Aklo, Dark Folk, Dwarven, Infernal, Necril, Undercommon)
-- The Daemon Touched frequently speak the languages of the plains and those most likely to fall to a Daemon's interest.
Defense Racial Traits: Fearless (1 RP)
-- Occassionally the Daemon Touched see Abaddon in their dreams - this makes them resistant to mortal horrors.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
Skilled (4 RP)
-- Like there mostly Human ancestors these humans learn quickly, especially so as there lives often depend on it.
Stalker (1 RP)
-- These people often need to work unseen and avoid authorities, and see them coming.
Static Bonus Feat (2 RP)
-- The Daemon Touched as frequently on alert and so benefit from Improved Initiative.
Magical Racial Traits: Enclave Protector (2 RP)
-- The dark power within them often works to make this safe and secure, whether this is due to there desire to keep a low profile or something more sinister is a matter of debate.

Not sure if that kindof suits what you are looking for.

Seperately you might want to ban spell resistance along with defensive training (I was sorely tempted to make up a justification for it but managed to restrain myself) - but happilly it is your call.

dancrilis said:
Ok thinking about this for race.

For the sorceress I like the Daemon Bloodline so this has been build with that partially in mind, but I have tried to keep it sensible for non-sorcerers also.

Daemon Touched
There are many ways one might become tainted by the power of a Daemon, from ill advised pacts to tiefling lineage to curses and soul manipulation - one thing is certain anyone so touched will be certain to have some difficulties in their lives if discovered. These are the decendents of those people.

Type: Humanoid (Human) (0 RP)
Ability Score Modifier: Standard (0 RP) (+2 Int, +2 Dex, -2 Con)
--The Daemon Touched are smart and quick, but the hatred daemons have to life leaves them somewhat frail.
-- Bonus Languages (Infernal, Abyssal, Celestial, Elvan, Dwarven, Giant, Necril)
-- The Daemon Touched frequently speak the languages of the plains and those most likely to fall to a Daemon's interest.
Skill Training (1 RP): Gain Diplomacy and Knowledge (Local) as bonus class skills.
--The Daemon Touched ofter tread a fine line wherever they are and so need to be able to deal with any situation is something of a natural talent.
Skilled (4 RP)
-- Like there mostly Human ancestors these humans learn quickly, especially so as there lives often depend on it.
Stalker (1 RP)
-- These people often need to work unseen and avoid authorities, and see them coming.
Static Bonus Feat (2 RP)
-- The Daemon Touched as frequently on alert and so benefit from Improved Initiative.
Magical Racial Traits: Enclave Protector (2 RP)
-- The dark power within them often works to make this safe and secure, whether this is due to there desire to keep a low profile or something more sinister is a matter of debate.

Not sure if that kindof suits what you are looking for.

Seperately you might want to ban spell resistance along with defensive training (I was sorely tempted to make up a justification for it but managed to restrain myself) - but happilly it is your call.

Not a bad attempt. I really like enclave protector as a magical stealth ability. The only thing against the rules is that you have 4 traits in the skill category. The cap for standard power races is 3. Personally, I would prefer to have only one "class skill trait." Also, and this is entirely on me for not mentioning it, I would prefer to assign languages unless you spend the extra 1 pt to choose them yourself.

As for spell resistance, I already felt that the improved version should cost more than 3 pts, but the 2 pt one didn't seem too bad. Might end up removing it, but looking at just increasing the cost for now. +2 Dodge is harder to put a cost on, but I think 4 pts would be a lot closer.

Cool - I have updated to remove 'Skill Training (1 RP):' (I mulled that one for a long time as I think I might have taken it as I like Diplomacy and Knowledge Local more than it was justified (think the Stalker trait work better with the class thematically), and instead have:
-- Occassionally the Daemon Touched see Abaddon in their dreams - this makes them resistant to mortal horrors.

And sure I am happy for you to pick the languages.

dancrilis said:
Cool - I have updated to remove 'Skill Training (1 RP):' (I mulled that one for a long time as I think I might have taken it as I like Diplomacy and Knowledge Local more than it was justified (think the Stalker trait work better with the class thematically), and instead have:

And sure I am happy for you to pick the languages.

Looks good to me! I'll PM you about languages since I was going to PM you for some plotting anyways.

FOR EVERYONE: I have a post in the set up and rules section that I will be adding to as I go.

I wonder if I am too late to the party here? Let me know if I should go forward with making a character.

You are not at all too late. Before jumping into a char, though, please check out the first post.

The first post in this thread or the first post somewhere else?

Oh! I didn't see the second page.

Hey there Freeko. It's been a bit. Welcoem back

Seeing the concepts that are getting taken seriously (vile viillains! :) ) I'm rethinking my concept. I'll read over everything again before I start on a new aplication, but I'm thinking about a War Priest of Calstria. (Probably a dominat guy skilled with a whip.)

Hello all!

I'm a seasoned Pathfinder player and I would love to join Curse of the Crimson Throne (if that's what you're aiming for!) as something or other, depending on what people need. I have yet to read all of the posts and simply wanted to inquire if any slot was available.

Reflexively, I gravitate toward clerics, witches, oracles, and alchemists. c: I'm very open and flexible in what I would choose to play class-wise, but I am assuredly playing a female character.

If there is space to join and there are people who are interested in plotting, do let me know. Sometimes interweaving backgrounds can make RPing easier.

I am newer to these forums, so if someone could PM me or quote me for the reply, I would really appreciate it, because I'm quite excited to make a Pathfinder character. ;3;

Tenshi said:
I've got an aasimar paladin concept for this story i'm excited to try out. I'll show him to you soon.

Tenshi said:
Seeing the concepts that are getting taken seriously (vile viillains! :)
Just as a heads up I might very well go with TN leaning towards NE rather than NE, but in either case it would likely be someone out for themselves, their family and their friends rather than a true villian.

So happy to work with either concept you decide to go with do make the group work :)

I have a concept in the works, and wanted to share. c:

A Human Varisian Oracle with the Powerless Prophecy curse and the Heavens mystery. She'd be passionate about the stars and space, and believe that we're all stardust. She greatly enjoys sex and feels a great deal of joy in sexual expression, and values her freedom to enjoy all the heavenly pleasures of Golarion. She would be extremely sure of herself and confident, but easily distracted with her head in the clouds. Struck with visions of dangerous futures that she can witness but not possibly control (after all, it is the age of Lost Prophecies), she is staggered at the start of normal combat and cannot act in surprise rounds. I would hope to make her a healer and utility caster, mechanically.

gentle witchery said:
Hello all!

I'm a seasoned Pathfinder player and I would love to join Curse of the Crimson Throne (if that's what you're aiming for!) as something or other, depending on what people need. I have yet to read all of the posts and simply wanted to inquire if any slot was available.

Reflexively, I gravitate toward clerics, witches, oracles, and alchemists. c: I'm very open and flexible in what I would choose to play class-wise, but I am assuredly playing a female character.

If there is space to join and there are people who are interested in plotting, do let me know. Sometimes interweaving backgrounds can make RPing easier.

I am newer to these forums, so if someone could PM me or quote me for the reply, I would really appreciate it, because I'm quite excited to make a Pathfinder character. ;3;

Thus far, I haven't locked the number of slots or who is playing, so there is room. I will probably close things off for new interest Monday, maybe tomorrow.

I will absolutely want interwoven backgrounds, so I will be looking for players that offer interesting ideas and are willing to work with others.

Ambrosial Elf
Ambrosial elves are an exceptionally rare sub race of elves that are descended from Calistria's amorous herald, the Menotherian, who is known to mate with especially attractive elves. On occasion, the Menotherian conceives a child from such liaisons and the powerful divine touch of a goddess' herald remains with that child's own descendants.

Ambrosial elves are usually females, although males are known to exist, however in much smaller numbers. Regardless of gender, all Ambrosial elves are exceptionally attractive and possess flawless bodies; long ears, narrow cheekbones, and long graceful limbs. If elves look more elven than half-elves, the Ambrosial elves looks even more elven than "standard" elves, as if they are perfect, mortal copies of the “true” elven ideal.

Almost all Ambrosial elves worship Calistria, given their heritage, however like any mortal, they are not tied to the worship of a specific deity. They rise especially high in Calistria's church and are sought out by lovers across the world for their beauty. Indeed, gaining the attention of an Ambrosial elf is considered a great boon to those in the church and beyond.

Type: Humanoid (Elf) (0 RP)
Ability Score Modifier: Specialized (1 RP) (+2 Wis, +2 Cha, -2 Con)
--Ambrosial elves are attractive, personable and incredibly perceptive of the world they live in, though they retain the frailty of normal elves and their lives of ease leave them with somewhat less precision.
-- Racial Language: Elven
-- Bonus Languages: (7 languages as chosen by GM.)
-- Ambrosial elves raised by elves would have standard language choices.
Weapon Familiarity (1 RP): Elven weapons and Whip
-- Ambrosial elves are trained in traditional elven weaponry. Each is also intimately familiar with the use of the whip, Calistria's sacred weapon, even if they do not follow her faith, thanks to their divinely-touched connection.
Static Bonus Feat (2 RP): Deceitful
-- Being descended from a herald of the goddess of trickery, Ambrosial elves benefit from the Deceitful feat.
Gregarious (1 RP)
-- The honeyed words of an Ambrosial elf are seductive and almost always pleasing. They're able to greatly shift the opinions of others to their favor.
Magical Racial Traits
Seducer (2 RP)
-- Given their impressive personalities, flawless appearance and divine heritage, Ambrosial elves are naturally adapt at the use of enchantment spells and the most wizened of them are able to cast charm person once per day
Object of Desire (1 RP)
-- Befitting their seductive nature, Ambrosial elves are easily able to charm most other creatures they encounter and be greatly desired in turn
Spell-Like ability (Lesser) - Unnatural Lust (1 RP)
-- Ambrosial elves are the personification of a herald of lust and were created under especially lustful circumstances. All ambrosial elves can capitalize on that connection by casting unnatural lust once per day.
Senses
Low-Light Vision (1 RP)
--The retain the enhanced vision of their forebears.

Gromnar said:
Ambrosial Elf
Ambrosial elves are an exceptionally rare sub race of elves that are descended from Calistria's amorous herald, the Menotherian, who is known to mate with especially attractive elves. On occasion, the Menotherian conceives a child from such liaisons and the powerful divine touch of a goddess' herald remains with that child's own descendants.

If elves look more elven than half-elves, the Ambrosial elves looks even more elven than "standard" elves, as if they are perfect, mortal copies of the “true” elven ideal.

Ability Score Modifier: Flexible (2 RP) (+2 Wis, +2 Cha)
--Ambrosial elves are attractive, personable and incredibly perceptive of the world they live in.

Kinda torn on this. As a descendant of Calistria's herald, they make complete sense. As "ideal" elves, I don't feel they have anything in common. Elves are, I feel, primarily known for their grace.

By upping Wis, you grant a bonus on perception and Will saves, which does fit, but the lack of low light vision and no bonus to Dex seems odd to me.

kckolbe said:
Gromnar said:
Ambrosial Elf

If elves look more elven than half-elves, the Ambrosial elves looks even more elven than "standard" elves, as if they are perfect, mortal copies of the “true” elven ideal.

Ability Score Modifier: Flexible (2 RP) (+2 Wis, +2 Cha)
--Ambrosial elves are attractive, personable and incredibly perceptive of the world they live in.

Kinda torn on this. As a descendant of Calistria's herald, they make complete sense. As "ideal" elves, I don't feel they have anything in common. Elves are, I feel, primarily known for their grace.

By upping Wis, you grant a bonus on perception and Will saves, which does fit, but the lack of low light vision and no bonus to Dex seems odd to me.

It was just a fluff description. However the elf subtype grants low-light vision automatically.

I don't see where the low light vision is automatically granted.

So anyone want to start working on background links?

For my Daemon Touched (from her fathers side), Daemon Blooded Sorcerer I am thinking her parents operate a low profile in the city as merchants (really fences), and she would have worked around the shop initially cleaning and such but she also practices Jewellery. She would have a sibling also (if anyone wanted to play that I would be cool with it so not fleshing them out further here).

With her powers coming in she has a desire to establish herself in the city but she is young and waiting for some good opportunities to do that - so is currently using her powers for person profit mostly, she has a fondness for the Church of Shelyn as they helped her family in the past - so she would pay tithes occassionally (patron some arts maybe donate some of her work) and attend services at times.

Some ideas for a starting point to link with people might be:
Guards who worked with/investigate the family.
Other members of her own family (possible from either side).
People working in crime that fence stuff, or shake down fences that don't behave.
Those with an Arcane background who her parents might have taken her to when she developed her powers.
Other people with some connection to the planes who her father might have also consulted with while trying to figure out what was up with her.
Those affiliated with the Church of Shelyn (or associates).
People her own age from the neighbourhood.
Other more legitimate merchants that her parents might have associated with.

And of course happy to hear other ideas.

kckolbe said:
It comes with the elf subtype I believe.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types#subtype-elf

dancrilis said:
kckolbe said:
It comes with the elf subtype I believe.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/creature-types#subtype-elf

Ah, that is from a different set of rules (NPC beasts). In the race creator, only fey types start with low light vision.

As for tie ins...
How old is she in human years and how old is that for her? I would strongly prefer no custom races that live more than twice as long as humans.
Is her mother human? Is she the more devout toward Shelyn?

Using the character creation rules, you can add a subtype. When you do, its grants you the abilities of that subtype. The elf subtype grants low-light vision.

Is the race I've created okay to play?

Edit: Missed the part where dancrilis posted that already. Though I'm building this race in hero lab using the rules on the site and it automatically adds low-light vision because of the subtype. If that's not allowed, no problem. I'll simply go without.

kckolbe said:
Ah, that is from a different set of rules (NPC beasts). In the race creator, only fey types start with low light vision.
Yea I would regard it that way also - taking the Giant subtype for free and getting Low-Light Vision with Initimate and Perception as class skills seems beyound the intention of the race builder (to say nothing of claiming the Asura subtype for example).
But not my business what others want to create :)

As for tie ins...
How old is she in human years and how old is that for her? I would strongly prefer no custom races that live more than twice as long as humans.
Is her mother human? Is she the more devout toward Shelyn?
As her subtype is human I would say a standard human life time and growth rate would be fine (maybe lower as they have poor constitution).
So I am thinking of her as about ~18, old enough to go her own way without issue but young enough that she can still happilly stay working with her parents without butting heads to often.
Her mother is human and I am thinking that her father would be the more devote one where the church helped him get settled in the community after he was put out of his old one for 'reasons unknown', her mother would be the more fence focused one of them where he would be more trying to keep his nose clean to avoid a attracting attention.

Gromnar said:
Is the race I've created okay to play?

It is. Really, the only part I had a problem with was the fluff about being ideal elves. If anything, they came off to me as an Elf/Aasimar mix. Low-light vision would have to be bought separately if you want it.

If you wanted it you might do something like this if you don't mind me suggesting somthing:
Ability Score Modifier: Specialized (1 RP) (+2 Wis, +2 Cha, -2 Con) (or whatever minus you like)
--Ambrosial elves are attractive, personable and incredibly perceptive of the world they live in, though they retain the frailty of normal elves and their lives of ease leave them with somewhat less precision.
Low-Light Vision (1 RP)
--The retain the enhanced vision of their forebears.

I took that part of the ideal elves from the description of Calistria's herald herself. When she's in elf form, she looks like an idealized elf, and I thought it would fit her descendants.

Back
Top Bottom