Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

|| Cell Block B ||

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Rupinder "Rupi" Vera
Tag: Natalya, Akila, open.

Rupi nearly shrieked when her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden voice to her side. Turning, she saw the blonde woman peeking out at her, catching the small sliver of Rupi’s shape still visible in the corner. How embarrassing! She probably thought I ran away to hide. If only she knew… Rupi thought, a small blush creeping into her cheeks and neck while a smile crossed her lips. Indeed, only if she knew what Rupi was thinking. It was indeed fear, but not of Natalya. Lurching up from the wall, she strode back in full view and stood before the patient.

She did not understand anything the woman said, but she felt she was being beckoned back in. Instead, she merely held up a finger in a silent gesture. Wait. Rupi wasn’t going to enter into the room until she could clearly communicate with the woman. She still had in her mind a notion to rebuke the woman for her violence towards the guards, but another part of her simply wanted to talk and learn about her. Thankfully, that fell under her jurisdiction as Head of Psychoanalysis. She was still standing there, looking at Natalya, when she heard Akila approaching. Finally.

“You’re late, patient AK8866.” Rupi replied, taking the device from Akila once she opened up the suitcase. Akila hadn’t done anything wrong. Rupi was just impatient. Once she examined the various tools and devices, she stuffed the handheld in her lab coat pocket and turned back to Akila with a faint, almost hungry smile. She reached out to cup the Arabic girl’s cheek. “Not for now, but later I will. Off with you, now.” Rupi said, her british tone now light and playful. She removed her hand and waved her off dismissively. She waited until Akila was gone, then once more she opened the door and entered in.

“I…need you to sit and relax.” She said hesitantly in english, knowing the woman probably would not understand. She tried a hand signal too, pointing first at Natalya, then at the chair she had once occupied. She then pointed at the collar in her hand, then made an opening gesture with her palm in front of her mouth. Put this on. Then speak and understand is what she tried to convey.

Of course, if communications didn’t work, Rupi could always overpower the woman and force her to wear it. She wasn’t in her wolf form, so taking her down should be easy. Or at least, easier than before. Rupi imagined it would be difficult, for Natalya looked quite shapely and strong herself.

beauty_zpsdjf15b2o.png

Cell Block B
Tag: Dr. Rupi Vera

Natalya finally got her in view, and smiled, although Rupi couldn't see that. She saw her gestures, and wanted to bark something back but than someone knew arrived. She was gorgeous too, but in now way near the pretty doctor's, and she looked more timid than anything. Naty watched with interest as the girl presented two gifts two her raven, who looked please. Without realizing what she was doing, the wolf let out a snarl, the sickening sound echoing loudly in her cage so that they could both hear. The shorter than girl froze, her eyes zooming to the werewolf.

"Interesno, kak vashe gorlo vkus malen'kiy krolik . Begi seychas ..." Naty growled, eyes shooting daggers at the girl.

On the other side of the glass Akila was shuddering at the werewolf, but her attention got caught by Dr. Vera's as her hand touched her cheek, granting another louder growl from the cage.

"Yes ma'am. Thank you ma'am."

While Akila made a break for it, Naty watched her raven enter the cage once more and gesture to the chair. Sticking her nose up she granted the woman's request, but still snapped out, "Eto rebenok krolik ne derzhit nichego k moyey krasote . Ty oskorblyayesh' menya v vash interes k ney , moy voron."

Sitting she waited calmly in her seat, hands in her lap, her golden eyes watching the woman with interest.

["I wonder how your throat tastes little rabbit. Run along now..." "That baby rabbit holds nothing to my beauty. You insult me in your interest in her, my raven."]

Tag: Natalya, Akila, open.

Rupi was still having trouble understanding the woman. Her demeanor seemed to have gotten confrontational again, especially when Akila made her entrance and departure. It seemed too good a notion to suspect that Natalya was jealous about something. Instead, Rupi wrote it off in her mind as simple confrontational behavior, as wolves often did when prey entered into their territory. And Akila was prey after all, even to Rupi. She did catch a few words that the Russian snarled, especially beauty and raven. And there seemed to be a possessive tone whenever Natalya used those words, for even though Rupi did not understand her, she could still detect some meaning in her body language and tone.

Again, it seemed too good for Rupi that she associated it with wolfish predatory behavior.

At least she got Natalya to sit, which was a start. The woman was either taking orders from Rupi, whom she deemed an alpha in her own wolfish way, or was springing a trap. Well either way, Rupi needed to prove she meant no harm to this other woman. So in full sight of Natalya, Rupi gave a quick shake of her head to throw her sable hair behind her head, before taking one of the collars in her hand and fitting it about her neck. Then she took the ear piece and fit that snuggly into her ear, turning her head to allow the woman to see. No harm. No threat. No danger. Surely Natalya would be fine with it?

With the second collar in hand, Rupi began to advance upon Natalya sitting. Her body was tense and her muscles taut as she neared, half expecting to be set upon. “Koroleva krasoty.” Rupi repeated in a soft voice as she came before Natalya, crouching a little so that they were face to face. And only inches apart. Rupi, with her own vampiric senses, easily picked up the other woman’s scent. Moving slowly, she raised her arms, bringing the collar towards Natalya’s neck, all the while making sure the woman could see the one fixated around Rupi’s neck. No harm. No threat. No danger. Hopefully she understood.

Her hands moved around Natalya’s neck, the back of them brushing her blonde strands back as the collar fitted around her throat. She kept it loose and easy for now, though she was pretty sure it would be broken soon. It’ll be coming out of my pay, no doubt. Once that was settled on, Rupi retrieved the second ear piece from her pocket and fitted it into Natalya’s ear. But that wasn’t it. Once that was handled, she moved her hands once more behind Natalya’s head, her face directly before the other woman’s, and began to undo the straps of her muzzle. With gently, she pried it off the other woman’s mouth and face, at last revealing the blonde’s beautiful features to see. Taking it, Rupi stood up and backed up towards the door, where she dropped the muzzle.

It had all taken less than a minute. But to Rupi it felt as if hours had passed, every moment consumed only by the examination of Natalya's fair face and fragrance. She smiled at the woman for a moment, then she took out the handheld, fiddling with it for a moment to set the right settings. Russian to English for herself. English to Russian for Natalya. “Can you…hear me?” She asked carefully, gazing up at Natalya to see if she understood.

beauty_zpsdjf15b2o.png

Cell Block B

The message had come clearly, although it still amused the wolf to watch the beautiful lady tense and worry over being bit. When all was said and done Naty worked her jaw, already sore and in pain from the muzzle. She hadn't even realized the thing was on as she spoke, her voice coming clear to Dr. Rupi in English, although the accent remained.

"Thank god that thing is off. I hated it. Thank you my raven. Wait..."

She turned, eyebrows raising in confusion, "Did you just speak to me in flawless Russian, raven?"

Tag: Natalya, open.

Just as Natalya had heard her, so did her remarks come clear into Rupi’s ear in perfect English, though still accented. My raven…? Rupi was surprised at the pet name. That was not how this worked! Usually it was the doctors who gave the nicknames. God knows how many Rufio Arellano had for the patients. Rupi generally stuck to their case numbers, in order to dehumanize them and not fall into a guilt trap. Like she was now.

This was the reason why Rupi tried to remain pragmatic and uncaring. But Natalya was breaking through.

“I did not. The device translates words for each other.” Rupi explained, crossing her arms and leaning against the wall behind her, her hip flared to one side. “And my name isn’t raven. It’s Rupinder Vera. Doctor. I’m here to help you understand….well, you.” She explained, before letting her grey eyes wander to Natalya’s feet and back up again to her pretty face, drinking her in.

Rupi then nodded at the muzzle by her feet. “They put that on you cause you’ve been violent and naughty. Be a good girl and they’ll keep it off. You can’t keep attacking everyone.” She chided in a stern tone. "Be good and you'll never have to wear it again. I promise."

beauty_zpsdjf15b2o.png

Cell Block B

Naty let out a laugh, and this time it came out clearly without the muzzle. No longer did it sound haunting and low, now it was slightly higher and pitched perfectly, a beautiful sound to most ears.

"You never gave me a name, so I chose one myself. A beautiful raven, for your hair and your intelligence. But if you'd rather I only call you Doctor..."

She ignored the last comment entirely, more focused on getting to know this woman than her kills. Yes they were dead. And no she did not care. Let them muzzle her if it made the men piss their pants less.

This time the laugh from Natalya sounded much different. More…pure. And natural. Not tainted by the muzzle or any wolfish demeanor. It was a simple laugh. An easy laugh. A type of laugh that Rupi herself had not used or heard in a long time. It felt refreshing.

“I’d prefer you call me Doctor, at least in front of others. Otherwise, between you and I, call me whatever you wish.” Rupi replied, offering a smile and tilting her head to the other side, throwing her raven locks with it.

“And you? What would you prefer to be called, if you had a choice.” Rupi said, her words thought out carefully. She was acting like Natalya had an option, but in truth she didn’t. As Rufio so much loved to espouse, their bodies and names belonged to the Institution now.

beauty_zpsdjf15b2o.png

Cell Block B

Natalya stood, pacing the room but keeping her distance from Dr. Vera. It was a deliberate move, to show Dr. Vera this beautiful blonde was still a wolf locked in a cage, even if she was easy on the eyes and soft tongued at the moment.

"Well if you insist, then I guess I must call you doctor" she made her voice flat at the last word, making it sound ugly while her voice was otherwise beautiful, "But when no one is listening, I shall still refer to you as my raven."

She purred the nickname, making it sound much too beautiful with her accent. The wolf was brimming with confidence, thinking she had the upper hand. She had yet to meet the cruelty of Dr. Arellano, or faced the long awaiting depression the institute caused many.

Dr. Vera asked her a question then and she threw her locks over her shoulder as she looked over, "Have you all not assigned me a name. I hear it over and over. N...S..."

She let out a wolfish huff, "My mother named me after the day I came to light. It was a cold winter, and she did not believe any of us pups would survive a day. She nestled into a den, wishing we'd wait till the sun rose and melted the white, but we came early. It was the coldest night of the year, and my litter somehow survived the night. And the next. Mother named us for that day. My brothers were named for the cold night and fallen snow. I was named for the day. You humans, you call that day Christmas. Thus came the name Natalya, for the day of Christmas. Or Naty...although only my mother called me that. My mother loved my name."

She was looking at the corner of the room as she spoke and suddenly fell quiet, her body turning still as something hitched in her voice when she spoke of her mother. Suddenly she whipped around and Dr. Vera could see the angry tears that fell down the wolf's perfect cheeks as she stormed across the room, throwing the chair that stood in her way at the wall. It broke and fell but Natalya kept striding forward, punching her fist into the wall near Dr. Vera's head and bearing her teeth before stepping away again.

"I will never hear her say my name again! I will never hear her calls for me, nor hear my pack sing to the moon. I will never feel her tongue on my neck as she kills the blood from my kills, or watch her as she schools my brothers and sisters. I will never hear the pups play and frollick once more, or join the hunts again. Because your men made it so. YOUR MEN KILLED MY PACK!"

She was pacing again, slamming her fist over and over into the wall as she did, obviously the memories rising in her thoughts only heating her pain, "You could have taken me without the bloodshed. You could have stolen me in the night. But it wasn't enough. IT WAS NEVER ENOUGH!"

She rushed at the glass, slamming into it loud enough to get the attention of everyone in the hall, although all they'd hear is her screaming and Russian and ignore it, "YOU TOOK MY FAMILY FROM ME YOU MONSTERS! YOU KILLED MY MOTHER! MY FATHER! YOU STRANGLED BROTHERS...SISTERS! THEY WERE PUPS YOU MONSTERS! SPRING BORN PUPS AND YOU KILLED THEM BEFORE THEIR FIRST KILLS! I WILL NEVER FORGET! I WILL TEAR THE SPINES OUT OF EVERY ONE OF YOU CRUEL MEN, WITH YOUR GUNS AND YOUR TOYS! I WILL GIVE YOU THE RESPECT YOU GAVE MY FAMILY! I WILL WATCH THE LIFE FALL FROM YOUR EYES! I WILL NEVER FORGET! I WILL NEVER FORGIVE!"

Tears were streaming down her face as she hit the glass over and over until the energy was sapped from her body and she fell to her knees, pressing her forehead to the glass. She had yelled for minutes while the doctor stood by, the only person to have actually heard her suffering.

"Did you know?" she dropped her head back and let it roll to the side to stare at Dr. Vera, "Did my raven know how easily those she worked with can kill children? My family...their blood will taint my memory forever."

She let her head roll back to the glass, kneeling there as her breath calmed and the tears ceased. When all was done she rose and moved to the corner of the room, sliding down so that she could see Dr. Vera on the opposite end. Her cheeks were pink from crying, her golden eyes bright and alert. She had never dropped her guard though, always ready for an attack. It was the wolf in her, as much as the pain and outburst was the human in her screaming in grief.

"You did not come in here to listen to the woes of a orphan wolf, did you my raven?" her voice was much calmer, the wolf once more regaining herself as she shoved her human grief away, "Have you come because you like my body? I've seen you look at me. Or do you have more questions? I can answer...if you answer some of mine."

Tags: Natalie

The door closed behind her, the ominous sounds of the lock closing. ‘I just walked back into my prison,’ she thought. Her face was blank as she focused on something Natalie had told her. Lifting her eyes to her, she said, “It’s not..your job..to be cruel to me. Then who’s job is it? Why are they going to be cruel to me at all? What did I do? Is it because..I can do this. Lock unlock.” Again the door unlocks for her. Magan forces a smile. “Lock.” The door remained silent. “I don’t really want it to lock you see. Intend. Magic is easy really. You want something, and you just let it happen, but if the intent is not there, if it’s not right, it won’t work. I don’t really want my door locked. I want it unlocked. I can say it, feel it, think it, and that door will unlock. Do they fear me? The ones that want to be..cruel to me?” She swallowed back a lump that had formed in her throat. “I’m scared. I don’t want..them..to hurt me. I’ve never..been hurt..before, and I’ve only hurt one person..before. I didn’t mean it. I promise. Is that why I’m here? Because I..hurt someone?”

She sinks down to the floor, her hands once more covering her face. “I’m sorry. Thank you, Natalie..for all you’ve done. You’ve been..kind to me. Nobody else here has, and now I fear..they won’t be. Am I wrong? Please tell me. What is this place..and what’s going to happen to me?”

HMcKelvie_v_19aug11_pr_b_320x480.jpg
Tags: Jinx​

Natalie hears the door unlock, so she walks back in, sliding the card so that the door locks behind her, just leaving her here obviously wasn't going to do anything. She sits down next to Magan, watching her and nodding as she speaks. "I suppose I could never understand magic, but you seem to understand it just fine." She says while putting her hands behind her head, her gun hangs from her vest and touches the floor as she does so.

"There're people in Cell Block C that are hired to be cruel to the patients, and they enjoy it, makes me sick if I'm honest." She says with a small sigh. "This place is a prison for people like you.. Who are special I guess." She starts. "And people like my boss, Doctor Füner, want to learn more about you with experiments that people outside of this facility would not agree with, so it's kept a secret.. Which is why they probably won't let you free." She says while running a hand through her hair. "They want to figure out how you can say something and the world bends around itself to do it for you." She says. "Nobody here can say 'unlock' and just walk out of their cell, but you can, which makes you special." She explains.

"So just listen to me, if you are good, they will put you in Cell Block A, and you will be very happy there, I promise you that." She says. "But that's the only kuxary available to you, I can't tell you that there's going to be a better future, Magan.. You just have to hope for it."

Tags: Natailie
She listens to her as she speaks, explain the awful truth about this place. People were actually hired to be cruel here. It was unspeakable. “Hope for a better future? How is that possible here, held as a prisoner, hoping to not incur the wrath of those that are hired to be cruel?” Magan sighed and lifted her eyes from Natalie. The cold, stark wall was in front of her, and the glass to her left. “Special. They’re right about that. I am special, but I did not choose to be this way. No one in their right mind would. I have to be afraid that my mind will wander when I hear anything, and without thinking, it will move. The clicking of her shoes, the lady that spoke to us already, her shoes, I heard them, and I had to keep myself from making them move. Even now I have to not focus on what’s inside your..gun.” She closed her eyes tightly, thinking about home to distract her mind.

“What of my family? Are they..okay? I was on the farm, and that’s all I remember. I woke up in a van with my eyes and ears covered. They think this is so wonderful that I can do what I can do, but they are wrong.” She began to walk around her cell, occasionally looking to Natalie. “These experiments you speak of, can they rid me of this gift? If I don’t have it, then they can let me go.” Even as she said the words, she knew it wasn’t so. Prison. Even Natalie had used that word. This place was a prison for people like her. She had seen their face, so to speak. They wouldn’t let her go. Ever. There were only two ways out of here, and Magan hated the thought of both of them. Death. Her death or theirs’. “It’s not fair, not just for me I mean. You. People like you. You seem..nice, and yet you work here. Why? If someone was to come along who could fight their way out, you might be hurt. Why do it? If you disagree with what goes on here, then why work for them to keep us here? Do they have something over your head as well?”

Rupinder merely shrugged at the other woman’s desire to keep calling her raven, her sharp grey eyes watching as the blonde haired woman began to pace, contrasting her own silent, still posture. It hinted at a degree of restlessness in the other woman. Impatience. Rupi knew she wouldn’t even have to urge the other woman to talk. Eventually it would come out. Patience for an immortal creature like Rupi was easy to come by. Seconds, minutes, hours, even days, Rupi could wait for a patient to open up. And eventually it did come. Everything.

Patient NS3456, as Rupi had first called her, began to speak, very fast and very emotionally. At first Rupi listened with a degree of skepticism. She had been born a wolf pup? She found that hard to believe at first, thinking she had begun as an abandoned babe in the woods rather than being birthed into her situation. Had she not seen the woman’s wolfish transformation, she might have openly scoffed at her opening statements. But Rupi did not. Instead she kept a respectful distance, listening aptly as the woman paced back and forth, her eyes ever fixated on her. Natalya. Naty. Not patient NS3456. But like what she told her about what to call Rupi, so too was the doctor tied by these rules. She could not use her real name, unless they were alone.

Natalya ceased her narrative suddenly and Rupi could understand. She could guess what happened next and whether it was good or bad, the result was the same. Separation. It was a cruel sensation Rupi knew all too well herself, being torn from her parent’s grasp and given over to strangers. She was going to ask Natalya to continue, when the woman whipped about with sudden violence in her action, angry tears tainting her beautiful face. There was malicious intent in her posture, Rupi could see that, yet even as the woman suddenly advanced upon the doctor, Rupi did not budge. She remained still and silent, even as the masonry of the wall around her cracked at Natalya’s fist.

They were face to face. Very near. Very close. Rupi kept her eyes locked on the other woman’s gaze, never breaking away despite the flurry of emotion being thrown at her. Her face was stoic as Natalya screamed and bemoaned her fate and that of her family. Her mother, killed by Institution hunters. Her brothers and sisters, killed by Institution hunters. But not Natalya. They took her. And as it came pouring out, Rupi had to try even harder to maintain an impassionate stare. This…was striking too close for home for the vampire. To lose one’s family at a young age was a terrible tragedy. She felt for Natalya, but at the same time she knew there was nothing she could do to comfort her. It would only cause further anger, for Rupi knew she was just as indirectly responsible for the death of Natalya’s family as the hunters were. She would not insult Natalya’s intelligence and emotions by offering useless apologies or expressing vain regret.

The sickening jolt of flesh crashing into the wall was repeated over and over, yet Rupi never flinched once. Eventually Natalya’s attentions were turned to the glass, where she slammed and screamed over and over again, until at last the energy was expended from her body. Rupi had heard everything, translated in her ear without pause or break. It had come through clearly and not only her voice, but the emotion and intensity as well. Rupi felt it all and it left her feeling void and blank inside. Is this how she feels? Of course she does. Rupi told herself, forgetting for a moment that it was her job in life to read people’s emotions and thoughts. Natalya’s anger was justified. But then again, one could make the same argument for the Institution. Her mere violence proved the mission statement of Eternal Peaks.

It was over. With a defeated posture, Natalya strode to the far corner and sank down, silently weeping and quiet. And then she looked at Rupi and demanded to know why. Why the doctor was here. What did the doctor want. This Rupi could answer, for it was why she had come in the first place. To understand.

“When I was eight,” Rupi said softly, ignoring Natalya’s inquiries, “I too was separated from my parents. No, they were not killed or hunted. Do you know what happened?” Rupi explained, giving her a firm expression. She began to move forward, taking one step at a time with each sentence that she spoke. “They made a deal, with the demons of the mountains as they were called. Others on this side of the globe call them vampires. You know what that deal was? To sell me, a little girl, for a sack of flour and some carrots. My parents and brothers would eat for a week at least after that. As for me? I was given without a second thought.”

She reached Natalya now, crouching to her knees to come to face level with the other woman. “They didn’t care about the women, where I’m from. They still don’t care, from what I see and read. I was just property to them, to be traded and bartered. The demons of course turned out to be a bunch of hairy old men and weathered looking women. They looked frail, but were cruel and full of malice. They could have killed me, draining my body for blood. Why not? Because that would have been a mercy. They wanted me to suffer. Forever. So they inducted me into their coven when I became a woman, but before that they used me like a slave, to do their dirty work and menial tasks. And after? They still used me, in ways I never knew was possible.”

Rupi suddenly smiled and looked down, shaking her head. That had happened nearly seventy or eighty years ago. It was barely a memory now. “And the funny thing is,” she said after a moment, explaining the sudden smile, “I don’t even remember their faces. Not my families, not my tormentors. None of it. I have left it all behind. And so will you.” Rupi declared abruptly, looking up to stare intensely into Natalya’s face.

“You are wrong, you know.” She added, rising to her feet to stand over Natalya. “I did come here to listen to the woes of an orphan wolf, and anything else she is willing to tell me.” She kept silent about liking her body though. She had seen her wolfish glare pass over her own more than once on occasion. “And I can help the wolf girl, if she continues to share and talk to me. I have many questions, some of my own, some for the Institution. I will answer any of yours, if you answer all of mine.” She glanced back over her shoulder, eyeing the chairs that had been used to seat Natalya and her tutor. Rupi then turned to gaze back at Natalya, extending her hand downwards to help the other woman up.

“Shall we go and talk then? I won’t bite…as you did to me.” Rupi offered, flashing her a genuine, playful smile, enough to show her own sharp, vampiric teeth. In that, the pair of them should share a kinship in having deadly molars. "Do you still want to kill me? Your raven." She added curiously, tilting her head to the side.

beauty_zpsdjf15b2o.png

Cell Block B

Naty shook her head violently at Dr. Vera's statement of forgetting, "I will never forget my mother. She was a grey wolf, kind but firm. And I will never forget the look of horror in those golden eyes as she watched her litter get torn."

Her words became a snarl again, but the energy had seeped out of her. Did they not care what they had done? That men had come and killed pups not even two months old? Then butchered their families, until she had no pack left to hope for? Naty didn't want to look at the doctor anymore, bowing her head in grief and in the guilt of having such a tantrum over her grief. She could feel the woman hovering though and looked back up to see her fangs, her eyes narrowing.

"I'm no fool raven. You took me because I am no ordinary creature, likes those in the other cells. So what made you so special that you are not stuck in one too?"

She rose to her feet, but she didn't take Rupi's extended hand, instead moving past her and gesturing at the one leftover chair, the other broken. Then she continued to the door, picking the muzzle up and fiddling with the straps, knowing it was bound to be put back on at one point or another.

"My first spring, my mother took me out to hunt rabbit, although I was much too clumsy. In the end it was her who caught the hare, while I watched. She wanted me to eat it all there, but instead I ended up leaving most of it, due to the hungry ravens that kept swooping. I wanted to kill them all, but mother told me it be too hard, that they flew too high. We watched from the trees as they devoured my first real meal, and I thought they were so pretty with their shiny black feathers, and yet so cruel, to steal a pup's her first meal. So I went and I caught myself my first kill that afternoon. The raven tasted delicious "

She raised her head looking at her, "As pretty as you are my raven, your hunger won. You stole my family. What reason should I have not to kill you?"

b5aa92144fdc1522283e2fe65b388494.jpg

Cell Block B - Cell

Tag: Doctor Vera; Natalie, Open

They moved her from one room to another in a rather rushed pace. Without so much as a thought towards her – had they shoved her in past a large, heavy metal door. Kyli couldn’t even open her mouth as her fragile little body hit the dusty cracked floor before the door slammed shut with an unappealing squeal. Hazel eyes looked up, her fingers grasping at the floor, pawing at the unnatural stone. Where was her waterfall? Her deerling? Her fantail’s that fluttered so happily within the large open skies? Kyli could feel her heart sink. What would happen to her home? To the creatures she’d worked so hard to nurse? All the little nymph had ever done was love those of the mother and help those in need.

Pushing up with the little might she’d had left to her bruised muscles, she maneuvered her body to the corner. The thin black fabric draping her once natural and open beauty – catching on her limbs, making the crawl across the floor more tricky then it really should have been. Once she’d sank back into the sullen corner, had Kyli’s arms curled around her knees, her large doe eyes staring into the middle of the floor.

The sounds all around were near muted. Not enough to leave her in the dark – the voices of others stirring her while others cried out or spoke foreign things to her.

Where had her waterfall truly gone…?

So what made you so special that you are not stuck in one too?

At that statement, Rupi merely smiled, watching as Natalya rose and burst forth from her corner, snubbing her offer. What indeed separated the afflicted doctor from the woman before her? Time. Time spent on in world and that she knew how to survive its tribulations, judging accurately when to play the lion and when especially to play the fox. Innumerable experiences accumulated from her span of years taught her much about the ways of men. She could outwit them, fool them into believing whatever fable or falsehood she employed to appear as a truth hood in their minds. It led to the chain of events that got her this position. It helped her avoid the unfortunate state Natalya and others now lived in. And it allowed her to effect some measure of change for others.

She merely stood and watched passively as Natalya continued to pour out her remorse about her stolen family and life, while fiddling with the muzzle. Was she going to destroy it? It was a simple device, easily replaceable. But Rupi merely watched Natalya with a reserved expression, the cold face of a psychiatrist, though intently in her mind she listened to every word. Her grief was fresh, that was understandable. But in Rupi’s long experiences on this earth, she understood that remorse was a useless and empty emotion. It wasted time, a precious commodity to individuals not like Rupinder Vera, and eroded the mind of its sharpness. It was better spent in rigorous action and thought, learning how to survive.

And Rupi very dearly wanted this woman to survive.

She was stubborn, a trait that could be admirable at times. Rupi liked that, there was a will to survive. But what she worried is that Natalya might be too stubborn in wanting to learn from anything else. To that, Rupi had no weapon in her employ, except time. Grief will pass. It would be soon replaced with a cold emptiness that would need to be filled. At the end of her story, Natalya brought her glare towards her, meeting her curious yet guarded face. Despite the tension, she did not go taut or guarded in defense.

“The first,” Rupi said calmly and with utter confidence, “is that you yourself know that trying to kill me won’t be easy and that you might likely fail in the endeavour.” It was a bold boast, especially given that Rupi was on the opposite end of the room where the door was, in which Natalya now stood. It would radiant off of her abruptly, a sensation that Rupi wasn’t afraid to prove whose fangs could bite deepest.

“And secondly, because twice now I have saved your life from a premature death.” Rupi then added with a tone of indignation before letting her voice drop back to normal. “That I do not seek to kill you in turn should mean something. And in time, you will come to know why and for what purpose. But you are still a pup, fierce but unbridled. When the wolf has grown up perhaps, then she would understand. But for now, your hunger will prevail just as mine did.” Rupi then began to stride forwards, coming towards Natalya. She knew she was walking a fine line with the woman. Anything could set her off. But she trusted in her strength, having fed barely a while ago. She would need to keep up this level of physicality. Poor Akila…

She did not act or gesture towards Natalya. She stepped up right beside her, next to the door, and turned to face her. “Go sleep. I’ll ensure you’re left alone for a while. Think about what I’ve said and done.” Rupi merely said. And if she maybe wanted to see her raven again, to talk or to fight and taste, Rupi would not be unwilling.

beauty_zpsdjf15b2o.png

Cell Block B

She listened mutely, contemplating the words. It was obvious their conversation was over. Standing frozen in her spot, she pulled the collar and ear piece from her and held them out to be taken, allowing Dr. Vera to leave with her life and their conversation. She still held the muzzle, staring down at it wondering whether to destroy it or just wait to see if they would put it back on. Sure enough, once Dr. Vera was gone it was only minutes before three guards came in and fitted her with the muzzle once more, but this time they took the handcuffs off and put on new ones, her wrists bleeding from all the punches into the walls making the cuffs slick.

Sinking to the floor in the corner, Natalya let her eyes close as she mulled over her raven's words, thinking about them and what Natalya had said. Had she opened up too much? Spooked her off? Or had that been enough for the doctor to see her pain, to understand Naty?

Tag: Kyli, open.

Rupi arrived swiftly back at the cell which contained patient KG9654. She retrieved her clipboard, full of boring forms of questions regarding the patient. Her personal life, family, experiences, even sexual ones, were to be discussed. Whatever information that could be garnered by the psychiatrist for the patient's file was helpful to research and study. Rupi knew she probably wouldn't get all the answers today. She might not even get one. It was her job to coerce or get them, but that was up to the patient. Some cooperated, others less so. Some were also openly hostile and threatening. But from what Rupi had seen and read about this particular patient, she was not too concerned or worried. This would be a cake walk compared to some of the other patients she's seen today.

She entered into the cell and found the individual known as, or in the Institution's perspective formerly known as, Kyli Grey. She was by all accounts a nymph and Rupi was inclined to agree based solely on her appearance. Ravishing beauty and sensuality mixed all in one, of a nature very similar to the siren girl, Nysali. But Rupi understood the fundamental difference between a siren and a nymph. The first was a seductress, employing her sensuality to captivate and manipulate. A nymph, though sensual in nature, were more open to variation in how they could conduct themselves. By the first impression of Kyli Grey, staring absentmindedly at the floor, Rupi could see this one was afraid. It was a look she knew all too well.

The olive hued doctor strode three steps into the cell and stood, clutching her clip board to the side of her body while clasping both her arms before her. Her grey eyes peered at the woman. "My name is Dr. Rupinder Vera. May I know yours, please?" She inquired in a neutral tone.

Natalie bites the inside of her cheek in thought, watching as Magan paces the room. "We have doctors here.. We call them therapists, they are specialists of the mind.. So if anybody can help you it's them." She explains. "If it helps, clear your mind and don't associate sounds with actions or items, if you hear the clicking, think of music or your family, you hear the door open or you feel it wanting to be unlocked, let your mind drift to something else, but not the door." She says. "Unfortunately I'm one of the few guards that are kind here, the rest will shoot you for being outside of your cell."

"I can't promise you your family is okay, but I know there was no reason to hurt them, so more than likely they are still alive and well.. I don't think that your gift can be destroyed without you being destroyed, Magan.. But I won't let that happen because you don't deserve to die." She says while standing up, approaching her. "I don't work for this Institution, I work for a company that I thought would be doing more important things in the world, so I signed a three year contract and now I'm stuck here until those three years expire." She explains. "Otherwise I lose everything I own."

Magan stops just short of Natalie. Smiling she sighs, shaking her head slowly. “That’s the difference between you and me. If you leave, you will lose everything you have. Me? I’ve already done that. Do you know what my grandmother was the most dangerous thing in this world? A person who had nothing to lose. You say these….doctors want to know why I can say something and make the world bend around me. Well I’m a person with nothing to lose who can do just that. I can make things move. I can make them vanish into nothing. I could have walked out of here if I wanted to, but I didn’t, and do you know why? I wish you did because I sure as h-e-double hockey sticks don’t have a clue why I didn’t. No, I stopped to eat bananas. Bananas. That’s what I am you know. I must be. I could have kept going, making every wall, every door in front of me disappear. Why didn’t I do it? Because I’m scared. “

Running her hand along her arm, she turned her back to Natalie as she moved closer to the glass. “I feel like a fish in here you know. It’s like I’m in a zoo. All these therapist can walk down this hall and look at each animal. ‘In this cell we have a witch,’” she mocked, forcing a laugh. “Clear my mind. I’m good at that. I guess I can give that a try to stay out of trouble. I won’t fire of anymore guns or open anymore doors. Now that I know there are guards out there who won’t hesitate to shoot.” She turned to look back to her with a curious look on her face. “Why didn’t you shoot me? What stopped you? I mean clearly you’re different. You don’t belong in here anymore than I do.” Magan was afraid, but she was also a caring person. Natalie did seem so out of place here. For now, she was someone Magan could talk to and feel normal again, if only for a short while.

Natalie bites the inside of her cheek. "Well, you weren't a threat to me, there're patients here that will rip your throat out unless you do something about it, so I saw that you weren't going to do that." She explains. "Therefore if you aren't a threat it'd be a needless waste of human life to kill you." She says.

She walks back over to the wall they had been sitting against just a few minutes before, sitting down against it with her knees in front of her. "I guess I don't belong here.. Though there isn't much I can do about it mind you." She says with the shake of her head. "Like I said, get yourself into Cell Block A and your troubles will vanish into thin air, I'm sure if they can prevent wolves from opening their mouths to bite they can prevent your magic." She says. "But I can't promise you it'll be painless, they might do things to you, poke and prod you until you break, I don't know." She admits.

Natalie had been nothing but hones to her. Magan had no reason to doubt her words. Pain. The word struck fear deep within her heart instantly, and Natalie has just said she couldn’t promise her it would be painless. Images of doctors in white lab coats standing over her with needles and masks covering their faces while she was strapped down to a table hooked up to various machines came to her mind. They wanted to know what made her special. She could see instruments, shiny tools of destruction and agony on tables. Quickly she wiped away a stray tear with her back turned to Natalie. Two ways out and neither of looked better than the other.

“I’m never getting out of here. I’ll die in this place. You don’t..have..to say anything. I know. I use to think the animals knew on the day of slaughter what was going to happen to them. To me, they looked sad. They walked slow. This is my pen, and they’ll herd me into..a slaughter house..of pain..and experiements..one day. “ Her hand and forehead rested on the glass. She thought for a moment about making it vanish, but there was Natalie, so close and with her gun. It would be pointless. By the time the glass vanished, Natalie could have fired, and Magan knew she couldn’t stop the bullet fast enough. By the time she focused on it, it would have pierced her skin. “If you need to go, I understand,” she told her, the gears in her mind working. “I’m sure you have other duties here, but know this. You really don’t belong here. You might lose everything if you leave, but if you stay, you will lose who you are. That’s far more important than material possessions, Natalie, because who you are, as far as I can see, is a wonderful person. You’re someone better than this place.”

Natalie watches the witch, listening to her words before giving her a curt nod. "I'll see what I can do.. I have other duties to attend, a Pyro Witch has to get settled and I suppose I'm the best one for the job.. According to command at least." She explains. "So if I don't come back from Cell Block C.. Good luck, Magan." She says.

She pulls the witch into a hug for just a moment before leaving the room, the cell door locks behind her. She walks down the hallway to Cell Block C's elevator, walking inside and pressing the down button. She takes a deep breath before the doors close.

[Depart to Cell Block C]

Amid the warmth of her embrace, Magan found sadness. Natalie has said if she didn’t come back from Cell Block C. If. That implied she might not. Magan wondered would she ever see her again. She pulled her close, clinging to her like she was the last shred of decency she would ever encounter. As Natalie pulled away and headed for the door she whispered, “Thank you. For everything. Take care of yourself Natalie.”

She wasn’t sure how much she had heard as she left her there alone and with her thoughts again. The words started to form in her mind. ‘Lock….no. Cell Block A, and I can’t get there..if I keep getting out. Think about home. Think about..Natalie. A friend. Think of good things. Not..this..place.’ She sank back down to the floor opposite the glass, looking out at the hall for a moment. “Fish in a fish bowl. And here we have a witch. This white haired witch possess the power to move objects with her mind. If she can see it or hear it, she can move it. Her potion skills are terrible, but she can cast a good spell if her intent is right. Beware. Now lets move on to our next exhibit,” she stated flatly to no one at all before curling up tightly. Thoughts of home flooded her mind. She could smell fresh laundry drying outside and hear her father calling to her. ‘Jinx! Come on girl. Chickens need feeding. Come on babygirl. Let’s go.’ She gave in once more to the onslaught of tears as she curled up even tighter.

Name: Rufio Arellano
Tag: Nysali, Jinx, open.

Elevator. Rufio didn’t give Nysa any space once the doors slid shut. He wrapped an arm low about her waist as if they were long time lovers, smirking down at her as his hand fiddling with her rear, groping it quite lewdly. There was no reason for it, only simply because he could. He acted like he owned her and her body, which was quite ravishing. In that short elevator ride, as he did many times before, he took full liberties with Nysali’s body. And when the doors open, there was a resounding smack as he slapped her rear and pushed her forward.

Just the usual.

Cell Block B had a whole different vibe to it than Block C, which Rufio hoped he would not have to attend again. For one, it didn’t smell as bad. And secondly, it was full of much more willing patients. “What’s this idiot’s case number?” He inquired of Nysa as they came to the cell of one Jinx Ballentyne. Unlike Rupi he didn’t bother to memorize any details from their files. He came to the glass panel that revealed the interior of the cell, barely a few minutes after Natalie Dayton had departed from it.

Had Rufio known the guard was consorting with a patient in the way she did, he would have quickly had her rank revoked and busted her down to private.

“Look at this one. Seems like you got competition. She’s prettier than you.” Rufio remarked as he stared through the glass at the blonde woman inside, curled up and weeping. Pathetic. But it was also how Rufio liked his pets. “She looks scared. If she closes in on herself, you’ll use your voice to bring her back out. Got it?” He told Nysa, giving her a firm stare. “Now open the door. It’s time to introduce myself and start this…physical.” He said, savouring the word with a lick of his lips in a sadistic manner, giving the girl inside the cell a look before moving to enter.

Tags: Rufio Arellano, Nysali

The door opened, and instantly she thought Natalie had come back. Slowly she lifted her head from the safety of her arms to see the man and woman coming in. Fear struck her immediately. She didn’t know who these people were, and more importantly, there were two of them and only one of her. Jinx quickly scrambled backwards until she was snuggly wedged in the corner of the room. Her blue eyes fixated on him first. There was something unsettling about this situation. This man had not spoken to her yet. Was he like Natalie? Was he one of the ones that was hired to be cruel? ‘No,’ she thought. ‘They’re all in Cell Block C. Right? Natalie did say….she couldn’t promise it wouldn’t be painless. Is this….pain?’

Her eyes moved to the girl with him. Jinx didn’t know what to make of her either. At this point in her life, she had grown up knowing who she could trust. New people were a rare thing for her. Even in the best of circumstances, it was difficult to read people, but here? This place only complicated things. The girl hadn’t spoken either. She had simply entered with him. ‘She works with him. Has to, and she’s….she’s….I don’t know.’

Swallowing she returned her gaze back to him. Jinx pressed her back harder into the wall, as if she could somehow crawl into it. She had to know. The wondering what kind of people they were had to stop. Though her heart was pounding, and a lump had formed in her throat, Jinx had to know were they friends or foes. ‘Be strong,’ her grandmother’s voice came to her. ‘You can do….anything you want my darling. You….are stronger….than you know.’ They were echoing words, and they were all she had to hold on to right now. “W-What do you want,” she asked quietly, her voice barely above a whisper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom