Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Skies of Arcadia! OOC

ALL PLAYERS ARE PART OF THE BLUE ROGUES. BLUE ROGUES ONLY ATTACK SHIPS BETTER ARMED AND LARGER THEN THEM. Basically they only attack the Valun armada or other 'bad guy' type ships. They ignore fishing boats and other ships. But to be honest only 'bad guy' type ships are profitable anyways. The Valun empire is using it's Armada to try and take over the world. The blue Rogues oppose this and try to harass the Valun Armada as much as possible.

The Valun leaders want to find the Six lost sacred moonstones to unseal a super weapon and take over the world. YOU want to find those moonstones first because they are super freaking valuable.

Arcadia has DUNGEONS full of monsters, treasures, and is key to advancing the plot. But since this is not a video game I'm trying to make this more about exploration then combat.

The plot! You are all blue rogues or are recruited by blue rogues to find the legendary moon crystals before the Valun Armada or anyone else.

I think Shiho's character would be the best lead we have on the actual existence of the moon crystals. I feel like no one else in the party would really even know about them, in the beginning. Perhaps her research leads her to the location of one, and everyone else is either in it for the money, adventure, or in Tempest's case, to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands?

Which ship? Tempests ship is 'The Houston', which I assume is going to be destroyed/captured or something, to give him reason to join up with everyone else. I don't mind whatever happens to it, really.

.............Dunno if that will fit with my theme per say, linked to the Blue Rogues based on the flavor of this character and seeing as I envisioned him as a free bird not being tied to an organization cramps the style of this individual. Already see Gunnar morality wise in the middle between Blue Rogues and Black pirates...afraid might have to bow out. Had it been expressed from the start it that I had to be aligned to them, probably would have skipped it. Its your roleplay and whatnot so don't think its me harping on making this the plotline; simply sounds like Gunnar wouldn't care much for this. We all have our preferences after all

Is it really a problem? Is being a blue rogue THAT much different from being a mercenary?

To be fair, this is a group rp, so I was expecting having to sacrifice a little bit of freedom to fit into said group, thats pretty normal for rp's actually, making sure your character fits with the group. I see being part of the blue rogues just as a common background, so the characters have a reason to band together, its not that it will drastically change the game, not when the focus is on exploration / dungeon delving as Zeth mentioned somewhere.

But of course, if thats your opinion, I will respect that, just trying to offer a different perspective is all. Sad to see you go.

Seeing as I applied myself as the Sky captain....it makes a difference versus say being simply the crew member. We all have preferences and I prefer not to sully the experience for everyone. Ideas were already in place how we know each other, it will drastically change the experience for me knowing in my head feel railroaded partially .Again just one person, Tempest can easily be rewritten as the Captain, its no biggie. To answer your question yes, it is. A pirate plungers for treasure, saying I can only target certain ships changes alot..In all case he said we are all Blue Rogues and told cannot even consider Merchant ships an option drowns my enthusiasm for pirates can do stuff like that without necessarily killing people.

Obvious not as versed in this setting, knowing only some of the material.

Sanoci said:
.............Dunno if that will fit with my theme per say, linked to the Blue Rogues based on the flavor of this character and seeing as I envisioned him as a free bird not being tied to an organization cramps the style of this individual. Already see Gunnar morality wise in the middle between Blue Rogues and Black pirates...afraid might have to bow out. Had it been expressed from the start it that I had to be aligned to them, probably would have skipped it. Its your roleplay and whatnot so don't think its me harping on making this the plotline; simply sounds like Gunnar wouldn't care much for this. We all have our preferences after all

From what I'd heard the Blue Rogues are generally sort of a more open people connected by ideals rather than an organization or a faction. It depends more on how a character views those principles rather than going by word of particular law.

I'm alright with stretching the exact specifics from the game to fit the strengths of the group anyway. There are probably some details attuned more to fitting the protagonists rather than a powerful world that can be adapted, or on another hand it's likely that we could fit a broader moral compass into whatever restrains exist.

With regards to the moon crystals idea, I can probably go on an expedition of sorts in the hopes that whoever had dad's papers will be thinking the same, thus making it a connection between the two. That plot will work from a motivation point o/

ALSO OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF - My mom is taking my family out to vacation tomorrow. I'll be a little bit busy, my other RPs could take a bit more time but I'll try to get something done on this one while I can since it's a group one o/

Do recall my guy's principles are aligned more to a boisterous hedonist and their exact principle is attack just the Armada and black pirates. We shall see but that post has murdered much of my motivation for playing in this, but note I did not say nonexistent.

Black Pirates are more your old fashioned Pirate, and I think their end of the spectrum fits Gunnar decently enough. They have essentially no boundaries, and do whatever the heck they want, when they want. They aren't evil per say, but they definitely aren't good either.

Why couldn't Gunnar simply be a black pirate who is interested in the possibility of a hefty reward for helping find whatever it is Shiho is looking for? It could be explained that his ship is the only one available for hire and/or he could lie and "pretend" to be a blue rogue (at least for the duration of this job) in order to put his foot in the door. This could mean that his black pirate tendencies can come to light later on, and it'd create a neat little subplot full of drama, and good opportunities for character development for everyone. Who knows, maybe Gunnar decides his time spent with the others gives him a different perspective on life, and he eventually develops into a blue rogue? Maybe through him, he brings forth temporary union between black pirates and blue rogues in order to fight against the tyranny of Valua, to stop them from destroying the world? Perhaps throughout the course of our story, the very definition of what it means to be an air pirate of either flavor is changed, due to the world events. There are endless possibilities, and I'd dearly love to see what could happen. Just my two cents. <3

I told everyone at the beginning they are going to be blue rouges and here we go with the special exceptions request. Fine you're playing a black pirate out for loot, Sanoci. With that settled let us begin.

Did not ask for exceptions and again you are labeling me.. I said I was more in the middle. Made my decision clearer now, enjoy the roleplay everyone and sorry for the distraction. Certain can find a Captain more aligned to this world.

Also I'm leaving in about an hour but I'll try to get an introductory post in before we go.

In the interests of doing this efficiently, my post will imply Shiho and Lelith were acquainted prior to joining Tempest's ship. If this is an issue, let me know and we can discuss it when I return.

And Zeth, my post ended up with a few larger establishment-based points as well, so hopefully they're workable for the plot as a whole. From this it seems like the towns will be quite busy though. Let me know if it's a bit much o/

Roger that, Zeth.

Also, sorry if my post was vague about the ship. I wasn't sure whos we were sailing on, so I purposely tried to be vague about it, without sounding like a dumdum.

Zeth. Regarding combat stuff. Can we wait until everyone has described their turn before you work out the results, and then do it all in one post?

I'm concerned that if we continue like this its going to turn into a mess of little one liner posts, and we wont be able to find heads or tails of anything.

Just to keep things organized.

Erinye said:
Zeth. Regarding combat stuff. Can we wait until everyone has described their turn before you work out the results, and then do it all in one post?

I'm concerned that if we continue like this its going to turn into a mess of little one liner posts, and we wont be able to find heads or tails of anything.

Just to keep things organized.

I'll admit part of that was my fault. I had actually argued for the opposite in chat, and also wanted to see my roll before I went to bed last night. But I can see how this would get real redundant, real fast. Though I think for that to work, we really will have to invoke turn order (I know Zeth said only the first battle is going out of order so I supposed that's a moot point.) That way, whenever the "final results," come out, if an enemy/monster/mook group fully dies on Y person's turn, X persons action who was after never actually happens.

All that aside, I have a question regarding a different issue. How long are we letting absences go when it comes to things? Since this is a system roleplay, people really need to be around for their dice rolls, even aside from being active parts of the story.

I'm trying to figure out how I should go about posting in this combat. I don't want to do one thing, and it end up derailing the combat somehow. How do I know -when- I should be posting Tempest's action?

normally everyone gpoes in turn order by Quickness. RAUK p0ost now since you are on now though! Erinye post now since you are on now! Then Shiho can post when she gets on.

I have a question though.

I designed my character to be quick and agile, but will she actually be able to fight very well without having the forcefull approach.

Back
Top Bottom