Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

Elaya nodded watching the sorceress, then whistled. "impressive."

She watched the cat, then smiled. "Alright. i'll watch Sir Fluffface. but you owe me lunch."

She reached down and scratched under his chin, then resumed watching the rain fall, now in the forest. She actually liked rain, but she had to admit he also liked that no one would get zapped now.

Still she stayed in place and watched it wash over the trees. Oddly enough the lightning stopped now, though she knew creatures must be moving through the trees. "Little bugger made so it only struck near buildings. Clever. and wicked. If it wouldn't make you sick i'd have you eat him sweety."

~

Narxis watched her, then gently touched her back. "I'll make you breakfast. I'll be right back."

He leaned up and kissed her temple. He would never know why, but he felt right about it. He then gently pushed her back against the pillows and tucked her in.

He loved being what he was, but he hated his brethren. And never more so than today. Still demonic nature had it's uses. When he got downstairs two bowls were pouring batter onto superheated griddles. The batter was thick and perfect, with chocolate throughout. He dotted each with bits of berry and fruit slices, then flipped them, then served them up after pouring a large helping of blueberry syrup and melted chocolate onto them. he also got her milk, and brought the large tray up with a fork and butter knife, and syrup bottle.

"Milady. Breakfast is served."

He had also put a single black rose in a small vase on the tray. He lay the tray on the bed, then put the vase on the night stand. the rose exploded into several dozen black buds. He nodded toward them. "In memorium to your friend."

Arya looked up and over to him as he touched her back, feeling oddly exposed to him in her vulnerable state. And yet all last night and this morning he took no advantages, made no advances. He was the first demon she had met who did not try something nefarious when they found something weak and exposed. Perhaps she had just been meeting the wrong crowd.

Curled into the bed, she lay on her side, feeling the odd emptiness of him not being in the bed with her. It stroked her as odder still that she cared, or even noticed his absence. Perhaps it was the cold mattress, or how the blankets didn't hug her like his arms did. Still, she tried to shake the feeling off, knowing it was not of her nature, but of the part of her she liked to ignore. She didn't want to miss his touch, or his presence. She was a lone wolf, and she always had been. So why was he getting under her skin?

When the door creaked open her eyes moved to look towards Narxis, seeing a platter. Before he had even set it down she smelt it and her mouth watered, her eyes lighting up.

"I shouldn't have told you," she murmured, sitting up rather quickly and shuffling back for the tray to be put down. She ignored the syrup, grabbing a giant forkful and popping it into her mouth with a moan. Swallowing it she went for another, the color coming back into her cheeks as she took a second bite and murmured, "But thank you."

As she chewed her second bite she looked at the rose, watching it before turning her eyes up to Narxis. Why was he doing all this for her? After everything yesterday, she thought it be obvious that Arya wasn't worth the hassle for anyone, unless they willingly wanted a death sentence. She looked down and took another bite, internally scowling at herself for thinking such things. Her brother had never wanted death, and neither had Octavia. Death simply followed Arya, and in its wake people got...hurt. But Narxis was only trying to ease the pain of Octavia's death, right? Arya was sure that was it, that he simply felt bad for the woman before him who had lost everything. It stung thinking of it this way, but she felt it made sense. And it made her accept that fact that within a few days he would be gone. They would kill the bastards responsible, and he would go off with his group and she...well Arya didn't dwell on where she would go. She had no where to go. She would just travel, to wherever felt fit.

"Thank you for the kind gestures," she whispered, feeling it was right to at least thank him for all he did. She had to say, since getting here he'd pulled out more thank you's from her than she had probably uttered in her life time. Hell, he had pulled out more words from her too than most could.

"Here," she offered the next bite to him, trying to not look like a pig, "It's delicious."

He smirked and took the bite, watching her as he chewed. It meant little to him, but the kindness in her sharing meant much.

He reached up and gently swiped some chocolate from her cheek. "So you know... you are welcome to come with us when we leave."

He had no doubt that despondency might strike her at anytime, and had been waiting until she was at least smiling to offer this.

He held open his hands. "No conditions or expectations. But you would be welcome."

He doubted she would believe at first, but the offer was sincere. Elaya had even commented on getting both Octavia and Arya to join the group. Now both he and Elaya felt they had to at least offer Arya a place with them. She deserved more but they could not push her too much.

He smiled at the flowers. "Makes me miss Reynault. He was a good friend. Nothing like your Octavia of course, but still a good friend." He watched the flowers as they seemed to sigh then expand somewhat at the comment.

She watched him eat slowly, somehow looking good while doing it. She couldn't blame him though, Narxis indeed had a handsome figure, one that only a couple days prior she wanted to explore. Now that option was quite up for discussion, but at least they had gotten over what had happened. Her eyes moved to his lips, watching them smirk at her as he chewed, struck by how sexy such a small movement could be. Oddly she started to think of what it might be like to kiss those lips again, just as he bent over and swiped some chocolate off her cheek, popping his finger into his mouth to lick it off. Such an innocent gesture and yet she felt a little taken aback by it, her cheeks warmer only briefly as she watched and an image smearing chocolate on those finely toned abs, only to lick every inch of it off...fuck sakes, what the hell was she doing?! She looked down quickly, wondering where that thought had come from, or any of those thoughts. He's just a guy. Just a demon. You're just upset, looking for something to take your mind off things and he's around. It means nothing. Your worked up over nothing...

Her thoughts were forgotten though as his voice pulled her attention, speaking of coming with them. Of course it was nothing more than a gesture, so as to not feel guilty for walking away when all of this was over. They'd never actually want me. Destroying, causing chaos, killing at will. I'd be a hassle. Besides, the angel has no want for me, nor I for him.

She said none of this, only nodding and returning to her breakfast, not wanting to spoil the mood. She needed to get her mind off her thoughts though, as they seemed to be spiraling between a foul depression and a horniness she dare not admit to.

"Whose Reynault?" she asked, thankful a conversation point came up that felt safe.

"He was a member of our group. A vampire. Very old. Good hunter, decent fighter. Nickens' golem killed him and our goddess companion. Minor river goddess named Duldrea. Died not long before you and Octavia arrived."

He studied her face for a moment. "That's why this battle is so personal for us. They took our friend, killed two others, then they attacked more, and killed a newly made friend."

He lay his fingers on her hand. "We want them dead just as much as you do Arya." He wiped his lips daintily with a napkin, yet somehow the movement was masculine and powerful.

"Would you like to come with us?" he could almost smell her doubt of the offer.

She listened, intrigued to find out she wasn't the only one to loose a friend to this...Nickens man. The more she thought about it, the more she grew angry.

"So why haven't we attacked yet?" she asked, and something flickered across her eyes, her voice growing more powerful. Her meal was finished and she moved the tray to stand, her head reaching no taller than his chest, "Why are we waiting? Let's take this asshole out. Teach him his overdue lesson."

She moved past him to the dresser, grabbing her clothes he had cleaned. She didn't even think twice as she dropped the robe, revealing her nude body and began pulling on her clothes, all the while her anger grew. She almost missed his question in her haze and it made her spin around, snapping without meaning to.

"I can't think about right now! Who cares if I come with you or not Narxis?! You know who? No one! No one in your group likes me. And I don't care! All I care about is killing this ass and avenging my friend! I don't care if I don't have anyone on my side. I don't care if I have no friends! I don't care if no one wants me...I don't...I don't care..."

She broke down, shaking as she collapsed to the floor and starting screaming into her hands, hiding the tears.

"I'm not suppose to care!" she screamed, not looking at him but the ceiling, "I'm not suppose to feel pain...I don't want to. I don't want to feel anything!"

He watched her silently until she was on the floor. Then he reached down and gripped her gently, and put her back on the bed.

He waited until her screams had dulled enough to be heard then he spoke. "We have not attacked because this rainstorm is an unnatural shield. And would give even you trouble. And we are waiting for the right moment. Then you and i will fly down upon them and wreak terrible vengeance. We will wade in their blood and celebrate their pain and damnation."

He gently cupped her chin and made her look into his eyes which burned with golden flames. "We will take joy in their deaths Arya. I promise you that."

He would alert her to her mistake later. Right now he needed both to delay her, but also to fuel her rage.

"Elaya has a plan, of which you are a major part. We wait. Then we strike. Without hesitation or mercy."

She felt him move her but the numbness had come back and she could care less where he put her. When her screams of anguish and rage stopped, is when he should have worried. Yet he spoke, and she listened, her eyes drying, her mouth set in a firm line.

"They will die," she growled, her eyes turning dark red, fueled by a thirst for blood as her body stopped shaking, "Every last one."

She was on the brink, and all she had to do was step over, all she had to do was shut the door and let her bloodlust control everything. No more pain, no more suffering. Not for me anyways. And she didn't want it. Didn't need her humanity. She never did.

"Where has it gotten me?" she snapped, to herself and not to him, "What did it ever do for me? A few bittersweet memories and long days and nights of agony. It's worthless."

She stood, pulling away from him, as she coaxed herself, "Turn it off. Kill. Kill everything."

He watched her calmly. "Not yet Arya. Now might be best for resting. And if you are ready I still have those maps and such for you to look at. Are you ready?"

he studied her carefully. "You have one whole section of the ranch with only you and me. I'm your air support and backup. Any objection?"

She turned and faced him, her nostrils flaring, "Not yet? Why? Why not? Hell, it beats feeling like this."

She stepped forward suddenly, grabbing a chair at a small desk in the corner and throwing it at the far wall, smashing it, "That's how I feel. A million fucking little pieces. But no, Narxis you think I should hold off. Gotta plan right? Here's a fucking plan! Murder everyone. Let their whole little ranch burn!"

Her eyes had grown darker, the mad bloodlust seeping in, threatening to take over.

"I don't want to feel like this!" she yelled, stabbing her chest with her finger, "I don't want to feel alone, or confused! Or feel like my whole world is ending because I fucked up! I don't want to feel conflicted because I keep having these weird feelings for a guy a day after my best friend died!"

It was out there now but it didn't matter any longer to Arya. Her eyes glazed for a moment and a feral growl left her lips. She was gone.

"I don't need any of you," her voice grew darker, her canines flashing, "I'll take them on myself."

She flashed forward, storming down the steps, her brain so fueled with hate and the need to kill she had forgotten his warning about the lightning. As she threw the door open, all she saw was rain and bolted out. Not even two steps out it struck her, sending her flying back into the house, her head slamming into the staircase. Lightning could kill her, as nothing short of an angelic blade could. But it had hit her in the chest, and the skin there was black from burning. Not that she knew. Arya had been knocked unconscious by the hit to the stairs, and both wounds would render her that way till next morning, when she would awake healed and ready for a fight.

Narxis let her rage.

He picked her up and took her up to the bed, healed the wound, and fed her some blood. He then sat by the window and read until dark.

~

Elaya played some with the kids, fed Rhagheal, helped the farmers design a new drainage trench, then got Amitiel to quick cut it for them. Now it was feeding the forest flow into the craters the recent battles had created, making several ponds, including a large one in the field. The cows were delighted by this and bathed in the pond, lowing happily.

The Rythert cleared each pond so they would remain clean and fresh, and would turn away dangerous or dirty creatures and bacteria.

Elaya felt rather useless, but she rested and enjoyed the day, keeping Rhaeghal company.

Lairia didn't emerge till dinner, and after so she promptly went back to room. Jamie did appear around evening time too, giving word to Elaya that the troops were ready to go. After giving news he grabbed whatever leftover food there was before settling for the night in the barn.

~

When morning came Lairia was the first up, preparing a large breakfast for everyone to enjoy. She cheated a little with her magic, so by the time everyone woke there was indeed a feast.

"The sky cleared overnight," she explained, looking to Elaya as she came in, "Good morning by the way. I made food for everyone, so we can all be on our best strengths. I made enough for even your appetite Elaya, so please enjoy. The juice has a tonic in there that helps heal any small wounds, bruises, or the like. I hoped it would help us feel our best. I do hope I didn't overstep."

Elaya shook her head. "No. You're fine."

She took the woman's hand. "Thank you. Now go spend some time with Rhaeghal. meditate. Whatever you do before battle."

Elaya said this with a touch of hardness in her voice, but her eyes were soothing. Blood was soon to flow. Let everyone prepare as they might.

She ate quickly, then began to give orders. She looked to the sky frequently, but soon she had little choice but to set everyone to their tasks.

~

Narxis distracted Arya by plying her with fresh hearts, knowing her need for blood and revenge would see to her attention on the targets.

~

Kai was already within the ranch, while Lodestone was locked down, no one in or out until the battle ended.

~

The farmers hid in their basement with the kids, playing games and singing.

Elaya got Gerry to a good position in front of the ranch house with all of his weapons and gear. The Rythert were at the base of his tree, waiting for the battle to commence. They bore no armor but held wicked looking daggers with wavy clear blades.

Elaya found Lairia. "Are you ready? He's got so much magic waiting for you it makes my teeth itch."

Lairia did not need any more meditation, but to ease Elaya's mind she took it. Jamie was at the ready, waiting on word from Elaya, and Rhaegal was to be locked in Lairia's room, safe from harm.

Meanwhile Arya was locked within the house, ready to kill. The only thing keeping her in place was the fresh kills, but the more she ate, the more she wished to kill.

"Let me at them!" she screamed quite a few times, but Narxis' boundary spells had activated, keeping her locked within the walls.

Elaya took the sorceress's hand. "For Rey."

She leaned over and kissed the woman's cheek, the scooped her up and ran. They arrived in moments. She set the sorceress down. "You do what you need to do."

She ran off and spoke to Jaimie. "When the barrier comes down or you can see the fires about it, begin your attack. Stay away from the southeast. You don't want to be anywhere near it. And Jaimie. Thank you."

She took his hand and shook it, then took off again. She stopped in the yard. "Narxis! Let her go! Arya! Octavia is watching! Make her proud!"

She left again stopping under the tree. She whistled. And Gerry began to fire.

~

Narxis gripped Arya's wrist. "You will wait until I drop you into their midst. Then you will feast."

He wrapped her up as he manifested, this time in full armor, and flew out the door. They did not have Elaya's speed, but it took only a few minutes to reach the ranch. They veered to the southeast, where true to the plan, Jeziah's fires were still raging and large crews of men fought the fires and tried to work the fields.

Narxis leaned in close to her ear. "I count one hundred and seventy eight of them. They are your my beauty. Have at them. Their hearts are yours. FEAST!!"

As he roared the last he released her like a living bomb into their midst, while hellfire sprouted up, creating a wall to contain them. He also drew his blades and fought off the swarms of demons who rushed into the sky to slay him, leaving her with her armed humanoid targets. Vampires, weres, humans, and so many more, all waiting for her.

~

Jaimie had the somewhat larger force, and these were mounted, but they did not have the demonic protection the others did. The bulk of those forces were within the house. Or had been until Gerry started shooting.

He had begun with a special treat. A grenade launcher with gas grenades. Gas created by the boiling of holy water. he had no clue why it worked, but the demons screamed in pain, gagged, vomited, and tore at themselves desperate to escape.

Elaya held the Rythert back while Amitiel circled the tree, fending off fliers, their bodies falling like the rain yesterday.

Elaya looked at Lairia, waiting for the barrier to either break or fail, trusting her to handle this.

Arya felt the air whipping past her face as the ground came to meet her, but it would never hit. As she fell she let herself turn to smoke, and her smoke turn to hound. Her howl was that of all the pain and torment they had caused her, plus all the rage she would let loose on them. And she did. While others had their battles, Arya swept her region clean, clawing, tearing, devouring and maiming her targets, letting those she had not reach reached suffocate on her shadows, all of them dying horribly painful deaths. She ate at their flesh and their hearts, until none was left and she stood tall on a pile of her bodies, a signature of hers that seemed to be reflex even in those mood.

She looked up, seeing the demons swarming Narxis and howled again, begging the legions to descend on her and try at their hand to stop her. She felt invincible. And she felt hungry, her lust far from staved.

~

Lairia could feel the barrier swaying, but that wasn't going good enough for Lairia. She pushed back against it, the stone glowing on her breast as she felt it crumple.

"It's coming apart!" she yelled, seeing the men inside, all standing at the ready. She prayed Jamie and his army was ready, for this was going to be one hell of a battle.

She continued working on the barrier, even as horns sounded, signalling the start of this war. And then, from far across the fields she saw something she couldn't believe.

"Elaya," she breathed, pointing with one hand. There at the door to the ranch stood Nickens...and someone in a clocked hood, their face masked. Something scared Lairia about the masked figure, but what worried her more was...Ebony. She stood there, at the hooded figures side, looking fierce.

"It's Ebony. Who is that that has her?"

~

The funeral had been lovely, yet sad. Octavia had been given the proper ritual passing, one fit for a dragon as she was. When the ceremonies were over, Jeziah and Sera stayed for one night as to be polite to their hosts, before taking off early the next morning.

Within two nights Seraphina had grown quite a few years. She had easily jumped from her twelve/thirteen year old self to a very sassy fifteen year old who only spoke in mutters and snaps. Thankfully the dragons understood the rebirth process, and Sera held her tongue through the funeral.

By the next morning the girl had mostly filled out, her young face looking distinctly seventeen, maybe even on the verge of eighteen. And after a very long lecture with a few of the oldest dragons and some of Octavia’s relatives the day before, Sera seemed to have been set straight…mostly. She no longer spoke of revenge, but Jeziah noticed the rapid change in moods, like someone hit a switch. That morning she had been happy to leave, and by the time they actually flew off her impatience had made her angry. He noted to himself to warn Elaya, but the small altar in her personality was not as big as he feared, and it was something they could live with.

What he was excited for was how close they were to the end of her rebirthing. At her age now, by the next day she would be full grown and her memories would come. Sometimes they lagged a day or two behind, but he was hopeful. He knew Elaya would be thrilled to, and so they sped back, eager to get back to base.

When they got close enough to Lodestone both Phoenix’s began to dip in the sky, aiming to dive down and land within the clearing they left, dress, and find their way to the ranch. Jeziah flew underneath Sera by several feet, letting her soar through the clouds as he watched below, waiting to give the signal to descent. When they neared he let out a soft cry and dipped low, seeing her come through the clouds. They continued to dive at an easy pace, and Sera remained slightly above and behind him, a better vantage for her so that their wings did not get caught. As they sweeped low above the forest nestled between Golden Hills and Lodestone, Jeziah let out another cry, speaking in the tongue of Phoenix’s to stay low, out of sight of the town or the ranch.

It was a mistake he didn’t realize he was making until it was too late. As Sera dipped lower, brushing his wings, he heard a war cry from below and a sound of a gun, before net came flying from the trees, twinning around Sera’s legs and forcing her down, pulling her from the air. Jeziah acted on instinct, turning sharply and diving straight down to her. He couldn’t grip the net with his talons though and risk cutting her so he became fire, slithering across her to her legs and trying to burn the rope, which was obviously heat resistant. As he wrestled with it they plummeted, and he could see the trees coming up for impact all too quickly. With one last pull he freed the rope and turned quickly back to his bird form, trying to fly as Sera caught herself and soared higher, quickly trying to get away.

It was too late for him though. Even as his wings grew he hit the trees, knocking him so hard he lost his concentration. The rope remained wrapped around his hand as he fell, his half bird shape a blur of fire until he hit the ground.

“We got her!” someone yelled, footsteps crashing through the trees, “We got the girl!”

“What about the male?”

“Nickens said let him go back. News of her capture will rattle them, maybe make them rethink attacking, C’mon, let’s bottle this bird and get back.”

Jeziah looked up to the sky, seeing Sera flying in circles, calling down to him. He had a choice. And he made it. Shrinking his size down until he looked barely half his normal strength or size, he rolled in the dirt, pretending to fight the net. Twelve men came crashing through the trees, four with a large jar on a wagon, the other eight with guns and spears, ready to fight.

“Put her in the jar, so she gets weak.”

Go Sera! Go back to Elaya! he cried at her in shrill shrieks, seeing her circle one last time before flying off.

The men tossed water on him, making him steam before they picked him up and tossed him in the person sized jar, their gloves all heat resistant. He didn’t fight, nor try to escape. He needed them to focus on him, to get as far away as she could.

Suddenly a horn in the distance sounded, a sound of war.

“Shit, they are attacking!” one yelped, and another cried, “What was the point of this?! We need to get back to help Nickens!”

“What about the wagon?” one exclaimed as the men all started to run off.

“Leave it,” one yelled, “She’s as good as dead in there. One less asshole to fight.”

They scampered off, and Jeziah waited till they were well out of sight before he brought all his flame to life, shattering the glass through heat alone. It exhausted him to do so, but the fresh air was what he needed as he shakily got up and turned to flame, racing after the men. As long as Sera was heading to the ranch house, she was safe. He needed to be there for the final battle, to kill the bastards who almost ended his baby sister. He sped ahead, burning the men even as they ran. And when he arrived he did not take shape, staying in his firey form one step from flesh, allowing him to speak in a raspy voice as he stepped in beside Elaya.

"She's safe," he promised, skipping the hello's, "Where do you need me?"

Elaya could smell the blood coming from Arya's direction. Then she smelt something else and gave a howl.

~

Narxis' head snapped around, then he ducked under a blow, gutted the attacker, then leaped over three more blades, then decapitated the fools swinging them.

Then he burst forth with a great ball of black evil energy that forced even the demons back. He pointed down at Arya and snarled. "You are not done hound! Kill them all!"

Before she could speak, trapdoors, trenches, and other burrows fell open and more beings came spilling out, rushing toward Arya, screaming and cursing. They were armored, and some bore weapons. not true angelic weapons but they might be able to harm her. Narxis had warned her of Astaroth's fake.

~

Jaimie's opponents fled from his charge, horrified at the sight of slavering madness coming for their blood.

Even other vampires could not stand before them.

~

Elaya noted the sight and snarled in rage. "That's Tatia."

The Rythert spoke up. "It cannot be!"

Elaya snarled again. "I know that girl. Get her. Lairia!" She pointed as the wild magician mounted the roof and began to fire lightning at the angel about.

Elaya called something up to Gerry who began to shoot for real now.

As she called she saw the flash of flame and her heart leaped. Then Jeziah was there. She grabbed him. "Get Seraphina to cover! Then I need fire. All sorts of fire. Burn that fucking building down now!!"

The Rythert looked confused and she hissed. "Stop standing around. Go get her!"

They blinked, looked at each other, then vanished.

Elaya wasn't worried as she peeled off her shirt and bra, then kicked off her pants.

Before Lairia or Jeziah could ask why, she transformed.

Not into her wolf form, or even her were form but some massive and monstrous. It had to be ten feet tall and muscles bulged almost hideously all over it's body. It's fangs were more than foot long.

Weres before them screamed and began to flee. "IT"S THE BLOODRAGE!! THE BLOODRAGE OF THE METUZI!!! FLY YOU FOOLS!!"

She howled and leapt forward. She did not have her usual speed, but she was still quick and fast, but more importantly she was strong. So very strong. She grabbed a whole wagon filled with powder kegs and hurled it at the magician and only by throwing himself nearly off the roof did it miss him it came so fast.

~

Nickens was screaming for someone to kill the wolf, and shouting at Tatia to do something about the fucking wolf, and shoving Ebony out of his way. He called for Nix as he fled into the house, ignoring calls for help.

~

Elaya was a a hurricane of death. nothing within ten feet of her survive, except the horses oddly enough. They fled her presence instantly, while the grass beneath became mired with blood and red mud.

~

Kai suddenly appeared behind Tatia and before she could react he grabbed Ebony and she took off past the battle, trying to claw at him as he shifted forms quicker than quicker.

She would stop beside Lairia, with a collar and a chain to the tree, raging for her mother, but not large enough to break free. Though it mattered little.

Tatia did not have time to follow any of Nickens' orders when two shimmering figures burst forth from the wall in an explosion of plaster and clay, grabbed her and without delay, threw themselves out the door and down. Into the the suddenly flowing river. Which was somehow thick with salt.

They held her deep in the water, which was not moving somehow, and as they lay there a woman arose from the water's depths, her face beautiful yet sad, and cupped Tatia's face. "Come home little one."

Then she was gone, and the water was running behind the large house, away from the battle into the large reservoir that supplied it.

~

Nix screamed and rushed into the battle, still wingless, swinging a pair of heavy maces with ease. He brought them together on Elaya's head. He laughed.

Until he realized that she had allowed him to do so. The maces were now ruined masses of flaked metal. She snarled and slashed out with her claws and his arms fell away from his body. Then she slashed his chest several times, ignoring his screams, throwing him toward the Lairia.

The fool landed at her feet blubbering and screaming in pain, bleeding heavily, but the message still clear on his chest. "KILLED REY"

Elaya was screaming with rage now, killing weres, vamps, humans, fae, demons, and anything else that came near her. And every wound she received healed in moments. She was a beserker beyond nightmares.

~

Only Gerry would have a bigger body count than Arya and Elaya that day. And he cheated. he used rocket launcher,s grenades, mines, and other explosives to great effect, funneling the attacking horde toward Elaya, while also shooting the would be leaders and directors. He had taken a shot at Nickens, but he had missed the bastard.

He had also mown down the first of the retreating forms from both flanking attacks, noting that there were fewer from Arya's side than even numerous vampires. He wondered at this, but resolved to discuss later as he continued firing, even dropping demons, some of them on fire and eliminating Nickens own explosives.

He knew Elaya had not expected things to go this smoothly, but he and she and everyone else had also assumed that Nickens was smarter than this. But they would enjoy being wrong in this case. He had over-committed his numbers without arming them correctly and had made assumptions about who would go where.

The mounted fools to the northwest had been meant for Arya. The hiding fools had been meant for Elaya and maybe Octavia. Those in front of the house had been meant to stave off any frontal attack.

Instead they had been tricked, surprised by the vampire army, and by the fact that Elaya was standing at the base of a V made by the explosives and bodies, and was slaughtering them without mercy, while their uber power magician was having to dodge bullet, falling demons, and a more powerful and skilled magic user in Lairia.

He smiled as he racked in another round, spotted a gleam and killed yet another would be counter sniper hiding on the roof.

Arya did not have to be told twice. With a roar she attacked her new opponents, dodging blades and sinking her teeth in. Like before she slaughtered without mercy, her eyes almost black with lust and rage. They could all come at her, and they would all meet death.

~

Tatia was in her own screaming rage, but it was being attacked and dragged away, while her Ebony was taken.

"Murderers!" she screamed, her voice warbled in the water as she tried to struggle free, "Let me go! I will not return with you! I will not!"

~

Lairia was so heavily focused on the magician she barely noticed Lairia's change, which was saying something. Her eyes were closed though as they were locked in a silent and deadly battle of not just skill but force and magic. And while she was winning, he did indeed have his tricks. She pushed on though, her dark magic battling his as they fought for the upper hand.

~

Jeziah surged forward, and with a speed known only to Elaya and phoenix's he ran in circles around the entire battle, creating a giant wall of fire. Any who might have fled were burnt alive, and those who tried to escape found none. He kept this up, knowing the rest of them had the battle, as long as he took what he could. He did not yet try to reach the ranch, waiting for the armies to dwindle and his chance to get in. But he never had that chance.

~

Sera landed like a meteorite at the farm, hitting the ground so hard she made a small crator the size of her slender teenage body.

"Elaya?!" she screamed, jumping up and looking around, already shaking with fear for her brother, "ELAYA?!"

But no one answered. No one was there. She checked the barn first, but found it empty. Then she tried the farmhouse but found it locked.

"Hello?" she called in, scared, "Please, is anyone in there? I need Elaya? Hello?"

"They left!" a voice called, "and a head peeked through the glass. It was one of the adults she had seen around the farm, "She and her friends left for the battle. No one can help you here. We were told to hide."

Seraphina balked. They were gone? But Jeziah. She was shaking, not sure what to do. Sinking to the ground, she drew her knees up and rocked, trying not to panic. They'd come back...right? Elaya was fast enough...and strong enough. She would be back. But what if she isn't. What if they die out there. What if I'm all alone? What if...what if I never see Elaya again?

Her heart clenched and the thought did something to her. The mere idea of losing Elaya forever was not any world Sera could bear living with. And it gave Sera an idea of what she needed to do. But most importantly it gave her something more.

It reminded her.

"FUCK YOU BITCH!"

Nix tried to kick Lairia, but Ebony, already enraged, hissed and leapt upon him, clawing and tearing him to shreds as he screamed at Lairia's feet.

~

Gerry kept trying to shoot the magician, but his magics or wards or something protected him. Gerry cursed, then spotted something. He cursed again and stood, activated a device and grabbed onto the bars, then slid down the cable, and tumbled into Nickens house, coming up weapons drawn. He had to shoot the moment he entered, killing two smaller beings bearing shotguns at him.

"NICKENS! Come here you fuck!"

He started kicking in doors.

~

Elaya was ripping bodies apart, biting heads off, severing limbs, and slashing ghastly wounds everywhere. She was drenched in blood and gore, and her pads and claws dug hard for purchase on the blood soaked earth.

She could feel the sunlight touching her now, meaning that Amitiel and Narxis had killed sufficient demons they couldn't swarm as they normally would.

Lairia looked down at her feet, stomping her boot on his face before she uttered a dark curse, watching him twitch and spasm to death. Nix was dead. Only two assholes left.

The battle looked to be won. Their numbers were falling, their ranch was failing, and nothing looked able to stop Elaya. But then there was a howl and Lairia stumbled back, blood pouring from her nose.

"I'm fine!" she snapped, before anyone could come to her aid, "That asshole is playing with dangerous magic. Guess I have to as well."

But before she could the forest came alive with noises. Screaming, war cry noises. Men rushed through the flames, ignoring the pain as they all rushed for Elaya, some almost trampling Ebony and Lairia in their wake. The sorceress was quick to move the kitten, ignoring her growls at being tied up as she shouted to Gerry, "Where the hell did these men come from? Do they not feel pain?"

But they could not. These were Tatia's men, those she had been training, breathing whispers into their ears. They were hear for their princess, not Nickens, and they felt no pain, no fear of death. The only thing they heard was the call of their princess, who even as far as she was was singing to them, begging for their help in killing the group bent on kidnapping her. They swarmed Elaya, feeling nothing when attacked, pulling their bodies along as they swung and shot and stabbed at her until their dying breaths.

Meanwhile Arya was growing overwhelmed too. Those who had been hidden in the trenches were dead but now the demons were swarming down upon her, too many of them for Narxis to hold back. They were harder to kill and faster, knowing a death hounds ways. All too soon she could feel herself losing the battle as more and more circled her.

The vampires too were facing problems. With Lairia not focused on the sorcerer, it left the man's attentions on them and so he kept their armies at bay from helping the two girls, letting the almost zombified men sworn to Tatia to attack unyielded.

For a minute, it looked like the tides had turned. And then, a piercing screech sounded through a large intercom on the ranchhouse's roof, meant for the workers. And what came from it was another high pierce scream, this one demanding attention though, this one demanding all to pause and listen.

"Listen up all you slimy, backstabbing, Nicken's worshipping, good-for nothing pieces of scum. You have five...FIVE seconds to give up your leader to that there wolf, or I'll show you what Hell on Earth really looks like," the voice was unmistakable, and furious.

"We don't got to listen to some voice over the intercom," the sorcerer yelled, staring at the intercom, "You've got nothing. All your fighters are here-"

"Oh, you will listen. I am not some voice over the intercom," the voice seethed and the earth shook beneath them suddenly, the closest mountain rumbling, "I am the Living Flame. I AM THE BREATHE OF HELLFIRE! I AM YOUR GOD DAMN NIGHTMARE, AND THE ONE PERSON YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER, EVER FUCKED AROUND WITH. I AM THEIR LEADER."

"No," he shook his head, "We killed you."

"Thing about Phoenix's is," she growled and the earth shook again, "You really should make sure when we are dead...we stay dead. Time's up!"

There was a earth shattering boom and suddenly the mountain erupted, smoke billowing as what was thought to be a mountain was in fact a dormant volcano. No one could flee by land, not with Jeziah's flames, and Sera's laughter came through the intercom once more.

"The best part about volcano's, is how far they really stretch," she gloated, "And the best part about my team, is they always have a plan. Flyers, get them out! Elaya...baby I'm waiting for you. I've been waiting for you all my life. And I'll never wait another day. I'm coming."

The intercom screeched off and as it did the earth below them shook and rumbled, then cracked. Suddenly pieces of it began to fall away, first in the middle of the field, then under the ranch house, quickly taking it. Kai swooped in into the ranch house, yelling out Gerry's name before finding him with Nickens cornered. Bashing the man over the head to knock him out cold the two dragged him out, knowing justice was yet to be served for him. Kai turned into a large hawk, carrying Nickens away, allowing Amitiel or Narxis to swoop down and grab Gerry. Lairia scooped up Ebony and with her magic caught the magician in one finally attack, throwing him at the ground as it gaped open and swallowed him whole. The vampiric army retreated hastily as the ground began to fall away, cracking and widening as lava spouted and what looked like the mouth of hell cracked open, taking anyone not fast enough to run. Jeziah did not pause, keeping up his speed so as to trap all those fleeing, knowing Elaya could rush through unharmed, and hoping Arya could too.

In the distance on the mountainside a small flash of fire could be seen racing down, towards the trees. It was Sera coming for her wolf, and she was praying Elaya would be running straight for her too.

Elaya howled at the first sound of the voice.

She had ripped the zombies to shreds, but now she laughed and hurled the last into the fires, then transformed again.

"SERA!! SERAPHINA!!"

She chose her human form simply because she would not reunite with her love in anything else. She took off, vaulting or sliding under obstacles as she ran for her living flame.

~

Gerry had Sera to thank actually. before the angel or demon could get to him, he found a rock broken loose, snickered, jammed a wad of c4 under it, set it off and literally rode that thing high into the air, the opened his gliding wings and let himself fall right next to Lairia, Kai, and Nickens.

Whom he immediately began to savagely beat to a pulp.

kai backed away, his friend's face warning him not to interfere or question. not now.

~

Narxis bellowed with rage, and struggled to kick free of those holding him, biting, slashing, and cutting, screaming Arya's name. Not for help.

But for fear of losing her.

Amitiel had heard his friend and was cutting through, even using the demons chasing him to knock the others away even if only for a moment. And as he flew and fought his eyes searched for Arya as well, calling for her when he could, but mostly just fighting.

~

Sera.

Sera.

My Sera.

"Seraphina!!"

Arya was lost amongst a horde of demons, some of them fighting her, others fleeing. She had felt the earth quake and split, and had tried to run but twice been blocked as the demon's tried their best to kill her. As the earth shook again she looked behind her and saw the grass and dirt falling away as the earthquake split, taking dozens down to the firey pits of lava below. Right then, the battle seemed less important than the need to live and she surged forward, becoming smoke to dance between her enemies, seeing her chance of escape coming and-

SNAP!

Something caught her wrist and all at once she fell into her human form, clawing at the cold metal digging into her flesh. Looking up she saw one of the Elite, one of Astaroth's finest.

"My Prince will pay me a fine sum for bringing Baal's little mutt cunt," he snarled, yanking on a metal chain leading from the cuff, "Don't try to play shadows girl, it won't allow it."

Her head swiveled back, seeing the ground opening wider, quickly gaining speed on them.

"You fucking joking me," she snarled, looking back at him and lunging, sending a punch at his shoulder, trying to dislocate it and free herself from his clutches, "We need to run!"

She struggled to get free, but he was bigger, and quite strong, and without her powers she had no speed on him. Still she fought, and when she thought she was free she tried to bolt, only for him to catch her chain again and yank at her, pulling her down. Suddenly the ground beneath them gave way and in one last desperate attempt she kicked him dead in the face, sending him soaring into the pit. She scrambled up but the ground beneath her was giving way, and she could feel herself sliding down, the air hot on her back. Her eyes looked up towards the sky as she felt herself falling back, seeing in that last instant Narxis in all his glory and knowing who she needed at that very second.

"NARXIS!" she screamed, as the last of the earth beneath her caved and she was falling.

Seraphina could never had moved faster in her life. She reached the base of the volcano and burst into human form, just seconds before she saw Elaya.

"ELAYA!" she cried out, overwhelmed with emotions as she ran for her, straight into her arms. She could feel her feet lift off the ground as she wrapped her slender arms around Elaya's shoulders, the wolf taller than the phoenix, who seemed to be missing a few more inches in height still, but was mostly certainly back to...well herself.

"Oh god, your alright!" Sera breathed, kissing her with all the love and strength she had, her lips hot as the volcano itself, her body buzzing with power. Her Elaya. She had her back. They had each other. Everything was complete.

Narxis heard the scream and roared.

Demons have many abilities. Elites and brutes even more. But save for princes, none in Hell can do more amazingly horrifying things than Archdemons.

Narxis's rage exploded out from him in a ball of evil so powerful it knocked everything away from him and even threw Amitiel spinning. But before it even finished expanding he was off, plunging down. Down. Down into the fire.

he flared his wings and snatched Arya out of the air, wrapping her close to his chest, then surged up as eruptions lashed at him, his face pointed toward the sun.

He did not stop rising until the heat had dissipated behind them, then he turned his eyes to Arya. "Arya are you alright?"

~

Elaya slammed into the redhead, and had to kiss her.

her lips, her nose, her cheeks, her eyes, her chin, her neck, even her hair. Everywhere.

She crushed the smaller woman too her, then broke free just a bit to glare into Sera's eyes. "you ever scare me like that again and i'll swallow you whole." The threat was foolish, but she couldn't think of anything else. And she pulled Sera into another kiss, hungry for her fire. Her Seraphina.

~

Amitiel was watching Gerry pummel Nickens. He was amazed at the rage still within the man.

Then Nix moaned. He grunted, drew his sword and first stabbed it through the golem's skull, then sliced it to ribbons. And Nix died.

Nickens was moaning now, begging for it to stop. but Gerry did not. Would not. Despite the vampire's strength and nature he was a swollen bleeding mass of bruises, yet Gerry kept hitting him. Every bone in his face was broken, his teeth were gone, his eyes swollen shut, one leaking a suspicious white fluid.

But Gerry did not stop. He just kept striking the fool.

Silently.

Amitiel made sure Tatia and the Rythert were not about. He had noted the way Nickens had been giving her orders and more importantly the men who had attacked Elaya for her. That was very bad, and until they had answers she was to be away from Nickens.

As if thinking it caused it, Nickens shrieked and pawed at Gerry, and Amitiel noted now that Gerry's mouth was bloody. Not because he had been hit but because he had bitten the idiot's finger's off. Gerry caught one hand with his teeth and sank them in and Nicken's threw his head back just as Gerry delivered a devastating blow. And Nicken's neck snapped.

IT actually broke so hard and so violently that his head came completely off. Only then did Gerry released his grip and sink to a seat against a tree.

Kai spoke softly. "Think that was enough?"

'No. But I'll take it."

He pulled gauntlets off his fists and clenched his fists, groaning as they popped loudly.

Arya had never seen such a magnificent scene in her life, how powerful Narxis was. Perhaps she would have enjoyed it more, were she not about to fall into a pit of lava. Her arms stretched out as he reaxhed for her, gripping him tightly as they pulled up and out of the gaping whole were once the ranch sat. She was cover in ash and mud and blood, she she still lay cradled in his arms, hugging him closely as they flew up.

"I think so," she breathed, and the edge in her voice was gone, the lust for blood sated. The cuff and chain were still on her and as she let her head rest on his chest she held it out for inspection, growling at the cursed engravings on it.

"I can't turn with this thing on," she sighed, "They wanted to take me...to Astaroth..."

Breathing out, she let the panic that had bubbled up die, still void of most of her emotions apart from rage and that moment of weakness for Narxis.

"Where are we going?" she asked when she realized they were still flying, looking around.

~

Sera giggled, overjoyed by the attention.

"Elaya, I'm sorry. But it was your life or my rebirth. I'll always choose you," she sighed, wrapping her legs around her partner and kissing her nose, "And I never really left, did I? You had me this whole time, and I had you...my puppy."

She laughed then, wrinkling her nose, "How did you not bite me for that nickname? I called you it for days!"

Back
Top Bottom