Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Colliding Worlds (BurningWillows & Greeneyed23)

4a7a9c746ab9bc4ad7b102894b5709ba.jpg

Lairia stared at the box, concerned, "That's...well it's a replica, but even a replica of what I hold should not exist. Hell it shouldn't be public."

She turned to Rey, then looked at Esmerelda, "Would you mind if...I had a minute alone with him?"

Esmerelda nodded, and Lairia took Rey's hand and pulled him towards a small alcove away from ears. It was a tight fit that had her a little closer than she expected to Reynault but she tried not to think about it and blush.

"I'll only tell you this if you promise me complete secrecy," she urged, revealing the box with a wave of her hand.

cb3bb5b18c8e0f68ce3678a77ea78e7e.jpg

Sera wanted to say it was nothing, but Elaya's nose knew better.

"Elaya I had to use the mother flame. It's like...like the core at the center of the earth. The fire of all fires. Every Phoenix can use it when their powers are not strong enough. I overstepped it I guess, and I'm paying the price."

"But please," she kissed Elaya, "Worry not about it. Some food and rest and I will be fine."

Rey blinked but followed her, even turning so no one else could see them.

His eyes widened when he saw the box but he nodded. "I swear and promise. What's going on Laria?"

~

Elaya studied her lover thoughtfully, then cupped her cheek. "I do know that too much fire can hurt you darling."

She leaned in and kissed Sera. "You be careful. I want to have you for a long long while." She kissed the redhead again, then pressed a finger over Sera's lips. "What you did down there was amazing and I couldn't be more grateful my love. But don't you risk yourself like that again." She kissed her finger, creating a seal of a promise.

Lairia handed it to him, showing how much she trusted him, "Don't open it. Please. Inside is the rarest amulet known to existence. There is only one. It holds almost unlimited power. Any castor can use it, and it was made with the single purpose to add untold energy to a castors energy source. Magic you couldn't dream of achieving can become child's play. I...I can't say I haven't used it once, and I'm still regretting it. Please don't ask. But you can understand why it must be protected, and why it is so coveted, so wanted. That replica isn't the original, but it still contains too much power to be in public."

She gripped Rey's hand holding the box as she took it back, blushing at his touch, "Sorry. Do you understand why I hide this?"

She waved her other hand over the box and it vanished once more.

"I would risk myself a thousand times for you," Sera promised, "Anything to keep you safe. But I understand."

The elevator finally stopped and they stepped out, onto the roof. There was a small railing around the edges and a beautifully laid out dining table in the very middle, lanterns set up above them on strings attached to poles on all four corners of the roof. Sera led her date to the dining table, getting her to sit down before taking her own seat as her brother arrived with the starter.

"Two house salads and a plate of oysters to share," he smiled, placing each down, "And Sera you still like your darker wines?"

"Yes brother."

He held out a dark red wine bottle, "I picked this one out. It's from Ramona's secret collection...but that bitch is dead so...Hey did I tell you I just took over a restaurant?"

Sera laughed, "Congratulations."

Jeziah poured the wine before handing Elaya an envelope full of cash, "Athea gave this to Ramona to get in. I thought you deserved at least this much. I'm really sorry your first experience here was...that."

He took his leave and Sera stabbed a bite of salad, holding it up to Elaya's mouth, "Let's forget about downstairs and enjoy our night beautiful. Please? I've never had a girlfriend to show off, and I'm rather proud. I want to remember this night, not for that...display, but for the night we spend together."

Rey studied the box for a long moment then nodded.

"Alright. I understand...but we can't take it. or destroy it. They'll slaughter us."

He cocked his head then smiled. "But...."

He turned taking her arm again leading her out into the museum proper. "Do see that group of tourists? I need you to pick a fight with them. A big big fight. I have an idea. Don't tell or bother Esmerelda."

~

Elaya nodded. "I understand. And i'm grateful darling. But I don't want to live without you."

She kissed her girlfriend before the doors opened. When they did she gasped. "Good God....it's beautiful...and all ours?"

She sniffed at the oysters. She wasn't a big seafood fan, but she wouldn't insult her host or her girlfriend by refusing food. She also had a feeling that something much better was in the offing.

She was about to ask when the cash was pressed into her hands. She blinked, then shook herself. "Thank you Jeziah and congratulations. Could we have some rolls though? i'm craving bread...and I haven't eaten since breakfast. And your sister needs some fire nectar please."

She looked at Sera and growled a bit. "And she is going to drink it or I'm putting my hood up for the rest of the night." She grinned playfully but made it clear it was a serious threat.

Lairia grinned mischievously, "You got it, give me a minute."

She left him and wandered slowly down the hall, looking at all the paintings until she was just behind the tourists as they ogled a cheap replica of a statue. Just as one of the younger ones reached out to touch it and another scolded them she whispered a word, making the artifact fall over and shatter. The one child flinched, swearing he hadn't touched it while his mother or perhaps aunt swatted his head.

"Hey watch that," she suddenly snapped, "Those are priceless."

"Looks cheap to me," one of them snapped, trying to defend the boy standing sheepishly by the pedestal.

"Of course it would look cheap to a couple hicks," she mocked them, getting one really riled up.

"How about you pay attention to your own man before he runs off with those girls."

"He'd be upgrading," another sneered, staring at the tall women and Rey, honestly just trying to get back under her skin.

"Wait no-" Lairia started, but then one of them got in her face as their voices got louder. Security was already coming over, having seen the statue breaking.

"C'mon you two, that's no way to talk to people. Look this is all a misunderstanding." "Misunderstanding?" "Come off it you guys, security is coming. Just try and behave?" "That's rich coming from you"

Lairia didn't try to stop the fight, only adding more insults until the tourists were yelling amongst each other and fists began to fly. It was at that point she decided it might be best to get out of the argument, but then one of them got in her face and wouldn't budge, trapping her amongst the tourists fighting.

Seraphina just rolled her eyes about the nectar, knowing their was no point to argue, the wolf would make her drink it one way or another. It would offset the pain in her core from using so much flame, at least until Sera could find a natural heat source. Once Jeziah disappeared, Sera offered her an oyster.

"Just try, my brother makes them with an array of flavors. Plus...they are an aphrodisiacs. And I plan to have no sleep tonight."

She in turn took one, pressing it to her lips and tipping it back, feeling the soft meat slid between her lips. She smacked her lips and hummed, it tasted salty with hints of lemon and rosemary, mixed with the soft cooked meat.

She gestured around them, "Best view in the city Elaya. I hope that makes up for the drama downstairs, and look."

She pointed at the large chaise lounger that had been brought up. It was soft and colored red, with gold trimmings around the skirt. Throw pillows had been arranged in an array so they could lie comfortably on it, and it was easily big enough for both of them. Seraphina wanted to let Elaya watch the sunset with her, although she was already dying to get her lover out of that dress, so how much they'd watch would be left to Elaya's discretion.

"After our entree's we can cuddle up together. I advised my brother to send dessert to our inn, so that we may be alone up here until we decide to go back and continue our...date behind closed doors."

Rey smirked and nodded. "Talented lady."

He watched the fight, then slithered in amongst the onlookers and shrieked. The resulting panic set off a shockwave which resulted in the box being knocked off the pedestal, the pedestal cracking.

The box skidded across the floor right behind the mighty Esmerelda, who lurched back as she tried to help corral the people, and with a yelp she slipped then first stepped then fell upon it.

Her immunity to magic also meant that she could not be guarded against by it and the box crushed and broke apart under her foot, then her body crushed the fake stone within.

Only Rey saw this as a whole crowd had gathered around Esmerelda, attempting to use her to hide.

Rey went over to Laria, kicked the wanna be attacker in the heel and sent her to the floor, then drew Laria into his chest and lead her outside. "All taken care of...and yes I might have been a conman a few times in previous lives." He grinned playfully.

~

Elaya shook her head until she had the nectar and her rolls. She put the nextar before her lover, and ate a few rolls before she rolled her head back, opened her throat and elt the oysters drop straight down her throat.

"I know what they are darling. but i cannot stand the texture. i am a wolf and can eat anything. Doesn't mean I like it all."

She raised her eyebrows playfully. "i always have the best view anywhere my darling." She reached over and took Sera's hands. "Especially lately."

She drew the redhead into a kiss and smiled. "As for our room...well don't bet that we can make it that far darling. Not sure i can bear waiting that long. Especially while you wear that dress. Have I mentioned how amazing it looks yet by the way?"

Lairia was so caught up in fighting, she didn't see Rey's trick until he tripped the woman and drew her in, causing the sorceress to blush and look away, getting a good view of the mess they had caused. She grimaced at Esmerelda on the ground but couldn't feel bad as the amulet was safer broken than fully functional.

He swept her outside, grinning like a mad fool at Lairia.

"No," she rolled her eyes teasingly, "I never would have guessed Rey. Do you think Esmerelda will suspect it was us?"

Seraphina downed the nectar rather quickly, more intent on watching Elaya eat. When she proclaimed her distaste to oysters Sera simpy shrugged and finished the last few off.

"All gone," she smiled, "Have you tried your salad?"

But her question was interrupted with a kiss, one that promised so much more later.

"If you think the dress looks good, wait till you see underneath," Sera breathed, feeling very brave in what she chose, not to mention confident in herself after her display in the dining room.

Rey smirked and gently squeezed the sorceress as he winced. Nothing happened and he relaxed the embrace but did not let her go. "Nope. or she would be yelling for us...would you like to go get dinner?"

He stepped back down, his eyes bright, his face scar a bit redder than normal. He cocked his head studying her face thoughtfully.

~

Elaya giggled. "My salad is amazing. but these rolls are heavenly."

Her eyebrows arched and she drew Sera into another kiss and smiled. "I bet. I also think you will like what's under mine as well."

She sighed, then smiled again and stood removing the cloak, baring her well formed arms. She sighed happily and sat down. "I love this thing but it's too warm around you."

The dress had grown even tighter about her body, and her well tanned skin looked fabulous against the deep royal purple. She also slithered closer to her lover, pulling her chair in tighter, sitting in it but her legs slid over Sera's putting her nearly in the redhead's lap. She raised her arms and lay them over Sera's neck. "By the way, you are beautiful, sexy as can be, smell amazing, and taste even better. And this is perfect." She leaned in and kissed her deeply, holding the kiss for a long while.

"And though the food is good it's nothing compared to you my love." She purred nuzzling Sera's skin. "Now...let's eat. Then i want to see what's under that dress. If it beats the dress..." She trilled a low sensual note of desire and nibbled her lover's jaw. "You recommend some food. I can't think of eating except you."

Lairia blushed a little deeper, unused to physical contact. As he pulled back she noted him wincing, but more so that the cross shaped scar was growing red.

"Everything okay Rey?" she asked, reaching one of her hands up to touch his cheek before pausing from it, "May I? Perhaps my magic can help?"

She wasn't trying to be invasive, and flirting was the last thing on her mind. Lairia just genuinely curious of why his scar was acting up, and offering her services as she already had in the last few days to Tatia and Gerry. It was the least she could do for the rag-tag team that was travelling her across the continent.

Seraphina's cheeks turned bright red as Elaya stretched her legs out on her lap, having never had a woman do this before. Sera wasn't sure what to do so she simply rested her hands on Elaya's legs, turning back to the discussion.

"Um," she mumbled, "If its alright I already ordered us two steak dinners. Yours rare, mine on fire. My brother does them excellently."

She was still blushing, and it only got worse when she realized she'd been unconsciously stroking Elaya's legs with her hands, her fingers working under the dress as she massaged the skin. Sera let out a nervous giggle, looking over her shoulder at the waiter elevator that was closed. Then making up her mind, she winked at Elaya as her fingers travelled further up, now stroking her thighs gently under the dress.

"I've been wanting to touch you all night."

"it's ok. I winced because i was expecting Esmerelda to come busting out and beat me to death if she knew. I'm fine. My scar just gets red sometimes. Usually when I'm excited."

He smiled. "I promise I'm alright. let's go have dinner."

~

Elaya cooed as Sera began to touch her, then to purr as she was caressed. "Well alright my love. I trust you."

She leaned in and kissed her lover. She pressed her thighs together on Sera's hand stopping her explorations from going higher. "You can touch. but no higher. You don't get to see until i see yours darling."

She giggled playfully. "I really don't think we can make it back to our room...when I've eaten...." She bit her lips, moaned and pressed her chest against Sera's, then leaned in and kissed her lover before biting the redhead's lip as well, drawing it out then letting go with another purring moan.

"It is a unique scar you have," she commented, lowering her hand and instead looping her arm around his, "I bet there is a story behind it?"

They started to move away from the museum, walking back down towards one of the markets they had passed where there had been plenty of diners and restaurants. It was only a block and right turn away, and as they walked they had plenty of time to talk.

~

After dinner Malakai stole the bill to pay, refusing to let Drea pay. The girl's at the hostess' pedestal were practically crawling on him as he payed in gold, touching her shoulders and giggling, each flirting heavily with him. Maybe the goddess had a point about the suits. I've never had this many girls handing me their addresses.

He took their names, winking at one as he returned to the table for Drea. As they were on their way out, he slipped his inn and room number on a napkin to the taller brunette before stepping out to the cool dusk air.

"Hey," he nudged Duldrea as they walked through the market, stopping them in their tracks, "Is that Reynault with Lairia? They look...comfortable with each other."

He didn't want to start a scene or call out to them, but it was intriguing to the shape shifter to see how fast Lairia had become comfortable around the vampire. He couldn't honestly say he'd seen her smile truly yet on the few days they'd been on the road.

~

Sera groaned as Elaya stopped her hand, impeding her fun exploring. Pulling her hand back she sighed but leaned into the kiss, wanting dinner to be over so dessert could start.

"You're much too alluring," Sera pouted rather cutely, "This meal needs to quicken so I can drag you over to the chaise and pull that stunning dress off that even more stunning body."

Rey smiled. "It is an interesting story. It begins with the fact that i was killing humans. Very very very bad humans. Humans that had been raping and murdering children of every species to use their life essences to become immortal and omnipotent. They were trying to become gods. I caught their scent because of the black blood magic they used and set to hunting them down. The problem was that they were big important people. And their friends sought out the Metuzi to hunt me down. You may have noticed but Elaya is an exceptionally good hunter and killer. Gerry too. They tracked me down in less than a week after given the job."

He sighed. "But they had been setup. By the Church of Cleansing. They are a mad splinter group of the Catholic Church. They are bent on cleansing the earth of all former human 'monsters' most specifically vampires. They are powerful, smart, well funded, and fanatics. Gerry and Elaya had cornered me in this abandoned church when they ambushed us. They trapped us all in super strong wire mesh netting with magics, preventing Elaya from transforming, me from doing pretty much anything, and poor Gerry in the middle unable to even move because the mesh cut the crap out of him everytime he did more than breath."

He nudged her down an alley and near more relaxed restaurants. "So they get us there to their dungeon, knock me and Elaya out, hang Gerry in the net from the ceiling, then bind me, then they crucified Elaya. The full thing. Massive spikes through the wrists and feet, right through the arches, and bound to the cross so she was suffocating in her own blood and bodily fluids. Then they proceeded to bath me in holy water, it's actually a specially formulated acid meant to eat away 'dead' flesh only. Anyway they bath me in that over and over, and brand me with their 'holy relic', the Cross of Paul. Which doesn't exist. Paul was beheaded not crucified. It's a huge silver looking thing, but it's not. It's actually Mercury held in stasis by magic. It can grow hot it might even burn Elaya. Anyway they lay that on my face and chest and let it brand me. Eventually, as they continued to lower it, increasing the pain and the 'cleansing', Gerry wriggled his arms free, shot his bonds off, freed himself, and set to killing, while Elaya literally ripped her way off the cross, slaughtered the lot, rescued me and made me part of her pack."

He nodded at a small bistro and lead her inside to a corner booth that was enclosed in curtains. He left them open but visibly relaxed once within them. "Much better. What else would you like to know?"

He noted the waiter and held up a finger, wanting to give Laria all the time she needed to ask him anything, or comment on what he had told her.

~

Drea nudged her charge. "You behave young man. I saw you give that girl your room number. I can't stop you but you treat her nice. And be careful. You wouldn't be the first man to lose his head over a pretty face."

~

Elaya giggled and kissed her lover hungrily. "Don't tell me. Tell the wait staff. I'm ravenous. You are just too delicious. I also need actual food so I can have you the way you deserve to be had."

She kissed her lover again, smiling wickedly, thrusting her chest up against her dress. "I am yours to have anytime you want Seraphina. Anywhere you want." She purred, then took sera's right hand and kissed the fingertips, then gently suckled the forefinger, dragging it out over her tongue, sucking softly. "But you have to feed me first. Otherwise you'll get a very sleep werewolf atop you."

Lairia was completely entranced by his story, able to envision every aspect of it. She'd heard of the church vaguely, but she hadn't heard of their methods. She could only remember her father saying it was best to avoid them...warlocks didn't get along with some castors. As he found them a booth she noted the curtains, looking at the curiously.

"I've never seen a place have curtains to hide the tables," she commented, shrugging, "It's a nice touch. So that's how you met Elaya and Gerry then? Doesn't sound like a bunch I'd want to be anywhere around, especially if they are using magic for nefarious reasons. So if you met Elaya and Gerry alone...does that mean the three of you joined the group together? Or did you form it and the rest come afterwards?"

BERSHKA_Marlon_teixeira02.jpg

"I'll behave," he promised, watching the two across the market step into a cafe with enclosed booths as they continued their slow gait across the cobblestone towards the street that would take them to the inn, "But I don't think I'm the one you should be worried about."

Sera's breath hissed out as Elaya made her only want her more. She'd remind Jeziah not to come up under any circumstances after dinner was served. She wanted her wolf alone and to herself, now more than ever.

"Don't tease," she groaned, wiggling her hand free playfully, "That's highly unfair dear Elaya."

Reynault smiled. "The curtains are for privacy. Lotsa beings and entities don't like to be seen doing things as 'normal' as eating. And of ourse many humans like to hide in public."

He gestured at the curtains. "And when you are who and what I am it's best to remain...hidden."

His eyes flicked over and caught Kai's. They grew bright red and a thought pushed into the shifter's mind. Focus on yourself boy. You are in much more trouble than I.

He turned back to Laria. "That is how I met Elaya and Gerry. And you don't need to worry about the Church this far west. Elaya was...not happy when she got down. She invoked the Bloody Fang and the entire Metuzi called in their many favors and slaughtered and razed every gathering of the church from the Pacific to New Britain. She also got them to go to the Pope. Her Holiness Jeanine was furious about them and banned them entirely and had her own armies take out most of them. She secretly kept their strongest magic users and techniques and is working on building a cleaner strike force."

He flicked his fingers and the curtains closed enough so only the waitress could see in to them as she approached. "What can I get you?"

Rey smiled at Laria waiting for her answer.

~

Duldrea sensed Rey's warning to the shifter and gently touched his arm. "Reynault knows what he is doing Malakai. Leave it be please. We need to keep moving. You have a fan club...and it's causing problems."

She gestured at a group of women who had been following them, and were not getting violently angry regarding who was closest to him. She arched an eyebrow. "I think either your pheromones are overcharged, or someone is playing you...but I can't feel anything so...."

~

Elaya giggled playfully. "All is fair in love and war darling."

She stole the hand back and pulled it onto her left breasts so she could feel the werewolf's heart thudding against her chest. "Now feed me darling." She leaned forward and kissed the redhead tenderly. "Hurry. Not sure how much longer I can restrain myself around you."

She kissed Sera again, moaning into her lips.

Lairia caught his gaze, but her sight was not heightened like his and she couldn't see anyone through the window into the darkening night. Shrugging, she decided not to linger on it and focused on the menu now in her hands, looking over the small arrangements of food. She wasn't all too focused on it though, more eager to listen to Rey's words.

"I'd worry less about this cultist group getting to me than I am about them coming after my box. I told you its contents...think of what they could do with it? From what we've seen I already have one or two castors after me, and I'm not sure if they are sorcerers, sorceresses, or warlocks. The last thing we need is a organized group or cult chasing us down."

As he spoke about dinner she glanced back down at the menu, still unsure as she bit her lip, trying quickly to decide. "I'm not entirely sure what would be best. You've been here before Rey, would you mind ordering for me? A surprise of sorts."

BERSHKA_Marlon_teixeira02.jpg

"I was only curious about the two of them," Kai said in defense, having not noticed the women until now, "I don't know why that's happening. See Drea? Maybe it was a good thing I used to look shaggy."

He continued his pace but moved into an alley, then took a right turn with her and down another alley until they had gained enough distance he could stop. For a second he just let himself breath as all his focus drew together on the mental image of a small horse. Then he let go, feeling his atoms expanding until his flesh form evaporated into a dark cloud that swirled and danced, reforming into the horse he had concentrated on, his coat dark like his hair. Shaking his mane he whinnied at Duldrea to climb on quickly so that they could escape before the odd crowd of girls grew any closer or got any more violent. The faster he was out of the area, the safer they were.

Dinner was served just on time as Seraphina broke the kiss, smelling the searing meat. While Sera got a skillet full of roast, potatoes, vegetables, and a dinner roll all piping hot and remaining that way with the skillet, Elaya got a plate big enough to fit two meals, filled with the same delicious dinner, fit for a wolf's appetite. The restaurant was known for their detailed dinners and individual dining experiences, especially for the supernatural clients.

"The skillet never cools," Jeziah added, kissing his sister's forehead, "I will leave you to your date now. Are we still on for breakfast before you leave?"

"In the morning, yes," Sera nodded, "Just meet us in the inn, you know the usual one the team likes. I'm sure my team will love to meet another Phoenix."

"Sounds like a fine plan. Enjoy your night sister. Elaya."

He took his leave, and Sera waited until she heard the satisfying click of the service door locking, meaning they had the place to themselves.

"Bon appetite," she grinned, stabbing a piece of potato in her mouth and groaning at the softness of it, before forking a piece off Elaya's plate and offering it to her.

Rey rolled his eyes toward her and smirked. "you do realize I haven't eaten human food in millenia?"

he chuckled and showed her his menu which had a selection of vintage and rare blood types and even bloods from famous persons and certain kinds of species or person. And a whole array of hearts.

He then looked over her menu. "Actually from what i know each dish is wonderful. I would suggest...that." he touched a single entry near the bottom. It was called the Chef's Delight and was described as a personally prepared service for the ordering customer, meant to find his or her ideal meal. "The chefs here are very very good. Not the best in the city but still highly skilled."

~

Duldrea sighed but mounted the horse, looking back as the girls only grew more insistent to touch and feel him. "I think it must be magic. Run faster boy. And find us somewhere to eat. I'm still hungry." Drea was annoyed. She didn't like fleeing mortals, and she HATED to ride horses. Her preferred mounts had been crocodiles, and she had been wont to stand on their backs, not jostled along the hard spine of this equine beast.

Finally she had enough. She grabbed his mane and yanked him to a halt, all but fell off his back, turned to the crazed women, and shrieked. The sound was painfully piercing, and stunned the women. She then hissed and a storm cloud appeared, flashed lightning then burst into a torrential downpour of rain so hard and fast that a wall of water six feet high rose up moments later and washed the women away, then it all vanished.

She smacked Kai's shoulder. "Change back and let's go. I'm very hungry now." She walked off, clearly irritated, though not with the shifter. Drea hated to be prevented from doing what she wanted, especially by mortals. She didn't blame Kai, but she couldn't help be annoyed that helping him had inconvenienced her.

~

Elaya nodded to her lover's brother, and was about to swoop in for another kiss when she was presented with a bite of her own food. She growled, then took the bite, gently slipping off the fork, her eyes locked on Seraphina's slow and sensually playful.

She began to chew and moaned happily, then before Sera could take another bite, swallowed, leaned in, and kissed the redhead. "You still taste better but this is delightful. now behave." She nipped her lover's lips,purring, then shifted slightly so her upper body was directed at the table, while her legs pressed tighter against Sera's lap.

Once in position she began to feast, still amazingly neat despite her speed and her voracious appetite.

Lairia blushed, momentarily forgetting she was dining with a vampire.

"Apologies," she murmured, "I didn't mean to offend Rey. I honestly just forgot. There's much more to you than just your species."

She smiled, then looked down to the menu at what he had picked, "that looks good, I'll have that. And a glass of water."

~

Kai let out a cry as she yanked his mane, letting her off before shifting back, one hand clinging to his head.

"Ouch," he complained, rubbing his hair, "gentle please, I can feel when I'm shifted."

He gave her space as she stormed by, walking a few steps behind, "you're hungry Drea? But we just ate."

He didn't have a stomach like many of the others, able to consume the same quantities Gerry and other mortals could. At the moment he was stuffed.

"Let's go back to the inn and order there," he suggested, "I don't really think it's wise to stay in public now. Your display wasn't...subtle."

Many spectators were still watching them, wary of what might happen next. Kai quickened his step, eager to get Drea and himself indoors.

~

"Your the one not behaving," Sera teased, continuing to eat her deliciously hot meal, "I'm glad your enjoying the food. Pretty good first date, yes?"

"you didn't offend don't worry."

He nodded to the waitress and made the orders, and soon was sipping on his flight of bloods, ten separate specific blood types and specialties. "You should know all of this blood is freely and willingly donated. The donors get paid massive amounts to give up their blood."

He chuckled as her water was poured. "Water? Really?"

~

Drea snagged his arm. "yes I know you can feel. And we needed to stop. Now hush. i am going to eat."

She nudged him toward the inn but she was clearly getting grumpy, not her normal delightful self.

~

"What did I do?" She nipped her lover's ear and smiled playfully. "And yes the food is excellent though you are far superior. A magnificent date indeed."

She raised her eyebrows at his mocking about water, waiting for the waitress to disappear, "Yes water. I'm a sorceress, not a mercenary...my purse runs a little light most of the time."

Besides which I spent half my leather purse on the jewelry today, although I'm not about to admit it, she thought, staring at her glass before taking a sip. The water was cold and clean, something not all places could carry if they didn't have the resources for a proper filtration system in the back. She drank more, happy to gulp down the fresh water, until it was empty.

"It's not as bad as you think," she shrugged, placing the empty glass near the edge of the table, "How's your drink?"

~

Kai clamped his mouth shut, knowing better than to say anything that could annoy her further. He got her to the inn, finding her a seat at the far back of the room in the shadows. He took the corner seat, hidden mostly in the dark as he crossed his arms and slouched low enough to hide from any onlookers.

"Maybe it be safer for me to stay hidden," he muttered, not wanting any more drama. It really wasn't Kai's style to cause drama with girls, or sleep around, or for that matter tie himself down with a girl. The only woman who had caught his eye in the last while had been Elaya, and he had judged that book way, way off. Otherwise Kai perfered simpler tastes of finding one girl to spend a night with, making little announcement of it and carrying on afterwards peasantly. The fact he even had all these girls drooling for him made him uneasy.

~

Sera tried to focus on her meal, knowing if she kept turning to Elaya she'd eventually forget her meal altogether. But it was hard, and she still had to laugh at the wolf's playfulness, "You have to behave too, not just me. I can't focus with your lips on my skin. And your much too distracting in that dress."

She took a bite of her roast before lolling her head towards Elaya, smiling devilishly, "Perhaps you should take the dress and cloak off. I'm sure I'll be much less foc- I mean distracted then, hm?"

Rey smirked. "Mine is delicious. And watch that."

Her glass, untouched, began to fill with the same clear cold water. "I've heard they have access to a underground glacier for most filtered waters." He shrugged. "Wouldn't know. My body can't do anything with water. Including taste it....here." He drained a smaller flute then took her glass and poured some of the water into it.

He sniffed it, shrugged, then raised it to his lips. It remained unchanged then as it fell into his mouth it transformed into blood. He swallowed and smiled. "And that is the real reason I don't like siren blood. It does a strange mix of that magic but tastes utterly vile. My kind seems to be cursed to live without water. And we can't digest real food. It just sits in our bodies until finally we...pass it. Not pleasant. But enough with the gross stuff. How can a nigh immortal magical genius not be loaded? And we are a special case. not all mercs do as well as we do."

~

Drea growled as she plopped beside him with a large platter of food and set it to vanishing. "Don't whine. You look very good. Likely just something in that shop."

She nudged him. "And don't pout. it ruins your looks." She actually ate most of a massive drumstick before she spoke. "Why did you have such interest in Elaya?"

~

Elaya smiled sweetly. "I am always well behaved lover mine."

She leaned over and kissed Sera, sucking in the redhead's lower lip, which she bit lightly, then drew back before releasing with a moan. "And no. No cheating. My dress stays on until yours comes off. You wanna see what's underneath you have to give up the goods too darling." She giggled again her eyes dancing, daring Sera to try her.

She watched and nodded, knowing a bit of what he was talking about, "I've heard about the eating portion of your species. Remember, I dated a young vamp. He was...well he was an embarrassment for the vampire race. But i do remember the facts about eating. We'd always find restaurants like this that served all kinds."

She contemplated her own words, sipping her water more as she listened on, shrugging at his question, "genius, ney. Immortal? Pretty much. And it isn't easy to get work when your a cross breed. The castor world looks down on warlocks and sorcerers falling in love, as I'm sure you know. Warlocks think thier superior, castor resent them for their natural abilities. I was a product of such love, and growing up was...rough sometimes. I gain pay from mortals unknowing of me and townsfolk, but bigger jobs always stayed out of my grasp, due to the castor community."

She shrugged though, not that perturbed by it, "it is alright though. No hard feelings. How's your drink?"

~

He stopped pouting but he kept his arms crossed than sat up as Tatia and the angel and demon came in, Tatia arm looped through Gerrys, pulling him towards their table.

"Hey guys..."

~

Sera groaned, unhappy to be kept waiting, "then eat faster, so I can show you what I'm hiding before we watch the sun set."

Rey nodded sipping his next glass. "Just as delicious as the other. Are you going to ask about each one?"

His eyes danced at her playfully as he sipped again. "You need an agent. Seriously. I've heard of some magic users who have enemies and such so they hire people to get them work and test the waters before they take the jobs. Ain't cheap but entirely worth it. And also no i didn't know that castors had issues amongst their own kind. That's rather depressing actually."

~

Gerry flopped into the seat beside Kai. "You look perturbed. Drea make you too pretty?"

He chuckled at his joke and nodded toward Tatia whom the angel and Demon had sidetracked wanting her to help them with the drinks for the group. "that one is turning into an exceptional knife fighter. Should be an expert at it by next week."

~

Elaya giggled, stuck her tongue out at her lover, and set to eating, but she also began stroking Sera's calf and shin with the perfectly smooth curve of her heels.

She giggled, blushing, "sorry I'm just not good...conversing as it is aparent."

The waitress slipped by and Lairia stopped her, asking for a glass of white wine.

"I might as well drink if I'm going to embarrass myself in front of you," she rolled her eyes at herself, "now what was that about my kind? Oh yeah, it's...well I can't say it's a trifle thing. It is rather depressing, but what species is perfect these days? Everyone has something to hate over."

~

Kai nodded, "less Drea more the swarm of woman who tried to tackle us. I've only given my number to like...one girl. And chances are she won't swing by."

"Stop being grouchy," Tatia made a face, setting a drink down for Gerry and herself and passing one to Drea, "that's my thing not yours."

~

Sera groaned, dinner starting to become the last thing on her mind. She was halfway through her food and knew if she didn't eat the rest Elaya would be unhappy. But God did she want this woman.

"Your too much," she sighed, quickening her eating, "I can't take this waiting much longer."

Rey laughed. "You're fine. Just out of practice. And yes...hate is hard to overcome."

he studied her thoughtfully. "Tell me something. What's your earliest memory? In general. You don't have to be specific. Such as I was alive and already a vampire when the battle of Thermopylae happened."

~

Drea rolled her eyes. "The girl in question is already here. and she brought a friend." Drea huffed but pointed over to the women who smiled and waved at Kai sweetly, looking very sexual and happy. "they weren't affected by any magics by the way. Just turned on."

Gerry grinned. "You are embarrassing our river goddess Malakai."

He pulled his leg away from Drea's attempt to kick him, smirking. "notice she didn't argue?"

~

Elaya was now practically inhaling her food, but she did pause to speak. "Then eat faster my love." And resumed her own meal.

The glass of wine was delivered and she thanked the waitress as she disappeared, pulling the curtains a little more closed to give them more privacy.

"My earliest memory? Hm...probably when I was five or six, I was out playing in the fields of acreage my parents owned. Our farmhouse was small and cozy, but also nonsuspicious looking to onlookers, as my father explained to me growing up. It's why they chose a farm, outside of all the bustling cities and castor communities that would only shun them. I grew up there until I was eighteen and decided I wanted to move to the city. But anyways, yes my earliest memory was playing in the fields, always hiding in the crops so my father couldn't find me when the sun went down, I thought myself so tough, wanted to stay out all night. That was the first night he left me out there, taught me a good lesson too when the coyotes came sniffing and I bolted so fast inside my home. Never tried to stay and hide out there again, not till..."

Her smile faded, and she blinked twice, taking a large gulp of her wine and quickly trying to change the subject, "I'm not that old yet Rey. I was born shortly after the Crush, when society started picking up the pieces again and cities were being rebuilt. My hundredth and fifteenth birthday just past although I don't look a day over 26 and I never will. You are much older than I, although I think that's a virtue of yours, to know and have seen so much."

3abc2b74a46ab26f8a961054ce562ab6.jpg

Kai's head popped up as a wide grin stretched across his face and he stood, patting Gerry's back. He moved around the table, giving Drea a small half hug as he lowered his voice, still loud enough for Tatia to hear.

"Ok...you win, this look is better. And about your earlier question...Elaya always felt like...a challenge. But that's water under the bridge now, you helped me score two fantastic looking ladies."

Tatia just groaned at his cheesy words, sipping her beer.

"She you five in the morning," he called, strutting away.

Tatia turned slightly and watched him saunter over and loop each girl's arm around one of his before leading them upstairs for what she could only assume would be a fairly fun threesome.

"Well we are going to be hearing about that for the next week," she sighed, sipping her beer, "Good to know he got over Elaya quick."

Wish I was good at that...

"Anyone know where the other four are?" she asked nonchalantly, making conversation, "I thought we were going to be the last to get back."

Sera scarfed her food down, and was easily done before Elaya. Her patience had grown thin with waiting and with little warning she stood, gently putting Elaya's legs to the ground before walking behind her wolf and kissing her cheek.

"Finish up dear so you can come see."

She danced away to the chaise lounger, that had a back tall enough to hide most her body as she sat down on it, unzipping her dress. With little work she slipped it off, knowing all Elaya could see was her head and partially her shoulders, meaning it would be a surprise when she came over. Slipping the flats and dress off she placed them neatly beside the chaise, knowing they were too high in the sky for anyone to see her partially nude body, and for that matter she didn't care if anyone saw. It gave her an erotic thrill to think people might hear them below, wondering what wonderfully sexual things the phoenix and wolf might be doing.

"you coming?" she purred as she stretched out on the lounger, her fair freckled skin warm against the breeze brushing across it, "I do hope you like the outfit when you come see."

Now without the dress Elaya could see her choice, so that when she came over she'd find her lover wearing erotic little lingerie piece, that clung to her skin, leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination.

115341_thumb_G_1382002936416.jpg

Back
Top Bottom