Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

NightStalker73au and Nightsorceress

Maximus took the small cloth and wet down her forehead, the smaller one was dabbed across her lips as he softly kissed her forehead, words whispered. "Lily my love rest. I will still be here."

Lily sighed. She couldn't fight him. She was to weak. Lily stared up at him.

Marie came to the knocking holding a tray with a serving bowl full of soup, she brought two bowls. As well as some bread cheese and fruit for the king to snack on for she knew he would not be leaving Lily's side.

Maximus barely wanted to eat blaming himself entirely for Lily being in this shape. With the knights all on high alert status now he sighed and watched Maria try to feed Lily. His own eyes blood red from lack of sleep, heart feeling crushed and almost broken.

Lily ate only a little. It was hard for her to hold her head up even though Marie tried to prp her up with pillows Lily still had to try and sit up a little more. After a while she just gave up. Marie Left the bowl next to the bed and looked to Maximus. then she left again.

Lily groaned when he lifted her head up. She ate a little more. the soup soothed her arching throat some. "Maximus, i'm sorry" she said softly.

Maximus smiled a little at her softly spoken words as he set the small bowl down, he would probably discard his own food later. No point in eating with the only thing he wanting so sore because of him. His words spoken in a whisper. "Lily rest now please my love. I will rest with you."

"you need to eat" It pained her to talk, but atleast now she could. Lily clung to him. Part of thought she was dreaming about this. That she thought she was still back in the woods.

Maximus heard her words and shook his head, holding her body close to his he gently rubbed her lower back as his whispered words flowed. "Lily rest please my love."

Her eyes looked up at him she shook her head. She did not want him to get sick because he was not eating. Her heart couldn't bear it.

Maximus kept eye contact with her, taking two pieces of fruit and some of the bread he ate it. Softly kissing her forehead and rubbing her back gently he pulled the covers up over them both.

"i'm afraid....What if i don't wake up" Lily confused softly. Tears began to bubble to her eyes and she looked at him. Her fear clear all over her face.

Maximus heard her words and continued to gently rub her back, he already felt bad enough for having left her alone. Only rest could make her feel better.

Back
Top Bottom