Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SAMOK (EveningSky & G23)

The pain Marcia felt when Ezra Willowfoot divulged all their plans could not be described. What had she been doing all this time, that Samantha felt the need to keep such a major decision from her. In her own youth she would never express wanting to marry Thomas Willowfoot to her mother, but those were different times, and Marcia was not her mother. Her mother carried news to her father, there were no secrets between the two of them. However, Marcia tried not to burden Sean with every matter concerning their children. The man had not even known that Samantha was pregnant, or that she lost the child. Marcia kept many secrets, and she feared one day it would weigh heavy on her marriage, till the bond broke. Now came another secret, Samantha's plan on marrying. Secrets, it would drive the woman crazy one day, she knew it. But part of her believed the marriage would not happen, not after what happened to Samantha. This would give Marcia time, to hopefully make her daughter see reason. At least to come to a compromise and wait...till after they both finished college.

"You give yourself too much credit" She smiled, having another sip of coffee "I'm sure being in her bedroom among family won't make her too heartbroken..." Marcia watched him eat, letting a moment of silence fall between them. Allowing her mind to mull over his concerns about Samantha's mental well being when she awoke. "She's a strong girl Ezra, and she can survive without either one of us. There isn't anything the doctors can do, the pressure that goes on her leg for ballet is simply too much, she would be in a lot of pain." Marcia thought about it for a moment "A great dancer makes a good teacher, If she wants to go that way."

She sighed "I don't have all the answers, but I know she'll find something, she has too" Marcia raised from her seat and carried her cup to the kitchen sink "Our job is to be there for her, because she'll need us" Marcia turned, crossing her arms, her eyes intense in it's gaze on Ezra "And I don't want you burdening her with anything unnecessary. She will need normalcy..." The blonde smiled slightly "Sometimes you tend to be a little weird" She joked. Marcia untied the apron at her waist "I'm going down to the community center, lock the front door when you see yourself out." And with that, she left.

Within the eighteen days Marcia decorated the house, and Samantha's bedroom with pink and gold balloons. Samantha's favourite colour combination. The decorating kept Chase and Brandon busy and excited, Marcia also invited Ezra's sisters over to help decorate the backyard and pool area. Giving them all something to look forward too, easing their minds from what happened in the process. She knew of Samantha's pool party plan for the Willowfoot girl's and reservation orphans. Samantha had spoken of it to Marcia and Sean, asking their permission. So after speaking to Sean, they both decided to have it in her honour, on her eighteenth birthday. Planning kept Marcia's mind off worry, and her heart a little at ease.

And like clockwork, the day finally came. The caterers arrived early, along with the magician, bouncy houses, and inflatable water slides. The Beckett backyard had been covered in balloons, tents with tables and chairs, and kids running around. Marcia Beckett sat back on a chair, sipping her lemonade and smiling, no hint of sadness in her eyes. She knew Samantha would love the fact that her idea came to be realised, that in its self made Marcia happy.

Ezra took pictures with both a instakodak, and some professional cameras.

He was surprised to learn that he liked photography. And his mother claimed he had a knack for it. He didn't see it, but he did continue to take pictures.

As the day wore on, he drew away, and lay the insta pictures on the bed beside Samantha, while the other pictures were off developing. By dark, when things were cycling down, he was nearly silent. He had thanked everyone, and had been touched by their gifts, and he knew Samantha would have loved quite of few of her own gifts, but the day just felt...empty without her.

So after healing clean up and bundling the kids into the tents while the huge screen played some movies, he retreated to Samantha's room. He opened the balcony doors and let the sound fo the movie fill the air. The makeshift drive-in had been Fauna and Thomas's contribution, with two pole trucks now supporting a massive canvas sheet, a rented projector gleaming, and cotton candy and popcorn machines working over time, the kids were having a great time. The movies were some Disneys, and a couple of kids comedies, and the laughter filled the air even more than the soundtrack.

Ezra smiled at the laughter, then took his place on her bed, though this time he lay his head in her lap, while his legs and feet lay on an ottoman and chair that her parents used when they would sit with her. He sighed. "Well...Happy Birthday babe. you would have loved this. The kids are so grateful. Brought you presents and flowers, and hundreds of cards... i have my own special gift for you. Two in fact."

He smiled, then shrugged and rolled onto his side. he took her left hand, and slid a ring onto the third finger. "You already said yes. Let this make it official." It was a platinum band with a large round cut sapphire, ringing with diamond studs. He kissed her hand, then rolled to his back lay her hand on his chest. stroking it gently.

"I love you Samantha." His eyes began to flutter, then soon he was asleep, his fingers still resting atop her's.

Peaceful. That was the word that could be used to describe the atmosphere at the Beckett estate. Race, class and history did not matter. They were all one big happy family, celebrating a day that meant a lot too two special people in their lives. Samantha and Ezra. The two people who constantly seemed to be drawing the families closer together, and at the same time driving them apart. Like the gentle ebbing of the ocean, and it's unpredictable tides. Some days things were low, and problematic. Other days it over flowed in abundance, surprising everyone. The current often pulled everyone involved in opposite directions, causing each of them to fight against inevitability. No one knew what was on the horizon, they were simply staying afloat. Allowing the two teenagers to figure out their path, because Samantha and Ezra were not stuck in th current, somehow they were swimming against it. Heading for land. At least that was what it seemed like. Under currents were everywhere, and just like the ocean, predators were roaming beneath, ready to drag them under when least expected.

"Happy birthday to you both.." Marcia Beckett whispered as she watched him sleep alongside Samantha. Her eyes narrowing on a certain shiny object that adorned her daughter's finger. Marcia swallowed nervously, her eyes travelling to Ezra. So stubborn, she thought. Asking him not to burden Samantha, as Marcia knew now was completely useless. The blonde woman felt defeated, and with a sigh she exited the bedroom.

Sean took immediate notice of his wife's expression when she entered the bedroom. "Is everything alright?"

Marcia nodded "Just exhausted after today" She sat in front the large vanity, removing her peaks earrings and necklace.

"Well from what I heard everyone enjoyed it" Sean flipped the page of the case file he had been reading.

"It's the second joint birthday party they've had"

Sean nodded "Yeah, I remember their fifth like it was yesterday. You and Fauna planned for months, for two freaking five year olds. Now look at them..." Sean glanced up "And even back then Sam always seemed to take the spotlight over Ezra, just for different reasons this time....poor guy"

"What are you trying to say?" Marcia removed her heels

"You raised a forced to reckoned with. She's going to one hell of wife, much like you"

Marcia glared at her husband

"I just mean you both tend to take the reins on things...." Sean quickly explained "I didn't like the fact they they were dating, hated it. But somehow Sam got him to quit the Sons. That's not an easy thing to do with a Willowfoot." Sean shrugged his shoulders " Samantha, from since she was child, always seemed to get Ezra to do whatever she wanted. Makes me wonder if he liked her back then too."

Marcia listened intently, going about her routine of getting ready for bed. "She was bossy back then"

"Still is....Will always be, especially with him. And as a guy I feel sorry for him.." Marcia laughed, knowing what Sean was referring. She too could be a stallion untamed. "...But as a dad..." He continued "...As a dad...he's just the kind of guy I'd want her to marry..." Marcia Beckett halted, her stomach falling to the floor. "....The one who'd treat her like a queen, and not raise his fists to her."

Marcia entered the bedroom, taking their bathroom light off. "So if they were to marry?"

Sean shrugged, without even thinking too much about his wife's tone. "I'd be okay, as long as he stays outta SAMOK"

Marcia smiled slightly, turning off the bedroom lights before getting into bed. Her heart and mind at ease, her worry had been Sean and Henry, and as always Sean proved to be a reasonable man. The trait she adored and fell in love with all those years ago. For a only a reasonable man would be willing to date and marry a woman who had been his rivals so called 'sloppy seconds'.

The entire estate and it's guests where sound asleep, the days activities proving to be fun, and highly tiring. The sounds of night fluttered through the open balcony door, into Samantha's bedroom. The wind picked up it's chill as the hour grew late. The faint sound of a moan escaped the young blonde's pink lips. Her body instinctively turning toward the source of warmth laying beside her. The first voluntary movement of Samantha's since the day of the accident. Her eyes slowly opened, and a weak smile appeared on her lips when she saw his face, peacefully in the land of slumber.

Samantha Gently removed the tubes that were in her nose, throwing it to the side, snuggling closer to the boy she came to love so deeply. In the moonlight she spotted the sapphire stone and platinum band. It shine brightly, a symbol of his love and commitment. Samantha carefully leaned, placing her soft lips on his cheek. Gently passing ber fingers through his hair. She then laid her head back against the pillow, and quietly stared. Her mind trying to remember what had been going on, to come up with an explanation for the tubes that had been connected to her, the reason for her weakness and hazed memory. And as her mind worked, her eyes began closing again.

As her fingers moved through his hair, Ezra's eyes stopped moving.

He took a breath, then opened his eyes in time to see her's. He stared at her for a long moment, then blinked several times before bringing his hand up and gently cupping her cheek. "Sam...how....how do you feel?"

He wanted to say more. To yell for her mother. But he couldn't. Not yet.

Part of him thought it had to be a dream. He prayed it wasn't but it might be.

He gulped lightly stroking her face, his eyes searching her face with the same hunger they always did. he waited for her answer, needing to hear her voice, to be assured she was truly awake.

Just as the darkness had been about to swallow her, Ezra's voice had been the light, bringing her back. The dark brown orbs, slowly opened, that weak smile appearing on her drawn face. "You're.....crushing....me" her voice was light, a sight as the wind. Barely audible, but there. Carefully, she wiggled her hand that Ezra seemed to have shifted onto in his concerned state.

Samantha's eyes closed for a second, as her hand came free. She managed another weak smile, finding it amusing that Ezra was worried about her. She seemed to be making him worry a lot recently. She searched his dark eyes, the darkness masking its deep shade of blue. "I feel..."Samantha swallowed "....weak..." She tried smiling "...but fine" The weakness came from her lack of vitamin D and solid nutrients. Her body only receiving its vital supply in form of IV.

He smiled and raised his other hand and moved her hand onto his cheek. "You're awake. And beautiful."

He leaned forward and kissed her softly. The nurse brushed her teeth three times a day to prevent rotting and decay. He smiled. "Let me go get your mom. and the nurse...."

Despite the words he made no movements, wanting to stay here with her forever.

Samantha squeezed his hand lightly, giving a shake of her head. "Don't..." She snuggled closer "Let's just rest" her eyes closed and mind calmed. Her head resting near Ezra's chest, listening to his heart beat. "I just wasn't stay here...." Her voice carried softly. "...what happened to me Ezra?" Samantha although asking the question, did not need an answer. She remembered a man, coming out his van wearing black leather. An item of clothing she knew too well. The cutte of SAMOK.

Her eyes shut tightly as his words shook her from within. "This is from us....and Ezra" She remembered, and she would tell no one. "If you talk, your brothers are next" Samantha was not certain of he meant when she blacked out, all bloodied on the road side. Now she did. "Brandon and Chase....are they alright?" She looked into his eyes desperately.

He arched an eyebrow. "The boys are fine. Been worried about you. That's it."

He studied her face carefully. "Why would you think the boys are in danger?"

He was entirely confused. Even Henry wouldn't try to kill his nephews. Would he?

He shook himself and cupped her cheek. "I promise you. They are just fine Sam. Not so much as a drop of blood lost not in play."

Samantha's voice was weak as she spoke "I'm just...worried about them." A smile tugged at the edge of her lips, and once again her eyes closed. Somehow shutting her brown orbs gave the blonde girl a little more energy each time. Every time she reopened them again, they stated right at him. A look of love, unmistakable in everyway. Yet there was something hidden behind the love and adoration. Something that Samantha had not been aware of. Was it caution, for the boy she'd known all her life. Was it blame, for someone that she knew would take a bullet so that she would not have too. The answers were not easy, and she could not decipher anything in such a vulnerable state. What Samantha Beckett did know, was that her connection with Ezra Willowfoot needed to end. For the sake of those of those she loved. More than she loved him

Inconspicuously her hand rested on the place that once held life. A life she could feel tell was no longer there. Whatever tears threatened to spill, Samantha held back. She would not meet him see her cry, she could not. Just like her mother, Samantha decided that Ezra need not know everything. It was that desicion that would lead the two young lover's down a path of destruction. A path that led directly into the eye of the storm. A storm that would uproot their entire foundation, shattering any semblance of a future they were hoping to have. Maybe if Samantha had known what secrets would bring, maybe just maybe....She would have told Ezra everything. And just as their future would be, Samantha's vision went dark. Slumber taking her into its arms.

Ezra watched her, noting her hand and wanted to comfort her, but he didn't know how to tell her. He knew.

He had looked into her file and had heard it from the EMT as well.

He didn't know what to do. So he let her sleep.

But he also sensed the wall forming between them. Had she not needed the rest so badly, had he been more experienced in matters of love, or if he was not so devoted to her health and happiness, things could have been reversed.

But like his love, he let their relationship tumble off the path to happiness. And he didn't even know it.

As the sun peered from its hiding spot, Samantha's eyes opened once more. Just in time to see light, after many months of darkness. A small but satisfied smile cross her elegant features. Not only because of the natural light light that barely painted the walls of her bedroom. But because of the boy who never left. Who was now sleeping comfortably at her side, bronze skin, a result of his hard work on the football field. Not his race. What gave wind of the nativity, was long feathery lashes that gently caressed the bottom of his eyes. And his lion's mane that matched, long and untamed, falling carelessly around his face. A child's spirit lived in Ezra. Only giving light to its existence when the young boy was asleep. Samantha stared at the little boy, her eyes twinkling with admiration and undeniable love. With a sigh Samantha sat up, inching to the edge of her bed slowly, glancing behind, careful not to wake Ezra. With a deep breath, and a nervous bite of her lips Samantha closed her eyes. And her feet touched the floor. Wobbling slightly, after a long time of no movement, except what Ezra provided. But she didn't know it. Successfully she stood, standing as best a a comatose patient would, willing her weak body to the balcony. With a gentle squeeze of the golden handles of the doors, she stepped out onto the landing. Coldness seeping into the soles of her feet, did not deter her. Samantha's hand came into contact with the white railing and her eyes with the tents and blown out bonfire.

"Samantha...?" Her mother's familiar voice came like music to her ears.

Her body turned slightly and a bright smile appeared "Mum" Samantha slowly walked back, Marcia catching her in a tight hug before she leave the balcony. Mother and daughter, tightly connected, in a loving embrace. "You're crushing me"

Marcia stopped crying pulling back, wiping her tears "Sorry sorry..." The woman chuckled, holding her child's face between the soft palm of her white hands "It's just....you're here....I can see your eyes" Marcia swallowed, her eyes threatening to run a river again.

"What happened?" Samantha asked her brown eyes searching her mother's green ones.

Marcia glanced at the bed where Ezra was still asleep. Her eyes travelling back to her little girl. "Come..." She held Samantha's arm, leading the blonde girl from the bedroom, to their upstairs sitting room. A place that the family rarely used, another one of Brandon and Chase's playing spots. Marcia sat Samantha on the cream sofa, her hands gently rubbing hers. A action of comfort. "Do you remember the accident?"

Samantha nodded, her eyes moving from their hands, to the window on their right. "...Yes"

Marcia knew who had been behind it, so she pressed for no further details. She Henry was too much of a coward to run his niece over himself. No. He would have hired someone to the dirty work. And Marcia did not want Samantha reliving the event, not at the moment.

"Mum.."

Marcia was tugged from her thoughts "Yes honey?"

Brown doe liked eyes slowly retreated from the scenery outside the window. Instead, it focused on her stomach, her throat constricting, "My baby" She whispered, the brown eyes focusing on Marcia now. Speechless, Marcia shook her head slowly. It was Samantha's turn now to cry. The young girl's eyes filled, pouring over onto her pale skin, and sunken cheeks.

Marcia's arms engulfed Samantha, as any loving mother would. "I'm so sorry honey...I'm So so sorry" She cried with her grieving daughter. Knowing how excited she had been, how maternal she was becoming. "The accident was bad, the baby couldn't make it." Marcia tightened her embrace "But you have so many more to come, you'll be an amazing mother to beautiful children someday." Marcia's hand rubbed her back "That baby is fine, It's with God. He probably knew you weren't ready"

Samantha pulled away from her mothers embrace "This....is not...God's fault" The young blonde said between sobs.

Marcia smiled "You're right....you're absolutely right" It's Henry's

"Can I have barley porridge...not thick" Samantha asked quietly.

Marcia smiled "Of course, I know you hate thick porridge. From ever since you were little, you loved it thin enough to drink in your bottle"

Before Marcia exited the sitting room, Sean Beckett quietly retreated to their bed room. A hurricane of emotions running through his mind. The shock of learning about Samantha's pregnancy, knocking the wind right out of him. Sean took a seat on the bed, staring out into the nothingness. His fist clenching, anger seeping into his every vein. Angry at the man who ran into her, the one who impregnated her. And Angry at himself.

Marcia opens the backdoor of the Beckett home, just in case any early risers needed anything in the kitchen. With the kids still sleeping out back and Samantha awake. The elderly blonde dialed their local diner, ordering up a full breakfast menu for fifty people. With a plan of she and Fauna making it themselves out the door. Now that Samantha was awake, Marcia's time would be occupied, and she knew Fauna would also be busy. Samantha's coma had been difficult, but her awakening brought many more challenges, many more secrets.

Ezra had stirred when Marcia came into the room, but he let himself relax and was actually able to let himself sleep yet remain aware.

He waited until he heard Samantha's sobs, then rose and went into the sitting room.

He knelt before Samantha and gently took her hands, kissing them. "What do you need Samantha?"

He looked up into her eyes, wanting to help her. To say something to fix her. But he knew better.

He was unaware of Sean's newly gained knowledge, and even if he had known, he wouldn't have cared. Only she mattered to him. And he was terrified of her reaction when she also learned that dancing was no longer in her future. Tied with losing the baby, he worried greatly for her mental health.

Samantha stared at him, no emotion on her face. She looked right though him, for the first time ever, his face made her angry. Angry for the baby that was stolen from her. Angry about the difficulties Ezra brought, hardship upon hardship. Could they ever be happy. Would they ever be. After a few minutes her eyes finally registered his presence, a sigh escaping her lips. "I want to be alone" Gently, she removed her hand from his. Samantha rose from the couch, taking herself back to the bedroom, closing the door.

Sean exited the master bedroom just as Samantha returned to hers. Just as he stepped up to her door, ready to hug her again. He spotted Ezra. Without thinking the ma approached the eighteen year old, raising his fist, hitting him square in the jaw. His face a canvas of anger, sadness and disappointment. Sean said nothing, he didn't need words to make the point known. He knew who the father of the baby had been. Sean Beckett did not normally use such violence when angry, but Samantha was not normally involved in those situations. There was a message in his fist, and he hoped Ezra got it. "Get the hell out of my house..." The voice was low, dangerously calm. The man turned on his heels, and with a deep breath, entered his daughter's bedroom. Anxious to hold his baby girl again.

Ezra was hit twice. First by Samantha, then by Sean. he didn't even truly feel the second blow. But it did have a very dark way of focusing him.

His eyes flashed. Not bright with anger, but every drop of emotion fled him.

He took out the phone, the one only Samantha had the number too, and dropped it. He grabbed his jacket, put it on, trotted down the stairs, and his bike roared as he tore off out the gate.

Fauna came into the house very concerned. "Marcia!?" She heard sounds in the kitchen, then entered. "Marcia what happened?"

"Ezra?" Marcia called out, her voice falling on deaf ears as Ezra Williwfoot stormed out of the house. The engine of his bike roaring to life soon after, and within seconds he was no longer. The blonde woman frowned, her eyes travelling toward the stairs that he'd just descended. Something happened between the two young lover's. Marcia did not need a detective to tell her that. The way the young boy left, something was wrong.

Marcia shook her head as she entered her kitchen once more I told him not to smother her. She gave birth to Samantha, she knew the young blond better than anyone. Ezra should have listened. With a sigh Marcia continued stirring the barley. When Fauna came,.concerned and frantic. Marcia merely smiled "Samantha is awake..." She poured extra milk into the pot, thinning the barley just as Samantha liked it "She and Ezra may have had a little....disagreement. You know how they are.sometimes." She transferred the porridge to bowl "Fauna I warned him to give her space, and you know your son. He practically slept in her bed every night" Marc is read her hands in mock surrender "Not that it's a bad thing, it helped quite a bit." Marcia knew no good way of saying what she was about to say "But sometimes.I think he can be too much. Especially now with her fragile state....The last thing she needs is Ezra's over emotional behaviour to deal with" Marcia took the tray in both hands, gripping it tightly "Speak to your son, he might listen to you" With that a said Marcia Beckett left the room, heading up to Samantha.

Fauna blinked, then her eyes narrowed. "So your daughter is the one who hit my son? Don't bullshit me Marcia. I know that boy just as well as you do your daughter."

She turned and went out slamming the door.

She went out to her husband. "Go wake the girls. Samantha is awake. They'll wanna see her. I think Sean punched Ezra."

She grabbed his jaw as his face clouded. "No. you get someone out there and find our son."

He studied her face then nodded, then moved away drawing out his own phone. She went to little Nicole and raised the baby and rocked her. "oh honey...what are we guna do?"

~

Red knew Ezra too. Maybe, in his way, even better than Fauna or Thomas.

Red had always been Ezra's refuge. So when Thomas called him he just said. "Don't worry son. He's here."

He hung up, just as Ezra turned into the driveway. He watched the boy park his bike, shut it off, then pull off his helmet and go into the gym. And begin to pummel the heavybag.

The sounds of the blows were so loud they startled Ilysa. She looked at her husband who shook his head.

He gave Ezra fifteen minutes. Then he went out to the gym and sat on the edge of a table. "i hear Samantha woke up."

No answer save the thud of fists and knees into canvas.

"She hit you?"

Ezra remained silent.

"Sean then."

No reaction but Red nodded. "So just guna shut down? Get cold on us all again?"

Ezra whirled, tears streaming down his cheeks. "I'm trying Pop! I love that woman with all i am! But everytime I reach out to her she pushes me away! I don't know what to do!"

Red stood, and moved close to the young man. "Ezra... are you sure you love her?"

Ezra nodded emphatically.

"Then don't stop." He took his grandson into his arms, gripping his neck, forcing the tear soaked face onto his shoulder. "You love that woman with all you got. And if she loves you, she'll call you back."

Ezra gripped his grandfather and sobbed. The two stood that way for more than an hour. Then Red gently drew Ezra inside and up to his room. Ezra flopped into bed asleep instantly.

And Red knew the relationship was over. Samantha was just too much trouble. Either she would wind up dead or his grandson would. But He would not forbid it. He had a feeling Samantha was going to run off on Ezra. He had no faith in her. Not with her father and mother playing the blame game.

And that was a shame. She was a beautiful girl. And she had seemed to love Ezra.

He sat in his chair in the chapel and sighed. "We'll see though. Maybe Sean and Marcia won't scare her off."

~

Fauna was done. Marcia had lied to her for years. And now she blamed Ezra for this. She could see it. Hell she could feel it.

So while the girls went up to the door and rang the bell to ask if they could see Samantha, she was loading the other kids into the bus, and collecting their thank you cards to the Becketts.

When she had them all she put them into a basket and gave it to Thomas who put it on the porch, then watched Fauna climb into the bus with Nicole, and drive off. She never looked back.

He sighed and stood behind his daughters, then began tickling them as they waited for someone to answer the door.

Marcia Beckett opened the door, smiling down at the three girls "You came to see Samantha" The blonde woman aside, meeting the girls and their dad into the house. "She's in her room" Marcia led the way, glancing back at Thomas "Where's Fauna?" When they reached the door to Samantha's bedroom she knocked gently, sticking her head inside "The Willowfoot girls are here to see you" she announced, pushing the door open, sending the girls inside. With her body, Marcia blocked Thomas. The ' We need to talk look written on her face'.

Marcia took a deep breath, spreading herself "What slap was Fauna referring too?" The blonde woman knew nothing of it. "Samantha barely has the strength to smile and talk, she would never slap Ezra. Sure she gets moody when she's ill but nothing to that extent." The woman sighed "I told Ezra she needs space, what Samantha hates the most is being smothered when she is like this. I've taking care of her for the past eighteen years....She hates visitors and pity. Despite all that, she would not slap him in her state....maybe when she's normal, but not like this"

Sean Beckett approached from behind, hearing every word his wife said "I punched him.." his eyes were locked in Thomas "Your boy couldn't keep.it in his pants...don't stand there and tell me you wouldn't have done the same for your girls..."

Samantha managed a small smile when the girls entered "Hey y'all" The young blonde was never one for visitors when ill. But she would make an exception for the little girls, they only wanted to see her well. Samantha would ease their minds. Just as she eased her brothers, the two young boys were sitting on the bed, finishing their sister's porridge. "How have you three been?" Samantha tucked a strand of her long blonde locks behind her right ear. She patted the bed on her right side, giving them permission to climb up.

Thomas' eyes moved to Sean, then to Marcia. He said not a word, but turned and went to the sitting room and retrieved his son's phone.

He moved to the top of the stairs, watching both Becketts carefully. He said nothing at all. He had nothing to say.

The girls sat in place, but as ordered did not push too close to Samantha. "We missed you Sammy. how do you feel?" They were clearly nervous about hurting her, though this was because their sage, a very knowledgeable high school girl, she was in 7th grade, had told them that 'comers were real dangerous and people could fall into them again real easy so you had to be careful.'

The girls of course believed this, and were extra special with Sammy.

"I'm doing good"Samantha looked at each one of them. Their genuine concern for her quite touching. "I heard you guys had a blast yesterday" Her met Chase, remembering all the stories she'd heard just a few minutes ago. "I wish i was there, sounded like fun" As her eyes observed the young boys and girls, her heart ached. The joys of being child again. So carefree. Samantha would give it all up, for just one day in her childhood again. A world where everyone was happy, and adulthood seemed like it would never come. A moment in time where she had been untainted. No abuse, no sex, no drugs. She missed the old Samantha. Innocence had been taken from her. There was no in between. Life was either love, or hate. Hating was hard, and love was even harder.

Marcia entered the room, a soft smile on her face. She waved the three girls over "Say your goodbyes to Samantha girls. Your Papa is waiting"

Samantha gave them all a big smile, making herself sit up right, just enough to give them all hugs. "I'll see you all when I get better...promise. we'll go for ice cream like we did that day after market..."

Chase and Brandon both grinned at the girls. "We can okay pirates again" Brandon blurted. Samantha nodded in agreement. When her began ushering the Willowfoot girl's out,a memory filtered back into The young blonde's mind.

"Janice..." She called out to the eldest girl. Samantha motioned her back into the room.

"I'm taking the others out" Marcia said "Meet us down stair okay honey.."

Samantha waited till her mother left the room before she attempted removing herself from the bed. Mustering whatever energy she could, the barely porridge fueling her actions. Samantha sat on a soft fluffy white stool. Opening the second drawer of her vanity. She pulled out gift wrapped item. The scrapbook she had been working on, assortment of pictures depicting her relationship with a certain boy. The pictures of them ranging from toddlers to teens. Memories of their play dates as children, their silly rabbit costumes for the kindergarten play when they were four. To their costumes as Samson and Delilah at the age of seventeen. Standing side by side, unadulterated smiles. The epitome of happiness. An empty page at the end of the book, titled 'Our Wedding Day' written in Samantha's God awful excuse for cursive handwirting. With a stretch of her hand she reached into the back of the drawer "There it is.."

The young blonde pulled out another wrapped present, in the shape of a box. In it an old bullet, attached to black string. Quickly she grabbed one of her designer handbags, placing the items in it. Reaching in the drawer for the birthday letter she penned months ago. "Give this to your brother. Please..." Samantha hugged her tightly "The bag is yours, consider it payment" She chuckled.

"Janice your dad is waiting.." Sean poked his head in

Samantha waved her off "Hurry" She watched Janice leave Chase and Brandon following her out, to say their goodbyes. Samantha returned to her bed. Her mind nervously wondering if her fiancee would like his birthday presents. She found it hard to shop for a guy like him, a guy that had everything. So she took another route, the scrapbook, and the necklace. Both made by her hands, over the course of three months. As she laid in bed, her eyes closed. The contents of the letter flooded her thoughts bringing a soft smile to her.

To My Biker Boy

Dont you dare laugh at the scrapbook. I thought you'd enjoy something mushy, since you can be quite mushy yourself. Took me lots of digging to find pictures of us together as kids. You were so cute back then. I should've dated that little boy.Ezra you saved my life. The bullet isn't darkness, it represents light. You saw my pain when I was with Colin. You were there when no else was. You saved me. You took not just one bullet for me Ezra, but so many others. And one day I'll take one for you. And don't argue with me. I can be the hero too. I Hope this shows you how much you mean to me, and where I want us to go. I don't want us right now. I want us forever. So pray with me, that God gives us forever. And if not then I want you to know that....I Love you.

Happy Birthday

Three month passed since the eighteenth birthday of Samantha Beckett and Ezra Willowfoot. Wilmington reverted back to normal, except Samantha Beckett. After learning she could not dance, her tears last many a nights. Depression followed soon after, Samantha cutting herself off from everyone. Especially her best friend Tiffany. Samantha had not seen a wink of Ezra, and for that she had been grateful, because his engagement ring had been tucked away in her night stand. Not displayed on her slender fingers like it should have been. Determined to get her daughter out of the rut she found herself in. Marcia hired a physical therapist, someone to help Samantha regain the strength in her legs. To begin using them again. After a months of therapy, she tried dancing again. The results not as she expected. Ballet was no more. Her legs could not stretch to its previous capabilities. The graceful elegant poise she possessed. Replaced with pain. It took Samantha a while, but the young blonde finally came to terms with her new life. Or at least that's what she told herself.

Eventually TIffany was allowed to see her best friend again. The two girls spent their time in the house, or out in the backyard. The redhead catching her blonde friend up to speed on all the latest news of Wilmington. Especially the rift between her family, and Ezra's. The silence between Marcia and Fauna had been making the rounds of the elite. Mainly housewife gossip. Something about Marcia flirting with Thomas, the man's old flame catching his attention again. Silly, rumours women made up over tea. Not wanting her friend to believe such idiocies, Samantha told Tiffany what re ally occured. Leaving out the part about her pregnancy. Samantha still believed only she and her mother had been privy to such information.

Graduation day was fast approaching and Samantha had been preparing the make her debut back into society then. Everyone heard of her awakening, but Wilmington was yet to see it's princess. And as her father's vehicle pulled into the crowded parking lot of Wilmington high, Samantha took a deep breath. Her brown eyes scanning over the sea of blue graduation gowns. Just like the one she wore. Her hand ran over the smooth silky material of the graduation. Her heart beating a mile a minute, anticipation building within. Not just for the fact that she would soon be heading college, but for the fact that she would see Ezra again. After what felt like decades. With that thought in mind, Samantha Beckett stepped out of the vehicle, her long blonde tresses flowing elegantly about her. The blue sapphire stone adorning her left hand, second finger from the left.

The first thing Samantha saw when she stepped out of the car was Ezra.

He had moved to the car the moment he saw it. He was not in his gown. He was just in jeans, and a tshirt. On his chest was her necklace.

He looked into her eyes, tears on his cheeks. "Samantha."

He had actually lost some size, but only in leaning down. His face looked more like a wolf than ever before. His skin was deeper shade of burnt gold. His hair was longer. Much longer. It fell to his waist even bunched into a ponytail.

He didn't try to touch her, and he couldn't say anything else.

Red and Ilysa stood in the path of her parents. Ilysa had taken Sean, knowing he wouldn't dare hit an old woman, and Red just stood in the way. Neither spoke.

This was an important moment.

Ezra had been miserable. He had wanted to go see her despite Sean's anger, but had been denied, even ordered by his parents and grandparents. And he had grated under it.

And in a way blossomed. He had not been as much fun to his friends. He wouldn't even go to victory parties, and had refused to attend any award dinners or shows. Wilmington had a slew of new trophies and awards, many bearing his name. But everyone had realized he was in pain and had drawn away.

He had stopped speaking again. in fact her name was the first word he had uttered to anyone in more than a month, and the first word he had spoken to anyone not his blood relative since Sean had hit him.

Fauna and Thomas were nearby, watching the young couple. SAMOK was in heavy presence, in cuttes, all watching for any trouble. especially from Henry Beckett or his boys.

The shock had been evident in her flawless face. Anticipation and expectation were two completely different things. Samantha anticipated seeing Ezra at graduation. However, she had not expected to see him so soon, tear stained cheeks staring her right in the face. The young blonde did not notice the hoarse if bikers in the distance, or his grandparents. She stepped closer, her eyes twinkling with amusement and pride. He wore her necklace. The silver bullet attached to the black cord, sitting on top his t-shirt did not seem out of place at all. Just as Samantha predicted, it went seamlessly with his style and persona. The bad boy biker. No one would be none the sentiment it held. What it mean to her.....to him.

With her bare hands she carefully wiped the young man's tears. A small smile playing at the edge of her pink lips. "I thought you find it so girly. I was pondering getting you dog tags with our names. But that would be too obvious. Thus way none of your buddies can tease you " She glanced down at his chest "I'm glad you're wearing it" Samantha tip toed, wrapping her arms around Ezra, hugging him tightly. Inhaling the scent that she grew so accustomed too. A scent that comforted her through many difficult times. God, she missed him.

"Stop crying..." Samantha whispered, staring into his gorgeous deep blue eyes. "...high school's over" The young blonde, placed the hat on her head,grinning. As if suddenly toy realising, her eyes narrowed "Where's your robe?" Samantha frowned, her hands touching his hair, wondering why he had allowed it to grow so long, and more importantly why wasn't it cut for the ceremony. "Ezra...what's going on?" She inquired, glancing about at the company they had.

"I have been asked not to walk-"

The sports teams, including the cheerleaders, suddenly surrounded them, gave a hoot and he smiled as they began to cheer her name. As they did so the people began to clap for her.

He smiled and leaned in to speak into her ear. "I have been asked not to walk in the gown because I am to escort you to the stage, along with the Tribal Elders. May i take your arm my dear?"

He had not released their hug, his eyes bright. "I promise I'm graduating. With full top marks actually. But we missed you. And i have something...special for your return."

Samantha Beckett could no sooner her surprise than she could the blush that rose to her cheeks. Her eyes narrowed at the young man before her "You are such a schemer..." Samantha turned to the vehicle, helping her little brothers out. She stooped, fixing their ties and jackets. Like the older sister she was, Samantha straightened the boys up. Even patting down the hairs that got out of their place. Marcia side stepped Red when the cheering for Samantha began, knowing the man would not dare lay a hand on her, with ease she moved to her husband's side.

"Ilysa.." The blonde womanssid, acknowledging the elder. The Beckett's took no offense to being flanked. But saw no reason for it. They did however, take offense to being judged for wanting to protect their one and only daughter.

Chase looked up at Ezra, with his usual smile "Your hair is real long"

"Looks like a girl" Brandon commented innocently

Samantha rolled her eyes, glancing back at her fiancee "I'm sorry" She mouthed. The blonde's gaze returned to the two boys in front of her, then to her parents "I'm going in with Ezra. So I'll see you guys after the ceremony" After exchanging brief hugs Samantha turned her attention back to the patient Ezra Willowfoot, offering her arm the young girl smiled "Lead the way..."

Ezra took her arm and lead her inside as requested, laughing as they were followed by the cheering crowd.

When they and the boys were gone, Ilysa moved to block Sean and Marcia. She looked right into Sean's eyes. "if you ever lay a finger on my grandson again you will answer to me."

Red moved up and took her arm as she glared at him. "He would have loved that baby just as much as he does her."

Her eyes moved to Marcia. "And you have no right to judge little girl." Red lead her away, but it was clear the woman's rage was contained only by the slimmest thread of control.

One of the Willowfoot guys came up to them. "Mr. And Mrs. Beckett. You've been asked to take special seats up on stage as well. Do you need anything else?" he was entirely unaware of the drama between Ilysa and the Beckett's. Even Red had not reacted, though he had also been surprised. Ilysa was a fierce mother and protector, but she rarely let her emotions get to her.

Fauna and Thomas were both noticed by their absence.

Samantha kept looking up at Ezra, unsure of where they were going. Her eyes scanned the crowd for Tiffany, soon spotting her best with her boyfriend, Eddy. The cute couple waving at her, the red head Throwing her best friend a thumbs up. Samantha raised her hand, shooting her a thumbs up as well. They made it, high school was over. And they were both graduating, with a guy who meant the world to them.

Marcia and Sean sighed at Ilysa's outburst. The blonde woman eyeing her husband slightly annoyed " If I wanted Samantha to leave Ezra I could make it happen. Why don't they realise this already..."Sean patted his wife's hand gently, following the boy who approached them. Confused at his request for them to sit on stage.

Back
Top Bottom