Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Always a thief(lady/moon)

Belladonna smiled a little as she patted her sword and she knew she had other knives to reach for. “You look sort of silly, but you look amazing. Really. You’ll do fine.”she said loking amused before snickering at james’ words. “I don’t think you’ll have to worry about sith forgetting he can go armed. I think he’s enjoying being a soft looking kitty at the moment.”Belladonna snickered a little amused because it was ebtter then being afraid, and it really was amusing to see the small cat being ready to shift at a moment, and she knew he was ready. Sith was one of the faster transformers she’d ever seen, able to drop as a tabby and hit the ground running as his preferred fighting form of a saber tooth cat. It’d be a foolish seelie who forgot that. Smiling as Crystall annoucned them, she tensed when the doors creaked open. “That’s not creepy or anything at all.”She muttered making a face.

"gee thanks." James mock grumbled, smiling at her. "i feel silly. like some little kid trying to play at being a prince" he admitted. "thanks though. i have ll the faith in the world that you and everyone else will have me whipped up into a proper king in no time." he admitted with a smile. "Oh, Sith is the most dangerous out of all of us." he admitted. especially since Sith was in a bad mood for having to leave his Kittens back home in the care of a 'sitter'. "we'll have to have that fixed." James agreed, straightening in his saddle and Ziza strutted forward, leading the way into the Seelie Courts. "I Am James DeLucas Byrne. Son of Oberon and Rightful King to the Unseelie Throne." James intoned, nerly flinching under the weight of the magic here. "Mab, the Dark Queen is Dead, slain by Magic for Using Magic Most Foul Against King Oberon, Who has been Freed from her Influence." James explained to the massive crowd gathering. "I Have The Right as the King of the Unseelie, Aided by the Word and Will of the King and Heir of the Seelie Throne, To Investigate within this realm for a Traitor." He informed the gathered crowd, his eyes scanning all the people there. "i want Lord Oberon and Queen MAbs personal retainers here immediately, if you please." anyone who directly answered to them. the head of the guards, butlers, maids, personal assistants and hand maidens. thy would all be questioned, though James had no doubt that the person who had helped Mab control Oberon was at the very least sick, from being punished by Magic so it would hopefully not be too hard to find them.

“You’re very welcome.”Belladonna smiled at him, “You look like a adult though. No kid playing dress up.”She promised smiling at him, before nodding. “we’ll have you in shape in no time.”She promised before snorting a little. “Indeed. Hopefully Alex and Gabe are up to being kitten-sitters.”She giggled a little watching the strut forward, calming a little as none in the crowd struck out at him, even though they there was mutters and whispers, no one lashed out at them. Though there were a few sick here and there, thankfully for the most part, the court was well. By the time they finished talking to everyone, she frowned a little as she stared at the lord that was in charge of oberon’s hunting dogs. “Is that....lord Carn?”She asked, wondering why there was a lord of the wild hunt, staying here. She’d known Oberon had welcomed them sometimes, but considering how sick the man looked, she had a bad feeling this was going to be going badly. “Father?”she muttered glancing at the man.

"Thanks Flower." James murmured with a smile. he had taken up calling her that wherever he was really appreciating her, not that he had noticed. he'd been calling her Flower a lot in the recent hours. "they'll be fine." James promised. "this won't be the first time Alex has handled newborn kittens. and it will be good practice for them." he admitted with a grin. "It is indeed." Cernunnos admitted. "He was here inspecting the Seelie, and Unseelie court hunting and guard dogs." He admitted. "Lord Carn!" Cernunnos thundered, drawing James attention onto the man. "Step Forward!" Cernunnos ordered. as the man's King, Carn could not disobey. "Tell me NOW, Where is the Lady Titania?!" Cernunnos commanded, James spreading his senses to touch as many cats, dogs, birds, bugs and plants as he could. looking for any and all prisons and prisoners that where being held here.

"Your welcome."Belladonna smiled a little at him. Frowning a little at her father she looked a little shaken at the idea that one of the wild court was involved in this. Mistral might have been wild born, but for most of his life, he'd lived in the unseelie court. Can paled at the others yell, stumbling slightly as he neared his king."my l-lord."he stuttered a little paling, swaying on his feet, trying to resist telling before
."the summer prisons my lord. The last cell."despite its name, the summer prisons were the darkest, most brutal prison faerie prison in existence

Cernunnos looked furious at Carn and he snarled, his hands tightening on the mock reins he was holding. He never used reins on his horses since they knew where he wanted them to go. instead he used decorative straps that where pretty much useless, which meant he could twist them all he pleased. "You have betrayed your people Carn!" Cernunnos snarled. "You will take us there, NOW." Cernunnos thundered, magic spiking his words, forcing Carn to obey as James dismounted. "We won't even bother with killing him are we? Magic's doing it nice and slow for us. what else was he involved in though? and why? why would he do this!?" James wondered. "Answer!" Cernunnos commanded, sweeping down from his own mount.

Belladonna tensed looking worried about her father, swallowing thickly as Carn stared at them, wincing as carn shook his head rapidly even as he jerkily started walking towards the entrance towards the prison. “Yes, it is. Slowly, and painfully.”Belladonna muttered shuddering as she saw how it was taking care of carn, wincing as she dismounted herself. “...Because....because I loved her. So much. To want to make sure she’s happy.” “Mab?” “Of course.She is the dark lady. She is supposed to be happy!And seh has to be happy, she wanted oberon.”Carn said eyes wide and scared as he led them towards the prison.

"Because you loved... come here." Cernunnos commanded, yanking Carn over to him, checking him for love potions of any kind. they had found one in Drake, one that lowered his reasoning abilities and his inhibitions, which was why he actually attacked and tried to kill James. if they found one in Carn it would explain a lot, though such potions could not stop free will. Drake wanted to 'eliminate the competition and used the suspicion that James was using love potions to excuse his own actions. Carn had done the same, using his love for Mab as an excuse. which was why he was being punished by magic. it would explain why so many where so willing to do such things for her however. "Oberon was not hers to have. you interfered in a Soul Bond Carn." James said, staring at him. "the only reason you are still alive is because Magic wants to make you suffer longer than anyone else aside from Mab." he admitted, refraining from telling him she was dead for now. he didn't want to risk his mother.

Carn yelped as the other pulled him close, struggling to get away. And it disappointed belladonna to know that the man had genuinely loved mab, and in turn forced others to do what he wanted by the use of potions. This was just sick. It looked horrible. “She deserved him!” “Not at this cost. No one deserved what OBeron’s dealing with.”Belladonna growled paling as they moved their way deeper into the dark prison, where no sunlight had ever touched, moving closer, down into it before pausing in front of the doors as carn stopped, blinking in the near total darkness, only the flame sith was carrying as a magic light showed any light to walk by. “Titiana?”Sith called out, only able to see because he’d shifted enough that his eyes were more cat then human

"No. she did not deserve him." James said firmly. "Had you ever done what was right, instead of what she wanted, you and her might have been saved." James admitted. time for a bit of revenge of his own. "Mab is already dead." he informed the man. "She died yesterday morning. the effort of trying to invade a country away from the little bit of magic that kept her going was the end of her." he admitted. "she and half her illegal army died on my lawn." He decided to throw the dog a bone. no pun intended. "she died rather peaceful, we made her as comfortable as we could." he admitted to him. "we'll make sure once you start deteriorating, to make you comfortable as well. it won't be long for you now." he admitted before scowling as he saw the dark cell. "Titania?.... Mother?" he asked, examining the lock of the cell before shrugging and took a seed out of his pocket. this was something he'd done before. it was technically cheating but this wasn't a challenge. he took an English Ivy seed and slipped it into the lock hole and with a burst of magic the plant grew at such a burst of speed it broke the lock. this didn't work with all locks of course. anything of a higher quality wouldn't really be affected. it would have to be cleaned but for the kinds of places he usually robbed this was a bit of a pointless trick. as old as this lock was, it was fragile enough for the tough ivy to break. he swung the cell open and moved into the cell, jumping when another two lights followed him. Crystall and Cernunnos lighting his way as he knelt next to the woman and gently brushed her hair away from her face, checking her breathing and her pulse. he knew she wasn't dead because Oberon would have noticed but she was very sick nd very weak. they had not been careful with her condition.

“She wanted him!”Carn said stubbornly, before swaying, paling as he considered James. “N-no. Lies.” “He cannot lie, Carn. She is gone.”Belladonna said before nodding. “sshe was at peace in the end.”Sith said tense himself the further in they got, resting a hand on carn’s arm to make sure the man could keep walking, even if he looked ready to fall over. “...”The dark haired woman that looked up at him flinched slightly in the sudden light, looking vaguely confused and lost, she looked like a sick alex. A alex who had no idea what to do, while she was unseelie sidhe, it seemed her seelie son took after her in everything, where james looked like his father. “...Oberon?”She muttered looking utterly lost, closing her eyes again, weak and tired.

"No lies, Carn. she is dead. you'll be joining her soon enough i'm sure." he admitted, watching the man, pity in every expression. he was disgusted by the man to be sure but pity him he did all the same. hopefully Cernunnos was right and the souls would be reborn into new forms that would not be so sick in the mind. "shh. shh Tatiana. it's okay." James whispered before smiling at her. "No. Not Oberon." he admitted. "James. Your son. Oberon's Son." he told her, gently gathering her into his arms and looked at Crystall who nodded. "i will have the healers summoned immediately." he promised. "any who show signs of illness will be separated from the rest but i doubt there are any healers involved. their healers oaths would kill them in an instant if they went against them and anything that would make Magic punish them would go against their healers oaths." he admitted before rushing off to gather the healers, any who could be spared.

Tatiana frowned slightly, blinking a little, “....My son...Sons?”she struggled, trying to wake more, to be aware more. “Shush, lady. Your sons are fine. We promise, and have returned to faerie.”Sith soothed watching james, before nodding. “I’ll go with crystall You guys and help him get her back.”Sith said turning to leave as he shifted forms, going with crystall, with his cat eyes e was able to run faster and get the lady help sooner. Glad soon enough that had the people they needed, and tatiana was being taken care of. “....should we send for alex?And oberon?”Belladonna muttered looking at james

"Yes. your sons." he agreed gently. "you're alright. rest, Mother. you're safe now." he promised her before smiling at Sith. "yes. they should be here... no. not here. have them go to the Wild Manor." he decided. "i don't want either of them around here until i'm certain we've stamped out every last one of Mab's support structure." he admitted. "i can't take the risk o someone trying to thtust poison dagger into one of them." he admitted. "We'll move her there once shes been stabilized." he admitted, gently holding his mothers hand. his mother who he had always assumed had died in childbirth. this was twenty times worse than anything he could ever have imagined as a child. thank god MAb was dead or he might have killed her in cold blood for this. as it was, he was barely able to stop himself from going to nearby beds where other fey lay dying for their crimes, Magic slowly killing them.

Titiana nodded slightly closing her eyes, trusting them to look after her. “I’ll see that they do.”Sith promised as he left. “You okay?”Belladonna muttered at james worriedly as they got titiana settled into a room and with a healer looking her over, wrapping her arms around the man. “You should call Alex.”

"i'm...." he paused, hesitated and then shook his head. "i'm not okay." he admitted. "i don't know that i can sit here next to people who willfully tortured my mother so that Mab could have my father." he trembled. "i can't even look at them right now. i was feeling bad for them. i pitied them and now i hate them because i see what they have done to deserve their fates..." he whispered, gently stroking his mothers hair out of her face. "i can't even call Alex right now because he'll knowi'm furious and he'll now why and he won't stop me like you will." he admitted. "i'll call him when i'm not so upset. he'll understand." and that was the worst part. Alex would understand. Alex would give him that look that told him it was okay and he would be sympathetic and James wouldn't be able to do it anymore and he'd break down right then and there.

“I know you’re not.”Belladonna sighed softly, shifting, wrapping her arms around him, stroking his back. “I do not think that most of them where aware. Most of the court didn’t know about their bond. Even Sith and father didn’t.....for those who did, magic is already taking care of them.”Belladonna sighed softly, before nodding. “I’ll stop you from hurting your court. Of becoming the monster Mab did....alex will be furious when he finds out. We better keep him away from the seelie and unseelie for awhile, make sure he has control before he gets near them.”

He leaned into her, breathing in her calming scent and soaking in her heat and smiled at her a little. "no. i know. but they all still did something and Carn is laying over there and it's so hard not to get up and just... strangle him. make him feel some inkling of the fear and pain my mother felt, i don't know." he admitted with a sigh. "Thank you... i just hope that i can be the kind of King that all these poor abused Fey need." he admitted before nodding. "i hope to have her in the Wild Courts before Alex gets here." he admitted. "as soon as shes stable, we have a cushioned carriage waiting to take us back." he admitted.

“I know.....and I think that’s one murder Alex would be willing to look the other way on. But I do not think you would forgive yourself, if you killed Carn.”Belladonna sighed softly, smiling a little. “You will be. You are already better then what they’ve had in a long time. And your father is still here, mine is...sith is. They know what we need to do, to be good rulers.”She smiled before nodding. “Good. We have a few hours then, before they arrive. We should be able to move her soon.”

"i'm sure i could forgive myself eventually." he grumbled with a sigh. "but, it would take a very long time." he admitted, shaking his head. "your right though. i have a lot of people who will keep me straight." he agreed with a smile at her. "you especially, will you come with me?" he asked softly. "to the Unseelie realms i mean? to be my co-ruler?" was he asking her to marry him? "i was going to ask, you know, later, when it was better but this just... i'm so scared, i don't want to loose you..." he admitted. "i haven't even picked out a ring, but i'm terrible at it so i figured you could pick your own ring... not very romantic but then you'd get exactly what you want, right? so.... i dunno..."

Bmaybe. A long time has a new meaning when we live as long as we do."she teased a little before looking at the other startled, tilting her head a little, wondering if he really was asking her to marry him. This was amusing really."yes. I'll come with you. And look after you. I promise."she said before giggling a little."I'll pick out my ring. It'll be okay."

"Yeah that's true." he agreed with a smile before shaking his head. "i'll ask you again... better. i mean, i'll do it better. that was a crappy way of asking..." he mumbled before smiling at her. "i love you." he admitted softly before looking over as one of the healers moved over and informed him that she was stable enough to be moved to the Hunters Court. "Thank you." he said, gently picking his mother up and smiled at Belladonna. "lets go home." because for now, for him, his home was the Hunters court, where she was. where Cernunnos was. where his brother, Gabe, Sith and everyone else was. where his father and mother would be. where they where all safe.

“Okay. Yes, it would be nice to have a better way. And I doubt alex’d forgive you for missing this.”Belladonna grinned kissing him back, before smiling. “I love you to.”She said looking pleased that they would be able to leave soon.

Later Alex frowned worried as they walked into the manor, looking around for everyone. “James!?”he yelled, upset that he had been gone from his brother this long, when dangerous things were going on, and that he’d had to leave him alone for that long. And that he was sure his mother was in no better shape then oberon was.

"hey. he didn't tell me he was married. this is just revenge." he said with a grin.

"Alex." James said with a smile, wrapping his brother up into a hug. "it's okay. it's all over." he promised. "anyone who willingly aided Mab is dead." he promised, stroking his brothers head. "we're safe. it's safe now." he murmured. "i found our Mother." he admitted. "you look just like her." he admitted with a smile. "once you calm down I'll take you and Oberon to her. she's been asking for you." he admitted. well, when she was lucid she asked for him.

“Hey James.”Alex sighed softly, leaning into the other, humming quietly, relaxing. “Good.No more worries.”he muttered going relaxed and peaceful at knowing the enemies were gone, that for now, they were safe. “Really?I wondered since I don’t look like Oberon.”Alex smiled happily, trying to calm, looking pleased that his mother wanted to see him. “Oberon will be glad to know she has been asking for us.”

Back
Top Bottom