Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Always a thief(lady/moon)

"I'm fine." James promised her, letting her pat him down just to be sure. "thank you." he murmured, kissing her gently before turning to look at the young man. "let's be honest here Flower... it wasn't much of a war." James mumbled to her before studying the Lord Frost. "You are not cursed, so i'm more than willing to accept that explanation." he admitted, offering Frost his hand. "it is an honor to meet you Lord Frost and i hope that we can have a pleasant time of things." his attempt at a subtle warning. "forgive him, Frost. he's never been a king before." Cernunnos admitted before someone got upset. "he grew up as thief on the streets. we've been working on the rough edges." James muttered about how he was going to give Cernunnos a few rough edges but he couldn't actually complain about the truth. "well, it would make sense. especially if the rumors are true and the Unseelie are weaker in the Summer realms." he muttered before examining Belladonna. "that must mean that someone in the Summer Courts is involved as well. do you think we can demand answers if Oberon is in the state he is in? i don't want to have to involve Ale. he really doesn't want to be a ruler..." not that James did either but there was no choice on that front. granted, there wasn't much of a choice for Alex either really. with Oberon too mentally hurt to rule Alex was the only choice left.

“Good.”Belladonna muttered relaxing as she kissed him back, before smiling slightly. “No it wasn’t,but he didn’t know that when he followed her.”She pointed out, because she knew while he could fight, and did, and despite his job as captain of the guard, frost was definitely more....of a secretary sort of person. “I’m sure we will.”Frost said, smiling slightly, it was a good thing he was hard to offend, tilting his head at cernunnos. “So I have heard. The court is all abuzz about our jewel stealing prince. Even more interesting is the cop that is his twin.”Frost indeed looked curious, but nod demanding or wanting to know where alex was. “Yes, it would seem so. Probably someone who could stand guard over Oberon when Mab wasn’t with him.”Belladonna frowned a little biting her lip as she thought about it. “...Yes. I think so. With their....current conditions.....we could demand that you be allowed permission to search the court on their behalf.”Sith said, well aware why james didn’t want to involve alex, even if there was no choice really.

"That's true." he agreed, smiling at her before he smirked at Frost. "I steal more than Jewels. i'm partial to semi rare paintings too." he admitted with a chuckle before he sighed. "Alex is going to make a great Seelie King once he figures out how to settle down." he admitted. "So in other words, someone close to Oberon as well as to Mab.... someone like, say, a handmaiden?" James supposed. "if i use that nifty magic in my voice trick that Cer... uh, Lord Cernunnos showed me, would they believe me when i said i was working on behalf of Oberon?" James asked Frost, really beginning to like this guy. he was no nonsense but he wasn't a tight ass either and Cernunnos seamed to trust him. James figured between Cernunnos, Belladonna and Frost, maybe his mother if they where able to find her, he was all set for a counsel. he knew he was going to need one. he was just not King Material. not yet, but he believed the others when they told him he would be a good one with a little practice. "How far away is the Courts from the Manor?" he asked Cernunnos. "i have a feeling, from the way everyone here is looking at Ziza, that i'll make a hell of an impact if i ride him into the courts." "you will, My Lord... Black Unicorns are..." he hesitated and then. "they're nearly extinct and even when they where the height of their numbers, no one but the First King of the Unseelie has ever been reported as being able to ride one... they... the Black unicorns are not like the white ones..." the young man, hesitant and frightened explained. he was Mab's personal whipping boy. technically speaking he was her personal servant, but mostly he just took the brunt of her rages.

“Truly?We shall have to hide the paintings then.”Frost looked amused before nodding a little, “I am sure he would.”Frost said before nodding a little. “Yes...a handmaiden would be likely.”Frost said frowning a little, thinking that over before nodding. “If you say that you are here on Oberon’s and the heir apparent’s behalf, then yes, tehy would believe you.”Frost said. “I think that would be a good idea.”Belladonna said looking thoughtful. “Close enough to ride. A hour, about.”Sith answer looking amused at the idea of james riding the horse into court. “we should go check on the others.”

James scoffed. "it's no fun. it's just too easy when i can just walk down a hall and take them. if you hid them i'd be more inclined to take them.... though not much. i like a challenge not a game of hide and seek." he admitted with a chuckle. "Good. we'll do that then." he agreed. "i don't want Alex involved until he's ready to be involved. i should have enough skill to defend myself if we're attacked and Cernunnos and Frost could arrange for some trustworthy guards." he decided. "completely, trustworthy guards, some to go with us and some here to protect Oberon and Alex and the others who stay. Gabe and Loki at the very least." he admitted, looking at Loki. "i don't trust that there might not be others involved. i need you to stay here and keep them safe." he admitted, smiling at his brother in all but blood. "come on. Alex is probobly frantic." he admitted, patting Ziza before following Sith back to the house. he knew Magic would take out those who had been cursed for doing unspeakable things. already some of the army was starting to drop, too weak to stand any longer. Magic taking it's toll on them for their crimes.

“Hm. Okay. I’ll just leave them where they are then.”Frost snickered looking amused at the idea “We will see to the guards. Loki, and crystall can stay here. I’ll go with you. And belladonna, and of course cernunnos.”Sith said looking thoughtful, “Andonis will stay here with us. We will keep your father and brother safe. I promise.”Loki said smiling at james before heading inside. “....James?”Alex sounded frantic and upset as he pushed open the panic room door, lookign so scared for the other

"Thanks Sith." James said, watching one of the soldiers fall, though none of the soldiers around him moved to help him. "...see to the dying. make their final moments as gentle as possible." he ordered Frost with a sigh. "i don't like the idea of people suffering, no matter what they've done." he admitted, shaking his head, pleased to see the ones unaffected already bending to do as he had asked and helped those that where falling to be more comfortable. "will you join us, Lord Frost or stay with your men?" Cernunnos asked. "For those of you staying here, kill no animals if you please." James asked. "i'll make sure some food is delivered out to you. i don't know if i have enough bedding for everyone or not, but i'll do my best." he promised before smiling as Alex called out. "it's okay Alex. it's almost all over." he promised, wrapping his brother in his arms. "Our mother is still alive." he whispered. "i'm taking a group and we're going to the summer courts. i need your and Oberon's permission to invoke your names while i'm there. i need your permission to find anyone still loyal to Mab and have them arrested and find our mother, if she's still alive."

“Welcome.”Sith smiled a little. Frost nodded a little, even if they had done bad things, they were still his men. “I’ll see to them. And I shall stay here, to see to them,and to guard the prince, and oberon.”He said watching them go as he settled in to help the others. “Oh.Good.”Alex sniffled pressing close to james, resting his head against his shoulder before tensing, unhappy that he couldn’t go with the other, before nodding slowly. “Okay....Yes. You have my permission to take care of things....do I need to go with you?”

"I would be grateful." James admitted to Frost. "Alex and Oberon are kind of... helpless." he admitted sheepishly because if Alex heard him say that he was going to get a beating of epic proportions. "i would rather you didn't. not only are you pregnant, but you really don't want to be King. for now, i can handle things and give you the peace you need for now."he admitted, kissing his brothers forehead. "it mght come down to a fight and i would rather you not get involved. i won't take too many risks though, i'm taking as many warriors as i'm leaving behind." he promised. "there is one staying, Lord Frost, Belladonna, Sith and Oberon vouched for him, he'll be guarding you and Oberon with Gabe, Loki, Adonis and yourself of course. i doubt you'd be helpless." he admitted with a smile at his brother. "come on. lets go have dinner. i have to gt some food for the soldiers, few that are left... most of the poor bastards are dying with Mab." he admitted.

“Ah. Yes. I had heard that our king was....lost.”Frost frowned, because while he was unseelie sidhe, oberon had been a good king, a kind king when visiting the courts, so those left, those good people of the darkling throng that still lived, treasured him for being good to them, even if they weren’t his people, oberon had looked after them. “....I’d pay you money to tell him he’s helpless.”Loki muttered snickering at the idea. “.....Okay. I’ll stay here.”Alex said though he looked unhappy with not going to back james up, even if he had plenty of backup. “Good.Then I wont worry as much.”he said relaxing as james kissed his forehead, whining a little. Not liking being treated like a kid, but it was okay. “I am never helpless.”Alex huffed a little before nodding. “Gabe can cook. Right gabe?I want food.”The pregnant man said twisting to look up at his mate.

James nodded. "he's doing much better but he has an irreversible stutter and he gets confused and there are times when he can't remember where, or when he is. he spent an hour last night convinced i was his dead brother." he admitted. "he can have a good long life yet but he can never rule again... his decisions just can't be trusted anymore." he admitted, very sad for the fate of his father. "i'm hopping he'll be willing to give me and Alex advice and such. he was King for a very long time, it would be a very stupid idea to ignore the wellspring of information, knowledge, and wisdom he has." he admitted with a smile.

"i know you hate this, but Fey pregnancy can be touchy. i don't want you to get hurt." because if lex was hurt too badly, magic would terminate the pregnancy to focus on healing him instead. too much stress would do the same thing and all kinds of terrible things. James didn't say any of that though because he knew better. "If you upset the baby too much, it might decide to make it so you can't get out of bed for a week you know. it's happened before." yes it did, in later pregnancies babies often got frustrated with parents who didn't take proper care of themselves and hijacked their mummies magic. "Course i can cook." Gabe agreed, looking amused. "what do we have that would be enough for an army?" "more like a small band club." "....what?" "...never mind. i need to find some blankets. just cook whatever's in the house and i'll have that run down to the army."

“Good....and he was a good king for so long. Even if he is not to be trusted anymore....we will see that he is well cared for.”Frost smiled a little before tilting his head. “I don’t think you’ll have to worry about him not giving advice. I am sure he’ll be more then happy to help.”

“....Okay. I’ll take care of us both, well gabe will. Gabe’s very protective of me and the kid right now. He threatened to make me stay in bed, James.”He said looking at his brother a little wide eyed, shaking his head. “No, no I don’t want to stay in bed. I’ll take care of myself.”Alex said looking eager to prove that he would, because he so hated being on bedrest. He’d been on bedrest before when he was injured in the line of duty, and he’d been miserable. “Thanks gabe.”Alex grinned at his lover, before snorting. “I think James meant that the army outside isn’t that big anymore.”He aid smiling as he headed for the kitchen to dig out food and see what seemed appealing

"He's still a good king and most of his decisions could probobly be trusted, but when he gets confused it's hard to tell sometimes." he admitted. "he could give an order while not in his right mind and we might not be able to tell." James admitted sadly. "but i won't let him be shoved into a dusty corner. i think that would kill him. i want him to be a valued member of our society." he admitted with a smile.

"Good. and of course Gabe is. i think this is something he's wanted for a very long time." James admitted before looking delighted. "i'm gonna be an uncle you know!" he admitted looking at Alex's belly. "i am going to spoil your brat mercilessly." he admitted with a grin before he smiled at the other. "i know you hate bed rest. i went to see you when you where hurt that one time. i sent flowers once i was informed you where awake. you really scared me then, you know." he admitted before chuckling. "that is exactly what i meant. though, being honest, it wasn't very big to begin with." he admitted, watching Gabe settle in to start making everything under the sun. soon there where huge pots of pasta, potatoes, vegetables and various meats being sent to the army. surprisingly being led there on carts using deer, a horse and a few Dire-hounds that had made the forest around James house a home. and they where all very happy to help haul the carts since James had never asked for anything before. other than 'don't kill people, just chase em off'.

“Yes, he has.We just hadn’t settled down enough to adopt or anything.”Alex said, because work kept him moving to much, he hadn’t wanted to bring a kid into that, not until he’d settled into desk work in a few years. Alex looked amused, “You are.”He said before making a face, wincing a little. “I hated that....and I know. They were beautiful. Sorta sulked though that you hadn’t visited, though I did send a letter to make sure you knew I was out of the hospital.”Alex smiled a little before grinning as Gabe cooked. Settling in to eat what amounted to a east, he looked amused when he saw the others getting ready to go. For the moment, not worrying to much. “....Do you need anything from us?Before you go?”Ale asked. “No, we will be fine. Truly.”Belladonna said smilign slightly, kissing her brother in law’s forehead. “You get some rest.”

"it makes sense that you wouldn't want to have a baby while you're running around risking your life." he admitted before smiling at him. "i was there. when you where still unconscious." he admitted. "i wasn't sure you'd want to see me and i didn't want to upset you while you where sick and hurt so much." he admitted. "i never got the letter though." he admitted, scowling. "there was a mail thief hanging around at the time so he probobly stole it looking for money. "i do need something." James admitted, fishing something out of his pocket. it was a pendant that had once been attached to a necklace. h popped it open, shook it out, a fine dust filtering out and with a swift movement, he snipped off a lock of Alex's hair and tucked it into the pendant and then, looking much happier, strode out of the room. "...has he always kept a lock of our hair with him?" Gab asked Alex.

“Yea.”Alex smiled a little before tilting his head at the others words, wincing at the idea that he’d been such a bad brother that james hadn’t wanted to see him while he was hurt. Frowning a little, “Damn. That sucks.....well at least you found out sometime I was okay.”He muttered making a face. Startling, looking up. “Okay, wha-”He said yelping as he jerked away from the others movement, whining a little about uneven hair, sulking as he looked at gabe. “He cut my hair!It’s uneven now!Gabe!”He whined before nodding a little. “Yea, ever since I headed off to the academy.”

"You can get that idea out of your head." James ordered. "i know that look. you think your a terrible brother. you're not. never." he promised, kissing his brother's forehead. "i'd never be as happy, or as sane as i am now if it wasn't for you." he promised with a smile. "yeah, Gabe actually called me that night." he admitted. "he yelled at me. it was traumatic." he said with a grin. "it looks fine, he took one of the longer locks." Gabe assured his lover with a smile. "wow. that was quite some time ago.." Gabe admitted. "you went into the academy super young didn't you? because of your impressive scores at school or something?"

“...okay. Your good to. A wonderful brother.”Alex said reassuring him, nuzzling his brother a little before smiling happy. “You are not sane. You’re friends with loki, I failed at the making you behave thing.”He teased a little. Looking amused at james’ words. “I’m sure. Gabe always traumatized you.”He pointed out before calming, huffing a little. “Good.”He grumbled at the haircut still before nodding. “17. Graduated high school early, started soon after that. He started it cause I wasn’t going to be there all the time anymore.”Alex shrugged a little.

“You ready?”Belladonna smiled looking at james as they got into the car, knowing they had to take a plane, but they’d have a long trip till they got home.

"i am a god brother, even when i'm a shit." he agreed with a smile. "i am totally sane!" he protested. "besides, your friends with Loki too! don't deny it! he's as much your brother as i am." he said with a sniff, grinning at his brother. "That's highly impressive." Gabe admitted with a smile. "you guys where just too close, i think the shock of the separation affected both of you more than you wanted to admit." he admitted with a smile. "come on. i'll make your favorite dessert." he promised.

"Yeah. i'm ready." he admitted, carefully settling Ziza on the plane, carefully making sure the poor unicorn wouldn't be flung about. thankfully, one of the Dark Armies that Frost had vouched for was a pilot with his own plane, which was how the army had gotten so far away from the isles in the first place, so they didn't have to use Gabe's plane or separate Gabe and Alex.

“Indeed. And you’re always a shit.”Alex snickered a little, before huffing. “Lies!All lies, I do not know what you’re talking.”Alex grumbled making a face, squirming a little because they all knwe it was a lie. He was totally friends with Loki. “indeed....I think it shocked us alot....more then we knew until we got back togehter.”Alex made a face before grinning, hair cut forgotten in favor of food.”good.”

“Good.”Belladonna smiled as they got settled and placed on the plane, glad they all were doing okay, before looking at james, leaning against him for a moment, settling in for a nap. “You sure you’re doing okay?”She muttered turning to look at him, sighing softly. Afraid with all this, he was bottling all his emotions up.

"i am always a shit." he agreed before he smiled at Alex. "he loves you too you know. he was always the first one to know you where hurt you know." he admitted. "he had a stone tied to your health energy and anytime it reacted Loki knew if you where sick or hurt. he has one of me too." he admitted. "i found out when he started showing up every time i caught the flue." James, poor James, had been a very sickly sort there for a few years before and after the 'incident' with the safe cracking. he caught the flue every year for nearly six years and Loki had always been right there to care for him. Gabe looked pleased and made a mental note to ask Loki for some copies. "i think your right. i don't think any of you realized how affected you were when you went your separate ways." Gabe agreed.

James smiled tightly at her. "i'm okay for now." he admitted. "i'm petrified though." he admitted. "i am, in no way shape or form prepared to be a king." he admitted. "i think the terror of it is driving out the other emotions." he admitted, wrapping an arm around her with a sigh. "do you think i can do it? lead a whole population of people?"

“Really?That’s fairly awesome.”Alex said eyes wide as he considered that, startled at the idea of the godling keeping track of them. He was going to have to make sure he thanked him when he woke up. Having seen loki heading for bed earlier. “I remember that. No wonder he kept showing up when you were sickly.”Alex made a face before nodding. “No, I really don’t.”he agreed, sighing ever so slightly.

“Hm.”Seh hummed softly, looking up at him, snuggling closer. “I think you will be a better king then they have known in a long time. A ruler who cares. Oberon did, but....these last years, as he became more warped by the magic, it faded. You are what they need, someone who will look after them, take care of them, and make sure they obey the rules. You and alex, will be good.”

Gabe smiled and fed his lover and checked to make sure Frost and the army was settled with the bedding and tents they had on hand and checked on the few that where still slowly dying. most of them had passed already but the more foul one was, the slower they died. Gabe didn't want to show them any kindness but James had insisted so Gabe made sure they where comfortable and had some food and water. he knew that such a tiny detail would only endear James to the people he would soon be ruling over, not that James had thought of that, it was just the way James thought. he hated to see people suffering. he hated bullies like Mab. rules would be changing with James in charge. some would adore him for that, others would hate him, Gabe knew that things where going to be rocky for a while but he doubted anyone would dare try to attack the True King. with Mab dead and Mistral gone, they would, hopefully, finally be safe.

"I hope so." he admitted with a small smile. "i can't stand the idea of all of those people suffering because they had no other choice." he admitted, shaking his head before he smiled at her. "get some sleep. it's a long flight."

When they arrived at court, belladonna smiled slightly as she looked up at James on Ziza, glad Crystall had such a way with horses, because while the big beasts frightened her sometimes, he always made sure her mare was as docile as a kitten anytime she had to ride. Gently petting the side of her neck as she snorted at the sight of sith riding a tiger, which was a amusing sight really considering he was currently a tabby cat. She could always count on the lord of cats to be utterly ridiculous. “Ready?”She muttered nudging her horse up next to ziza and james, looking over at him as she looked up at the seelie castle, which was so fantastical and large that it reminded her of the castle from walt disney world.

James smiled a little as he fondled the nicest clothes he had ever worn. they where Oberon's. a left behind set from when he often stayed at the Wild Manor. he truly looked like the young king he was now, a simple circlet atop his head and all Glamors gone he nearly looked an identical copy of a younger Oberon. Ziza struck a remarkable, striking picture as well, dressed in gold and silver armor that doubled as showy 'parade' dress. both of them tall and proud, Zia prancing, James sitting astride. "i feel kind of silly like this but yes, i think i'm ready." he admitted, smiling at her. "be ready for a fight. weapons within reach. it is my right as King to have an armed battalion to protect me. do not let them tell you otherwise. Cernunnos?" he asked, looking at the man who smiled and nodded. "Crystall. go forth and announce us my son." Cernunnos ordered. Crystall who was Oberon's personal, private guard, assassin, butler and more would go a long way to lending them credence.

Back
Top Bottom