Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Always a thief(lady/moon)

"i am not picky. i'm particular and with a delicate disposition." he stated simply before huffing. "she better not be seventeen! i'll feel like a pervert for thinking she's gorgeous!" he protested, looking at Belladonna. "your not sixteen right?! or eighteen? you're older than that right?" he asked, looking a bit frantic. Cernunnos grinned, he loved pissing with people. "Oh. good thoughts. warm thoughts. i can do that." he agreed with a smile before glancing at Alex. "i know i will. i just need time and practice." he admitted. "Cernunnos says it'll be much easier after the first time, because i'll have a feel for it." he admitted, smiling as he cuddled his brother, Gabe smiling as he watched. glad the two brothers had settled their differences. Alex, hopefully, wouldn't be so stressed now. "so... Alex... there are jewels hidden in here somewhere. do you think Cernunnos would kill me if i tried to, you know, borrow them for a while?" there was no hope for James. Alex was going to kill him personally.

“uh-huh.”Alex said rolling his eyes, choking on laughter at how freaked out james looked. “I have to be old enough to go to college remember?”She teased before smiling. “I’m nearly 25, I promise.”She said rolling her eyes because she knew cernunnos was enjoying this. “I’m sure you will. Anything gets easier with practice.”Alex muttered before straightening, looking down at the man tucked in the curve of his arm. “....I thought I told you to not steal while you’re here.”

James relaxed at the promise that they where almost the same age. thank god. he was a bit worried about that to be fair. "i've met twelve year olds who where in collage." James stated simply. Int truth, Cernunnos had been testing James, he wouldn't have allowed James to stay if he hadn't cared that his soul mate might have been underage. James had reacted more strongly than anticipated. that was good, he had a strong morality. he could trust James with his precious daughter. he hoped. "yeah. it'll be great, i've never felt so... right, in my own skin before." he admitted before smirking. "is it really stealing if they know i'm taking them? is it really stealing if i give it back? it's not stealing, it's a challenge Alex. they're challenging my reputation. something really must be done." he admitted with a smile. "since i'm the bigger brother, i should be allowed to do what i want." that too was an old argument. James was bigger, Alex was older. James was just stubborn enough to do whatever the hell he wanted anyway so really, it was a moot point.

“....well, I’m not that young. Don’t look so freaked out.”Belladonna said smiling slightly. It was good he’d reacted so strongly. “I’m sure....we’ll figure this out. I feel...better to. Even without good shields yet, I feel better. Steadier...”Alex said blushing a little before huffing. “It is stealing. And you’re not that good. Stop trying to take everything. And I’m older!” “He’s still bigger then you.” “I’m still older, and gabe is older still. He’ll make him behave.”Alex decided with a huff.

"Good. good..." James sighed, relieved that he wasn't a pervert. "you'll feel even better once you reconnect with your powers and get some control. i know your scared of your powers, with good reason, but pretending they don't exist, turns out, doesn't help at all." he admitted before smiling. "i think it's the land here. the Wild. the souls and magic of the birthplace of magic or something." he shrugged. "i don't understand it, really but..." he paused when the sound of someone getting caught rang through the glade and the gathered crowd cheered as the massive black stallion wheeled on the Wolf that had tagged it and suddenly the wolf was the one being chased, yelping with it's tail between it's legs, making James laugh as well. "it's not steeling! and i am that good and like Loki said, i'm bigger." "i'm staying out of this." Gabe informed them, watching the hunting, his fingers twitching. oh how he desperately desired to go in there and rend something to shreds. none of the transformed people where getting hurt, save for a poke or a nip here or there, but a few rabbits had gotten caught and where being shared around the hunters and a pack of wolves was hunting a real deer and it looked like they where going to eat that one too. Gabe missed hunting. unfortunately most Demons hunted humans and Gabe wasn't willing to do that.

“...I know....it’s....hard enough not using them in interrogation when I have shields up, but I’m afraid of what I’ll do when I do have them connected...”Alex bit his lip a little even if he knew, and understood, he knew that it was needed. “Yea....it seems right. It’s land and this place, it’s ours. We’re connected.”he muttered looking up in interest as the cheering went up, laughing a little. “fine, whatever. When belladonna smacks you, just be prepared.”He said maing a face before looking at gabe, nudging her a little. “You could go hunt, if you want.”He pointed out, gently squeezing his arm.”I know it’s not the same, but they’d let you help.”

"i know. but being honest, you have proper rights to use those powers when your questioning other Fey don't you?" he asked, his head tilted. "it's only illegal to use your powers on humans isn't it? so your powers could be pretty useful if you could get some kind of control." he admitted before smirking. "she wouldn't smack me. never." he scoffed. no, she'd gut and quarter him, but she'd put him back together after, he was sure. "i cannot." Gabe admitted. "i can't tell which ones are transformed Fey and which ones are natural animals and i doubt i could contain myself from attacking anything that moved once i got started." he admitted. "i am a Demon after all, blood lust is a dangerous risk." Gabe had never been in Bloodlust before, not around Alex anyway but he'd told Alex about it. he'd been that way only once before, he lost all sense of who and what he was and he slaughtered, and ate, thirteen people before local police where able to sedate him. he was not held accountable for his actions, considering the reason why he went into bloodlust in the first place was because three of the people he'd eaten had shot him six times and then tried to stab him so they could harvest his organs for the black market. he still, personally, made sure the other victims families where well compensated for his madness. he couldn't bring them back, but he had at least paid for their funerals.

“I do....I’ve just always been afraid that if I do use it on fey, then I’d give in and use it on everyone....I’ll have to get control first. And make sure I know how to do it.”He muttered before snorting a little. He was fairly certain belladonna would smack him. Nodding quietly at gabe’s words he sighed quietly. “Ah. That would be bad...”he muttered smiling as Sith stopped, shifting back, looking calmer and more relaxed then he had in days, ever since that first meeting in his house. That was...just good to see. “Think we’ll have lunch now?”Loki asked looking around in vague amusement, because watching the hunt had been fairly amusing, even if the reason for it was sad.

He nodded, he could understand that. "well there's no better time or place. for now, Mistral's full attention is on us, and as long as we're here we're safe to learn as much as we can. we have to be careful not to stay too long of course, in case Mistral gets tired of waiting for us or worse, gets the Dark Lady involved, but we have a week or three i'd think." he admitted with a smile. "Feeling better?" James asked Sith with a small smile. "where's Lord Cernunnos?...oh." h blinked when he realized the bright yellow canary was perched on Sith's head. "i don't think there's food at Funerals." James pointed out. in the Wild realms there was though, there was always a massive feast to honor the dead, they would tell stories about the fallen, to bring back good memories and good thoughts to send the diseased to the other realms as happy as possible, so they would not be reincarnated with bitter souls. "do you do hunts like this for other purposes?" James asked curiously since Cernunnos didn't seam inclined to change back just yet.

“True. We’ll make sure he stays focused on us, and go from there....and I don’t think he’ll involve her unless it’s absolutely neccessary. Beause if he does, she might see him not taking care of it by himself a failure, and it might be a violent response to that....”Alex frowned a little. “I am.Thanks. And he’s there.”Sith said rolling his eyes up to look at the bird before snorting at loki’s whin of disappointment. “There’s a feast, don’t worry. We’re not barbarians, we eat after a hunt, and we’re not human, only humans are weird about eating at funerals”Sith snickered as they headed inside, before nodding, snickering as cernnunos chirped at him to hold still and not nod like that. “we do. We use it as almost any excuse to hunt like this. It’s just fun for all of us.”Sith said smiling slightly. “indeed. No matter the occassion, a hunt usually happens.”belladonna said smiling as she changed back to human.

"I think your right. he'll want to do it on his own i'm sure." he agreed. "if only to save himself from a punishment or something." he muttered before smiling a little at the sleepy looking Canary on Sith's head. Cernunnos wasn't as young as he used to be. managing to avoid both his daughter and Sith was exhausting work these days. "I bet you make meat the right way too. so it's not all greasy and gross. i am pretty hungry. next time there's a hunt, i'm going to be able to join." "we'll probobly hold a feast for you just because you transformed for the first time. we often do." Cernunnos admitted, changing back. "it is a big deal, learning to control your powers to that degree. the hunt and feast we held for Belladonna was extraordinary." he admitted, smiling at his daughter. "she was quite young when she mastered her powers." he admitted, very proud of her. "So. if i can learn how to master my powers before we have to leave, i'll get a Hunt?" James asked, looking delighted before focusing intently on his hand, plans for 'burgling' the royal jewels easily swept from his mind.

“Of course we make meat the right way. Raw and bloody.”Sith said wisely as they headed inside. “What?”Alex sputtered, much to Sith’s amusement as teh man laughed brightly, amused. “don’t worry. We’ll cook it.”Sith snickered as he looked up at cernunnos, nodding. “indeed. We’ll have a hunt. And belladonna’s was amazing, though I still have claw marks on my ass from her landing on me.” “Are you never going to forget that?” “that you fell out of the sky and used me as a landing post?No, never.”Sith snickered. “You will.”Sith said looking amused at james’ intent focus on that.

"Well. not all of it will be cooked." Cernunnos admitted. "there are some here who would rather it raw." Gabe would enjoy a nice bloody hunk for instance. "but those are kept to the far end so that people with... delicate sensibilities won't be ill." he admitted with a chuckle. "Gabe, you're more than welcome to help yourself." Cernunnos assured him. "Thank you. i will. and then i'll brush my teeth very well." he promised Alex with a sharp grin. "i'll stay in the Vegetarians side, thanks." James decided with a grimace before laughing brightly at the idea of Sith having scars on his ass because she'd crash landed on him. "so you turn into birds then? do all the Wild Fey have specific animals they turn into?" "only the most powerful can turn into more than one. most can only turn into a wolf, or only turn into a house cat. the Lords, there are Seven of them, can turn into any of one type. for example, Belladonna can turn into a hawk, or a canary, or a pigeon or a swan. only the most powerful can turn into various species. like myself, Deer, horse, bird, cat, what have you."

“....I’ll have mine well cooked.”Alex said looking a little sick at the idea, while he never told Gabe not to eat his steak how he wanted it, it still made the man a little sick to his stomach to watch. “Good. You better brush your teeth.”He huffed a little as they entered the dining hall, looking vaguely amused to see preparations for lunch already taking place. “I do. And yes.”Belladonna agree before snickering at sith’s face. “I can turn into various species to.” “No you can’t.” “Can to.” it just had the air of a old argument. “A saber tooth tiger doesn’t count as different species, it’s a cat.” “A extinct one.” “it’s still a cat.”

Gabe smiled at his lover. "i am sorry Alex but i so rarely get to." he admitted. "i won't make you watch." he promised, kissing his lovers forehead. "I dunno. i have to agree with Belladonna on this." James admitted. "with normal animals there's still a connection to the earth to help guide the transformation. lungs, liver, organs, things that we wouldn't otherwise think about. there is no earthly connection to a Saber-cat anymore. it's extinct. so, therefore, no longer a viable species, right?" he asked, his head tilted, Cernunnos roaring with laughter. for one thing, it was an argument no one had ever given before and for another, he wasn't surprised that James would take Belladonna's side.

“I know, don’t worry. I wasn’t going to tell you not to.”Alex said smiling slightly, as he leaned into the other. “....What?What!It so is a viable species!”Sith said as he stalked off to the kitchen to check on the food, and if he’d been in cat form his hair would have been standing on end and tail held high, oh yea, definitely a very annoyed feline right there. “Oh god...them working together is gonna be the death of me.”Alex said actually whimpering as belladonna grinned and nodded, “True. Definitely doesn’t count anymore as a actual species.”

"Thanks love." Gabe said with a smile, glad that his lover never... well, Gabe had lived a long life and some habits remained. habits like expecting people to expect him to be fully human all the time and getting 'shirty' about it when he wasn't. Alex was never, ever like that but some habits couldn't be broken. "It's not." James stated simply. "In truth, all your really doing is taking a house cat, or a tiger, back three thousand generations by regressing it's genetic structure. therefor, not a separate species, nor a viable species." he sniffed. "You'll just have to value yourself as 'sub par' to Cernunnos." James stated simply. "not to yourself?" Gabe asked, looking amused when James looked at him if he was nuts. "Sith far, far outstrips me in any sort of power, skill, or experience. of course not me." the silent 'stupid' was heard, even if it wasn't said and Gabe started to snicker. it was nice that James treated him the same way he treated Alex. cute too.

“Welcome.”Alex smiled a little pressing a kiss to his cheek. “...I have to do no such thing!Lies. All lies.”Sith yelled back over his shoulder. “....He’s going to be in a snit for days now, cause he can’t argue that.”Belladonna giggled a little, smirking at james. Patting his arm. “Well, at least he’s well aware of his limits.”He said looking amused, smiling quietly at the silent stupid. It was good to see them relaxed and happy despite what was going on. It gave her hope that they’d survive this.

"You do." he stated with a sniff. "you being in denial does not make it any less than truth!" he called back. "that doesn't mean it's not impressive though." James muttered to Belladonna with a grin. "i'm always aware of my limits." James admitted. "have to be, considering my profession." he admitted with a smirk before humming as he headed over to the tables, he was starving, and his hand was a hoof. how odd, when had that happened? "....now i can't change it back!" James wailed, miserable because now he had to eat with his off hand! so unfair! it made the gathered group around him laugh though. all the people learning to transform went through this. though, James was much older than most. "Belladonna! Fix me?" James pleaded, showing her his hoof. a deer hoof, buck no doubt. considering he'd already changed into that once, not that he remembered, his body was taking the easiest path.

“It is impressive, but if we ever tell him that, we’ll never hear the end of it. His ego’s big enough as it is.”Belladonna said before snorting a little. “I thought you had to push your limits to do what you do.” “He does. Which is why I caught him with his hand in a safe. Sorta can’t nto push it.”Alex said as he started to eat, looking amused as sith came back to eat. “Shush, calm. It happens. Especially since it’s your dominate hand,you’ll fix it.”Belladonna said soothingly, stroking his hair back, “Calm, and just think about what you want. Calmly, easy, tell the magic you want your hands back.”

James smirked a little. "mine's not any worse." he admitted with a snicker before grinning impishly because he was already half planning on how to sneak through the Wild Courts to... ah, borrow the jewels he had heard where somewhere in the manor. "you got lucky." James sniffed. "and you never stopped being mean about it either." he sulked before blinking at Belladonna, relaxing at her promise he could fix it. he closed his eyes, took a deep breath and tried to reach that place inside of himself. instead of returning to a han however, he instead sprouted a set of impressive antlers and a white fluffy tail. "....." he blinked at her and then. "i don't think my magic is going to listen to me." he admitted, indicating he now had two hooves, instead of hands. "it's either that or it's listening to the wrong part of me... i really want to turn into an animal, but i really want to eat too..." he admitted, sulking. "and whoever said my tail was cute is gonna get it!" he said, wheeling around to glare at the group behind him who started laughing and giggling. new ones where always so much fun. "i am an elegant creature! not cute!" he blinked when several flower petals drifted past his eyes and he frowned a little, confused when everyone went still and silent and he reached up to feel his antlers. hooves hands again he realized his antlers had turned into.... branches, beautiful branches covered in soft white flowers that filled the air sweetly. "...i...uh, take it this isn't supposed to happen?" he asked Belladonna, pleased anyway to see even his tail had vanished. instead he had grown a set of beautiful branches out the side of his head like a pair of horns, the branches twisting upwards and then splitting into smaller branches, all of them covered in white flowers so it almost looked like he was wearing a crown.

“Yea well, you sorta kept stealing even if you knew I was at work. It sorta made me grumpy.”Alex grumbled, beause it was true. It’d been hard for him to know, and amazingly this case had them getting along better then they had in years. Belladonna smiled as he relaxed before her eyes went wide as she looked at the tail and antlers. “Well, try turning all the way into a animal, then back. Maybe if you go all the way, it’ll let you go back.”Belladonna said biting her lip to keep from laughing. “You are definitely adorable and cute.”Alex said before his eyes went wide as he considered the crown. “No....no it isn’t.”Sith said watching the other. “No...I don’t know what this is.”Belladonna said looking at the branches, looking confused as she looked at her father.

He shrugged. "i need a hobby and burglarizing is something i enjoy." he admitted. "it's something i'm good at too." he admitted with a grin. "well. okay. i can enjoy a salad just as well as a horse as i can as a person." he agreed before sulking at her.. "am not. your adorable and cute." he grumbled before blinking at them, oddly, he didn't feel worried. they weren't panicking and it felt nice, he could feel his leaves absorbing the sun, filling him with a floaty sort of energy. "relax." Cernunnos said with a chuckle. "The Lord of the Light, whose powers James seams to share, can control plants but he cannot transform. it would seam James can transform, and can adapt his body to plant like qualities." "oh, i can talk to plants, but i can't make them do anything." James admitted. "you thin i could turn into a tree?" "not completely no. humans aren't meant to be transformed like that." trees don't have lungs, or brains, or veins after all so you'd die or be trapped as a tree for the rest of your suddenly very extended life." "....right. don't try to become a tree. got it." he agreed. "i kind of like this." he admitted, stroking his leaves. they where very nice. ver green an the flowers where bright and fragrant. he could produce a lot of.... "...oh my. i think i'm a pear tree." he admitted, looking baffled. "i was just thinking about how all my perfect flowers would become fruit..." Cernunnos roared with laughter.

“uh-huh, I think you just like giving me a heart attack.”Alex sulked a little before snorting. “Yes you can.”Belladonna said laughing before making a face at him, “Not as cute as you’re being.”She teased. “Ahhh. That’s quite amusing really. Usually twins don’t look like the courts they belong to, if they have dual bloodlines. These two seem to be following their looks.”sith said looking amused as he considered alex and james, because sidhe had such problems conceiving usually, at least among their own courts, and while it was still hard for them to have children, they’d discovered seelie-unseelie, or any of the hunt bred well with each other, as if something in the bloodlines needed a balance of the others. But usually twins didn’t look like what they were. “Well, at least you wont ever have to worry about not having plants around.”Alex pointed out looking thoughtful. “That’s awesome. I wonder if you could eat it...I mean...it’s part of you, would that be to weird?”Belladonna said looking to amused for the question to be really serious, though she did look interested.

"well, that's pretty fun too." James agreed with a chuckle before sulking at Belladonna because she was laughing at him, but he liked her laugh so that was okay. "So... even though i'm unseelie, i look like and have the powers of the seelie courts?" no wonder Mab was trying to kill them. no matter who ended up on Oberon's throne, if either of them, they would be direct competition. him because he was actually unseelie. his brother because he had the looks and powers of the unseelie. that made sense, sort of. "I always have plants around." James admitted with a chuckle. "besides, myself doesn't count." he admitted. "it's just, it just doesn't work. i can't talk to myself. myself doesn't communicate with me." he admitted before smiling a little. "i think it would be okay. after all, bees eat things from themselves all the time. and it's not like i'll feel it when you eat the fruit. i might feel it when you pick them, i dunno. we'll have to see." he admitted with a grin, pouting when he realized all the flowers had fallen off and the branches where wilting and shrinking back int him. that wasn't fun. no fair. "i'm getting food. i'm starved." he admitted, heading for the massive array of vegetables on the far end. he was loading his plate when the screams started. he blinked and looked down and then behind himself. oh. there was a knife inside him. what an unusual sensation. he blinked when the knife was pulled out and slid back inside him, new place, like butter but he didn't feel the pain. how odd. oh. it was because he was in shock. he could feel heat spreading from the first wound, spreading out, sinking inside and spreading like poison. poison. stabbed an poisoned. well this was fun. he could hear screaming, someone was screaming, he couldn't make out the words because black darkness was closing in, but Cernunnos and the gathered crowds heard the mad ravings of the Second in Command of the Lord of the Reptiles. Mad ravings about how James had seduced Belladonna and ensnared her with love spells and potions. the Knife aimed, dripping with venom and blood, striking down once more, intending to kill James in one final stroke.

Back
Top Bottom