Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Is He A Lover or A Fighter {guitarfan2810 & WrittenFantasies}

She sighed and turned to him. Her eyebrow was raised as he spoke. "I wouldn't be here if I didn't want to be." She told him and then pointed out the door. "Now aired until he was out of the house and then she locked the door.

She followed him to the car and buckled him in, if he needed the help. The league had a doctor he was supposed to see so she drove them there. There was a short wait and that was filled with paper work. It felt like a few minutes after turning the paperwork back in he was called to the back. She stayed out front and wished him luck as he went back. If he needed her support she would go back with him but doctors offices were private places.

"So what seems to be the problem, Jake?" Dr. Amund asked and took his seat across from Jake.

Jake sighed and went to the car with her. He buckled up and as she drove he looked out the window. He then turned to look at her. "You want me to talk about things and not get upset, that's just what I was doing. Trying to talk out what's in my head instead of keeping it bottled up..." He let out a sigh then looked back out the window.

Once he got called to go back and she wished him luck he stopped. "Come with me." He waited for her and grabbed her hand as he went back. She was his girlfriend now and he didn't want there to be secrets, whether it was a private place or not, he wanted her with him.

Jake sighed. "Well...I had a fight last night and got put in an armbar and it didn't really start to bother me until later after the fight. I don't have much strength in it and it's pretty painful." His eyes looked over to Adri.

"That's not what it sounded like." She said softly. "I can understand being nervous and I'm nervous too but I have never thought that I shouldn't be with you. It may be the different back grounds we have but that's just not my train of thought."

She walked with him to the office and sat in the chair in the corner. "He had some fractured ribs and was told to rest up but the medic didn't look at his arm yesterday. His elbow is what looks the worst." She added and looked from Jake to the doctor.

"Well we can do a series of tests and see what's wrong."

It took a couple hours of X-rays and tests before the conclusive results came back. "It's looks like some ligaments tore and you have a sprain. If you want it to heal properly and be able to fight again you need to go on a break. I will give you anti-inflammatory pills to take and I want you to ice it, rest it, and keep it bound. You'll only be down a couple weeks and then you can start back up. But you have to rest in order for it to heal."

Jake figured they could talk more about it when they got home. He wanted her to know he did want to be with her. He loved her...

Jake sighed and shook his head. "So if I don't rest and let it heal I can't fight anymore? What if I do rest and do everything you say then I should make a full recovery and can still fight? I have to be able to still fight. I'll do whatever I need to. I have to keep doing this." Jake looked at Adri. He was feeling a whirlwind of emotions. He hadn't ever torn anything before. This would set him back on training and he was training to soon get a championship fight. He knew this was bad for his career.

He looked down and just felt lost for a few minutes. It was probably good Adri was there or things could get ugly. "Can I still run and work on strengthening my legs. Can I have my trainer get in contact with you so I know what I can and can't do?" He let out a sigh and a face like he wanted to punch something but kept it to himself.

"If you don't let it rest and heal then it will get worst. I'm not going to say you won't be able to fight but it's not a good idea to test it out." He said and then looked at Adri.

Adri nodded her head and looked at Jake. He looked like he was hanging on a thread. She stood up and walked over to him. She rubbed his back soothingly and kissed his temple.

While Jake was worried about training, she was worried about his health. "How long does he need to heal?"

The doctor opened his hands and closed them, "It could take anywhere from two to six weeks. You are in great shape and you are a healthy eater. I am guessing it could take less time than that but you have to rest." Switching to Jake's question he shook his head, "No training at all. Lay down read a book, watch tv, go on vacation. I will put your arm in a cast if I need too." He threatened.

"For now I don't want you doing anything. After two weeks come back to me and I will check your arm again. If it is healthy you can start training again but start off slow and then you can go back to your regular training. Okay?"

It helped the minute Adri walked over and rubbed his back. His temper seemed to melt away a bit.

Then the doctor said 2-6 weeks. And no training. No no that didn't work for Jake. "Wait...I can't even run for two weeks at least?" He looked at Adri. "Babe...do you realize what two-six weeks off is going to do?" Jake shook his head. "I don't do that stuff. I train. Train first rest later is my mentality." He let out a sigh.

Jake just sat there a few moments not sure what to say or do. He was beyond upset. How did he win yet still have something torn and sprained? He just nodded at the doctor. He knew Adri was going to be on his ass about not doing a damn thing for at least 2 weeks. He looked at Adri, "Well I guess we can go to Colorado now, nothing else I can freaking do." He turned to the doctor. "Any other rules?"

"If you relax for the two weeks then you might heal faster. He isn't here to harm your career Jake. He is here to make sure you have a career." She said softly.

"Rest and ice. If you don't she will bring you back and I will put you in a cats for six weeks. Go to the store and pick up a bandage so you can wrap the elbow and stop it from moving too much." He looked at Adri who nodded her head again. "The front will have the prescription for the anti-immflamtory pills. You can fill it out where you get the bandage."

Adri held her hand out for Jake and walked with him tot he front. She took the paper and then walked with him to the car. "I have a little more bad news." She said softly."You can't eat as much as you did. You are going to be bored which may lead to snacking and if you want to keep the weight you are at, you are going to have to cut down on eating." She typically fed him big plates of food because he would work off a lot of carbs and needed a lot of food to fill his stomach. She couldn't do that. He would have to eat normal amounts which might equal a grumpy/hangry Jake.

Jake didn't want a cast but he didn't see why he couldn't at least run. It didn't make sense that was his lower body and heart not his arm. He didn't say much as they grabbed his script and went to the car. He stopped and looked at her when she said there was more bad news. The man couldn't take much more that day. He didn't even say a word to her he just got in the car and looked out the window.

He remained quiet the rest of the drive to the store. He went in with her and looked for a bandage. If he had to wrap it he wanted to at least look cool so he grabbed the black wrap before turning in his script. He sat on the bench and waited. He was angry and annoyed and he was trying to keep his cool so he didn't say anything. Hell he couldn't even go home and go to the basement and punch it out.

The more he thought about what he couldn't do the more frustrated he got. He knew that everyone now from this time on would use his arm against him. Whether it healed or not. He would have to train for longer and harder to get back to where he was. Six weeks was a long time for no training. He would go home and do research on what he can do while his body couldn't do a darn thing.

She drove him to the store and she was going to go alone but he got out of the car and did everything himself. She just followed silently and let him have some space. When he got his perscription, she walked with him to the register and used the card he gave her. Then she took him home. It was all done quietly since he was seething with rage.

She went to the kitchen and made an ice pack for his arm. "Do you want me to wrap it up now or later?" She asked and handed him the ice pack with a towel to protect his skin.

She looked him over and sat next to him, "You're acting like he said you can never fight again. He just told you to rest for the next two weeks to heal. You're going to get back in the octogon. You just have to do what he said." She used her finger under his chin to make him look at her, "You're going to get back into the ring. Until then you can do other things that don't involving fighting. You have magazine offers and other stuff to fill the time with. I'm not going to let you do something crazy but a little modeling won't hurt."

She kissed him, even if he didn't want the kiss, "I'll make these two weeks go by faster. Maybe we can go to the strip and stay at a hotel or something. Okay?"

Once they got home he sat on the couch and when she asked about wrapping it now or later he said he didn't care.

When she said he was acting like he couldn't fight again he wrinkled his forehead and looked at her. "I'm not acting like I'm never going to fight again. I'm sorry my brain is trying to wrap around what this injury means for me. You already so blatantly informed me I have to watch watch I eat basically so I don't get fat. Thank you for that by the way. Not to mention all of my competition doesn't have to wait two weeks, at least, to train. Some fighters, yes only train when they have a fight coming, no I don't I train constantly. Whether it be cardio so I don't get winded or technique. I can't even run Adri. That has nothing to do with my elbow. Nothing. That's two weeks of no lifting at least. Who is to say I'm going to be able to lift or use it like I did before after those two weeks. You know in a matter of hours or days everyone is going to know I'm injured. Where do you think my opponents are going to go after. My right elbow. To put me in another armbar. They are going to use this as a sign of weakness for me." He shook his head a bit annoyed, she didn't get it.

"Fine, I'll do magazine offers whatever. I'm not modeling. I fight Adri. I feel I have a little bit of right to be a little pissed off about this. I haven't thrown anything, I haven't yelled, honestly I think I'm handling this pretty damn for me."

When she kissed him he kissed her back. He knew she was trying to help and he loved her for that but he was upset and would be for just a little bit.

She stood up after his little rant and grabbed the bandage. She wrapped his arm and then put the ice back on it. "You can't run because you move your arms when you run. You use your arms even when you don't think you are. It's going to suck but for the next two weeks there are thing that you won't be able to do. Follows doctors orders and you may be training in less than two weeks." She shrugged her shoulders and went to do the laundry.

He could do what he wanted as long as it didn't involve his arm too much. She found the directions to his mother's house and printed them out for there and back. She looked up gas prices and called the bank to make sure they knew that they were travelling so their cards didn't get shut off. They would leave Monday night/ tuesday morning and get there wednesday afternoon. They could stay for as long as Jake wanted and then come back home. She found a hotel so Jake had some space from his mother, or she had a place to stay so she could be with his family.

She didn't think he would be able to drive very much so she had to make a trip to the store to get some energy drinks to keep her awake for the 11 hour drive. It would be very interesting to see who flipped their lid first. jake was grumpy when he was hungry and Adriana was grumpy when she didn't get sleep. Her alarm went off and she got Jake both of his pills and went back to planning their trip. Once that was finished she called Luke and let him know what was going on and that Jake might need some time to heal. She told him two weeks on the phone but sent him a text telling him it could take longer but she was trying to stay positive for Jake.

She moved her laundry to the dryer and looked at Jake. "I have to run some errands and pack for this trip to Denver. Are you going to be okay by yourself?"

He didn't think he would hurt his arm that much but moving it when he ran but what did he know he guessed. "Fine Ill sit on my ass and do nothing."

Jake took his medication when she brought it to him. He was watching ESPN about the fights. He was still annoyed but he was trying not to but it was hard.

He looked at Adri. "I'll be fine. I think I can handle it. Not like I can do anything anyways."

Afro rolled her eyes and grabbed her purse. Hopefully he'd have a better attitude when she came back. "Call me if you need me." She told him and walked out of the house. She took his car to the gas station and filled up the tank. She got it washed and then she went to the store to get energy drinks and snacks for the ride. Healthy stuff for Jake and a couple not so health snacks for Adri.

She did a little shopping to get some comfortable shoes for driving. She also bought some jeans and shirts. Not really for the trip but because they were cute and caught her eye. She wasn't in a rush to get back to Jake and his attitude. When she finished shopping she went home and packed for their trip. In a different suit case she packed enough clothes and underwear to stay with Jake for a little while.

She came home a couple hours after she left him and she put her suitcases in the spare bedroom. "Are you hungry?" She asked and walked into the kitchen. She checked on the cheesecake and put it in the fridge. "Cheesecake will be done by dinner."

Jake texted with Luke a bit about how he's pretty annoyed and that Adri doesn't exactly understand or get why he is frustrated.

After awhile of texting with Luke, Jake watched some tv before he fell asleep on the couch. He was asleep for most of the time while Adri was gone. The medication they had him on made him pretty tired. He didn't take a lot of medication so it effected him differently then it may the normal person.

When he woke up he was still frustrated and upset. Jake wasn't someone to stay down very well. He was a very active person, he worked out every day. This wasn't going to be easy. At least if they went to see his family that would help him keep his mind off things. Maybe he sneaked in a small work out.

When Adri came in he didn't say anything. "Yeah a bit. But I need your help can you come here?" He was laying on the couch. The ice pack was warm by now, as he didn't move from the couch while she was gone.

He started to pull left overs from the fridge and pulled two plates out. When he asked for her help she walked over and got him in a comparable sitting position from there he could get up on his own if he needed too.

She went back to the kitchen and continued to make lunch. She made his plate and heated it up first. She put a towel in his lap and set the warm plate down. She gave him a fork and walked back into the kitchen so she could make herself a plate.

When she was finished she sat on a barstool and ate her lunch there. It was easier that way in case he needed anything she could easily get it. She did get him something to drink and set it down on the small table by the couch.

Before Adri pulled him up into a sitting position he grabbed her hand and pulled her down to him but was careful of his elbow. "I'm sorry..." His eyes looked into her's for a moment. "I'm sorry I'm not handling this well. It bothers me it's setting me back. I'm going to be frustrated a bit. I can't help that. The more I try to let it go and not let it bother me it does. I love you Adriana. I love you for taking care of me and putting up with me butt. I know it's not easy." His arm wrapped around her and pulled her close. "I know you have nothing but my best interested in heart." He spoke his words quietly and calmly.

His lips pressed against Adri's. "What can I do for you?" He wanted to do something to show his appreciation for everything. Just before they went to the doctor they got into, what a fight? Disagreement? He wasn't sure what it was labeled. He wanted to not just ignore that or not fix things. "I'm sorry about before too. I'm going to have fears cause of my past and how I am. I can't help that. Just keep reminding me your here okay?" He pulled her closer as he said that last sentence almost in a fearful tone. He was scared to death to lose her.

Truth was he was nervous taking her home to his family. He knew it would be partly fun and nice for her to see his mom and sister. For her to see where he came from. It would probably help explain things to her. But he was afraid she would realize she didn't want all the baggage that came with him. He was surprised she was still there as long as she had been.

She didn't like being on top of him because she didn't want him to hurt even more. She looked down at him as he spoke and nodded her head. "I figured you would be a butt after this whole thing. I hoped you wouldn't but I figured it would happen. I'll deal with it. It's part of the job." She said softly.

She kissed him back and sighed,"Nothjng. You don't have to do anything." She nodded her head when he apologized for before. "I took it out of hand." She said softly. "I'm here to stay." She didn't know how much more she could say it. She could only hope that one day she would t have to say it. He would just know and believe her the countless time she had said it before.

She got up and helped him and ate at the counter. "Come to the back so we can pack your suitcase. We are leaving early Tuesday night. I found a hotel but if you want to stay with your family you an do that. domt forget to call your mom or sister and let them know we are coming."

He rolled his eyes a bit when she said she figured he'd be a butt and just let out a sigh. "It's not part of your job..."

Jake nodded when she said she was there to stay. But was she? She hadn't even told him she loved him. One day she could get tired of his crap and leave and he knew that.

He ate quietly since she sat at the counter and not really with him. She still seemed pissed and he guessed she had every right to be. "I need to make a phone call first. But why Tuesday? What's going on till then?" He then went into his office and shut the door. He was in there for a little while and was quiet so Adri couldn't hear who he was talking to.

A bit later he came out and went to his bedroom to get his bag packed. "I'm not calling them." He said quietly and looked through some of his Affliction clothes. "What endorsers did we have interested after the fight? You never told me?" He looked at her.

"I'm taking Monday off to take care of some things at my apartment before we leave. I need to clean out my fridge and clean up a little bit. I will be a phone call away if you need anything. It won't take all day but it needs to be done." She hadn't lived at home for a while. She had rotten food that needed to be thrown out. She needed to get rid of any dust and vacuum. She had to pay her bills and check her mail too.

She finished eating while he was on his phone call. She washed the dishes and looked at the food in the fridge. One of them would have to throw it out before they left that way it didn't spoil while they were away. They still had a few meals to eat though. It could wait until it was time to go.

She was flipping through the channels when he returned. "Affliction wants you to come in and look at the shirts they made. They also want to talk to you about donating the shirts you have. They have some ideas they want to add before they allow you to do it. A magazine wants to do a photo spread and interview with you. A bunch of others but those were the top endorsements. You can look the rest over Monday or while I am driving. Also, Fit Tea wants to know if you will become a spokesmodel for their product. It means drinking the tea and post a picture of you drinking it on Instagram. Easy money. They want the both of us, separately. I told them I would do it but there is no pressure for you to do it."

Jake looked at Adri. "You're supposed to ask before you just take a day off..."

He watched her flip through the channels. "Alright. I can meet with Affliction not a problem. Maybe let them know I'm going to be out of town and we set something up after." He went in and sat down next to her. "It depends on the magazine. But probably. And about the tea, I'm not drinking something I don't know what is in it and what it tastes like." Jake was confused a bit. "They want you and I? Why do they want you?" He looked at her not getting it. Of course she was hot, very hot, but why did they want her? Because they were dating or at the time of the fight she was his assistant?

Things still seemed off between the two of them and he wasn't exactly sure how to fix it. She still seemed upset with him but he was over it. "You want me to just pack my own bag? I can do it while you're off tomorrow. Sorry if I've been making you work too much." He sat back and rested his head against the back of the couch.

"I didn't think you would mind but if it bothers you I won't take the day off." They already crossed the line when they started dating. Now that line was becoming blurry. She was his girlfriend but she worked for him first and foremost. Work always came first with him. She needed to remember that. "I don't have to do it. I can wait and do it when we come back or something." She said softly.

"I have a lot of followers on Instagram. I'm in the six digits now and this little job is easy money so I'm taking it. I don't even have to drink the tea. Just take a picture with the bag." She looked at him and shrugged her shoulder. "I'm pretty sure they send the email to every one with a certain amount of followers. It's not that big of a deal."

She rubbed her lips together. She didn't know what she was acting so weird. She wanted thing to go back to normal but she didn't want to get hurt again. He already said that they shouldn't be together. Even if it was because of his past she didn't like the idea that one day he mig say it and mean it. Somethings couldn't be fixed that easily.

"If you feel strong enough to pack yourself then you can. But that really is part of my job. Don't get hurt even more because you feel like I am being over worked. I'm getting a day off tomorrow. Let me do my job tonight. I'll for you. Just pull out the clothes you want. Okay?"

Jake sighed. "I didn't say you couldn't take a day off. I was just saying that you are supposed to ask first. It seems like lately you're just coming in here barking orders at me."

"Yes you don't need to remind me. You have a bunch of followers on Instagram..." He said and realized how he was sounding and just let out a sigh.

Jake was getting frustrated. "Alright...we need to talk...like now. What is going on? You still sound pissed at me. What did I do now? I don't understand. Can you explain what's wrong? What am I missing?" He had no idea that was what was still on her mind. He feared a huge blow out fight...but why not have it now and get it over with right?

"I'm sorry if I made you feel that way, Jake." She said softly and out the remote down.

She licked her lips when he sprung her with the 'we need to talk' line. "I have every right to be upset Jake. You aren't sure about us. That's fine. But..." She took a deep breath and bit her inner lip. "It feels like sometime you act like you are the only one that comes from a hard background. Yes, your stepfather was a horrible man. My ex was a horrible guy too. You can't just say maybe we shouldn't date and think I am going to take it lightly. You're afraid of being alone and I'm afraid of having my heart broken again." She looked at him and stood up.

"I don't know what else to say. I want to forget that you said it. I want to believe you didn't mean it like that. I'm falling in love with you and I'm afraid that you don't care."

He let out a sigh. "Alright first...I know what I want. That isn't what any of this is about. Sorry what I said was because I was trying to look out for you. Because I do care about you and I don't want to hurt you. Second, I'm not afraid to be alone. I've been on my own for awhile now. I get that your ex wasn't a good guy. I have been nothing but respectful of you and your wishes about things." He couldn't help but feel like she didn't fully understand where he was coming from so many he didn't completely understand her either.

"Adri you know more about my life than I do right now. I'm not going to hurt you like that. Of course I care. I let you in just like you have to let me in. I never told a woman I love her. Not one you could call Amy and ask her. I've never brought a woman home with me before. I'm not bringing you for business purposes. I just put on the internet that YOU are mine. The whole world is going to know. It seems that in this situation I have just as much at risk here if not a little bit more, cause I've actually put myself out there and told you I love you." Jake sighed moved his arm a bit trying to get comfortable.

He didn't want to end up like his stepfather. He was afraid to become the man he hated. She knew that. He was so afraid to be like him that he would push Adri away if he felt he was becoming his stepfather. "I used the wrong words. I'm sorry I said you were afraid of something." She suppressed the urge to roll her eyes. This was getting off topic.

It sounded like he was upset that she wouldn't tell him she loved him. She could say it a million times but she wouldn't mean it. She would much rather wait until she was sure she meant it that way he knew with out a doubt that she loved him.

"I don't care if you haven't said it to other people. The only thing I care about is if it's true. You're taking me home, you're showing me this private life and I'm grateful your trust me enough to tell me all of this. I told you I'm Tallinn love with you but you are not going to force those words out of my mouth."

Back
Top Bottom