Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Fracture in the Balance (Translucentfeathers & Beelzing)

There was something about that soft statement, the almost contemplative look and tone that had Claire's intuition telling her she needed to be guarded and careful in this. "Whatever you are thinking, don't," she hummed out quietly before listening to tje werewolf change the subject.

She chuckled slightly at the pursed lips and arched eyebrow that Leona flashed at her while trying to decipher if the vampire had been teasing or not. Listening for a moment Claire shook her head briefly before shrugging with a grin. "Since when does my disapproval rank on your scale of 'Things Leona Concerns Herself With' list?" She asked with a playful smile. "But it wasn't disapproval, you are welcome to think and or feel however you want towards others. And I know I am included in the 'toys' category you place the world in," she said with a shrug. "Already came to grips with that earlier today back in Jared's territory, remember?" She asked with a teasing tone.

The next question threw her slightly and she raised an eyebrow at the way Leona's eyes locked onto her and watched her silently. "I care too much," she said with a shake of her head before continuing. "Not in a self righteous, love the world and all it's inhabitants way...I simply care too much for what other people think of me, of a situation I am involved in," Claire said with an idle shrug. "It gets tiresome keeping myself on a leash and in control constantly simply for the sake of duty and diplomacy."

It was all true, her hatred of wearing a figurative mask was so ingrained within her at this point though she doubted she would ever live a day where it didn't plague her or she didn't feel the need to refrain from doing and acting how she wanted freely without experiencing some semblance of guilt.

"Trust me, there are easier less lethal ways to see me lose control than becoming overcome with bloodlust," she said with a slight smirk, proud she had noticed where Leona was going with it before shuddering slightly. "You wouldn't want to see a vampire having gone feral," she said with a soft nod. In truth she had witnessed it twice, once a young turned vampire refused to submit to her new needs and desires for blood, she found it disgusting and degrading, hating the idea of living off of other creatures. Another had been another recently turned man that had been found on the outskirts of the city, no one knew why he had not been feeding himself, but the demeanor and dark demented places they had fallen to had been slightly terrifying to behold. Vampires were a dark and dangerous predator when hungry, when starved or presented with so much blood it sent them into a frenzy? They were terrifying, even to Claire who had been born under the covenant. She glanced over at Leona and smiled briefly. "Besides, you probably wouldn't appreciate me gnawing on you like that...you're the one who is supposed to chew on their toys, not me."

The next bit had her laughing slightly, "We are two contradicting contradictions," she hummed in agreement, tipping her head to the side slightly as her green eyes locked onto the golden gaze currently studying her as she listened to her next question, steeling herself for it, though she found herself in the end not nearly as torn up as she thought she might have been. Thought she should have been. Claire chewed on her bottom lip delicately, mindful of her sharp canines so as to not draw blood.

She wasn't honestly sure how she felt, but it was probably leaning closer to the latter half of Leona's thought process. "I never knew what it was like before to have this type of freedom," she hummed. "So while it was a shit situation? It wasn't anything I wasn't used to. That may not make sense," she said idly before shrugging with a small grin. "But it wasn't like I was used to freedom and then someone tried caging me. Pretty sure you would have lost your everloving mind, though. Moreso than now, of course."

The quite literal 'wolfish grin' Leona had taken on had Claire blushing heatedly as her green eyes widened slightly. She recovered, or at least attempted to anyway, her eyes quickly looking away as she ran a hand through her hair to tame it back a bit. "Yeah, not a snowball's chance in hell, Leona. Still remember the last time you got me riled up and heated and left me wanting. I am not an idiot enough to risk that again," she muttered.

The blush wouldn't fade though and it had her for once at a loss for words as she felt herself scramble within her mind to try and regain some sort of even keel and remember what else Leona had said. It was all agreements and just small remarks and it had her struggling to find something else to say that wouldn't give the werewolf the idea she had been so affected by the others words. Of course, the silence and blush surely did not help her much.

Finallt she gave up and just focused on returning the chuckle Leona had offered, shaking her head a bit. "Well you know, terrorize, traumatize, it all makes for one hell of a good angst moment and as a vampire wapparently thrive off of Gothic angst as much as you do with your toys," she teased, trying to deflect.

That predatory smile, the way Leona was moving in with sharp teeth and a voice that was practically growling it's responses to her had Claire's blush furthering. Her tongue darted to wet her lips quickly, as she shifted back as Leona advanced, pressing forward and onto the bed, into Claire's space until they were inches apart and she could feel the other woman's breath against her lips. It was fucking intoxicating and had her craving to lean in and close the distance. She resisted though eyes darting up to Leona's amber golden gaze.

The admittance had her raising an eyebrow as she quietly thought over her own embarrassing admittance, debating if she really wanted to give someone like Leona that type of power over her. The short almost violent yes that seemed to ring out in her mind had her startled into her response.

"My neck," she said with a slight shake of her head as she lowered her eyes to the cliche flowery, bed spread of the comforter. "Anything to do with my neck, biting, kissing, sucking, or even grabbing me by it."

Admitting something such an interest among her own kind would have been met with a very negative response. As the born and bred daughter of a coven leader, an untouched and unmarred throat was a symbol, a representation of rank-she hated it. "Any combination of those things does it for me."

She glanced up, eyes meeting Leona's after flicking briefly at that mouth that was so close she could almost imagine tasting it again. "Your turn."

The suggestion threw her for a moment and suddenly Leona was crawling forward, leaning in testing Claire's claims. The way Leona's hand curled around one side of her neck as her mouth pressed to the other, tongue lapping at her pale skin and dragging hotly over her cool flesh had the vampire's eyes sliding shut as her head lolled back to offer Leona more of her throat.

The werewolf coaxed a soft gasp from her at the harsh sucking Leona applied to the juncter of her throat and shoulsee and Claire's hand came up to slip through the short dark hair the other woman sported, remembering Leona's own claims. Long pale fingers smoothed through the dark strands and she cradled the head to her neck as her eyes slipped shut, fingers rubbing and pressing along the other womans scalp.

When she felt Leona pull away, she glanced up at those golden eyes through thick lashes as Claire wet her lips, debating on what to say, how to answer. "Like I am wanting more and if you get up and leave me on edge again I may or may not steal your car and leave you here with all of these monstrous, while currently neutral, werewolves," she said with a bit of a hum,

The kiss stained with Leona's blood had Claire sealing her mouth against the werewolfs as she tried to breathe the other woman in hungrily. Fingers tangling in Leona's dark hair, her freehand slipped up between them to wrap her arm around the back of Leona's neck. The tight embrace, the way Leona was dragging Claire in and keeping her there had the vampire sighing even as the hunger for blood rushed through her, demanding more.

The way her body felt trapped betwren the arm st her back and the hand creeping up under her shirt caused her eyes to slam shut as she tried to mold herself against Leona's form as much as possible.

Claire sucked gently at Leona's bottom lip with a primal sounding moan before pulling back enough to stare at Leona's face, body arching into the hand that slipped under her shirt. "So, what are the rules? Because last time things ended when I wrapped a leg around your hips in attempts to draw you closer...would hate to pull a repeat move that causes you to leave me," she murmured, leaning back in for another hot kiss that had her head spinning from the intensity and the smell of blood.

Claire felt like sparks were shooting through her skin everywhere Leona's hands slipped over her flesh. A moan slipped free from their kiss when she felt the werewolf's groping fingers slide up to unclasp her bra and free her breasts, her back arching into the touch as she felt her shirt get dragged over her head, the straps of her bra slipping off of her shoulders. Leona's warm firm grip and wandering hands had her entire body trembling, the flick of that thumb over her nipples ripped a gasp from her.

All Claire knew in that moment was that Leona was entirely over dressed, and despite the hot mouth pressing over the pale column of her throat Claire was desperate to get at more of the warm skin of the other woman. Her hands shifted, tugging at the material of Leona's shirt, struggling to pull it up, sighing when she got it up high enough to rest over the smooth swells of the werewolfs breasts at least.

Claire wrapped her arms around Leona, body pressing firmly against the warmth of the other woman's skin as her head tipped back to bare more of her throat the the werewolf, despite knowing the move was idiotic. Claire's hands slipped up to unclasp the other woman's bra easily before trying to drag the clothes off, tugging gently against the werewolf's arms. "Leona, get this off, please..."

Back
Top Bottom